Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
With how gigantic this map is I'm glad they included the option to track opportunities. I like turning it on at the beginning so I can at least get an idea of what I'm trying to do, then I can usually figure it out from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/update-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

The patch that fixed still hadn't released yet. It's out today for ps4.

Awesome, thanks. I'd seen those patch notes, and I downloaded a patch when downloading Sapienza so I figured that was it, but I guess I was getting some older patch.

Fingers crossed that it works.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

TomViolence posted:

You can also distract the two dudes by poisoning their mice and messing with their samples, then drop a remote charge in the bin next to the virus.

I tried messing with the ventilation control panel and the other second panel which brings the attention of a scientist, but lol I didn't know about poisoning mice.

BTW, what's the best disguise to explore the villa? It seems there is no "ultimate" disguise but at least which is the one who is detected less in that area?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS4 patch just installed for me

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I do kind of wish there was an 'ultimate disguise' for sapienza like the sheikh/Helmut in Paris. Just for loving about potential really. It probably doesn't make much sense in game though. Maybe the psychologist is your best bet for the mansion/golf coach for the gardens? There's nothing that'll get you through the lab easily as far as I can tell though.

E: also where is the green plumber?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

E: also where is the green plumber?

Oh pretty sure I just ran into him! He's in one of the rooms under the mansion. It's a little boiler room that leads to the sewer or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New patch fixes the reconnect issues when using sleep mode on PS4 :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I suspect that the relatively developed building interior under the bohemian's place is going to see heavy use in future challenges.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Turin Turambar posted:

BTW, what's the best disguise to explore the villa? It seems there is no "ultimate" disguise but at least which is the one who is detected less in that area?

I think you can go most places in the mansion using the biolab security outfit and outside of the lab, no one can see through it. Haven't tested it properly though so I can't be certain.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I think you can go most places in the mansion using the biolab security outfit and outside of the lab, no one can see through it. Haven't tested it properly though so I can't be certain.

You're not allowed to go to the upper floors with it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I swear to god half the NPCs in the new game are voiced by Eugene Mirman.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Orv posted:

I swear to god half the NPCs in the new game are voiced by Eugene Mirman.

I found it pretty funny when the priest found me trespassing and yelled that he was going to make me bleed, pal, in a thick American accent.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So what's the deal with the remote "destroy the virus" console that requires a dongle? I've knocked out the scientist lady that starts in the church a couple of times now and she doesn't drop it - do you have to have read the note by the console first, like with the bodyguard's cell phone to make the panic room call in Paris? Because every time I actually try that she's already left the church by the time I get there.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So what's the deal with the remote "destroy the virus" console that requires a dongle? I've knocked out the scientist lady that starts in the church a couple of times now and she doesn't drop it - do you have to have read the note by the console first, like with the bodyguard's cell phone to make the panic room call in Paris? Because every time I actually try that she's already left the church by the time I get there.

I did it by starting at the Harbor location and immediately going to the church. She was in the confession booth, and the opportunity triggered when I could overhear her. I followed her into the morgue and she dropped the dongle after I subdued her.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think the dongle dropping might be slightly buggy. She can definitely drop it without you having read the note, but it's unreliable.

Is there any point to the safe in the attic? It's an "opportunity," but giving the lady the contents doesn't seem to have any obvious repercussions or effects.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The dongle has always dropped for me. As for the safe she burns the hair in the fireplace so you can drop the canister into it and blow her up.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

TomViolence posted:

You can also distract the two dudes by poisoning their mice and messing with their samples, then drop a remote charge in the bin next to the virus.

That would also work for killing the lady scientist if you were to destroy the virus without detonating the device.

Edit: anybody figure out how to kill both targets using one explosive canister? I've never found a way to make them meet up.

Covert Ops Wizard fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 1, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

That would also work for killing the lady scientist if you were to destroy the virus without detonating the device.

