Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Princes was an awesome battle :black101:

What's the point of no return for the endgame? Setting the last cinder down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wish there were bonfire ascetics so I could fight the last boss over and over because it's probably the most fun in the game.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Dang yall how do i kill these crow guys. they are really fast and hurt me a lot.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toiwat posted:

Princes was an awesome battle :black101:

What's the point of no return for the endgame? Setting the last cinder down?

The only point of no return is clicking "Yes I want to start NG+" :)

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Dang yall how do i kill these crow guys. they are really fast and hurt me a lot.

Straight sword and just mash R1

If you're using something else, good luck.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Stun lock one from 0-death as their wings sprout

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

I sure wish the Blue covenants worked. Farming the item takes forever.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Well I beat the final boss. I still haven't visited the optionsl dungeon. The last phase very easy compared to the first, thankfully

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So apparently people can softban you if they edit the ability to give you souls onto a weapon. It's fun to watch various forums just lose their poo poo over this.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
1: is it possible for the ... princes? fight, to use the elevator as a shortcut to them from the dragonslayer armour? It only ever goes down :(
2: In case nobody else has noticed, the game is a ZILLION times easier if you skip the receiver and plug the hdmi cable right into your monitor instead of routing it through the receiver.

Long version: I have a pc, and it has a dvi straight to a smaller screen with a better response time, and an hdmi that goes to the receiver, which has an hdmi that goes to the larger tv. (it also has an optical sound cable to the receiver, my sound goes through that in all cases). I was playing a couple of nights ago, for a change, on the big tv and every single enemy was hitting me before I could roll or pre-emptively hit them. I was thinking I had controller lag or something, until I switched back to my smaller, good response time, 25 inch pc monitor, and suddenly I was good at the game again. I have a gaming pro friend who says that in general, smaller screens have better response times (IDK if true) but definitely use the monitor/tv in the house with the lowest response time, and hook your rig directly to it for much easier gameplay.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I went all the way to Rosaria on my level 25 guy.

My new favorite thing to do is put a Sunbro red sign down right where you get dropped off after Vordt.

They think they're summoning help, tee-hee.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nakar posted:

Do you know how From's stupid ban system works?

Nobody knows the full details, honestly.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Oh wow, this changes everything! Thanks for the tip, guys :respek:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Your Computer posted:

The only point of no return is clicking "Yes I want to start NG+" :)
Specifically, the point of no return for getting an ending is confirming the ending after killing the final boss. If you kill the boss and leave you can go back and get whatever ending you've unlocked at any time. Once you get an ending, the game prompts you to go to NG+. You can say no and just keep playing for as long as you want, but you can't get a different ending anymore.

That's the only "no return" thing, aside from NPC questlines and such, and all it does is show you a cutscene and some credits anyway.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well I've learned one thing watching this thread all day with the hacker drama.

I think Tallgeese is my new favorite Batman. :allears:

I've been fortunate not to run into any hackers, just nonstop gank squads. Still I may play it cautious for awhile anyways, which is a shame because I wanted to have Franziska von Karma invade people and get perfect convictions. :whip:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tallgeese posted:

Nobody knows the full details, honestly.

Based on dark souls 2, and recent claims. Editing your soul value directly will cause a soft ban. That's one of few things they seem to be consistent about.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Where do you get the sword that's required to kill Yhorm the Giant? I was only able to kill him because both the phantoms with me had it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RentACop posted:

You ever come across a field of bloodstains and it turns out the only thing in the area is like a bone dog or something? Like what the gently caress happened there

yeah that's always the funniest poo poo to me cuz you get all scared and it's some joke enemy and that's it.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Where do you get the sword that's required to kill Yhorm the Giant? I was only able to kill him because both the phantoms with me had it.

the big glowing thing on his throne.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Inspect his arena closer

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5725284f90adc4e5b6/priase-the-sun

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well I can confess I sure didn't find the game too easy (re: the discussion some pages ago). I'm through now and haven't been able to beat one optional boss (you know who). But quite a few times I had to summon help. I would probably still be stuck in Pontiff or Champion Gundyr if I kept trying to solo. My proudest moment was probably beating Dancer on my own after getting the feel for her strange attacks.

Despite this some normal enemies still give me huge trouble, like the shield and spear knights (drat kick is so hard to execute) and the mini Vordt at Grand archives (think I spent more tries on him than on any boss). Also the little rolling lizards at Archdragon Peak killed me more than I want to admit.

But all in all this was my first ever DS game and I felt like I did make some progress during the game. I'm still not a very good player but at the start I seriously doubted if I could ever make it through the game, and I did, so I'm happy about it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jewel Repetition posted:

it's in the room where you fight him

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So I'm not at some ridiculously high level but I'm not seeing signs practically anywhere anymore, is this the lovely gear tier thing in effect. I've been trying to stay low as possible so I can try and co-op every area generally but ugh, this is such a dumb pain in the rear end just to try and 'fix' twinks and it's already failed at that too.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'm glad that, as more people beat the game, Champion Gundyr gets more and more crowd pop.

