Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Hound and Ian McShane enter King's Landing and talk about how they're going to put an end to Gregor's unnatural life. As they're doing this Robert Strong walks by and cleaves them in two without turning his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It sounds like 'secondary' means unnamed character. From the leak, it sounds like Gregor kills basically the equivalent of one of those King's Landing peasants he was hacking apart in his first scene as Halfthor.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not correct, D&D have been on record for years saying that they were hoping to do 7 seasons.

Though I bet they did expect another book by now but they didn't account for GRRM being an absolute fucker.

The producers have been saying 7 since the beginning, and then around March of last year HBO started pushing for 10 and D&D started going "ehhh, maybe we could do 8." They're clearly going maximum wheel spinning here with maybe Jon Snow's plot being the only one to significantly go past the books by the end of the season despite the fact that they were 90% of the way through the books at the end of last year. Maybe they'll get to the Battle of Mereen too, which is probably at the beginning of WoW.

And I guess Bran but who could give a poo poo?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

It sounds like 'secondary' means unnamed character. From the leak, it sounds like Gregor kills basically the equivalent of one of those King's Landing peasants he was hacking apart in his first scene as Halfthor.

yeah apparently he kills a peasant who is talking poo poo about the queen

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

The producers have been saying 7 since the beginning, and then around March of last year HBO started pushing for 10 and D&D started going "ehhh, maybe we could do 8." They're clearly going maximum wheel spinning here with maybe Jon Snow's plot being the only one to significantly go past the books by the end of the season despite the fact that they were 90% of the way through the books at the end of last year. Maybe they'll get to the Battle of Mereen too, which is probably at the beginning of WoW.

And I guess Bran but who could give a poo poo?

probably more for negotiating purposes tbqh

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Euron killing Balon instead of a faceless man makes sense I guess since they need to introduce him as a badass and near as I can tell the faceless men don't actually have any plans of their own on the show apart from being a plot device to train Arya.

I mean unless they show up with Sam at old town this season they're just kinda there to be Arya's Master Yoda and then presumably we'll never see them again once she's done with that

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The whole point of the young Ned flashback this episode will be to introduce Lyanna to the audience, so that when they do the tower of joy, the show watchers will understand that the woman lying on a bed of blood is Lyanna without the need to disturb the scene by Ned going "Oh, you are my sister Lyanna, who was promised to marry Robert Baratheon and was abducted by Rhaegar Targaryen."

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

GaussianCopula posted:

The whole point of the young Ned flashback this episode will be to introduce Lyanna to the audience, so that when they do the tower of joy, the show watchers will understand that the woman lying on a bed of blood is Lyanna without the need to disturb the scene by Ned going "Oh, you are my sister Lyanna, who was promised to marry Robert Baratheon and was abducted by Rhaegar Targaryen."

Let's be honest, they'll do both.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

galagazombie posted:

Let's be honest, they'll do both.

They didn't cast a young Rhaegar, after all.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

by NedBran going "Oh, you are my sisterAunt Lyanna, who was promised to marry Robert Baratheon and was abducted by Rhaegar Targaryen."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Promise me, Ned Stark (Sean Bean from season 1.) Promise me you'll pretend Jon Snow is your bastard child and not Targaryen's. Dies.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ague Proof posted:

Promise me, Ned Stark (Sean Bean from season 1.) Promise me you'll pretend Jon Snow is your bastard child and not Targaryen's, for otherwise my betrothed, the future king Robert Baratheon, your best friend, would kill him (my son) as he (my son) was fathered by his (his being future king Robert Baratheon) mortal enemy, Rhaegar Targaryen's (who FYI did not kidnap me, we ran off together). Dies.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Nah Littlefinger will just explain it to us

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Lloyd Boner posted:

Nah Littlefinger will just explain it to us

You're right, that does make sense.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want to see what happened with the Iron Bank. Everyone with a brain in Westeros (ie. not Cersei) is poo poo their pants afraid of the Iron Bank because if you don't pay they will fund your opponent in the war and blablabla. Yet they funded Stannis' cause and he got Dave Hilled, and he left absolutely no one to make good his debt but Davos, who is currently with the Night Watch.

Is the Iron Bank going to fund the White Walkers?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
they were presented as competent in some fashion at some point, so they're clearly just getting the shaft in this situation

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Iron bank should just kill all the sell swords Stannis hired that ran away since technically its their fault they aren't getting their money back

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I believe it's safe to assume that the Iron Bank is currently on a row boat with Gendry. Money and politics are far to complicated when you can have tits, dragons and assassinations.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Maybe the iron bank will end up bankrolling resurrected Jon Snow's campaign to boot out the Boltons or something.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

Maybe the iron bank will end up bankrolling resurrected Jon Snow's campaign to boot out the Boltons or something.

The Iron Bank has no direct conflict with the Boltons, they supported Stannis because he, in contrast to the Lannisters, told them that he would honor the Iron Thrones debt. They could of course bankroll the Sand Bitches in their campaign.