Edit: anybody figure out how to kill both targets using one explosive canister? I've never found a way to make them meet up.
Knock them both out, drag them in front of the same fireplace, then drop a canister down it? v:shobon:v

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Arrange a meeting as the therapist then hide before Caruso shows up.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh man, getting Caruso to hit the explosive golf ball is even funnier than I thought it would be. It helped that I had picked a spot where I could have a front row seat for the action and it just so happened that his body comically landed like right at my feet after flying 30 feet in the air

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Sapienza spoilers in these videos:

Silvio the Boat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWFw-DyjGFo

Fire extinguisher trixx:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcc243GyHc

Also a great way to take out the virus superfast.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Basebf555 posted:

Oh man, getting Caruso to hit the explosive golf ball is even funnier than I thought it would be. It helped that I had picked a spot where I could have a front row seat for the action and it just so happened that his body comically landed like right at my feet after flying 30 feet in the air

I love watching him pick out the ball and inspect it in the air. The suspense as he winds up his golf swing was killing me.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm way behind here but I just spent like an hour sneaking round the attic in the Paris mission dressed as VAMPIRE MAGICIAN disappearing guards. I don't even know what the point of that outfit is yet, but I like it :allears:

Also I tried setting up the meeting with Decker(?) at the Pagoda and rigging the gas lamp, but I guess someone pulled out a cigarette cos they got exploded before the target even got there.

I'm a terrible hitmans.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I'm way behind here but I just spent like an hour sneaking round the attic in the Paris mission dressed as VAMPIRE MAGICIAN disappearing guards. I don't even know what the point of that outfit is yet, but I like it :allears:

Also I tried setting up the meeting with Decker(?) at the Pagoda and rigging the gas lamp, but I guess someone pulled out a cigarette cos they got exploded before the target even got there.

I'm a terrible hitmans.

Yeah one of the fsb guys always pulls out a cig and kills himself before novikov arrives. Not sure whether there's any way to sabotage it in a way that works or if it's a deliberate red herring

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can take them out easier by using a rubber ducky mine. I placed the preorder one in the center of the gazebo and Decker just picks it up and puts in his pocket.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
What the hell, he was spotted there at the end.

edit: Man, I have no idea how to make the dude try to escape by plane, so I can shoot him down. Nor how to get the lady in position to be cannoned. Nor, for that matter, to be crushed by a stalactite - her path on investigating the ruined virus doesn't seem to bring her past one.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 2, 2016

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Strudel Man posted:

What the hell, he was spotted there at the end.

edit: Man, I have no idea how to make the dude try to escape by plane, so I can shoot him down. Nor how to get the lady in position to be cannoned. Nor, for that matter, to be crushed by a stalactite - her path on investigating the ruined virus doesn't seem to bring her past one.

I think for the cannon one you have to make her meet up with the detective

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

status posted:

I think for the cannon one you have to make her meet up with the detective
Hm...just wake him up and not interfere? That might well work. Tricky to get over to the fort quietly, though. I usually end up killing people.

Actually, I guess I'll probably still have to take his clothes, since otherwise he won't trigger the meeting, will he.

edit: Hah. The detective's innate suspicion of you means that if he sees you standing around in your suit, he'll get in your face saying vague things about "enough is enough," and eventually the cops show up to arrest you for ????.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 2, 2016

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Strudel Man posted:

Hm...just wake him up and not interfere? That might well work. Tricky to get over to the fort quietly, though. I usually end up killing people.

Actually, I guess I'll probably still have to take his clothes, since otherwise he won't trigger the meeting, will he.

edit: Hah. The detective's innate suspicion of you means that if he sees you standing around in your suit, he'll get in your face saying vague things about "enough is enough," and eventually the cops show up to arrest you for ????.

If you don't interfere after waking him up, he will mosey over to the docks. He just takes his time getting there. You can turn on the radio around the corner from him to wake him up, and he should just play his part.

The conversation he and Scientist have fills in a few details about what Playboy wants to do with the weapon, too.

