Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If you backed the last KS, they just sent out all the backer-specfic digital rewards. I just got eight shorts and $5 credit! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you backed the last KS, they just sent out all the backer-specfic digital rewards. I just got eight shorts and $5 credit! :woop:

AND The Force Awakens riff is out!

And a bunch of credit as well. Just about enough for a feature...I'm leaning towards Samurai Cop, but Cat Women is tempting as well...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got like $13 of credit because I have all the shorts, and then I got another $4 credit for a free mp3 download. :toot:
Although I found the link in the email was broken. The URL they show you and the actual link it goes to seemed to be different places for me. I couldn't see my rewards until I selected the text and then pasted that into my browser.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

IUG posted:

I got like $13 of credit because I have all the shorts, and then I got another $4 credit for a free mp3 download.

I had all but two of the shorts and got a $12.91 credit plus the MP3 credit for $3.99.

I will work on the SW:TFA riff this weekend.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

How often is the intro forever long with that animation? I just encountered it on Flying Saucer Mystery and Holy God it is bad.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. The first thing I do when I download a Rifftrax is set the start time in iTunes to skip it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

How often is the intro forever long with that animation? I just encountered it on Flying Saucer Mystery and Holy God it is bad.

They started making it about 80% shorter a little while ago

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has the Rifftrax app been updated yet now that Force Awaken is out, or it still just only has the six free Star Wars riffs?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Rirse posted:

Has the Rifftrax app been updated yet now that Force Awaken is out, or it still just only has the six free Star Wars riffs?

According to the kickstarter update, it's soon:

quote:

We're putting the finishing touches on the RiffTrax app right this very second, and once it's ready, The Force Awakens MP3 will be compatible with it. (You'll even be able to buy it - and other riffs - from within the app!)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how much it'll cost to buy the Star Wars Force Awakens MP3.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I wonder how much it'll cost to buy the Star Wars Force Awakens MP3.

$3.99

http://www.rifftrax.com/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Basically, everyone below the $75 donation level *is* getting it for free. While everyone above the level is getting it plus another free mp3 riff.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Ape of Naples posted:

Yeah. The first thing I do when I download a Rifftrax is set the start time in iTunes to skip it.

When they first debuted it, the full length version was on EVERYTHING. They quickly switched to a much more tolerable 15 second-ish version for shorts, leaving the minute+ version for feature length riffs. I think they've recently shortened that version too.

Really, the only time they should use the full length version is for Rifftrax Live, as it gives you enough time to run and grab a theater worker if the audio and/or video feed is messed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Death Promise and it's kind of funny how they didn't seem to notice one really big example of how cheap the movie was. One of the first thugs they beat up is wearing a shirt that says Puerto Rico and then two scenes later the main character is wearing that shirt.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Watching Death Promise and it's kind of funny how they didn't seem to notice one really big example of how cheap the movie was. One of the first thugs they beat up is wearing a shirt that says Puerto Rico and then two scenes later the main character is wearing that shirt.

That changed to the deathly hollows in my head and drat would that have been great

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hey, if someone beats you up then they get first dibs on your clothes. That's a rule of the streets!

Edit: That's a promise!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today I watched At Your Fingertips: Grasses (The live show version).

It was pretty drat great. Until it got to the last 20 seconds. Then it became essential.

Seriously, if you have a Hulu subscription, look up Rifftrax Live Reefer Madness (they have it listed as a clip under the Rifftrax Features section for some reason) and at least watch the first couple shorts.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 1, 2016

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Poll results will be up today or tomorrow, but it will be no surprise which B-Movie release had the most votes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Possible RiffTrax Live: Doctor Who episodes that people think are bad

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Maybe that has something to do with why the Doctor Who movies they riffed were temporarily pulled from the site? I would watch a live riff of one of those films.

