Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

I can't remember, does Looter have levels? Maybe it's rank 0? Mine definitely isn't that slow, it gets shots on the run.

My Looter's maxed and it takes forever to line up and shoot any containers. People on the wiki seem to be saying the same but that's not worth very much. So if yours works fine then either you're The Chosen One or mine is just hosed.

E: Maybe it's precept order?

Keksen fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So now that I've got a potatoed Carrier Prime, I'm thinking he might be sturdy enough to carry a weapon without dying horribly. What's the best Sentinel weapon?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Sweeper Prime. :v:

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I don't know why, but I don't want to give up on Health Conversion just yet. Maybe Pool of Life can make it work.

I should be able to afford it tomorrow...

Edit... or maybe I should keep saving for my Sancti Tigris...

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

steam screenshot compression makes the textures look like hot poo poo but i am Bringing Prime Realness

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

TheMostFrench posted:

I sold an ember prime bp for 350p, that was the asking price. Did I do good? Regardless, I bought a cape and now my loki looks like a space vampire.
you should have sold it for more than twice that, bare minimum.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Everyone's popping in asking questions about the event, so let's talk about the event: Read the forum post

What's that? You want specifics? Al~right then.

You start with Rathuum Arena 1, winning gives you 1 point.
At 3 points, you gain access to Rathuum Arena 2, winning gives you 5 points.
At 10 points, you gain access to Rathuum Arena 3, winning gives you 10 points.

No, you cannot taxi people forward, they must meet the point requirements.

The Rathuum arenas are PVP deathmatch maps, with set ammo/health/energy spawn locations. However, you'll be operating under PVE rules
Your enemies in the arena are the Executioners.
Ash is exceptionally good at killing them, but will need to collect energy to keep the murder going. Valk's pretty alright too. If you're not one of those two, bring a big shotgun or splash weapon. An EV Trin can feed the Ash.
Watch out for Nok. He's fourth from left in the image, has a regular lancer-looking profile in game. He summons and launches Carabus drones which can rip 5000 health off a tank Inaros in a half second. In Arena 1. The Carabus can be outrun and die easily, fortunately.

At 100 points, you are rewarded the Furax Wraith and access to Kela.
However, you are not done with the arenas if you want to fight Kela multiple times! You must be at 100 points or more to access her, but it costs 50 points to fight her.
The event tab only shows your total points. To see your current points, look at one of the event nodes.

To get into Kela's boss arena, you must complete a pressure plate and switch puzzle. Everyone stands on a pressure plate, and shoots a green switch with a spinning cover on the wall.
If someone gets knocked off the pressure plate, the puzzle resets. Rollers will flood out of the walls. They aren't actually dangerous but you will be up to your eyeballs in them.*
Once completed, the puzzle floor rises into the arena proper. You fight Kela three times. She's mobile, but you can just shoot her. Her rockets can be shot down.
Between fights, Kela retreats to her announcer booth and activates waves of orbital bombardment, and a new pressure plate and switch puzzle between waves that will stop the bombardment and advance the fight. Rollers will also fly out of the walls during the puzzle.
This instance of the puzzle, each pressure plate will have three switches under the spinning cover, however each set can be done independently.

To deal with rollers in both the access and arena stages, an autohit toggle power frame such as a standard build Ember deals with them neatly.
The orbital bombardment is not very dense and clearly marks the impact positions. If you are unable to absorb it with your face and the puzzle is not being completed in time to stop it, bulletjumping like a maniac and aimgliding will help you survive. Bulletjumping strategically works even better.
Ignis trivializes switch hitting.

*Seriously, my first Kela run, none of us were expecting Roller Hell and we were stuck stumbling around for like ten minutes until we got lucky with the switches. We figured out the puzzle in the first 15 seconds, but only the Valk was able to stand still in the Roller avalanche. When we did the arena part of the puzzle, the Valk became designated pressure plate weight while everyone else tried to shoot the switches as Rollers flew at our faces.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 30, 2016

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Max range Frost will protect the entire platform with his dome if you keep it in its invuln period for the duration of the bombardment.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
That sounds like such a fun way to grind away... I mean spend my weekend. That seriously sounds like the worst. The idea works in concept, I love the idea of conclave bots, but holy crap I do not feel like doing it 15 times to face her once.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I was a bit "Eh..." on the Mutalist Quanta, but then I noticed the little infested growth on it helps you reload with its little wigglers. :3:

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Relin posted:

you should have sold it for more than twice that, bare minimum.

How much do the helm and chassis go for?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So with all the bitching about events, etc, I think people missed the most important thing.

:pcgaming: EMBER PRIME GOT PBR'D :pcgaming:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Do it for the Paris Prime, you loving monsters.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

No need.

Abra Skin Supremacy.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I was going to ask what the hell PBR stood for, but Google solved the issue.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I personally dislike the PBR because I hate coloring over the gold Prime bits. If i didn't want to show off my bling I'd just use the non-Prime Frame, goddammit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I also want bling. I just don't want it to be this horrible, sickly yellow.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I really wish Kela's bossfight was better, because the concept behind her personality is pretty good (deranged Grineer gladiator show host/judge). Me and a friend had fun times last night grinding the Rathuum itself, but not knowing about the initial puzzle we had garbage equipment/frames for it and had to restart the mission. The second orbital strike phase is especially rear end.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

I also want bling. I just don't want it to be this horrible, sickly yellow.

That's what gold actually looks like tho

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

because the concept behind her personality is pretty good (deranged Grineer gladiator show host/judge).
Vor is substantially less batshit than their ooold concept, but we got barely intelligible Ruk.
We got Grineer cloning the dead.
We got Tenno kids.
We got rogue Tenno.

