Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I don't think Ryan Kinnaird has drawn anything SFW in his entire life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't they have to rebrand that mini to the MAX imprint for the last 2 issues because of that?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaz-L posted:

Though, to answer the actual question, it's actually harder than you'd think, mostly because the conceit would prevent you from having much in the way of recurring cast or even standing sets, making the show very expensive compared to other ideas.
The quick and Dirty solution to that is to turn it into Batvatar: the Best Bonebender and have Brucie train (and eventually defeat) the DCU's best fighters. Stick with a locale for a season then mix it up.

With Zatanna as the plucky sidekick/protector.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Green Lantern, Steel, and Mary Marvel designs for Gods & Monsters season two.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So that Green Lantern is still Abin Sur? That's cool.

And I see they're going Iron Patriot on Steel.

Mary Marvel being basically Misty Knight is cool too.

It's all cool. Bruce Timm is cool. More stuff from Bruce Timm, forever and ever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is Steel Iron Patriot?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's a black guy in power armor. It made sense.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not sure if that's Abin Sur. It could be just about anything--maybe a Martian, maybe Saint Walker, or, hell, it kind of looks like Kanjar Ro.

I like all of the old Steel--Hank Heywood, now called Commander Steel--stuff they merged into that Steel design. I don't know if they're going to do a full conceptual merge (and make Irons into a cyborg) or what, but it's a :coal: note in the design.

And I just checked, and it turns out that Vixen's given name is Mari. Kind of hoping the Lantern is a Martian and the lady is Mari Marvel, so we get an out-of-nowhere Angry Adult Cartoon Superheroes take on the Detroit Justice League.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

When Mari Marvel yells SHAZAM! she gets the cunning of a Shark, the flight of a Hawk, the strength of an Ant, the speed of Zebra, the toughness of an Armadillo, and the agility of a Monkey!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That is brilliant. :golfclap:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Die Laughing posted:

When Mari Marvel yells SHAZAM! she gets the cunning of a Shark, the flight of a Hawk, the strength of an Ant, the speed of Zebra, the toughness of an Armadillo, and the agility of a Monkey!

Well I'm sold.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Die Laughing posted:

Gonna be super disappointed if this isn't the schtick.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Die Laughing posted:

Are sharks all that cunning? I thought they mostly just moved towards where the smelled blood and bit things.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Would you prefer a snake?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Her weaknesses are getting punched in the nose and being turned upside down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

Would you prefer a snake?
Absolutely.

Trust me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

Her weaknesses are getting punched in the nose and being turned upside down.

A lot of people have those weaknesses!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Phy posted:

A lot of people have those weaknesses!

Okay this is a good post. :3:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Absolutely.

Trust me.

I wanted to include an aquatic animal, but now it's cunning of a Snake. Jake was my favorite as a kid.

I was just trying to come up with one for a Black Adam character with Shark, Hornet, Alligator, but then I got to Zorilla and decided I was really reaching.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 30, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on man, that one was written in the stars.

The Rock is playing Black Adam in the Shazam movie. One of The Rock's many nicknames is the Brahma Bull. The Brahma is a breed of Zebu.

(Though they're not particularly noted for their wisdom.)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The power of a zord, the mightiest animals.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Stop it, Squizzle! You already got me to do a animal themed SHAZAM, I'm not going to do a giant robot version. Something like Geoff Johns Flashpoint Captain Thunder, but with a huge robot.

EDIT: There's no sentai/Power Ranger shows with A names. I'm going outside before I do a Transformers SHAZAM.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 30, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A Megazord is already basically robot Shazam.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Die Laughing posted:

EDIT: There's no sentai/Power Ranger shows with A names. I'm going outside before I do a Transformers SHAZAM.

Abaranger and Akibaranger.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Firepower of SuperMechagodzilla, durability of Hedora, bravery of Anguirus, size of Zone Fighter, speed of the Atragon, compassion of Mothra.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dexie posted:

Abaranger and Akibaranger.

Also AkaRed.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't sure what best picture thread was best, but this is the best loving Superman costume I've ever goddamn seen:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 1, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's certainly what Superman is known for. Shoulder knives.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

muscles like this? posted:

That's certainly what Superman is known for. Shoulder knives.

Costume Thread: Superman is known for his shoulder knives

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"What's the S stand for?
"Shoulderknives!"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Travis343 posted:

Firepower of SuperMechagodzilla, durability of Hedora, bravery of Anguirus, size of Zone Fighter, speed of the Atragon, compassion of Mothra.

I thought this was going to be the goon Shazam for a harrowing second.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The smugness of Žižek

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except this is supposed to be a cataclysmic ice age. So she'd have to do doing it, like, all of the time.

Apparently in the original story she'd be the one to unfuck the climate, but she'd die in the process.
I kind of want Storm to not be a super heroine, but be this literal Goddess who controls weather on a global scale and spends all her time negotiating with world governments and other entities.

Like she's generally trying to create the most ideal global climate, but obviously not everyone's going to be happy. So, she's constantly having to negotiate with different countries and industries and conservation groups.

I would read 60 issues of this. There could be some intrigue to spice things up and Kitty can be her assistant.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Timeless Appeal posted:

Like she's generally trying to create the most ideal global climate, but obviously not everyone's going to be happy. So, she's constantly having to negotiate with different countries and industries and conservation groups.
The Intrigue comes from the fact that the entire world can't be Los Angeles style weather. We need permafrost zones. And making some areas more temperate would do crazy poo poo like spread mosquito borne disease.

It would be pretty fun to read about the unintended consequences though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's what the X-Man who can control bugs is for.

There's probably an X-Man who can control bugs. If not Ant-Man is probably available.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

There's probably an X-Man who can control bugs.
Just give your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man a call!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Remember when this thread used to be about costumes? (This derail's pretty entertaining, though).

A Jack Kirby redesign for Cap in case Marvel lost the rights for the original design to Joe Simon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's bad.

Yeah, I said it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

That's bad.

Yeah, I said it.

I'll say it too, that is a bad costume.

Adbot