Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Any tipa on pyromancer progression? Im having such troubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hold on let me just post this in its own post:

I misspoke when I said I consistantly healed when fighting people who restore their FP. I don't. If you want proof I record literally every moment of my dark souls, I'll pull some up right now and edit it. I just don't see what the big deal is lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Harrow posted:

If there is a harder boss in this series than Nameless King I can't remember it,

Ancient Dragon probably but that boss was objectively designed to not be beaten and be total bullshit

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Buschmaki posted:

Can't you use weapon arts even when you're out of FP?

You can but I believe they lose any special effects and also deal pitiful damage, so its pointless.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

Can't you use weapon arts even when you're out of FP?

You can "use them" but they either do piss poor damage (I think) or they don't work how they're supposed to. In the instance of caestus, I don't get my second of non-staggerability and damage reduction, which is 100% the entire point of the weapon art.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I mean, if you're going to drink in a duel, you better make sure you're out of range of anything cause if you're not, of course youre going to eat some damage for it. You wouldn't rebuff in their face would you?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ancient Dragon probably but that boss was objectively designed to not be beaten and be total bullshit

Just clip his toenails

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Brannock posted:

Just clip his toenails

While avoiding an instant death fire attack that covers 90% of the arena

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah don't fight dragon feet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It is super obnoxious almost winning a 3v1 as an invader only for the connection to slowly poo poo the bed and whoops I can't move in any direction any more.

e: Oh good, a phantom in the undead settlement with Soul Stream

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It is super obnoxious almost winning a 3v1 as an invader only for the connection to slowly poo poo the bed and whoops I can't move in any direction any more.

he probably lag switched you

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
They fixed Ancient Dragon in SOTFS.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I faught off 2 reds and a watchdog of farron one time and right as I was about to land the critical hit after a parry on the farron defender, my controller died and the button didn't register and he got up and backstabbed me lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Babe Magnet posted:

You can "use them" but they either do piss poor damage (I think) or they don't work how they're supposed to. In the instance of caestus, I don't get my second of non-staggerability and damage reduction, which is 100% the entire point of the weapon art.

That's loving lame.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

HnK416 posted:

Is the Profaned Capital as small as it looks?

It's more like a profaned tower with some crap at the bottom + a supermarket that sells golden food.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he probably lag switched you

I forgot these existed. :(

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Magic and weapon arts being tied to non-replenishing meters seems like a dumb holdover thing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

That's loving lame.

Yeah I usually don't live long enough to run out of FP but I have like no investment with attunement so sometimes it sneaks up on me and I'm feeling all smug ready to get that heavy windup punch going and blam, in the dirt.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a single person playing DS3 legitimately at level 20 because that's one lag switcher I guess and two hosts with level ten million phantoms with soul stream and CSS.

e: No, there isn't. gently caress this.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 30, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

Magic and weapon arts being tied to non-replenishing meters seems like a dumb holdover thing.

ironically its a new system that hasn't been seen since DeS

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Miyazaki was a mistake

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

b team

Best Team

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Buschmaki posted:

Nah DS1 and 2 magic was based Vancian magic, which was the original video-gamey magic system.

Just finished most of archdragon peak (except the boss) before going to Anor Londo. This should be interesting. :unsmigghh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's really amazing how one week in five invasions in a row are cheaters or hosts with sugar daddy phantoms to play the game for them. This wasn't a well planned out system.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fereydun posted:

b team

Best Team

a team

Go Away team

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there a single person playing DS3 legitimately at level 20 because that's one lag switcher I guess and two hosts with level ten million phantoms with soul stream and CSS.

e: No, there isn't. gently caress this.

I think they're joined to the host with a password, which is supposed to scale down their damage. Unfortunately I don't think it scales down their stamina, so occasionally you get the guy running around with the dragonslayer swordspear who pokes at you 6 times in a row and then starts trying to spam that lightning bolt as soon as you run off to use an estus.

It wasn't too common, but it still happened several times while I was finishing collecting pale tongues and vertebra shackles. They almost always come in groups of 3.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
For further stupid questions, is it possible to get battle axe without a Warrior start outside of the defaulting to Deep one in High wall? Why are most normal axes such special snowflakes, on that note? It seems everything that isn't one of a kind is in the later half of the game.

Well, aside from Thrall Axes. Not like I've gotten one yet despite a mountain of axe thrall corpses. A Weaker hand axe with quickstep doesn't sound very appealing anyways.

