Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Curvature of Earth posted:

Every time I see the phrase "virtue signaling" it makes me wish there was a real, lengthy essay titled "Is Morality Performative?" or something, because that might actually be interesting. As it stands, every mention of virtue signaling I see is invariably shallow, dismissive, and not particularly useful for understanding someone's politics or society.

I find it useful to understanding the politics of the person saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

divabot posted:

Nobody should read Houellebecq. I admit I was technically unfair to him in this post, but ehh gently caress him.

I really liked The Elementary Particles, but yeah he is definitely an insane dude whose personal philosophy fits right in with Dark Enlightment crazies

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAO9YrAXrJs

Only tangentially related but gently caress it, Zoltan Istvan will never not be funny to me

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY SHITHEADS HAS FORMED AND THEY HAVE A MOVIE COMING OUT

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Holy hell Scott Adams has officially aligned himself with the rear end in a top hat Enlightenment.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

I think we might need to burn down this internet and build a new one.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MC Nietzche posted:

I think we might need to burn down this internet and build a new one.

Nah. Their main complaint is that we're winning, so carry on, comrades.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Holy hell Scott Adams has officially aligned himself with the rear end in a top hat Enlightenment.

oh loving hell I didn't even get that far. Just Cernovich and Weev on the top line. AND VOX loving DAY! AND MILO! AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY CRAP

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure Professor Jeff Jarvis just joined to slander the real Jeff Jarvis' good name, so good for that dude because the actual Jeff Jarvis is insufferable.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Pax Dickinson seems to think Jokeocracy was a bigger deal than it was.

Like he revealed he was Batman instead of revealing he ran a Twitter account that some people outside of the NRx/manosphere/post-rationalist were maybe peripherally aware of.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jesus, it's like a casting call for Unnamed Serial Killer.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
How is Chuck C Johnson on there? I thought even those idiots had the good sense to disown him after one too many embarrassments

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Status451Blog/status/726155900365447168

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Every time I see the phrase "virtue signaling" it makes me wish there was a real, lengthy essay titled "Is Morality Performative?" or something, because that might actually be interesting. As it stands, every mention of virtue signaling I see is invariably shallow, dismissive, and not particularly useful for understanding someone's politics or society.

https://twitter.com/pmarca/status/725526317123268609

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

that's a very generous nazi

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Small Frozen Thing posted:

that's a very generous nazi

Hitler's lost gold

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Apparently Vox Day and co. rigged the Hugo award slate this year, including such seminal works as Something With Both SJWs and Rape in the Title by Vox Day and Space Raptor Butt Invasion by Chuck Tingle.

While I appreciate his support for national literary treasure Chuck Tingle, this is mildly interesting because examining his slate selection seems to suggest he's structuring it to have an obvious :smugdog: line no matter what happens. This is, I am sure, completely different from virtue signalling or whatever the gently caress for the following reasons:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hahaha, Roosh didn't make the cut.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The HBomb Youtube Censorship Addon by Hbomberguy https://youtu.be/jN0REjUCGlE Includes a nice song

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFNmZugHn9o

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ah, Allum Bokhari. A lot of people don't notice him because he works under Milo, but he's a nasty little poo poo.

He claims to be a liberal – and has Lib Dem membership – but literally all of his Breitbart articles are either attacking Ess Jay Double-Ewes or supporting conservatives and fascists.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Minor league edgeblogger Mister Mean-Spirited makes some well-thought out and rigorously justified arguments about the nature of human value.

Or maybe he just makes a load of empty assertions, questionable statements, and personal feelings and then hopes that he'll be able to short circuit the brains of miserable people enough for someone, somewhere, to hallucinate that he makes a good point.

Either/or really

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Minor league edgeblogger Mister Mean-Spirited makes some well-thought out and rigorously justified arguments about the nature of human value.

Or maybe he just makes a load of empty assertions, questionable statements, and personal feelings and then hopes that he'll be able to short circuit the brains of miserable people enough for someone, somewhere, to hallucinate that he makes a good point.

Either/or really

projection.txt

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Someone is really have a hard time with the existential phase of his life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Being 15 is hard when you're a husky white boy in the suburbs. Mom won't get you that video game and your english teacher hates you because you're smarter than her and she can't take the truth bombs you drop.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wait judging by the name and tagline is this going to be about how everyone's ~oppressing their free speech rights~ and us white male conservatives are the real victims here?

This is going to be the greatest worst movie ever :allears:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Either/or really

This is where Sandifer notes that Ligotti does this so much better without being a reactionary shithead.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

lol at the guy who makes sure he's always photographed in front of or working on a red mustang

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
They could save so much money on this movie by cutting together all of the parts of Hbomberguy's videos where he states their viewpoints as high comedy, but put a crawl across the bottom that says "Except 100% serious!"

It would be the same thing, and about equally as convincing to anyone who hasn't chugged the kool-aid like it was cancer vaccine.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do these people cling to the word "c'uck" simply because it sounds like both "oval office" and "gently caress" because none of them ever use it in a context that makes even a little bit of sense.

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

Heath posted:

Do these people cling to the word "c'uck" simply because it sounds like both "oval office" and "gently caress" because none of them ever use it in a context that makes even a little bit of sense.

It's because they're morbidly obsessed with race-mixing. They view their "enemies" as, essentially, delivering "our" women over to "them".

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It's basically code word for race traitor and n***** lover.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope they have a succession of fallings out and we end up with 15 different versions of the movie.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

DarklyDreaming posted:

How is Chuck C Johnson on there? I thought even those idiots had the good sense to disown him after one too many embarrassments
Chuckles may be a repugnant turd golem, but he's not the dumbest choice those idiots made:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

This is where Sandifer notes that Ligotti does this so much better without being a reactionary shithead.

I mean, anyone familiar with the concept of reinforcing assertions or providing reasons could do this better, reactionary shithead or no.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

some loving LIAR posted:

It's because they're morbidly obsessed with race-mixing. They view their "enemies" as, essentially, delivering "our" women over to "them".

I have never understood this weird marriage of eugenics and miscegenation being a bad thing. It seems like in order to make a stronger race you would want to crossbreed diverse populations as much as possible.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Heath posted:

I have never understood this weird marriage of eugenics and miscegenation being a bad thing. It seems like in order to make a stronger race you would want to crossbreed diverse populations as much as possible.

A biologist I know once put it succinctly: The people who first suggested eugenics in theory wanted to create a better humanity, while the people who applied eugenics in practice believed they already were the better humans.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsrmqpqe3i8

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Wait judging by the name and tagline is this going to be about how everyone's ~oppressing their free speech rights~ and us white male conservatives are the real victims here?

This is going to be the greatest worst movie ever :allears:
They're not conservative and don't call themselves as such, but yeah you get actual doctrinaire white male conservatives making the same complaint, so you could be forgiven for conflating the two for a second.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Heath posted:

Your definition of 'stronger' is a little off from theirs. Eugenicists are traditionally all about treating humans like pedigree dogs, locating traits they deem beneficial and then trying to emphasise those as hard as they can by breeding in a really narrow gene-pool, with zero regard for any hideous genetic disorders that might show up along the way because they now have a strain with jaw-muscles strong enough to cleanly bite off someone's face and that, in their opinion, is rad.

Basically, it's best to hope a hardcore eugenicist doesn't have siblings. Or worse, children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsrmqpqe3i8

They're not conservative and don't call themselves as such, but yeah you get actual doctrinaire white male conservatives making the same complaint, so you could be forgiven for conflating the two for a second.

Sorry I sometimes forget "conservative" isn't completely 1-to-1 interchangeable with "right-wing" (or in this case alt-right) :shobon: