Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Nevvy Z posted:

Do you get soemthing out of it? I'm confused. It seems like you'd be exactly where you were before the suicide.

I'm just saying assume you start the forge/bullet hell with 7 heart containers and only 1-2 hearts. You could expect to get through a few rooms with your gear and guns and whatever but then you gently caress up somewhere and die. You're not going to get there again on one heart and a starter pistol. I'd rather treat it like a health reset than an unlikely second chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Imo, it should respawn all enemies, but not lock the doors. Might make it a tad too powerful though, but it's not like there's no other items that completely breaks the game *cough* Super Hot Watch *cough*.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm just saying assume you start the forge/bullet hell with 7 heart containers and only 1-2 hearts. You could expect to get through a few rooms with your gear and guns and whatever but then you gently caress up somewhere and die. You're not going to get there again on one heart and a starter pistol. I'd rather treat it like a health reset than an unlikely second chance.

Oh got it, returns you to full HP. So if you are at 1/7 youll go to 1/1 then 7/7. Thanks

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Actually I can't for sure say you get full health because the only time I got Gun Soul I wasn't able to get back to my body because it was about 6 chambers deep into bullet hell.

I also can't find anything that says you're restored to full health so maybe I'm full of poo poo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

where is the loving boss door, gently caress

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Hoooly poo poo.

RC Rockets + Angry Bullets.

loving incredible. The Cannonbalrog died in under 15 seconds. (when used with double vision)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The Makeshift cannon is just silly.
Got it together with Omega Bullets and knocked the Dragun into phase 2 in one shot. Also one-shot the second phase of Lich, because gently caress that phase.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Imagine duct taping that to something with ammo

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Imagine duct taping that to something with ammo

That's pretty much the duct tape dream.

Revolvers (decent max ammo, usually very fast reload) paired with something like rpg, rc rocket or makeshift cannon.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Alien engine is 100% the Most Fun Gun, and I love it so much.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Cicadas! posted:

All I use it for is a 'gotta go fast' booster through corridors when I'm backtracking for stuff.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Cicadas! posted:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

All I use it for is a 'gotta go fast' booster through corridors when I'm backtracking for stuff.

Some form of invincibility or Aged Bell + Heavy Boots (whatever they are called) + Alien Engine = melted bosses

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
heavy boots are a massive nerf to alien engine because you can't zoom through corridors faster than the camera can keep up anymore

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Finally beat the Lich, thanks to finding both the Bandana and the Engine (plus ghost bullets before Bullet Hell), which meant I could use the Engine almost all the time and pretty much always get an ammo drop before it ran out.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I duct taped an alien engine to my RC rocket and it basically didn't do anything. If I had done it the other way around, would it have made an alien engine that fired an RC rocket every shot?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
gently caress you good players, just got my first win:

I probably would have had it much, much earlier but I kept on having trips and stuff that kept me from playing consistently so I had to re-learn all the time. For not ever playing Issac or Nuclear Throne, I think I did alright. Turtle dude is baller, that NPC can carry until the fifth level and even there he shortens rooms by a ton.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

For anyone who plays the mac version, has the most recent patch hosed up firing? I thought my mouse was broken, but I tested it out with some other stuff and it worked perfectly otherwise.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Digirat posted:

I duct taped an alien engine to my RC rocket and it basically didn't do anything. If I had done it the other way around, would it have made an alien engine that fired an RC rocket every shot?

It would make it so that every time you got out the engine you could have fired one rocket. You generally want to avoid guns with one big magazine as your base gun because the other guns keep track of the "magazine" and will only fire so many shots until you reload again (which you don't do with Alien Engine).

Duct Tape can give some really good combos but it's really finicky on making combos that actually work.

E: I guess that would be four rockets each time you took out the engine, I was thinking it only held one. Probably not a terrible deal but you'd need to put it in your backpack every now and then to keep firing.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 30, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ok so if you are using a gun with 1 magazine like a rocket launcher as your second gun, you want to tie it to something that also has 1 magazine because only the first shot will fire a rocket.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Digirat posted:

Ok so if you are using a gun with 1 magazine like a rocket launcher as your second gun, you want to tie it to something that also has 1 magazine because only the first shot will fire a rocket.

Yeah, that's why you strap it to something with fast reload+high max ammo.

I wonder how hip holster interacts with duct taped weapons. Rc rocket/makeshift cannon+that pistol that reloads almost instantly with hip holster sounds hilarious.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 30, 2016

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've endured through most of NorthernLion's gameplays, but god drat he is one dense mother fucker. I couldn't even finish the episode where he drops the aged bell into a pit to pick up the meat bun. Same episode where he skips a free blue chest because he thought it was locked.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure whether it's a universal mechanic or not, but I've found you can "reload" single magazine guns (an instant, invisible reload) to make them work better with duct tape. A bait gun taped to a demon head would shoot a steak every time the beam fired as long as I pressed the reload button between shots.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Some of the "single magazine" guns have just have a really large magazine size that reloads almost instantly, while others just flat out have one magazine, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. Beehive is another one I've noticed it on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've got the microtransaction gun, railgun and broccoli left to buy. I assume these are the last items available since three tables are empty. Should I start with the railgun?