Buschmaki posted:

It sure as hell beats tying cool item specific abilities to durability.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

I kind of want magic done like The Witcher 3 does it: spells you can easily weave between melee attacks or work into another playstyle, with a fast-recharging magic meter that's more like a shared magic cooldown than an MP meter. Hybrid builds that aren't dedicated to constant casting wouldn't be able to spam spells because they'd have to wait for their focus to recharge between spells, but dedicated mages could have a faster focus recharge so they can use spells as their main damage source.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cyberventurer posted:

I think they're joined to the host with a password, which is supposed to scale down their damage. Unfortunately I don't think it scales down their stamina, so occasionally you get the guy running around with the dragonslayer swordspear who pokes at you 6 times in a row and then starts trying to spam that lightning bolt as soon as you run off to use an estus.

It wasn't too common, but it still happened several times while I was finishing collecting pale tongues and vertebra shackles. They almost always come in groups of 3.

Oh no I didn't think the hosts with the phantoms were cheating, just that it was super obnoxious to run into that many times in a row.

At least the last one was cool. A guy just ran around summoning every mad phantom he could. Sadly, one was invincible.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Section Z posted:

For further stupid questions, is it possible to get battle axe without a Warrior start outside of the defaulting to Deep one in High wall? Why are most normal axes such special snowflakes, on that note? It seems everything that isn't one of a kind is in the later half of the game.

Nah, those are the only two I think. You can put a different infusion on the deep one, though.

Thrall axe owns a decent amount.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh no I didn't think the hosts with the phantoms were cheating, just that it was super obnoxious to run into that many times in a row.

At least the last one was cool. A guy just ran around summoning every mad phantom he could. Sadly, one was invincible.

I heard PC is just a disaster of cheating and BS right now

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the real reason people don't like a drink in PVP is because it sounds like the blood vials from Bloodborne and not the fizz of honestly refreshing estus

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I've only ever run into one cheater that I know of, I think there may have been more, but I feel like its going to get a whole lot worse ever since that one dude posted a tutorial on how to hex edit the game or whatever to allow people to gently caress with other people's game

the ban wave is going to be brutal

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So about the lore and Aldrich, heavy spoilers obviously: So Aldrich and Smough are one in the same, is that right? It cant all be coincidence can it? What I remember about Smough is that he was rejected from becoming a knight because he ate people. Aldrich also eats people. When you go looking for Aldrich you learn he went back to his true home, and that ends up being Anor Londo. Not just Anor Londo, the same room as the Ornstein and Smough fight. Also you meet Ornstein again in Dark Souls 2, suggesting he and Smough, much like the sun and Gwynevere, were just illusions of a past greatness kept up by Gwyndolin. Also, when you beat Aldrich, like most the bosses, his armor shows up at the merchant, and it's Smough's armor. OK, so let me see if I got it all straight. Smough and Ornstein leave Anor Londo and go their separate ways. Ornstein heads to his home country, and Smough moves on down to Illythil and became a saint. Also he kept eating people and gods until he became a blob? And that includes Gwyndolin? Does that sound right or is Aldrich someone completely different?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I've only ever run into one cheater that I know of, I think there may have been more, but I feel like its going to get a whole lot worse ever since that one dude posted a tutorial on how to hex edit the game or whatever to allow people to gently caress with other people's game

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

Do you really need 60 FPS that bad

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Babe Magnet posted:

Those kinds of edits may not be able to be detected by From. I know a guy who's been doing it for awhile, and only that, and he has not been touched so far.

So you may be making a mistake if you think From is going to ban the people doing that sort of hacking, and only that sort.

Pity it just so happens to be the worst kind by far right now (and probably will remain so).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the degrade glitch in DS2 is the funniest example of how little of a poo poo From gives about PC

That poo poo went unfixed on PC for an entire year and the second it appeared on the console version they immediately worked on a fix

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the degrade glitch in DS2 is the funniest example of how little of a poo poo From gives about PC

That poo poo went unfixed on PC for an entire year and the second it appeared on the console version they immediately worked on a fix

Reminder that statdrain went unfixed until a Japanese PS3 player posted a video about it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I probably should've known better than to buy a Souls game on PC but apparently I don't learn :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

we're very stupid

Tallgeese posted:

Those kinds of edits may not be able to be detected by From. I know a guy who's been doing it for awhile, and only that, and he has not been touched so far.

So you may be making a mistake if you think From is going to ban the people doing that sort of hacking, and only that sort.

Pity it just so happens to be the worst kind by far right now (and probably will remain so).

Yeah thinking From gives any sort of poo poo at all is wishful thinking at this point. A boy can dream