Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sockser posted:

You know who's good?

Animated Hot Rod.

He's certainly cooler and better than this new piece of poo poo. Holy gently caress, that looks awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What don't you like about it? Do you think it's less ugly than the classics one at least?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

TFRazorsaw posted:

You're kinda underestimating how extensive the retools in the new lines are now, man. Brainstorm and Blurr share legs while turning into completely different vehicles.

Yeah I don't think so. It just looks like detail added to the Hot Rod figure to make him more visually interesting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Hot Rod's shin details are simply a re-conceptualization of the silver-strips-with-arrows-on from the G1 figure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Oh great, I missed generations Blurr and Perceptor (which I've seen very divided feedback on) when they came out so I can get new ones now.

Preceptor isn't terrible but he isn't great, but Blurr is basically a Drift recolor, and Drift is good.

The new Blurr looks very good, though.

Daaaaaaamn. And I just got MP Hot Rod.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Since the black on the wheels is a paint app I wonder why didn't they just leave the rim center gray, it'd be less paint for a better look.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Since the black on the wheels is a paint app I wonder why didn't they just leave the rim center gray, it'd be less paint for a better look.

Probably easier/faster/cheaper to just paint the whole piece. One quick dip in the black paint and it's done.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

TFRazorsaw posted:

a visual comparison for the Cyclonus thing I mentioned earlier

Taint Reaper?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DT do you know if the neck connection on all these headmasters has been improved from voyager Brainstorm's? I generally don't have trouble with my Brainstorm but the neck isn't super firm. Since this'll be a line-wide gimmick I'd like to imagine there's a quality jump on par with the connections on CW figures being way better than any previous combiners.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sockser posted:

You know who's good?

Animated Hot Rod.

You know I'm kinda surprised that we never got a Takara-Tomy or Asia exclusive remold of Animated Hot Rod that gives him a G1 style head

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't want to say it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Blackheart posted:

DT do you know if the neck connection on all these headmasters has been improved from voyager Brainstorm's? I generally don't have trouble with my Brainstorm but the neck isn't super firm. Since this'll be a line-wide gimmick I'd like to imagine there's a quality jump on par with the connections on CW figures being way better than any previous combiners.

Making sure that the tolerance is right is something that I know we check every time we get a set of samples in (that's basically the main thing we look for in sample reviews). Any potential issues I've seen in early samples, I've reported to the appropriate people, so as long as they're actually listening, there shouldn't be major problems in production.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Making sure that the tolerance is right is something that I know we check every time we get a set of samples in (that's basically the main thing we look for in sample reviews). Any potential issues I've seen in early samples, I've reported to the appropriate people, so as long as they're actually listening, there shouldn't be major problems in production.

That's great to know. I remember than even second runs of the voyager Brainstorm mold (it was packaged a little differently I think) already had improvements on this so I'm sure it'll be even better now.

drrockso20 posted:

You know I'm kinda surprised that we never got a Takara-Tomy or Asia exclusive remold of Animated Hot Rod that gives him a G1 style head

Yeah this is something I wanted for a long time too. I've seen a couple of decent custom made ones however.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bought a print off Milne at the Calgary Expo today. Nice guy, pretty quiet.

E: I dig that Rodimus, but then I think I'm the only guy on the planet who likes the 06. Sure, his articulation's a bit naff, but he turns into a Dome Zero and that's just awesome.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 30, 2016

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Holy gently caress I got an mpp10 successfully shipped and delivered from China in 3 days. That has to be some kind of eBay seller shipping record. I've had stuff ordered from Amazon and sent domestically in the UK take longer.

Sorry Rhyno the trailer now has a use

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blackheart posted:

What don't you like about it? Do you think it's less ugly than the classics one at least?

Y'know, I'm not sure I do! I much prefer the car of the classics one, this new one has an almost swollen, puffy look, like the poor thing's got a case of water retention and just lacks the sleekness. The robot mode head and legs are an improvement over Classics but overall the proportions weird me out, plus I instinctively recoil from depictions of him with more yellow in the orange, and brighter reds instead of maroon. I can't stand the Hasbro v1 MP for a similar reason. Basically, I'm a fussy colour Nazi, especially when it comes to orange shades (never get me started on the MP Sunstorms).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got my Masturopiece from China in record times as well. I decided I'd make today a special toy knockoff day (that pirate ship cost £7!) with some fake Lego.

Tiny bit of white marking on the top by the Autobot symbol, but otherwise pretty great. Instructions in Chinese are absolutely terrible, which just makes it feel that bit more authentic. Thanks to the Doctor for pointing out this was available!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Squalitude posted:

Got my Masturopiece from China in record times as well. I decided I'd make today a special toy knockoff day (that pirate ship cost £7!) with some fake Lego.

Tiny bit of white marking on the top by the Autobot symbol, but otherwise pretty great. Instructions in Chinese are absolutely terrible, which just makes it feel that bit more authentic. Thanks to the Doctor for pointing out this was available!

Is it true that the KO Tracks has rubber wheels instead of plastic?

Also Cookie Rocket this might interest you:

Looks good in color I think. Sadly it seems to lack the absolutely bonkers melee weapon.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

Looks good in color I think. Sadly it seems to lack the absolutely bonkers melee weapon.