And now? We got Grineer TV!

Can't wait for toxic credit chip implants to come up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

We got rogue Tenno.

I maintain my personal theory that Stalker is a Warframe without a Tenno behind the wheel; it gained sentience either by chance or from gestalt experience of being awake for however many years were between the Tenno killing the Orokin and waking up from cryosleep.

Also why Hunhow's sword being broken adversely affected him. New puppeteer had the strings to his marionette cut.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 30, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

use ash on the endless mode.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Fish Noise posted:

And now? We got Grineer TV!
Big money, big prizes! BIG CLEM! Year's supply of nanospores!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I maintain my personal theory that Stalker is a Warframe without a Tenno behind the wheel; it gained sentience either by chance or from gestalt experience of being awake for however many years were between the Tenno killing the Orokin and waking up from cryosleep.

Also why Hunhow's sword being broken adversely affected him. New puppeteer had the strings to his marionette cut.

Given that all the original frames were created by infecting some animal / person with Technocyte and reproducing its body as a cybernetic half-rear end organism of sorts to tie back to an Operator it seems like he could be one that managed to escape sort of like a Frankenstein monster that's now lost and bitter at the world that created it, unable to truly die by the nature of its creation. If DE actually wanted to build a real story, there's room to do it, but it's not like Warframe is a story-driven action game like the Witcher series or anything.

Also note that Stalker was there when the Tenno betrayed the Orokin, so he wasn't part of the cryosleep or anything and he was pretty pissed at that time. My guess is that the Orokin were trying to create a fully controlled, sentient Warframe that was lower risk than the whole Transference technology. It would give some evidence for how Stalker is able to use so many Tenno powers - he was directly created to be a meta-frame rather than sorta grown and harvested like how other Warframes were created. When a bad wi-fi connection is all it takes to keep your elite mutant army from becoming useless piles of rubble with bad hair and raging teenage hormones, I'd want a backup plan, too.

The bigger question I really have is why did the Sentients show up again after all this time? Did the Grineer and Corpus honestly wake them up with a bad Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of event? Can DE come up with any more eyerolling new factions and plot points?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a way to make getting rep for Simaris less awkward or more automated? I have to scan with the Synthesis scanner right, or does Helios work? If so is there a way to make that lil' guy scan faster?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Helios can use Synth scanners, but IIRC not for Synthesis or with any of the add-on benefits. Just as backup if you run out of codex scanners. :downs:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I really do have to take time out of my murdering to snap pictures like a tourist? Darnit.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Go to the terminal to the left in the sanctuary, you can pick a dedicated target to scan. Then do a mission where that enemy is likely to spawn and Simaris will notify you if one has spawned. This particular target will be glowing blue and behaves like a capture target. Use the kinetic trap and scan it. You'll get a huge chunk of standing than if you had been scanning randoms.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
If you've got Trinity, her 1 is less cumbersome than using the deployable traps.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
worst sortie tier list

1 any uranus spy
2 eximus corpus survival
3 eximus corpus excav

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
Valk is pretty good at endless rathuum guys.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lagonazer posted:

Valk is pretty good at endless rathuum guys.

Valk is pretty good at anything really

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Is there any way to get enemies to respawn in new locations?

I'm trying to finish an exterminate mission. My enemy radar says that the last guy is inside of the exit point. My abilities can't reach it...

Any suggestions?

Edit: This is the second time today... Both times were on tower 3 Exterminate. The first time, it was a synthesis target that I couldn't get to.

Edit 2: It's too late now. Maybe this won't happen a third time...

Edit 3: gently caress.

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 30, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Enlarge the minimap and show us a screenshot if it happens again.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Fish Noise posted:

Enlarge the minimap and show us a screenshot if it happens again.

Thanks! I'll do that next time.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've had a lot of success blinding synth targets with Excal.

I've also had the final enemy of exterm maps be inside the exfil point several times today. Sometimes it resolves itself just by staring at it really hard. Sometimes we just had to go back elsewhere in the level. Sometimes the game figures out that it hosed up and resolves itself, I've had something similar with capture missions where the enemy gets blasted off the map or falls into a pit. The game sits there for like 3-5 minutes, unbeatable, then all the sudden you hear the capture scream way off in the distance and BAM! success.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 30, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For people wondering about the new Medi Ray mod, it restores 12% HP over 4 seconds at max rank. Good for Inaros, I guess :toot:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Relin posted:

worst sortie tier list

1 any uranus spy

I guess you mean the turbine maze because otherwise Uranus Spy is very easy.
For the Turbine Maze, you need to peek around corners (this is really more about wrestling with the camera more than anything tbf). If you see lights around a turbine, shoot that poo poo. It will shut down the turbine and the lasers in the corridor. The puzzle has multiple entrances so find one that works. DO NOT just blindly charge down the tunnels. Once you make it out, wait for the laser wall to create a hole and then jump out onto land. Then just space ninja to the console. Deffo the slowest vault.

The other two are simple: For one, just find the door near the bottom of the stairs that leads to an underwater area. Destroy the glowing turbines and proceed through the holes that they leave. Continue until console.
For the other, smash the glass on pipes around the area to release the water. Use your scanner to find them. This will fry the security systems and you can then just calmly ascend.

Relin posted:

2 eximus corpus survival
3 eximus corpus excav

This is true tho. Those pulse mines.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
:siren: PS4 Glaive BP alert! :siren:

That's the one for Best bless Trin right?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

FirstPersonShitter posted:

steam screenshot compression makes the textures look like hot poo poo but i am Bringing Prime Realness

What armor are you wearing on that Excal and how do I get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Oblivious posted:

What armor are you wearing on that Excal and how do I get it

Prime and you can't unless DE brings back founders or something