Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

Like most of those costumes are really badass, I love Immortan Jane and Dredd too. And the Halo one is maybe a little silly but super well put together. I personally am extremely looking forward to my next costume because it's going to be mega cleavagey and way more comfortable temperature-wise than my Arthas suit, woohoo!

I would've commented on the Immortan Jane or Dredd ones but I feel like I've seen the former about a dozen times in this thread already and I don't really have much I could say about Dredd since I've never been that big on the character at all. It's well put together and I feel like that's all I can really say about it? :shrug: I dunno, I'm weird about things at times.

The Captain America one I dunno, barring the tattoos I could imagine seeing something like that in a form of media in a Captain America setting before he got frozen.

Snatch Duster posted:

So many offended anime avatar havers.

Hey man, as long as you keep it to dumb comments on the internet, I've got no real beef with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad Tobias has finally overcome his condition.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

RareAcumen posted:

I would've commented on the Immortan Jane or Dredd ones but I feel like I've seen the former about a dozen times in this thread already and I don't really have much I could say about Dredd since I've never been that big on the character at all. It's well put together and I feel like that's all I can really say about it? :shrug: I dunno, I'm weird about things at times.

What I don't understand about busty female Dredd is that Judge Anderson exists and is a character.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deviant posted:

What I don't understand about busty female Dredd is that Judge Anderson exists and is a character.

Nothing will stop people from doing genderswap cosplay. I remember seeing a female DIO and Freddy Krueger a while back. Also fairly certain I saw a male Chun Li as well.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

HardDisk posted:

Kamui posted the build video on her channel and it's loving amazing :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdgSBeRonbw

Nice. A) those are some amazing painting skills and b) the rare earth magnets are brilliant/cool as gently caress.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Deviant posted:

The point of cosplay is that you get to pretend you're someone you're not, not that you get to pretend you're someone you are but in different clothes. :shrug:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Besesoth posted:

The point of cosplay is that you get to pretend you're someone you're not, not that you get to pretend you're someone you are but in different clothes. :shrug:

What's a good costume to pretend you're someone who's happy and doesn't long for the agonizing burden of life to end?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dumb. posted:

What's a good costume to pretend you're someone who's happy and doesn't long for the agonizing burden of life to end?

Robin Williams.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

RareAcumen posted:

Robin Williams.

:vince:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

RareAcumen posted:

Robin Williams.

Fuckin lol, ice cold

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

RareAcumen posted:

The Captain America one I dunno, barring the tattoos I could imagine seeing something like that in a form of media in a Captain America setting before he got frozen
Mostly I am irritated at the crappy trolly posting of good cosplays like these women have something to apologize for, so I reiterated my liking of them. Not trying to be overly repetitive, just trying to stay positive I guess

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Deviant posted:

Judge Anderson wasn't a brunette and didn't have Giant Rude tits? :shrug:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snatch Duster posted:

GET OVER IT!

Chill, dude. Chill.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

VendaGoat posted:

I want to see Judge Manderson with ripped abs and biceps like a sturdy oak.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Some renditions def have the giant rude tits, depending on who's drawing her, but FINE~ hmph.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drawing? No, Dredd's a movie dummy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Ah, yes how silly of me to forget that.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Aphrodite posted:

All silliness aside, Dredd is a loving fantastic movie. It's a tragedy the sequel will never be made.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Honestly I'll just take Judge Anderson.

:swoon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dumb. posted:

All silliness aside, Dredd is a loving fantastic movie. It's a tragedy the sequel will never be made.

I saw something recently (like just this week) that said Urban is apparently trying to get something done with Prime or Netflix, but it was a Facebook sidebar news story and I didn't actually click it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Aphrodite posted:

I saw something recently (like just this week) that said Urban is apparently trying to get something done with Prime or Netflix, but it was a Facebook sidebar news story and I didn't actually click it.

