Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Awesome, thanks. I was using akimbos until this change but pistols seem to have been hit hard, I'll have to play around with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Awesome, thanks. I was using akimbos until this change but pistols seem to have been hit hard, I'll have to play around with it.

Consider giving up on akimbo pistols, and try akimbo SMGs. You could run up the right-most Technician tree and get, at the very least, the reload speed thing for auto weapons. ~50% reload speed buff on SMGs is brilliant, and if you can swing Body Expertise, you can just spray into enemies. Get the stagger skill, too, and lol your way over knocked-down Dozers, Cloakers, and other cops.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Can someone who knows modding get just the Payday 1 assault indicator out of this? The full mod makes my game unstable.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Played with some goons that didn't know the horrors of Jallas and Jiro Wick

I swear that stiff as a board doesn't cause this

And a list of all my mods, because frankly I forgot what all they are

April Fools gun mod
Persona 4 Teddie bulldozer (makes it hard to tell blacks and greens apart though)
Microtransaction drills as the normal drills (I use the CoP one cause I actually have it :smuggo:)
Hotline Miami 2 Corey's outfit on Clover
Sped up Dogsong replacing Hard Time
High Quality version of Donacdum
A better suit for Hoxton
Jotaro "YES YES YES! YES!" side job sound
Jared Leto as "The Joker" for Bodhi
Krieger's "Exit Van Left" escape vehicle skin
Manny Pardo's suit on Dragan
Wotors of Mogolovonio
MSPaint Gage packages
:ducksiren: MSPaint Hud :ducksiren:
MSPaint Jacket (this actually might be causing Jallas, now that I remembered that I installed this poo poo)
ONE
Pepsiman theme over Hur Jag Trivs (pretty loud)
Psy - Daddy (replaces Ho Ho Ho)
Stiff as a Board (T-pose mod)
Hotline Miami 2 The Son as John Wick
LODES EMONE
HERE COMES THE MONEY

put me out of my misery

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 15, 2016

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Consider giving up on akimbo pistols, and try akimbo SMGs. You could run up the right-most Technician tree and get, at the very least, the reload speed thing for auto weapons. ~50% reload speed buff on SMGs is brilliant, and if you can swing Body Expertise, you can just spray into enemies. Get the stagger skill, too, and lol your way over knocked-down Dozers, Cloakers, and other cops.

Hmmm....this is what I guess I'll start out with, using the Heathers and Ex Presidents, Swedish K as a secondary.

Probably some tweaking to be done, but screw it, let's give it a try. Might swap out the subgun skills for the hostage taker stuff, not sure.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Tonight I learned that playing with Goons is a lot better than playing with people who refuse to play because MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!! :argh:
Also that the Mosconi and every drat LMG is some real good poo poo.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
If you haven't tried the +50% reload speed after a melee kill skill, you are missing out. Do I want to reload my LMG in a flash? Why yes, yes I do.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If you haven't tried the +50% reload speed after a melee kill skill, you are missing out. Do I want to reload my LMG in a flash? Why yes, yes I do.

Did not notice that. Does it stack with the other LMG reload skill?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Plan Z posted:

I think it does. I tried with and without, and it felt slightly slower without. I feel like it's a better choice than "shoot through tan armor," since that's not a whole lot for six points.

It also seems like a good skill if you're rolling an SMG secondary (and you are, because you don't need HE and can just stagger everything for now), since you sometimes want to reload your SMG before you get a chance to melee a man.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

This with multiple DW dozers made me feel like it was a Benny Hill skit. That was incredible.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Plan Z posted:

It definitely stacks with Aggressive Reload, as there was a Krinkov reload I had that I would've missed if I had blinked. So yeah, pretty sure all the reload bonuses stack, although that pretty much just means the melee reload + [weapon skill] reload, unless you want to grab both single-fire and auto weapon skills.

I really hope Overkill changes the ammo pickup nerf because it is hell to wade through a pile of ammo pickups and get like, 4 or 5 shells back total when you're running two shotguns. It's really, really disgusting.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Shotguns are less good, no doubt, though knocking down multiple cops with a loose-spread shotty feels pretty good with the right skills.

Overall I like a lot of the new builds. Minion build works really well right now, knockdown synergises with everything. Almost every tree represents a unique gimmick you can build around now, and most of them are really good in principle. Of course almost all of them are too good right now and a smart build will trivialize OVK more than it was already.

I unno update good.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I think it does. I tried with and without, and it felt slightly slower without. I feel like it's a better choice than "shoot through tan armor," since that's not a whole lot for six points.

It also seems like a good skill if you're rolling an SMG secondary (and you are, because you don't need HE and can just stagger everything for now), since you sometimes want to reload your SMG before you get a chance to melee a man.

Just tried it. They definitely do stack, which is pretty funny for some of the slower-looking reloads.

The shoot through tan armor is interesting. It's pretty bleh by its own, but if you pair it with Body Expertise and shield stunning, you can make up for LMG aiming problems by just making this bullet cone that

a) Stumbles shields and does headshot damage all over their body to get those quick shots in when they're stumbled

b) Don't give a gently caress bout tans, tazers, or cloakers

c) Mitigates aiming with LMGs by a lot

I think it's really the combo that made bipods come into their own as a feature.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

If you haven't tried the +50% reload speed after a melee kill skill, you are missing out.