Pigbuster posted:

I'm not sure whether it's a universal mechanic or not, but I've found you can "reload" single magazine guns (an instant, invisible reload) to make them work better with duct tape. A bait gun taped to a demon head would shoot a steak every time the beam fired as long as I pressed the reload button between shots.

:aaa: I need to get this to work with a rocket launcher and just mash R and left clicks

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Does anyone think using the D20 shrine is a good idea? The negative effects usually seem stronger than the positive ones.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zorodius posted:

Does anyone think using the D20 shrine is a good idea? The negative effects usually seem stronger than the positive ones.

I always use it, but try to spend your cash first, as losing 200+ casings due to the "robbed" effect can suck.
In my experience the good effect usually outweighs the bad one, but YMMV.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Waffle! posted:

I've endured through most of NorthernLion's gameplays, but god drat he is one dense mother fucker. I couldn't even finish the episode where he drops the aged bell into a pit to pick up the meat bun. Same episode where he skips a free blue chest because he thought it was locked.

Have you watched his Isaac series? You watch his stuff for the commentary, not the gameplay. Eventually he'll catch up to the skill level of people like Last Grey Wolf or CobaltStreak, but he'll still make stupid plays like forgetting to pick up the health up from the boss (really happened) or throwing items into pits.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I still do not understand how duct tape works. Please provide a step by step instruction, the last time I used it nothing happened at all.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zorodius posted:

I use the D20 shrine as a hail mary on runs that aren't going well but pass it up if I think I've got a legit shot to win.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I use it on principle if it shows up, but I don't like the thing much. The best reward you can get is an all around speed up which is really good, while on the other hand you can, lose max hp, lose a lot of your current hp, lose accuracy, lose most of your ammo capacity or just flat out have a gun arbitrarily removed from your inventory which are all pretty awful.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Fun fact, falling in a pit still kills you while using the invincibility star

this fact was less fun than advertised

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
On the other hand you can also gain max hp, heal to full, gain accuracy, or double your ammo capacity.
The gun removal also always takes your active gun, so just use the shrine with a lovely gun out.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

On the other hand you can also gain max hp, heal to full, gain accuracy, or double your ammo capacity.
The gun removal also always takes your active gun, so just use the shrine with a lovely gun out.

Even your starter?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I want an infinite Duct Tape mod so I can keep putting guns together.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
3 runs in a row where I had 4/5 Masteries. :( I havent found the Clone or Gun Soul a single time.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
After a few unsuccessful runs after killing the past for the first time with the Marine, I was able to knock out the other 3 pasts throughout the day yesterday. Winning in this game is so satisfying.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

I still do not understand how duct tape works. Please provide a step by step instruction, the last time I used it nothing happened at all.

Using duct tape will make your active gun shoot projectiles from the next gun in the inventory order, and will remove that second gun. You can drop guns to get the exact combo you want. The ammo count/clip size of the first gun won't change, though the second gun's shots do use ammo. If the second gun has a non-standard way of firing things can get weirder. For instance, if the second gun was a bow you'll need to charge the shot by holding down fire, it won't just fire as fast as you tap.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 30, 2016

Cerebro
May 1, 2009

This game is awesome (playing it on ps4) I could be having the best run with really great guns + passives and yet few mistakes on some rooms or a boss and the runs over. I like how the char select music in the breach adds another layer of the song when you successfully kill a chars past.

I unlocked the direct elevator route to The Forge last night and the Rat gives me the same three guns every time. Am I stuck these until I kill the Dragun with them on a run, or is there another way for that Rat to swap a new roster of guns?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cerebro posted:

This game is awesome (playing it on ps4) I could be having the best run with really great guns + passives and yet few mistakes on some rooms or a boss and the runs over. I like how the char select music in the breach adds another layer of the song when you successfully kill a chars past.

I unlocked the direct elevator route to The Forge last night and the Rat gives me the same three guns every time. Am I stuck these until I kill the Dragun with them on a run, or is there another way for that Rat to swap a new roster of guns?

I heard somewhere that he only rerolls the selection when you succesfully clear a floor. Not necessarily the floor with the shortcut, but any floor at all. So you can't just restart until you get a megahand or something but if the options are really bad just do a regular run and clear out Chamber 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just wanted to point out that instead of flashing 'Reload' when you use up a magazine of Eye of the Beholster it says 'Behold'. Wonder if it does that for other guns...