Any time a streamer makes it halfway through the Untended Graves, that explodes with "THE CHAMP AWAITS YOU", "THE CHAMP IS COMING" and so on.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

What's the glowing yellow orb on your character in the second clip, is that what Tears of Denial looks like?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Broseph Brostar posted:

What's the glowing yellow orb on your character in the second clip, is that what Tears of Denial looks like?

Yessir, it's an orbiting shiny.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Can you bring a summon with you into the Giant King fight and still get Siegward's help?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Yardbomb posted:

So I'm not at some ridiculously high level but I'm not seeing signs practically anywhere anymore, is this the lovely gear tier thing in effect. I've been trying to stay low as possible so I can try and co-op every area generally but ugh, this is such a dumb pain in the rear end just to try and 'fix' twinks and it's already failed at that too.
If you underlevel your upgrade tier or upgrade your weapon too early by knowing where to get better/more upgrade shards you'll generally find yourself completely unable to see any summon signs whatsoever. You need to either level up more or not upgrade your weapon as far, though once you've done either you can't go back.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Filthy Hans posted:

Can you bring a summon with you into the Giant King fight and still get Siegward's help?

Yes. I was a summon and I saw my guy get his help.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
these 2 pubbies wont leave the bonfire with me in their session so I've just been afk for 40 mins now standing in a random room. 2 V 1 fight and the cowards wont fight.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
OK, I finally finished this up. I'd like to keep a save game file from the end of my game (prior to heading to NG+) so I can easily access whatever DLC that comes up, but I'd also like to give NG+ a shot on this character. It looks like my only option is to duplicate my save, start NG+ on my charater, and then over-write the data with my old save whenever the DLC comes out if I want to do it with my NG save?

Hopefully FROM doesn't consider this cheating?

Also, I thought the final boss fight was great. The Twin Princes were probably the high point for me, and Nameless King was the only point that made me incredibly frustrated.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

these 2 pubbies wont leave the bonfire with me in their session so I've just been afk for 40 mins now standing in a random room. 2 V 1 fight and the cowards wont fight.

This happened to me a couple times in a row and I just started either black crystaling out if they looked good or killing them if they looked bad, gently caress giving them the satisfaction of winning with that pussy poo poo.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Nanomashoes posted:

This happened to me a couple times in a row and I just started either black crystaling out if they looked good or killing them if they looked bad, gently caress giving them the satisfaction of winning with that pussy poo poo.

I had to go out and do some stuff anyway, once on got home I hosed off. It's just funny I shut down 2 peoples game by going AFK and leaving the house for over half an hour.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

redreader posted:

Yes. I was a summon and I saw my guy get his help.

thanks

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

redreader posted:

1: is it possible for the ... princes? fight, to use the elevator as a shortcut to them from the dragonslayer armour? It only ever goes down :(

Two-car elevator like the one at the giant's tower in the Undead Settlement. Hit it and hop off if you already got the slab at the bottom.

E:

Szcwczuk posted:

I had to go out and do some stuff anyway, once on got home I hosed off. It's just funny I shut down 2 peoples game by going AFK and leaving the house for over half an hour.

I watched a bunch of Twin Peaks this week due to that.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Holy poo poo the swamp in the Road of Sacrifices is dummy retarded town. Spontaneous and unannounced NPC invasions that are impossible to hit, and have infinite estus. I had one cocksucker with a claymore roll more than ever. Even when my sword hit the guy he rolled at the last possible picosecond and I'd miss. Even my phantom couldn't hit him reliably until he'd roll away and chugg a flask. What's worse, his rolls seemed to have more distance than normal. Even sprinting I was barely able to keep up with him, but then he'd roll and I'd have to wait for my stamina to refill. That guy loving trolled me for 15 minutes.

And then Yellowfinger spawned while that guy was there, and then a Farron Watchdog spawned, all without the [[[ INVADED BY XXX ]]] banner appearing. I only heard the sound that a summon makes.

poo poo is hosed.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the big glowing thing on his throne.

IronicDongz posted:

it's in the room where you fight him

NTT posted:

Inspect his arena closer

Well I got that one, but the description mentions there are two of them and I assumed you're supposed to use the other one since he's almost impossible to beat without it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

Once I invaded Anor Londo as a mad phantom and the host had 3 phantoms and was waiting like 30 feet behind them at the start of the level too scared to progress. I waited a minute for a red invader to appear and we charged. All 3 phantoms decided to attack my buddy so I beelined the host and when he ran away he accidentally rolled off a cliff. My invader buddy lived long enough for us to both win and applaud everyone for their bravery while fading out.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The hacker is targeting the reddit password which only prompts more reddit threads about him.

Magnificent and godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Andrigaar posted:

I watched a bunch of Twin Peaks this week due to that.

They buy a PVP game, play online then hide at the bonfire all game when they get invaded. People are weird.