Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was fine with wanting to learn new controls and even said as much before launch. They're just kind of a hassle and the laser being inaccurate by default just kinda seals it.

You can get the hang of it yeah and I'm doing better then when I started but I'm still wishing I just had basic controls and they would of cut down on some of the more boring gimmicks like the gyro wing.

greatn posted:

The laser isn't inaccurate, it's just the on screen reticle box ends at relatively close range, and doesn't represent where your shot ends at long range in 3d space. You gotta think of it more like the dots and arrows on a bowling lane.

But that's just IT it creates a situation where my perspective is very slightly, but very notably altered between screens. This means I have to use the lower screen for any accurate aiming that doesn't rely on lock on, and that means in one form of another taking my eyes off the other screen, affecting my ability not to go flying into things. I guess it's good that they do force you to utilize both screens and you use one for different things, but they could have really accomplished the same thing by, I dunno, having a little control panel screen at the bottom of the navigation bar that showed a targeting reticule that you could aim? I mean, I dunno. I really don't get what they were hoping to achieve here, but maybe the controls need to "click" for me still. I've never played two hours of a game and have every ounce of interest in the game drained out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Third, they should start developing and publishing games instead of plastic bricks that collect dust underneath my tv.

lol get a load of this guy

I said come in! posted:

We'll see. I feel burned by the Wii U, although that's not entirely fair to Nintendo cause I saw the writing on the wall that this console would be a commercial failure. Played some really good games on it though just didn't expect Nintendo to abandon it so quickly.

the wii u has been supported for almost four years now

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

elf help book posted:

Remember BioWare Sonic?

I'll never forget

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

People are going to buy the NX?

As soon as they let me. Barring a xbone level bad announcement that is. But launch zelda? :getin:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Been a bunch of mistranslations recently. The NX is not a new gaming platform with a brand new concept. It's a new gaming platform with a brand new Comcept. All games from this point forward will be developed by Keiji Inafune's company, and pitched on Kickstarter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BillmasterCozb posted:

the wii u has been supported for almost four years now

Coming up on 3 1/2, that's really short. Also no major exclusives for the platform this year other then maybe Zelda in the fall, but otherwise 11 out of 12 months of no interesting games.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Coming up on 3 1/2, that's really short. Also no major exclusives for the platform this year other then maybe Zelda in the fall, but otherwise 11 out of 12 months of no interesting games.

Star Fox was supposed to be a major exclusive :negative:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But that's just IT it creates a situation where my perspective is very slightly, but very notably altered between screens. This means I have to use the lower screen for any accurate aiming that doesn't rely on lock on, and that means in one form of another taking my eyes off the other screen, affecting my ability not to go flying into things. I guess it's good that they do force you to utilize both screens and you use one for different things, but they could have really accomplished the same thing by, I dunno, having a little control panel screen at the bottom of the navigation bar that showed a targeting reticule that you could aim? I mean, I dunno. I really don't get what they were hoping to achieve here, but maybe the controls need to "click" for me still. I've never played two hours of a game and have every ounce of interest in the game drained out of me.

If the reticle was further out then you'd be inaccurate at close range too. The only place depth prescription isn't an issue is first person. Still is easy to aim without looking down, you can just see where your shots are going and adjust your son based on your fire.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

If the reticle was further out then you'd be inaccurate at close range too. The only place depth prescription isn't an issue is first person. Still is easy to aim without looking down, you can just see where your shots are going and adjust your son based on your fire.

There's still no excuse for Zoness.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

With a Bioware Fire Emblem I could finally have my characters connect in ways they never could before.

My Corrin could finally dance.

Hey, Corrin, what do you think?

[birthright]
[conquest]

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Splatoon's getting new amiibo: Callie & Marie (tap to watch the splatfest dances and other performances, including a new song exclusive to each sister) plus limited-edition recolours of the boy/girl/squid; they'll be out in varying configurations in both NA and Europe on July 8.

NOA trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

2016, the year of the idols.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

every year is year of the idols

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

8-Bit Scholar posted:

There's still no excuse for Zoness.

What Zoness is awesome. It's different and doesn't wear out its welcome, and then every subsequent time you speed run with the arwing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I like the different paces of the different levels.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Every day's great at your zoness

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Star Fox Zero is really good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please sign my petition to have Marie + Miku perform together

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I will sign this.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

umm excuse me but I think that is supposed to be Callie + Miku

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Splatoon's getting new amiibo: Callie & Marie

I look forward to their costumes in Mario Maker.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rexroom posted:

umm excuse me but I think that is supposed to be Callie + Miku

Callie can go perform with Luka in the garbage can tbh

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I will support Hatsune Miku in Splatoon, but only if she sings Dominos Pizza songs

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

What Zoness is awesome. It's different and doesn't wear out its welcome, and then every subsequent time you speed run with the arwing.

Except there's literally no reason to ever go back to Zoness once you do everything there is to do there, it's a boring as gently caress stage with or without the Arwing in a game that also includes good levels like Sector Omega and Corneria both times through. Thankfully the game outside of arcade mode is designed around just choosing to do whatever you want once you unlock all the stages.

The game needed like 1000 percent more of these levels, and they needed to also be longer. It's amazing how there's lots of good ideas in the game's level design, but the short length of the levels combined with the small number of them makes it so that we never get to see anything reach closer towards its full potential. They could have had the Salvadora fight preceded by an actual level akin to the Space Armada stage from the first game, but nope, it's just a single set-piece boss battle that is designed around a feature that has divided opinions on the game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

f-fine! but know this: it is the awesomest show in a garbage can compared to a dull duo of over-ratedness that is marie and miku

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Help Im Alive posted:

Whoa whoa, as fair as that might be for Callie, I will not have you insult Luka so harshly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Miku and Marie would get along well since they are both lovely meme characters.

And here's their new friend Waluigi

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mods, take this filth out back.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Shaped like a friend my rear end...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

Whoa whoa, as fair as that might be for Callie, I will not have you insult Luka so harshly.

:yeah:

...though my favorite Vocaloid is a sword, so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please don't insult cool dude, Waluigi.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

FINALLY; I was waiting on Squid Sisters amiibos since Splatoon was released.

Now Nintendo needs to put out a Disney Infinity or Skylanders ripoff and I'll be complete

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

BattleMaster posted:

Now Nintendo needs to put out a Disney Infinity or Skylanders ripoff and I'll be complete

I think the new Amiibo Mario vs. DK game is the closest we are going to get to this and it's hosed up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

are you like this with every game you aren't immediately amazing at

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
zoness was cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
*peppy voice* THIS is zoness?? oh neat

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I enjoyed zoness

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Heard someone was talking poo poo about my favorite squid idol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Slippy, while looking at the reviews for star fox zero: What a dump!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think the new Amiibo Mario vs. DK game is the closest we are going to get to this and it's hosed up.

I think we're gonna get a legit Amiibo game but it's gonna be on the NX, so we're just gonna see the amiibo roster keep on growing for another whole year before anything is done with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

the NX is going to be called the Wii Next

• Locked thread