Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I asked Jesse about compensations...

Nice. Guess we'll wait to be disappointed / amazed, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Hopefully we get to spend some time at 80 this time before they unlock 90 or whatever

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Hopefully we get to spend some time at 80 this time before they unlock 90 or whatever

Would be nice. Let us get a stockpile of credits and such ready for the next climb.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually more relieved that it's still on Jesse's radar and not being swept under the rug, which would be the super easy thing to do.

He seems like a pretty good dude with a really thankless terrible job.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Youth with a Skull posted:

I'm actually more relieved that it's still on Jesse's radar and not being swept under the rug, which would be the super easy thing to do.

He seems like a pretty good dude with a really thankless terrible job.

Yeah, I've been really polite and thanked him a bunch, because being angry at him for doing his job is neither justifiable, nor will it gain us anything. I'm waiting to see what the rewards are before I send him even the slightest hint of anger.

iGestalt posted:

Would be nice. Let us get a stockpile of credits and such ready for the next climb.

I stopped leveling (and starring) heroes that I wanted but didn't *need* about 3 weeks before we went to 80. I guessed that it would be coming soon about a week or so before they actually announced it, so I had a nice stockpile when it actually hit. That said, I'm back to living level to level, so, that clearly wasn't enough time. On the plus side, I get way more credits than I need for the heroes I need for GW/Arena, so this credit crunch has felt way better than the 60-70.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 29, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I've been really polite and thanked him a bunch, because being angry at him for doing his job is neither justifiable, nor will it gain us anything. I'm waiting to see what the rewards are before I send him even the slightest hint of anger.

Glad to hear. I suspect he's dealing with some other angry people, so no need to add to it.

Credit crunch has felt way less severe at this point, yeah.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Are they going to nerf Barriss's heal at some point? It just feels like having a heal that ignores the healing immunity debuff is more bug than feature.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Ugh, leveling to 90 will probably take like 4 or 5 months if they keep increasing the xp needed.

tadashi posted:

Are they going to nerf Barriss's heal at some point? It just feels like having a heal that ignores the healing immunity debuff is more bug than feature.

Nope, it's intended. They already nerfed the healing portion a while back.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

Ugh, leveling to 90 will probably take like 4 or 5 months if they keep increasing the xp needed.

I didn't even consider that. Oh god. No. Nooo.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

the whale on my server (luckily he seems to be the only one) is already level 79. I'm maybe 3 days from 77, and I won't be surprised if he hits 80 before that.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've got my core going up every level, some at 70, some at 60, and some dudes i'm trying to bring up who are 45.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I JUST got my raid awards from last night.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

the whale on my server (luckily he seems to be the only one) is already level 79. I'm maybe 3 days from 77, and I won't be surprised if he hits 80 before that.

The megawhales on my server quit, I can't remember the last time I saw either one in the top 10. There are still a few people with killer gently caress-you teams with maxed out Leia, Rey and GS plus QGJ and RG.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

The megawhales on my server quit, I can't remember the last time I saw either one in the top 10. There are still a few people with killer gently caress-you teams with maxed out Leia, Rey and GS plus QGJ and RG.

Anyone with a maxed out Leia has easily spent $1000 on the game.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There's a noticeable discrepancy between the health bar in the battlefield and the one that appears if you click a target - and the targeted health bar seems to be accurate. If it's at 5% the one over the character will show 10% or so, but the character will die to <10% attacks.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

My server group isn't too bad...There are like 2-3 people that have had 7* Rey and RG for awhile now, so they must've spent some money on packs, but I've only seen 1-2 7* Leia's (could have been the same people, but it was a long time ago, so, I dunno).

I pretty consistently make top 5, and I saved up almost 3k crystals before the level increase happened, and I'm almost level 77. There's one level 79, one level 78, and then probably a dozen 77s, so those that did spend money at the start of the game aren't spending much at this point, or have been able to consistently make top 1 in their time zone. Unfortunately, I'm in PST, and there are now about 6-7 people who are competitive for the top 5, so that really sucks. Gotta be on and ready to snipe if you want to make top 5 (and these days I'm not willing to do that every day -- and I still make top 10).

kaschei posted:

There's a noticeable discrepancy between the health bar in the battlefield and the one that appears if you click a target - and the targeted health bar seems to be accurate. If it's at 5% the one over the character will show 10% or so, but the character will die to <10% attacks.