For making Playboy escape, you need to start a Target Lockdown state (by blowing something up or badly sniping around him), and compromise the Safe Room. The timing for firing the cannon is a bear, but around 9 seconds is about right.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Wizard of the Deep posted:

If you don't interfere after waking him up, he will mosey over to the docks. He just takes his time getting there. You can turn on the radio around the corner from him to wake him up, and he should just play his part.

The conversation he and Scientist have fills in a few details about what Playboy wants to do with the weapon, too.

For making Playboy escape, you need to start a Target Lockdown state (by blowing something up or badly sniping around him), and compromise the Safe Room. The timing for firing the cannon is a bear, but around 9 seconds is about right.
I sniped both his bodyguards in front of him, but I guess that wasn't enough. How do you compromise his safe room? Which room is even considered his safe room?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to combine a set of events to get De Silvia to actually just flat out kill Silvio Caruso. The combination of the PI meeting and finding the hair sample really ought to be enough.

edit: I was hoping the breakdown scenario would also produce a more severe reaction. 47 actually causing someone to commit suicide would be an interesting new low/high for the series.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 2, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to combine a set of events to get De Silvia to actually just flat out kill Silvio Caruso. The combination of the PI meeting and finding the hair sample really ought to be enough.
That and what she says to you when you impersonate her lover certainly seems like it should be possible. Still.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Strudel Man posted:

I sniped both his bodyguards in front of him, but I guess that wasn't enough. How do you compromise his safe room? Which room is even considered his safe room?

To prompt the Target Lockdown, I dropped the propane tank on the grill after he walked past it. Killed two body-guards, ragdolled their corpses onto the umbrella, and made a bunch of noise.

Playboy's safe-room is the ledge/area overlooking the virus lab.

To compromise it, you just need to show that you've been there. A dead/unconscious body would do that nicely, right?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Came back to playing this game after playing The Division non-stop for a month or so, now taking a break due to its well-documented issues, and just downloaded and played Sapienza for the first time yesterday.

Having bought the whole package upfront because I'm lazy, I was hoping that this scheduled release setup wouldn't disappoint. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the size and scope of this level. The amount of options available is pretty freaking cool. I hope that they continue the other levels in the same way, hopefully, in equal or even grander scale.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Man, seems I have fun until the loving lab part because it always turns into a frantic sprint to not get noticed. Are there any scientist disguises I can get before I get in? Seems no other disguises will work at all in there.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

MinibarMatchman posted:

Man, seems I have fun until the loving lab part because it always turns into a frantic sprint to not get noticed. Are there any scientist disguises I can get before I get in? Seems no other disguises will work at all in there.

There is a scientist disguise at the morgue near the church, middle room. Easy way to do the lab is to just shoot the virus through the glass. Can do it from the ledge furthest away from the virus.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

There's also a scientist in the wine cellar chatting to some drunk guy, easy enough to get rid of him without creating a scene.

I do wish there was a 'master' disguise for the lab area. I'm not really a huge fan of the gameplay when it becomes a traditional stealth em up. Much prefer playing around with engineering accidents etc.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

You can also get the laptop dongle from the redheaded lady scientist who visits the morgue, which you can use to destroy the virus without having to get as close. The hazmat suits give you a lot of cover, though, only a couple of guys will recognize you when you're wearing it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

You can also get the laptop dongle from the redheaded lady scientist who visits the morgue, which you can use to destroy the virus without having to get as close. The hazmat suits give you a lot of cover, though, only a couple of guys will recognize you when you're wearing it.

I actually got that dongle by accident when she and a bodyguard were going into the lab round the back end, where the seaplane is. I eventually got a scientist disguise through supreme fuckery (taking out one who barely wandered away) and used the dongle method, but it was extremely convoluted. Haven't even found the morgue and chapel yet so good to know these offer better options in later playthroughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea easiest way to roam free in the biolab is to get a hazard suit. If you start with a scientists disguise its pretty easy to slip into the tunnel right before the lab, and there's a little locker room in there with a hazard suit. Once you have that there's very few people who will be able to recognize you.