Does it synergies well with the Piglet? If so, :getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kumaton posted:

Does it synergies well with the Piglet? If so, :getin:

It's one of the only reload speed bonuses that applies to all weapons. The other one is inspire.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
PSA: Sharpshooter basic's +8 weapon stability apparently only applies to Sharpshooter weapons, even though it implies it's global. RIP plans for a 92 stability Brenner

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
how high can you make it go with all the suppressor poo poo? I assume "really high"

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Coolguye posted:

PSA: Sharpshooter basic's +8 weapon stability apparently only applies to Sharpshooter weapons, even though it implies it's global. RIP plans for a 92 stability Brenner

I'm happy enough with my 84 stability KSP that knocks around shields and dozers, can be fired while sprinting, and reloads 60% faster.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Did they get rid of the reload while sprinting skill altogether? I can't find it anywhere and that poo poo was my jam.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

They removed the aced kilmer effect from the game. :cry:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Looks like Sociopath's regen works with Berserker. I like that, assuming it's a feature and not a bug.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Looks like Sociopath's regen works with Berserker. I like that, assuming it's a feature and not a bug.

Well that sucks!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Drewjitsu posted:

0/10

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Drewjitsu posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

It's a beta, maybe it will come back. :ohdear:

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
IT'S COMING BACK!

I hope. :ohdear:

EDIT: Actually it was originally a tier 1 aced skill under the mastermind trees, but they changed it and didn't move it elsewhere - apparently it's now migrating to a second tier ghost skill.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Hot take: the M1014 is now an excellent shotgun for low-conceal builds

I don't know where these extra points of concealment came from but I am happy to rock a 1014 and a Loco and make the most of the now 30-second Overkill skill, despite however long it claims to be

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Pretty sure my Saiga has 350% increased fire rate.
e: it's just the sound overlapping making it seem like it's a lot faster than it is.

watho fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 1, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Drewjitsu posted:

Never liked the skill anyways. :colbert:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Are cheevos broken/disabled for the beta? I'm trying to work on Fool Me Once... (the shield/Swedish K one), killed at least a dozen across a couple heists, and Steam hasn't picked anything up from it.

Edit: Just tested it with a bit of help from buckshot, would seem that some achievements are bugged - kills aren't being counted for me on either the one above or Pump-Action (pumpking mask/shotgun), but I was able to get bunnyhopping just now. Not sure if it has to do with masks or just any accumulative ones, but something to be aware of if you're trying to get cheevos right now.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 1, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I managed to snag the one for beating Undercover without anyone getting downed (on Deathwish without trying :smug:) so they still work for me.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

watho posted:

I managed to snag the one for beating Undercover without anyone getting downed (on Deathwish without trying :smug:) so they still work for me.

That's not an accumulative one though. Bunnyhopping worked for me. The current guess is that any achievement that has to record multiple instances of an event (like counting kills) isn't connecting to Steam, or isn't properly tracking them. Anything that has a simple pass/fail binary outcome will.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Wilko, I know it's in something to do with the beta, so it's probably not worth looking into, BUT, it looks like Goonmod is:

1) Crashing the game when I click on the perk deck box to change change perks
2) Somehow not letting me change the fire mode on the sentry guns. I press F on the sentry guns and nothing happens.

FYI, I believe I have isolated this and that it is Goonmod causing both of these to happen.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

how high can you make it go with all the suppressor poo poo? I assume "really high"

you lose out on the mighty +12 stability from the competitor's compensator so the answer is actually "not as high as you might think"

(84, it's actually not worth it at all)

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Wilko, I know it's in something to do with the beta, so it's probably not worth looking into, BUT, it looks like Goonmod is:

2) Somehow not letting me change the fire mode on the sentry guns. I press F on the sentry guns and nothing happens.

FYI, I believe I have isolated this and that it is Goonmod causing both of these to happen.

I have goonmod & have yet to crash in the perk deck screen so I dunno.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

The perk deck crashing is related to the infamy outliner. Turn it off.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Ah, good to know.

So after I read that, I did some more digging. Sentry guns work fine and you can change the fire mode once you turn off "ENABLE PUSH TO INTERACT".

Still, bugs. But atleast I can use Goonmod again. :getin:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Ah, good to know.

So after I read that, I did some more digging. Sentry guns work fine and you can change the fire mode once you turn off "ENABLE PUSH TO INTERACT".

Still, bugs. But atleast I can use Goonmod again. :getin:

I remember it working with that on, complete with new gun noise. Still, they should give an indicator that AP sentries are on. Or just enable AP noiseless Sentries by default if you have the skill.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

IndianaZoidberg posted:

I've put both of these in my todo list to sort out (thanks to the above stuff) once the update goes live. I'm not going to fix beta bugs since keeping up with the code changes is a pain, but once it drops I'll get them fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Payday 2: The Day the Clown Crimed