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

zVxTeflon posted:

The Iron bank should just kill all the sell swords Stannis hired that ran away since technically its their fault they aren't getting their money back

The Iron Bank should fund the Iron Islands. Gurm is always wearing that "We Do Not Sow" t-shirt because they win in the end

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dragon fyre cant melt iron islands

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The iron bank is funding behind Ramsay and the Sand Snakes. Since nobody is going to pay then anything, they just want to gently caress everything up in westeros

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FuhrerHat posted:

dragon fyre cant melt iron islands

True. They must have stored wildfire in Harrenhal's foundations.

source: Harren the black.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
If Bran is the only one who is a proper warg in the show, how will Arya beat off the Waif/Kindly Man while she's blind? Or will they open that up for her?

Jorah getting greyscale could mean that he brings it as a plague to Westeros, or it could just be the showrunners copy pasting something that happens in the books to someone else on the show. For what purpose? It may have none.

Where is Littlefinger? Is he gonna just not be around for 8 episodes until he shows up with an army in the North? I guess the North is gonna look pretty loving weak if they can't even overthrow the Bolton's all by themselves. So much for all that Northern pride and poo poo.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mike N Eich posted:

If Bran is the only one who is a proper warg in the show, how will Arya beat off the Waif/Kindly Man while she's blind? Or will they open that up for her?

Daredevil techniques

Mike N Eich posted:

Jorah getting greyscale could mean that he brings it as a plague to Westeros, or it could just be the showrunners copy pasting something that happens in the books to someone else on the show. For what purpose? It may have none.

Probably the later

Mike N Eich posted:

Where is Littlefinger? Is he gonna just not be around for 8 episodes until he shows up with an army in the North? I guess the North is gonna look pretty loving weak if they can't even overthrow the Bolton's all by themselves. So much for all that Northern pride and poo poo.

Yeap

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God that Ramsay stuff is so stupid it's hard to comprehend how someone can think that's good

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I always got the impression that Leto's golden path was all about breeding prescience defying special powers into humanity thus preventing the ultimate tyranny of the Bene Gesserit, the Guild and the Tleilaxu?

How off was I?
I think it was broader in the sense that no single event could threaten to destroy all of humanity. That involved the ability to hide from prescience as well as the Scattering, which saw humanity ( and other races ) spread across the universe.

MrSlam posted:

:eng101: it was also about shaping human culture and society to value personal independence and freedom over bowing to tyrannical political systems, and create a military caste that is less prone to preying on society or attempting to usurp control from the populace in a way that would survive thousands of years of new history
I don't think those were golden path elements - they were important parts of his rule ( eg Female warriors) , but I got the impression that much of his rule was designed to create a stagnant situation that would later fuel the Scattering. Could be wrong though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I hope they include Stannis/Melisandre blood-cursing Balon Greyjoy in the Previously On segment. It's only been, like, 3 years since that happened. R'hllor's curses sure can be meandering, can't they?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

God that Ramsay stuff is so stupid it's hard to comprehend how someone can think that's good

Well,

feeding a newborn baby to the dogs is probably their latest attempt to shock the audience. If you already had castration, rape, flaying and hunting humans, it's the only logical consequence really.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It'd be out of character for Ramsay to waste so much good meat.

Apoplexy posted:

I hope they include Stannis/Melisandre blood-cursing Balon Greyjoy in the Previously On segment. It's only been, like, 3 years since that happened. R'hllor's curses sure can be meandering, can't they?

Theon's castration (or Balon's box) neutralised Melisandre's death leech magic. We know from Varys' backstory that there's magic fire power in your dick getting chopped off and it appeases Rhllor. If Tyrion had followed through with his threat to Joffrey then he could have survived. The magic in ASOIAF is very obscure and centred around dicks, by Preston Jacobs.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo. South Park was right: It's all weiners.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Ague Proof posted:

It'd be out of character for Ramsay to waste so much good meat.

Theon's castration (or Balon's box) neutralised Melisandre's death leech magic. We know from Varys' backstory that there's magic fire power in your dick getting chopped off and it appeases Rhllor. If Tyrion had followed through with his threat to Joffrey then he could have survived. The magic in ASOIAF is very obscure and centred around dicks, by Preston Jacobs.

Rhllor needs to assume fleshform and become a sex change surgeon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GaussianCopula posted:

Well,

feeding a newborn baby to the dogs is probably their latest attempt to shock the audience. If you already had castration, rape, flaying and hunting humans, it's the only logical consequence really.

Only if they show it. If they show some cgi/doll baby being ripped apart by a bunch of bored looking dogs with stock sound effects. It might work.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For all his faults GRRM is good at nuance. The series has stopped using nuance since the end of Season 4.

How so? Nuance... was the show ever subtle? To me the show doesn't seem like it's had any major change in style or tone like that since season 5 in particular.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TEAH SYAG posted:

Rhllor needs to assume fleshform and become a sex change surgeon

Rhllor is just a beholder with dicks instead of eyes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

People who still think Game of Thrones is good this season: cucked

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So between 5x05 and this episode I guess 6-9 months or so has passed because of the pregnancy but also Jon Snow has been dead for two days.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Mike N Eich posted:

So that he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Subvisual Haze posted:

Nobody is immortal and if Roose was half as intelligent as fandom gives him credit for he should have gotten rid of Ramsey long ago.

True for most characters, but Roose is actually a skin-changing immortal vampire thingy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MO2Yb2OJ6Q

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 2, 2016

• Locked thread