Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

computer parts posted:

History shows they have. That's why we're in the current situation.

drat history and its moderate liberal bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Power Walrus posted:

I much prefer how Don Cheto interpreted Trumpface:

This billboard is amazing and I hope this guy's radio show got even more popular because of it.

Sir Tonk posted:

It was all building up from Ruby Ridge (92), Waco (93) and OKC (95).

Funny that they seem more scared of a black dude in power than the feds literally burning a bunch of civilians to death.

The lack of a post-911 spike could be because they all enlisted in the milit...ahahahahaha.

...though the people who did enlist are probably where a lot of the Obama-election recruitment spike came from. :sigh:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Evil Fluffy posted:

This billboard is amazing and I hope this guy's radio show got even more popular because of it.

The lack of a post-911 spike could be because they all enlisted in the milit...ahahahahaha.

...though the people who did enlist are probably where a lot of the Obama-election recruitment spike came from. :sigh:

Wasn't there a real issue with an increase in volunteers with white power tattoos?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

Vermont is considering naming the Gilfeather turnip (which is actually a turnip/rutabaga hybrid) the official state vegetable.

There's a song about this wondrous plant:

If you're in Wardsboro, VT on October 22 you can enjoy the annual turnip festival and eat turnip bread, turnip casserole, turnip slaw, turnip burgers, a lot of turnip, basically.

And with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of Vermont. They had banished the awful lemon tree forever, because it was haunted. Now let's all celebrate with a cool glass of turnip juice.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Link to the entire document?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

citybeatnik posted:

Wasn't there a real issue with an increase in volunteers with white power tattoos?

That had more to do with relaxed standards when we were in two quagmires at once than anything else.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jebbush/status/726240071888691201

https://twitter.com/hegartykatie/status/726243472651472896

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Ogmius815 posted:

Link to the entire document?

The full letter

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Is Jeb trying to take the ultimate dad route like that other loser Scott Walker?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Well, he's got my vote.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Just saw Maddow's segment on the protests in California. Way to go Golden State, bash the fash!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shillary posted:

Just saw Maddow's segment on the protests in California. Way to go Golden State, bash the fash!

Did she mention that one Trump guy doing donuts in the crowd of protesters the other day or did she stick with the 'peaceful Trump supporters' line

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

What was it? ¡Jeb! deleted the tweet.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mercury_Storm posted:

What was it? ¡Jeb! deleted the tweet.

"dawane wade"

That's all.

Probably referring to Dwyane Wade, but I do not know the mind of a foolish guac bowl merchant.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well drat, this is a pretty sick burn.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol they're asking DoD to find random Facebook posters and talk show callers lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It is impossible for anyone to overstate how much Minnesota loved Prince.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Zeroisanumber posted:

It is impossible for anyone to overstate how much Minnesota loved Prince.

Seriously. I've seen loving memorial events going into JUNE.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Boywhiz88 posted:

Seriously. I've seen loving memorial events going into JUNE.

They played price songs from the speakers on the Minneapolis capital that you could hear through a bunch of downtown.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Well bathroom bills are working, in that here's a video of a guy "patrolling" a women's bathroom in Texas for secret men and accosting women who don't present feminine enough for him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I'm sure those women feel more safe

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

from the same personality disorder that leads to thoughts such as "i will carry my pistol so i can kill the mass shooter", comes the new "i will be the man who patrols the women's bathroom to keep creepy men out of the women's bathroom"

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm pretty sure that the states planned on enforcing those bathroom laws by sending vice cops into gay clubs and harassing the clientele there. It's kind of a fascinating look into our times that more or less everybody interpreted the legislation as having a much wider impact than anti-LGBT legislation has in the past.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Simplex posted:

I'm pretty sure that the states planned on enforcing those bathroom laws by sending vice cops into gay clubs and harassing the clientele there. It's kind of a fascinating look into our times that more or less everybody interpreted the legislation as having a much wider impact than anti-LGBT legislation has in the past.

poo poo, that never occurred to me.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Good to see that the Potty PI isn't even set up and they're already harassing women who don't dress like they are from the 19th century or earlier. "T-Shirt and fo-hawk? THAT'S CLEARLY A MAN!"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I know it's been assumed that the GOP would go strongly into misogyny if Clinton got the nom but I never would have predicted that it would begin with a GOP self made police force setting up outside public restrooms.

Its another one of those things that if you told your past self of years ago there's no way you'd imagine how we got there.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Why is there not a campaign to identify the fake bathroom cop and ruin his life? He's the bathroom-invading pervert in this case.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SedanChair posted:

Why is there not a campaign to identify the fake bathroom cop and ruin his life? He's the bathroom-invading pervert in this case.

He was a Good Christian trying to Do The Right Thing

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

SedanChair posted:

Because extremism in defense of (religious) liberty is no vice.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Also because policing the femininity of women is a deliberate consequence of these laws.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Also because policing the femininity of women is a deliberate consequence of these laws.

Well, yeah. That too.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Bushiz posted:

But that doesn't explain why this guy isn't being harassed.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

But that doesn't explain why this guy isn't being harassed.

the purpose of the law is to discriminate against trans people and he's cis, so there you go

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
It's all on you now man, you gotta get that guy.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

UberJew posted:

the purpose of the law is to discriminate against trans people and he's cis, so there you go

I feel like I am being misunderstood here. It is incumbent upon the people of the book (Howard Zinn's book) to chase this guy until he repents.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
He was just protecting his kin.

edit

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Videographers-in-Planned-Parenthood-case-back-in-7383568.php

quote:

Anti-abortion activists accused of falsifying records to secretly videotape Planned Parenthood officials in Houston have rejected a plea deal that would have effectively put an end to criminal charges against them, their lawyers confirmed Friday.

"I don't advise my clients to accept responsibility for cases that they haven't done anything wrong in," said Dan Cogdell, Merritt's attorney.

The pair were charged in January with tampering with a governmental record, a second-degree felony with a possible sentence of up to 20 years in prison. Daleiden was also charged with a misdemeanor charge of attempting to buy human organs.

After a brief status hearing Friday in court, attorneys said they will not accept offers of pretrial diversion, a low-level probation that would have allowed the charges against them to be dismissed if they did not break the law for a year.

Kind of surprised that they didn't take the plea, it's not likely that they're going to win. Probably going to get them a sweet gig on the RWM grifter train afterwards, though.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 30, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sir Tonk posted:

He was just protecting his kin.

edit

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Videographers-in-Planned-Parenthood-case-back-in-7383568.php

Kind of surprised that they didn't take the plea, it's not likely that they're going to win. Probably going to get them a sweet gig on the RWM grifter train afterwards, though.

I'm glad they didn't take it. They'd probably have gotten some bullshit sentence and this way if they want to pull some Kim Davis martyr poo poo let them. They need a few years in prison.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm glad they didn't take it. They'd probably have gotten some bullshit sentence and this way if they want to pull some Kim Davis martyr poo poo let them. They need a few years in prison.

I don't know much about this, but couldn't the governor just pardon them?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Bushiz posted:

Bingo. Notice that no one is bitching about transmen/men's bathrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Kind of surprised that for Adams they just picked one where he called Hamilton a bastard, rather than when he said that he had 'a superabundance of secretions which he could not find whores enough to draw off'.

• Locked thread