Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Carbon dioxide posted:

Aren't magnetic tapes commonly used by large internet companies for data backups, because while they're slow as hell, they last way way longer than discs of any kind, and are a relatively compact way of storing data? I think Google has these huge warehoused of tapes with robots automatically loading/unloading them into a data recorder.

If what you said is true, that sounds like a serious problem for those backup solutions.

There are still places that use stuff like vacuum tubes and whatever for various reasons too. But yeah, magentic tape backup is absurdly reliable until the tape starts to fall apart. I'm pretty sure tape is also pretty cheap. It's stupidly slow but for data on the level of "we absolutely must keep a copy of this in existence" having a tape backup or two is pretty much foolproof. You have to deliberately sabotage it to gently caress up a tape backup if you're using it right. Just swap the tapes out when they get to the end of their lifespan and it's effectively a perfect backup.

Reading it is slower than reading a hard drive but you know. The other thing is that if you physically damage part of a CD or a harddrive you've probably hosed the whole thing irrevocably. If you damage a physical part of a tape you can generally read the rest of it. I think so, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One time in my life I recovered stuff off a CD that literally had a hole punched in it. It was a small hole, but it was stable enough to spin without blowing up. ISO9660 had the directory first so i could recoever everything that wasn't in the path of the hole. Not worth it btw.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Backup tapes get stored in climate controlled vaults, such as in old salt mines.

The big reasons they're used is longevity as said and cost, tapes are incredibly cheap compared to other media

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah inside a mountain they're solid. They're not solid at all in a pile on the floor and on top of an old crt TV.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Your Gay Uncle posted:

After reading about all the Mongolian shenanigans I wouldn't be surprised if one day China just rolled carpet bombed the entire country one day , just to make sure they don't ever try that poo poo again.

That would probably just piss them off.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hence the wall.

I mean the opposite of same

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yeah inside a mountain they're solid. They're not solid at all in a pile on the floor and on top of an old crt TV.

now imagine how bad they are in a new orleans warehouse, say around 2005

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Snapchat A Titty posted:

One time in my life I recovered stuff off a CD that literally had a hole punched in it. It was a small hole, but it was stable enough to spin without blowing up. ISO9660 had the directory first so i could recoever everything that wasn't in the path of the hole. Not worth it btw.

Was this a discman style drive with the bearings or did it not wobble itself off on a normal drive?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Alhazred posted:

The word "molotov cocktail" was originally a joke. During the winter war Soviet foreign minister Vyacheslav Molotov claimed that the bombs they were dropping on the FInns were actually airborne humanitarian food deliveries. The Finns called these bombs for "molotov bread baskets". When they hurled the homemade firebombs at the Soviet forces they called them "molotov cocktalis", a drink to go with the "food".

Speaking of Molotov and Finland, At one point in late 1939 he, his German counterpart Ribbentrop, and Hitler himself were meeting in Berlin and came up with the idea to propose the Soviet Union joining the Tripartite pact (basically the Axis powers). Got so far as to telegram a proposed treaty to Stalin, but the whole thing fell apart when Hitler didn't want to let the Soviets have Finland.

People like to imagine what WW2 would have been like if Hitler hadn't broken the nonaggression pact and invaded the USSR, imagine what would have happened if they had been actual allies.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

As Nero Danced posted:

Speaking of Molotov and Finland, At one point in late 1939 he, his German counterpart Ribbentrop, and Hitler himself were meeting in Berlin and came up with the idea to propose the Soviet Union joining the Tripartite pact (basically the Axis powers). Got so far as to telegram a proposed treaty to Stalin, but the whole thing fell apart when Hitler didn't want to let the Soviets have Finland.

People like to imagine what WW2 would have been like if Hitler hadn't broken the nonaggression pact and invaded the USSR, imagine what would have happened if they had been actual allies.

Hitler's entire racial policy hinged on declaring the Slavs subhuman and taking their land for Germans to colonize. Him making a permanent alliance with the Soviets is about as likely as him deciding the Jews are totally cool.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LostCosmonaut posted:

Hitler's entire racial policy hinged on declaring the Slavs subhuman and taking their land for Germans to colonize. Him making a permanent alliance with the Soviets is about as likely as him deciding the Jews are totally cool.

Yeah Hitler, Stalin, and literally everybody else knew that that non-aggression pact would never, ever last. Even if that did happen, even if Germany and Italy didn't lose, the Axis Powers were guaranteed to fall apart based solely on each nation's goal of "conquer the gently caress out of absolutely everybody else." Germany and Japan got along because they were just so far apart though they'd have expanded into each other eventually. Germany and Italy got along largely because Mussolini was an incompetent cartoon character who posed no real threat. Ally of convenience, if you will.

You can't really ally with a guy like Hitler and people like the Nazis without just assuming you'll have to fight them eventually.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I imagine such an agreement would have, at best, merely staved off war between the two a little longer. They deffo wouldn't have acted like buddies or helped each other out in any meaningful way. Hitler was mad hell-bent on smashing the USSR and kinda staked a lot on that.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I never said it would be a permanent alliance, I just meant it would be one one that would supply his war in west Europe. Even then, one of the big parts of the tripartite pact was splitting the world up into different spheres of influence so they wouldn't run into each other. Hitler didn't want Stalin setting up shop in/near Scandinavia, which is why that proposal fell apart.

As Nero Danced has a new favorite as of 03:08 on May 1, 2016

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The invasion of Western Europe by the Allies would have failed utterly and completely if it were not for the fact that most of the German army was dealing with the Soviets. This is not to say the Germans could have invaded the US or the UK successfully - simply that fighting a defensive war in France would have been well within the capabilities of the German military.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Then Germany goes up in nuclear fireballs.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Aren't magnetic tapes commonly used by large internet companies for data backups, because while they're slow as hell, they last way way longer than discs of any kind, and are a relatively compact way of storing data? I think Google has these huge warehoused of tapes with robots automatically loading/unloading them into a data recorder.