Anyway, here are the survey results. The top ten vote getters, from most to fewest votes.

quote:

Just the Jokes MP3s

Twilight
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Last Airbender
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Road House
Jurassic Park
The Room
X-Men
Twilight: Eclipse
The Avengers
The votes on the MP3s were all over the place, but Twilight was the clear favorite.

quote:

Shorts

This Is Hormel
Setting Up A Room
At Your Fingertips: Grass
Shake Hands With Danger
Tale of Moose Baby
At Your Fingertips: Boxes
Paper And I
Live and Learn
Measuring Man
County Fair
This Is Hormel and Setting Up A Room were first and second by a two percent difference.

quote:

Live Shows

Birdemic
Miami Connection
The Room
"Manos": The Hands of Fate
Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny
Jack the Giant Killer
Sharknado
Plan 9 From Outer Space
House on Haunted Hill
Starship Troopers
Birdemic was the clear winner of the Live Shows, getting ten percent more votes than Miami Connection.

quote:

B-Movies

The Guy From Harlem
R.O.T.O.R.
Ghosthouse
Buffalo Rider
Fun in Balloon Land
Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare
To Catch a Yeti
Cool As Ice
The Last Slumber Party
Terror at Tenkiller
Thirty-seven percent of those who replied voted for The Guy From Harlem, and thirty-three percent voted for R.O.T.O.R.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 5, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would like Rifftrax to do Baskin but I guess it would be hard to riff a subtitled film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, I don't know about anyone else but the theater we're at for the live show tonight is almost empty. I guess people don't care about Time Chasers.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I never dreamed I would ever get to see Nick Miller on the big screen. I'm so excited!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oof, I don't know about anyone else but the theater we're at for the live show tonight is almost empty. I guess people don't care about Time Chasers.

I'm missing tonight's show because my GF works to 9, and when she gets out we're seeing Captain America Civil War at 10:30. Maybe a lot of people want to see E that tonight, but can't do a double feature.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My buddy who wants to go see it is working tonight so we'll be hitting up the replay in a couple of weeks. Time Chasers is a great movie to riff, but I don't think it's a cult classic outside of the most hardcore MST fans.

The reunion show will definitely be a different story.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I loved it, but I'm very biased. Time Chasers is one my all time favorite MST3K's. It was fun seeing all the footage cut from the TV episode. Who knew the New York cabbie had such a crucial role in the plot?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Reset Smith posted:

I loved it, but I'm very biased. Time Chasers is one my all time favorite MST3K's. It was fun seeing all the footage cut from the TV episode. Who knew the New York cabbie had such a crucial role in the plot?

The guy from New York New York?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

our theater was emptier than usual too :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ours was empty too but Civil War had huge lines. Not the best weekend for this live show.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Reset Smith posted:

One day he'll tell those rag heads to get lost.

I was a little disappointed by the show. About 15 minutes in the audio and video lost sync by about half a second which was super distracting for the dialogue scenes. And it didn't seem like they were ducking audio at all?

Edit: My theater was little more than half full.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bill losing it at the trash pile was pretty great.

Also man, those cut scenes sure were cut for a reason. Just way too much exposition about stuff that really didn't matter/make sense, like Nick's whole explanation for his theory of time travel.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Bill losing it at the trash pile was pretty great.

Also man, those cut scenes sure were cut for a reason. Just way too much exposition about stuff that really didn't matter/make sense, like Nick's whole explanation for his theory of time travel.

Being told several times that the plane had skin appeared to have no effect on the kidnappees passengers.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
Timechasers feels like a movie that was ALMOST good, but couldn't quite get there.

And my theatre was about half full, which is the average for these things in my area.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

AndyP posted:

Timechasers feels like a movie that was ALMOST good, but couldn't quite get there.

And my theatre was about half full, which is the average for these things in my area.

I think the chin got in the way.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I loved the reaction to the John Denver joke.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I loved the reaction to the John Denver joke.

That got a big groan/laugh in my theater, which was only about 1/3rd full. The small nipples line got a huge laugh as well.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought pink suited VP looked like Bobby Moynihan with a mustache.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

tvgm2 posted:

One day he'll tell those rag heads to get lost.
I have to admit, I was not expecting that.

About a third full here in RI, but it was a smaller theater because of Civil War.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://pantingwetguys.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

• Locked thread