That's basically it, Urban wants to do it, but someone needs to produce it.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

VendaGoat posted:

Olivia Thirlby hrrrrrrngh :stwoon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

Mostly I am irritated at the crappy trolly posting of good cosplays like these women have something to apologize for, so I reiterated my liking of them. Not trying to be overly repetitive, just trying to stay positive I guess

Oh, fair enough, that makes total sense now that you explain it to me. Yeah, good on you for doing that!

VendaGoat posted:

I read the words, I swear I did, and yet I saw the gif and I thought "They're doing a live action Wreck it Ralph movie?" :cripes: I'm dumb.

VendaGoat posted:

This is a new term for me.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

RareAcumen posted:

Also fairly certain I saw a male Chun Li as well.
That's nothing new.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyway, if you're doing the movie there's plenty of reasons to do a gender bending Dredd instead of Anderson.

You can keep the helmet on the whole time and make angry faces as Dredd.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

RareAcumen posted:

It sounds like an Achewood-ism to me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I learned the term on these boards as well.

:negative:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Some Numbers posted:

That's basically it, Urban wants to do it, but someone needs to produce it.

Deadpool being rated R might help it get made but it's obviously not the same style of movie.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trast posted:

Deadpool being rated R might help it get made but it's obviously not the same style of movie.

All the studios will see is [COMIC BOOK MOVIE], rated [R] was a [SUCCESS], they wont give two shits what it was.

Forti
May 5, 2009

What does R rating mean and why is there suddenly such a loving fuss about it recently

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Forti posted:

What does R rating mean and why is there suddenly such a loving fuss about it recently

R-ratings (18+) being given to movies are generally seen as the kiss of death by studios, regardless of the film's quality, because they aren't going to target that sweet, sweet, whole-nuclear-family safe-money-making demographic like PG-13 does.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Forti posted:

R is the 17 and up rating in the US, and traditionally R movies make less money (or are seen as making less money) than movies of comparable subject matter and quality (or are seen as etc) that are only rated PG-13. This leads most movies that are intended to be mega-blockbusters to target PG-13.

It also leads to movies where violence is kinda the point to get sequels that miss the point in pursuit of that profits enhancing ratings downshift.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Apr 30, 2016

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

(I like that Vaughn)

I don't get it, but I think I hate this guy

VIDEO GAMES

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Forti posted:

There's been a bunch of R-rated 'adult' superhero films (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kick-rear end, Dredd, Darkman, The Punisher, Tank Girl, The Crow, Blade) but they usually perform wayyyyy under what the shinybright PG-13 'family' superhero films like Batman or Avengers achieve at the box office. Deadpool was an R-rated superhero film that came out earlier this year and it's made more than three quarters of a billion dollars worldwide so far which took everyone by surprise and will probably lead to a slew of lovely knock-off R-rated superhero films over the next decade trying to recapture the lightning in the cashbottle.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been a bunch of R-rated 'adult' superhero films (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kick-rear end, Dredd, Darkman, The Punisher, Tank Girl, The Crow, Blade) but they usually perform wayyyyy under what the shinybright PG-13 'family' superhero films like Batman or Avengers achieve at the box office. Deadpool was an R-rated superhero film that came out earlier this year and it's made more than three quarters of a billion dollars worldwide so far which took everyone by surprise and will probably lead to a slew of lovely knock-off R-rated superhero films over the next decade trying to recapture the lightning in the cashbottle.

I mean, that's the idea. But chances are someone higher up will say "Yeah, but imagine how much it would have made if it was PG-13" and then look out sequel.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad Tobias has finally overcome his condition.

The gorilla behind him sells this picture.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pesterchum posted:

I mean, that's the idea. But chances are someone higher up will say "Yeah, but imagine how much it would have made if it was PG-13" and then look out sequel.

Ryan Reynolds also produced the film and he and the writers have confirmed they're keeping the sequel R-rated and similarly low budget. :ssh:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remind me why Tank Girl was rated R?

• Locked thread