Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've been farming the materials to make the shadow tempers for the dark elf armor. Who can do the brewing for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Inimicul posted:

I've been farming the materials to make the shadow tempers for the dark elf armor. Who can do the brewing for me?

Welt, but Thelema should have it soon.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ramulack posted:

If you are an :Enchanter, Bard or Necro you're in luck. The quest only requires a Jade which can be vendor bought cheaply. Simply charm the quest giver and hand it in to him (charm raises faction to the appropriate level)

If you are anything else: Find someone selling 'charges' of Cazic Thule puppet strings. This item has a right-click charm effect for all classes to use. I think the average cost for a charge is like 2k or so.

Should be 50+ for all charm techniques

Otherwise you can always faction grind (its terrible)

Puppet strings have been dropping as 1 charge since the zone revamp. Dunno if there's stockpiles on blue, but good luck finding a puppet stings at any price on red. Got mines but I have a few friends that have been offering 20k for a charge for half a year and haven't gotten any bites.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Puppet strings have been dropping as 1 charge since the zone revamp. Dunno if there's stockpiles on blue, but good luck finding a puppet stings at any price on red. Got mines but I have a few friends that have been offering 20k for a charge for half a year and haven't gotten any bites.

Blue is pretty stocked. I didnt know about the nerf though, that hurts. If you play blue probably best to get this done before people stop playing and puppet strings are lost through attrition of players.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
currently 1 charge dropping string owners can petition to get 10 charges, but nobody bothers and it takes forever. it took gongshow weeks to get his strings fixed and he's rl friends with sirken.

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
I have a sad brain so I made a semi-automated script to run zone textures through one of the newer up-scaling algos twice (waifu2x). It actually looks pretty good, although I picked two of the shittiest zones (mistmoore and uguk) to try it on first.

http://imgur.com/a/E13C4

Gonna try and get a couple more of the most popular zones and then I'll have to find a place to host them. I'd like to work a cartoony filter in there also to go with the vectorized player model textures.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I would be very interested in using your textures. Some of the uguk walls are animated slime though. Think you can make that work?

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
I'll have to verify that the animations still work, most of my time in uguk is spent playing Dota and hasting every 5 minutes.

Do you recall any areas where the slime animates?

Troll fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 28, 2016

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
p99 warrior best of the best winner Eabon doing an open raid this saturday

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235525

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Troll posted:

I'll have to verify that the animations still work, most of my time in uguk is spent playing Dota and hasting every 5 minutes.

Do you recall any areas where the slime animates?

Bedroom in Lower Guk are one place I can confirm. There's a lot on the way to dead side in uguk but I can't name one off the top of my head.

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Edit* I really like the way this game looks with an overly cartoony style. I ran the filter at a higher denoise level on WFP.

http://imgur.com/a/C11Ny

Troll fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 30, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Troll posted:

I have a sad brain so I made a semi-automated script to run zone textures through one of the newer up-scaling algos twice (waifu2x). It actually looks pretty good, although I picked two of the shittiest zones (mistmoore and uguk) to try it on first.

http://imgur.com/a/E13C4

Gonna try and get a couple more of the most popular zones and then I'll have to find a place to host them. I'd like to work a cartoony filter in there also to go with the vectorized player model textures.

Texture upscaling can look really awful depending upon the game resolution and the texture resolution and stuff, but that looks pretty good actually, keep it up.

I wouldn't mind trying those out at all.

Troll posted:

Confirmed, looks like at least old texture animations are created simply by applying a series of textures in order, so they get up-scaled with the rest.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47HzRkWMhNCRm1GZm1wcS1ERVE/view?usp=sharing

Above link is for guktop if you'd like to try it. I'd probably have to use torrent or something to share a large number of zones, they hit 50-100mb each once you scale them

Sweet

If you need a place to host it, dropbox gives you 4GB by default and you can 'earn' several more GB pretty easy.

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Turned off advanced lighting, everything looks better. It seriously looks like it just applies a super intense light to arbitrary pieces of geometry.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Troll posted:

Turned off advanced lighting, everything looks better. It seriously looks like it just applies a super intense light to arbitrary pieces of geometry.

Advanced lighting doesn't play well with character models either in my experience, they're too low poly. The flat lit classic everquest is how it was meant to be!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Looks weird as poo poo to my eyes but not bad by any means.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
so Anonymous got statue and avatar of war yesterday for the first time (AoW done with Awakened)

FTE video shows how neckbeard you gotta be to get one of these engages:

http://sendvid.com/bhq3z7wd

that's like 8 hours into the window of dude sitting there at his computer staring at a spawnpoint. pixels: serious business

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Nerds gonna nerd. I'm glad I got my chance to poop in a sock with friends for nostalgia's sake on P99, but while I do miss hanging out with pals, I don't miss that side of it at all.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
That other guy was a good distance ahead of him, wonder why the person filming got FTE.

I'm surprised the rules don't say that to be FTE you actually need a raid force there with you. Unless they're all running in behind guy filming.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

hayden. posted:

That other guy was a good distance ahead of him, wonder why the person filming got FTE.

I'm surprised the rules don't say that to be FTE you actually need a raid force there with you. Unless they're all running in behind guy filming.

My guess is bow shot?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

barrett you a goon? think we got popped for sex jokes in the GOT thread of all places

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

hayden. posted:

I could be wrong, but I think current rules are a straight up foot race (from ZL I'd guess). Whoever gets FTE scores an hour of uninterrupted time for their guild or whatever. After that hour, I think it's FFA.