The last tick mark of the health you see above them doesn't exist.

I don't understand how they haven't fixed the stunned/dodge bug. That's just....incompetence.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 30, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

True, I guess I meant that there were two megawhales for the first 4-5 months of my server that were always number 1 or 2. They're gone now, to be replaced by other whales although they're not as dominant since f2p and p2p has had time to catch up along with access to QGJ.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
What's a little funny is the server whale from day one had a guild tag in his name: FTB, which appears to be the guys running https://swgohcantina.com. However, as soon as guilds drop and namechanges are allowed, he removes the tag from his name and joins Team Instinct. He's still listed in the FTB guild rolls though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy hell the guild event just rolled over and someone in IGD has already blown through 830 energy. :aaaaa:

That's like what 500ish crystals?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Holy hell the guild event just rolled over and someone in IGD has already blown through 830 energy. :aaaaa:

That's like what 500ish crystals?

I'm second behind that, but it was max energy at noon, bonus energy, 7p bonus energy, all 50xtals, all 100xtals, and in 35 mins more bonus energy

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yay now that I learned the button exists in the Rancor fight I got to third highest dps in QGJ. But the Rancor ate my Geo Soldier first right after the gate came back up so there went a poo poo ton of dps right there. And I don't think Phasmas leader skill works in this fight, I haven't seen a bonus attack at all.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Yay now that I learned the button exists in the Rancor fight I got to third highest dps in QGJ. But the Rancor ate my Geo Soldier first right after the gate came back up so there went a poo poo ton of dps right there. And I don't think Phasmas leader skill works in this fight, I haven't seen a bonus attack at all.

You get a leader bonus when you enter the fight for the first time in the first phse, and not after. It is a known bug

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I hit the Rancor a bit and he ate a Stormtrooper. We do seem to get him down pretty quickly, which is neat. Should finally have my 7* Stormtrooper Han today, too. Any suggestions on which Arena dude to go for next? Sid is already 7*. Thinking Eeth Koth as I've got him at 5*.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Eeth Koth is amazing, 7* him. His fully upgraded stun is such a savior, especially against counter-attack enemies.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
I'd say Eeth Koth if only to have a nice 7 star Jedi ready for when/if Yoda event returns.

Don't wanna get caught off guard by that myself.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I dont get this rancor fight how do i not get owned so hardn. He just straight up wallops my dudes.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Jerkface posted:

I dont get this rancor fight how do i not get owned so hardn. He just straight up wallops my dudes.

Turn-meter manipulation and speed down are essential and offense down is pretty handy to have as well. I've had a decent amount of success with QGJ/Savage/Royal Guard/Geo Soldier/Luminara but there are much better options.

You're trying to delay the Rancor taking turns as much as possible which is why you want a consistent source of speed down and TM reduction, when it does take a turn, if you have offense down up you're much less likely to have your entire team get flattened by one AoE.

Don't try and stay past the enrage unless you've already lost most of your team, you will get smashed very quickly, I wasn't paying attention this morning and went from smooth-sailing to 'everyone's dead' in about 2 turns.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
So I've been playing this since early December and didn't think to check if there was a goon thread, game is fun. Is there a single goon guild or multiple? I got 5 invites sent to me when guilds became a thing, but unfortunately I looked to have picked wrong as they have yet to earn enough to do the initial raid.

