Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I was SUPER casual at SFIVSUOAE so SFV has been a mild curiosity but hearing all of this stuff and being lovely at fighting games has made me wary of giving it the time of day.

The impression I've gotten is that for newbies and casuals, it's still not a great package. I hear that the new Guilty Gear is shaping up to be a far superior single player and new player package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why does the psn web store default to sorting the NEW ITEMS category from highest price to lowest. it is really stupid. why would i want to see free to play garabge rear end currency from three weeks ago when I click NEW ADDONS. the hong kong store defaults to sorting by newest first, which actually makes sense

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Delusibeta posted:

The impression I've gotten is that for newbies and casuals, it's still not a great package. I hear that the new Guilty Gear is shaping up to be a far superior single player and new player package.

SFV isn't particularly great for experienced players either since it comes with way more baked in input delay than any other fighting game on the market. Playing it feels like wading through molasses.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

SFV isn't particularly great for experienced players either since it comes with way more baked in input delay than any other fighting game on the market. Playing it feels like wading through molasses.

yeah 9 frames of delay even offline is extreme. makes reactions pretty tough. that said the fighting is very fun (but not as fun as guilty gear)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revelator is going to be awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Revelator is going to be awesome.

i have the demo and yeah it is

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Xrd was phenomenal and I can't loving wait for Revelator. I'm still blown away at how good the 3D style and animation is in Xrd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another game was announced for PS2 classics in May, King of Fighters 2000. I highly doubt it will happen but I wonder if it will have online.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually looking at it, the second PS2 release of this game actually had online play, so maybe it will work?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I wonder if it will have online.

:pray:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't imagine that the matchmaking servers are still up but you never know I guess

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'd rather have 2000um ported to the ps4 but I'll probably pick it up for 10

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I saw the new Star Ocean game at PAX...is it any good? I couldn't play it (gently caress that line), but the game looked interesting.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LorneReams posted:

I saw the new Star Ocean game at PAX...is it any good? I couldn't play it (gently caress that line), but the game looked interesting.

IIRC it's been somewhat panned in Japan but that can mean almost anything. Surely someone has imported it and can better answer.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

univbee posted:

IIRC it's been somewhat panned in Japan but that can mean almost anything. Surely someone has imported it and can better answer.

Caphi did and wrote impressions about it in the... RPG thread? He quit after a bunch of protection missions or something and bad camera angles a la Tales of Zestiria.

Also people complaining about it only being 25 or so hours for whatever reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the new star ocean allows full party battles at all times with no party selection so its already the best rpg of all time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's probably going to be bad but I'm going to play it anyway. Plus yeah all seven party members in battle at once sounds like a glorious clusterfuck.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Phantasium posted:

Also people complaining about it only being 25 or so hours for whatever reason.

I think that's because it's 25 hours with padding.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, most of the complaints I heard were about it 'only' being 20-ish hours because for some reason when it comes to RPG's people equate quality with length

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's because most people rate RPGs on volume of story/campaign content ahead of grindability or replay.

I have a lot I can say about SO5, probably, but basically, between the combat and the dumb way they do cutscenes, it just was not fun to keep playing.

And yes, between those cutscenes and the board missions and the walking, I would actually say the game is padded.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
SFV is the most disappointing game I've bought for full price in awhile. It's not just the sub-Splatoon launch lack of content, the game itself just doesn't feel great and none if the characters appeal to me all that much. It has some cool ideas but it feels even stiffer IV, which was already pretty stiff feeling in a world of blazing fast anime fighters. Hell, even MK is a lot smoother than SF these days.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I actually like that Street Fighter is a lot slower than those games, I feel old and confused when I try to play them.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Canadian dollar is back up to 80 cents US. That means games will go down $10 any day now right? Lolololol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Reverse Centaur posted:

Canadian dollar is back up to 80 cents US. That means games will go down $10 any day now right? Lolololol

Thanks for the heads up; probably time to cash out from my year working in Toronto.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I platinumed Dragon Quest Heroes today and it served as a reminder why I seldom do so: it tends to sore whatever game I had a good time with. Anyway, what I wanted to ask the thread: the PS4 doesn't do the Vita thing where if you delete the game it takes down the save data along, right? I need those 30 GB back.

vvvv danke

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 30, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

I platinumed Dragon Quest Heroes today and it served as a reminder why I seldom do so: it tends to sore whatever game I had a good time with. Anyway, what I wanted to ask the thread: the PS4 doesn't do the Vita thing where if you delete the game it takes down the save data along, right? I need those 30 GB back.

Your save will not be deleted.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm going through the game right now and I just got Bianca and that other girl, I don't know the length of this game or how big the post game is, how far am I? It looks like I only have one more playable charecter to unlock

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm going through the game right now and I just got Bianca and that other girl, I don't know the length of this game or how big the post game is, how far am I? It looks like I only have one more playable charecter to unlock

The post game is big with four optional bosses, three of them requiring you to grind all the way to Lv 99 (or whereabouts) on your main team. There's two more characters for you to unlock, one is forced on you by the story, the other is an optional boss fight before the final story mission. You are halfway through the story, currently.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

axleblaze posted:

SFV is the most disappointing game I've bought for full price in awhile. It's not just the sub-Splatoon launch lack of content, the game itself just doesn't feel great and none if the characters appeal to me all that much. It has some cool ideas but it feels even stiffer IV, which was already pretty stiff feeling in a world of blazing fast anime fighters. Hell, even MK is a lot smoother than SF these days.

realtalk the feb release was 100% early access and the game will be complete in june or w/e

its lovely as gently caress but im still enjoying sfv more than sfiv

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

Your save will not be deleted.
Thank goodness the Vita is the only system to do that crap. It still gets me off guard even with a computer with CMA on all the time and the Plus thing to upload saves to the cloud.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I understand why they did I it (most PSP exploits came from altered save files) but it really feels like they could have come up with a much better solution, especially considering how expensive memory cards are and how little space you have even with the biggest one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Any votes for Enter the Gungeon? It looks fun in a Zelda 1 way, and I enjoy bullet hell games (although from what I've seen so far I don't know why people call it a bullet hell game.)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

Any votes for Enter the Gungeon? It looks fun in a Zelda 1 way, and I enjoy bullet hell games (although from what I've seen so far I don't know why people call it a bullet hell game.)

If you've played BoI, it's similar but not as good as that, but still quite fun. It also does get pretty bullet hellish pretty quickly (especially with the bosses).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I don't know. I think it's better than Isaac on account of it having good room variety and containing no spiders.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a straight port of a mobile phone game so, uh

so what? that means nothing. is it good or not?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm liking Gungeon so far (as a long time Isaac player). It's definitely harder and even more RNG-y at whether or not you can get a decent weapon to take into later floors.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Never did play Binding of Isaac, but to know it compares favorably is a good sign! I'll pick it up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

I don't know. I think it's better than Isaac on account of it having good room variety and containing no spiders.
Also the blank and the dodge roll means you don't really get cornered unless you're bad, which in Isaac could sort of happen just from bad luck. It is way stingier on health than Isaac I feel though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gungeon is pretty good but I dont really see it having the same longevity (+200 hours) as isaac for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has Sony said if they're doing the theater thing again for this year's E3?

• Locked thread