Too lazy to post it but he has it. It's a staff that splits apart with chains.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's great! How are the QC reports so far?

I also found this, which I hope Rhyno already has:

Oh upscaled chinesium, you so crazy...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

From what I read so far, they seem fairly solid. I want them bad, but they are way out of my price range.

That Megatron though might not be. He'd look good next to Nero Rex...
How have they not made a Chinesium G2 Megs yet though!?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

I really like it but I've been too busy to sell my g1 version so I can buy it. Well, and I haven't read any reviews yet either, I suppose. And I was holding out hope that there would be a satisfactory CW version, but that's been answered. Cool pics though, thank you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Wait, upscaled? I thought that guy was just a repaint of the existing KO?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Got round to putting Nero Rex together, and now I have nowhere to put him.

I'm missing the end barrel piece for the arm cannon and one of felisaber's bot mode leg pieces is pinned at a completely hosed up and useless angle but otherwise I'm happy.

Felisaber can just stay in alt mode forever on another shelf and nobody will ever know.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Wait, upscaled? I thought that guy was just a repaint of the existing KO?

You're right, I only took a quick glance at that thread and it appears it's just a recolor. My bad.

edit: Hasbratulations, Thew

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 30, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow, I've been skipping the last six months of comic discussion or so, but what are folks thoughts on mtmte as of late? I just went from 44 to the current issue and while I think it's slipped a few times, generally it's been extremely strong, often as it ever was. These last few chapters were particularly good, and seems we may be reaching an endgame. I do like how Roberts has continued to come up with new villains in interesting ways, although I think the return of overlord was particularly eye roll worthy, it might still make for some good storytelling. It also may mean that this universes rewind is still alive which could result in a really weird situation with rewind and chromedome once the dust settles in this whole battle.

I'm of the opposite opinion in that it was strong up until the end of the Scavengers arc, then went hurtling full speed over a cliff with the Cyclonus-Getaway-Tailgate nonsense, about which the only thing that made sense is Getaway's reasoning behind getting Megatron off the ship. Cyclonus' resurrection and Tailgate going all Super Saiyan were just so, so bad. 50 recovered, but at the end of the issue we were left with 5 issues of a 6 parter where imminent death and destruction is minutes away, and it still is

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

5 issues of a 6 parter where imminent death and destruction is minutes away, and it still is

Eh. I lived through the Frieza saga.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Oh. Oh my. Uh, how much are they?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Oh. Oh my. Uh, how much are they?

You're lookin at a cool six hundo. (plus shipping)

Yes that's right 3P Liokaiser costs the same as weregild for putting your big dumb foot through your buddy's childhood drum

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Phy posted:

Eh. I lived through the Frieza saga.

christ I remember that. I came home from work one day and asked my flat mate if they were watching a repeat. He calmly said it was still the same fight from two weeks before

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

You're right, I only took a quick glance at that thread and it appears it's just a recolor. My bad.

edit: Hasbratulations, Thew

You got my hopes up you jerk!

I so really want that LioKaiser but $600 for a combiner I have only a small attachment to is a bit steep.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah that LioKaiser looks awesome but I know basically nothing about the character. I don't even know their individual names. It's a lot easier to throw that kind of money at something when the nostalgia child inside is excited about it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Blackheart posted:

Yep rubber tyres, didn't know there was any other way :)

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I was at Universal Studios yesterday and saw some transformers that they claimed were exclusive to the park. I found out today that they're from the cyber battalion series, and it's the first time that they've been released in the US. Are these any good? They looked like upscaled legends class toys and not worth the $25 they were asking.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You want to talk knockoff CW Megatrons? How about one that even transforms by itself!

Gann Jerrod posted:

I was at Universal Studios yesterday and saw some transformers that they claimed were exclusive to the park. I found out today that they're from the cyber battalion series, and it's the first time that they've been released in the US. Are these any good? They looked like upscaled legends class toys and not worth the $25 they were asking.
They basically are upscaled legends, they were designed to be big-but-cheap figures for third-party markets. They're lacking a lot of articulation, and I'm fairly certain they didn't sell for $25 in other countries. Probably not worth picking up unless you're a completionist.

Still it's good to know they're available in the US now.

Knormal fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 30, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Megatron and Grimlock are fairly good though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Yeah that LioKaiser looks awesome but I know basically nothing about the character. I don't even know their individual names. It's a lot easier to throw that kind of money at something when the nostalgia child inside is excited about it.

There's Leozack, Herr Bat, Guyhawk, Jaruguraguargruar, and Motherfucking Killbison . And one other guy who is the other tank. Is his name Buffalo Dump? Is it Brodozer? Who gives a poo poo. Killbison.

noooooooo

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 30, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Drillhorn. His name is Drillhorn.

There's also DEATHCOBRA *guitar riff*

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Knormal posted:

You want to talk knockoff CW Megatrons? How about one that even transforms by itself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
http://brightcoat.tumblr.com/post/143649763581/the-collection-prepped-for-the-move-again

My collection, packed up once again for a very sudden housing change. Took about four hours.