Again, I may be understanding wrong. I haven't played in years, just still keep up with some drama.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

hayden. posted:

so guy had bind sight on something near statue spawnpoint obviously. note slot 3, the ensnaring roots spider web clicky. he got statue on target before he started running, and kept target, thus FTE despite not actually hitting the statue with his weapon. midnight mallet would've been just as good, and i think the same range.

the FTE rules just changed in Kael, forcing everyone to foot race from near the zone line for either Tormax or Statue whenever they pop. same thing happened for north temple of veeshan (that's a lot more chaos than this might have seemed).

there's a massive amount of lawyerquest behind this, and GMs have tried to evolve the rules to make things a little more fair for the little guys, or up and coming guilds like Anon. or at least give us a chance. before this Aftermath had people camped at the spawnpoints for both tormax and statue, guaranteeing them FTE if they just had someone looking.

edit: and yeah the current rules say after FTE (if you get it) you have an hour of uninterrupted chance to that target.

of course, even this has been abused, and aftermath has already secured FTE on - i believe - tormax? and then went on to do another target elsewhere before returning and casually killing their secured target.

it's more nerdiness than you probably imagine.

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 30, 2016

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
looking at it a second time yeah he shot arrow on sight, but i think maybe secured aggro with the web. not sure if FTE message only happens when the npc actually hits you?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

pepito sanchez posted:

not sure if FTE message only happens when the npc actually hits you?
Nah, FTE messages are on aggro, they wouldn't be worth much for resolving who pulled first vs. who pulled with higher aggro otherwise.

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
Was there some mass exodus I missed? I haven't seen a soul in guild chat for several days.

I need friends. Send help.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I went back to BDA but I think I still have a druid with the UG tag. I'm not an officer though so I can't add more goons if that ever pops up.

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
I'm trying to move my SHM into Europa to get my epic.

Is BDA active in UK time? Do you have to send your poop-stained socks to be admitted or are casuals welcome too?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
BDA is casual friendly. They're capable but not overly competitive.

Also, I'm really digging these redone textures. Got any more?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

Was there some mass exodus I missed? I haven't seen a soul in guild chat for several days.

Sorry I've been really busy. Feel free to blame me. :wave:

Troll
Jan 15, 2012

Inimicul posted:

BDA is casual friendly. They're capable but not overly competitive.

Also, I'm really digging these redone textures. Got any more?

Edit: I removed the files, turns out you can direct load PNGs as long as they use the same name as the original. I'll have way smaller ones in the future.

Troll fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 30, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I traded one terrible game for another. I'm trying out Eve again.

Just taking a short break from EQ.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

SoUr posted:

I haven't played in the last few months, but maybe we can duo or something if we have characters in the same ranges and similar availability. I have a 41 rogue and shaman, a 14 druid, and a naked 34 cleric and 19 enchanter (I don't like the enchanter). I'm available after 12am PST, usually, but some days I'm totally available. I'd be playing, but I really dislike soloing and finding groups can be a drag, so the most I do is check this thread and read the p99 forums. EQ is a lot of effort.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Inimicul posted:

I went back to BDA but I think I still have a druid with the UG tag. I'm not an officer though so I can't add more goons if that ever pops up.

Who are you fellow BDA goon?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

khysanth posted:

Who are you fellow BDA goon?

Denanz(?)n. The ? could be any vowel. I have a ton of alts and they all pretty much follow that pattern. Maybe with extra n's at the end

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
I got my 43.8 shaman doing specters in Feerrott; I'll keep camping these to 46 at least, maybe more if the xp is still good after that. I really want to try to tag along a PoF raid to get my child's tear.

My 27 SHD is currently camped with full SHM buffs at the sister's island in OOT, I want to see if it's possible for a melee class to take the sisters hut for cash/xp at that level. Might end up going to the gargoyle island if that doesn't work out.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

SoUr posted:

I got my 43.8 shaman doing specters in Feerrott; I'll keep camping these to 46 at least, maybe more if the xp is still good after that. I really want to try to tag along a PoF raid to get my child's tear.

My 27 SHD is currently camped with full SHM buffs at the sister's island in OOT, I want to see if it's possible for a melee class to take the sisters hut for cash/xp at that level. Might end up going to the gargoyle island if that doesn't work out.

Spectres should be good until 47 or 48, I think that's when I usually quit killing them.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Bunch of BDA leaving for Phinigel progression server. The guild will remain on P99 but more in line with its casual roots.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

khysanth posted:

Bunch of BDA leaving for Phinigel progression server. The guild will remain on P99 but more in line with its casual roots.

Yeah, Chest got me excited to start up. It's been fun, the grind is pretty real though. But, ya know, EverQuest, so not a surprise.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I figured I would start this again but with my original character from EQ launch. A Erudite Paladin. Yes, I hate myself.

I know this is a no way in hell shot but figure it couldn't hurt to ask. Anyone happen to have a Shield of the Stalwart Seas laying around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

SoUr posted:

Unfortunately this doesn't really work anymore. Fear was revamped back in October of November, and now the golems are proper raid mobs with three day respawn timers (used to be eight hours). The golems now drop other desirable loot too, so they've usually contested and killed asap. Child's Tears are a lot more rare now, and no one picks them up for free by tagging along on a raid anymore.

Your best bet for picking up a shaman epic at this point is to join a guild that actively raids the golems. I think that's currently Divinty and Anonymous, mostly. Your other option is to save up ~65k plat to buy a tear from one of these guilds (don't do this, that's money better spent on a fungi and/or torpor).

I suggest just joining a guild. High level shamans need a lot of resources in order to be effective, and doing this on your own without the support of a guild would be extremely difficult. Shaman soloing after level 50 is pretty lovely without an epic, and nearly impossible after level 55. A level 60 shaman without torpor may as well not be a shaman at all. Whatever you decide to do. good luck.

khysanth posted:

Wish I had the time these days to join you guys. Dicking around with friends in places like guk would be the most "classic" experience I could possibly have, truth be told. I never actually raided back in the day, haha.