As for heroes I'm currently working on getting Mace from 6* to 7, and Ahsoka, Talia, Phasma & Chewie 5-> 6. I've yet to make much progress on getting Dooku (gently caress that guy :argh: ) or geonosian soldier who both seem to be bullshit. The first order tie fighter pilot used to be absurdly good, but I think they nerfed him recently? In any case I've got at lv75 7* Nightsister Initiate, Luminara, Bariss, Savage, Sidious, Asajj, Old Daka, & Consular. I usually run with Bariss(l), Sidious, Luminara, consular, Asajj; I'm torn as to whether to switch Sidious or Luminara as leader over Bariss, Sidious mean more and harder crits, with the recent changes to dodge Luminara might be better but 20% health for 3/5 of my team, and 10% for the other 2 seems the better choice?

TL;DR: there still room in a goon guild? (android)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

So I've been playing this since early December and didn't think to check if there was a goon thread, game is fun. Is there a single goon guild or multiple? I got 5 invites sent to me when guilds became a thing, but unfortunately I looked to have picked wrong as they have yet to earn enough to do the initial raid.

As for heroes I'm currently working on getting Mace from 6* to 7, and Ahsoka, Talia, Phasma & Chewie 5-> 6. I've yet to make much progress on getting Dooku (gently caress that guy :argh: ) or geonosian soldier who both seem to be bullshit. The first order tie fighter pilot used to be absurdly good, but I think they nerfed him recently? In any case I've got at lv75 7* Nightsister Initiate, Luminara, Bariss, Savage, Sidious, Asajj, Old Daka, & Consular. I usually run with Bariss(l), Sidious, Luminara, consular, Asajj; I'm torn as to whether to switch Sidious or Luminara as leader over Bariss, Sidious mean more and harder crits, with the recent changes to dodge Luminara might be better but 20% health for 3/5 of my team, and 10% for the other 2 seems the better choice?

TL;DR: there still room in a goon guild? (android)

We had a serious guild outage in IGD (30 hours downtime -- game glitch), but we've still cleared Rancor twice. If you don't mind waiting a little bit longer, we've got a couple people who might've left the game over the downtime thing, but I want to give them a day to make sure. Otherwise, you can join Goongan -- spreadsheet I linked below has all the guild info.

Malgrin posted:

Go to the spreadsheet linked at the top. Add yourself at the bottom. Add the Goongan guild leader as a friend, then apply to that guild.

I'm working on a new OP, expect to have it up this weekend.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

All we know about cantina Hot time is that it will be between 9am pacific (10 minutes ago) and 11am pacific.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 30, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

all we know about cantina Hot time is that it will be between 9am pacific (10 minutes ago) and 11am pacific.

Woo, timezones and the mystery of. Hope it'll go on soon, as I want to spend some Crystals on dumb stuff.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Guild Activity reminder: dark side battles today until the guild rollover. After the rollover it's arena battles. However, in this case I don't intend on giving up arena position, so I'm not going to be saving my fights.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Woo, timezones and the mystery of. Hope it'll go on soon, as I want to spend some Crystals on dumb stuff.

Client restart. Hot time could be now.

e: hot time is now.

I have 1000 cantina credits. This is amazing.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Client restart. Hot time could be now.

e: hot time is now.

I have 1000 cantina credits. This is amazing.

Amazing.

Now, if they give us compensation and it can bug and be doubled...

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 30, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Amazing.

Now, if they give us compensation and it can bug and be doubled...

Well, this is probably going to last 24 hours, which means you could run it again at local reset...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Well, this is probably going to last 24 hours, which means you could run it again at local reset...

That's my plan! For once, GMT is in my favour. Did three refreshes, too. Have enough to do the same tomorrow. This is a really, really good event and something I hope they'll continue to throw out as time goes on. Latest patch, minus the losing-a-day-goon-bug, has been really great for the game.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What is this hot time

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

What is this hot time

Double cantina rewards

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I somehow missed that that was a thing. Is that credits only or double shards and. Credits and all?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

I somehow missed that that was a thing. Is that credits only or double shards and. Credits and all?

Double Shards, items, currency, credits! Just not XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Just hit G9 (with 5/6 to 10) on Barriss, so she has max stats until 80, she just needs some omegas to be max until level 80 (I should have the gear for G10 by the time I hit 80). As it stands, she has 22,333 (+550) hp and 14,928 protection.

• Locked thread