If what you said is true, that sounds like a serious problem for those backup solutions.

Generally speaking, yes, pretty much any magnetic tape format can be susceptible to shedding once it reaches a certain age. And while the more recent tape formulations are a little bit more resistant than their older cousins, it's also highly dependent on storage conditions. Companies that make heavy use of tape backup systems usually go the extra mile and store those tapes in a very tightly controlled environment, which makes all the difference in the world. As long as they're stored in the proper (climate controlled) fashion those tapes should last as long as they need to; had the tapes I was talking about in my last post been stored under the same conditions (instead of being left in a musty storage room in the basement of the record label's building for several decades) they would still be playable to this day. And like titty mentioned, any kind of digital format (whether it's data backup or just simple audio or video recording) uses error correction so even moderate losses can be recovered fairly easily.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you damage a physical part of a tape you can generally read the rest of it. I think so, at least.

You absolutely can. Just cut out the damaged portion, splice the tape back together and you're good to go. Granted you lose whatever was on the damaged section, but it's better than losing everything.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

As Nero Danced posted:

Are you sure? I know the situation was more complex than usually presented but it's always been my understanding that Hitler was definitely willing to put Finland in the Soviet Sphere, though viewing the Soviets as inevitable competition down the line, but later it was the Soviet's extremely poor performance on their end of the attempted conquest of Finland that swayed Germany otherwise. During the initial stages Germany was willing to honor co-operative blockades against Finland and Sweden was strongly encouraged to not intervene more directly even if Germany was otherwise unimpressed by the sudden Baltic invasions. As a side note Finns, by the estimates of eugenicists and the like, were definitely not Aryan/Germanic/Scandinavian but rather a lesser people so there were no objections based on nazi ideology (though Finns were given honorary status when the two became co-belligerents later on iirc). Nonetheless it seemed from their sour performance like the USSR was 'a rotten door waiting to be kicked down' so Germany adjusted its long-term/short-term plans accordingly, incorrectly anticipating a USSR that would collapse faster than Britain.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Strangely enough back in the day movies in color were seen as being less realistic than black and white films because since color was quite expensive it was mostly reserved for epics and musicals while more realistic, and cheaper, films usually used black and white. Battle of Algiers(1966) even purposefully used the grainiest black and white film they could find to imitate raw newsreel footage. The film starts with text telling you that not a single shot of news or stock footage was used for the film, it really is just that realistic.

Everyone should watch Battle of Algiers, it's fantastic and also deals with the dickishness of the French. Also some of the heroes are literally Muslim suicide bombers.

Battle of Algiers is an amazing film. In related news, here's an article by Adam Curtis on the recent history of counterinsurgency. It starts with the battle for Algerian independence and is chock full of fun historical facts that just make you go :psyduck: like the CIA playing board games to test their theories before applying them to the Vietnamese population.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/entries/93073500-9459-3bbb-a3e5-cde7a1cc2559

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

hard counter posted:

Are you sure? I know the situation was more complex than usually presented but it's always been my understanding that Hitler was definitely willing to put Finland in the Soviet Sphere, though viewing the Soviets as inevitable competition down the line, but later it was the Soviet's extremely poor performance on their end of the attempted conquest of Finland that swayed Germany otherwise. During the initial stages Germany was willing to honor co-operative blockades against Finland and Sweden was strongly encouraged to not intervene more directly even if Germany was otherwise unimpressed by the sudden Baltic invasions. As a side note Finns, by the estimates of eugenicists and the like, were definitely not Aryan/Germanic/Scandinavian but rather a lesser people so there were no objections based on nazi ideology (though Finns were given honorary status when the two became co-belligerents later on iirc). Nonetheless it seemed from their sour performance like the USSR was 'a rotten door waiting to be kicked down' so Germany adjusted its long-term/short-term plans accordingly, incorrectly anticipating a USSR that would collapse faster than Britain.

They had agreed previously that Finland belonged to the Soviets, but they kept finding German troops in Finland. The proposal that the Soviets sent back to Berlin November 17 said in article one that German troops should be withdrawn immediately from Finland. Operation Barbarossa was drafted less than a month later. Another thing that didn't help was Stalin's purges of military officers during the 30s, so by the time the Red Army had to do anything it was in lovely shape.

Granted, I really doubt Hitler would have never invaded Russia, but he was definitely making plans to push it further down the road.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The thing we cant loose sight of is that the Finns were fuckin nazi lovers, and we can never let them forget that.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

As Nero Danced posted:

They had agreed previously that Finland belonged to the Soviets, but they kept finding German troops in Finland. The proposal that the Soviets sent back to Berlin November 17 said in article one that German troops should be withdrawn immediately from Finland. Operation Barbarossa was drafted less than a month later. Another thing that didn't help was Stalin's purges of military officers during the 30s, so by the time the Red Army had to do anything it was in lovely shape.

Granted, I really doubt Hitler would have never invaded Russia, but he was definitely making plans to push it further down the road.

I can see where you're coming from now, we're just arguing from slightly different points in 1940. The Russian offensive in Finland was from Nov to March '39-'40, a 3 month mini-war during which Germany blocked Franco-British intervention by pressuring Norway and Sweden to remain staunchly and strictly neutral - to the point where Sweden was told to end even humanitarian aid near its closing stages. A naval blockade of international arrivals was also supported by Germany. The failure of Tripartite Pact you're talking about was in Nov '40, 8 months after the war had been concluded and the balance of international relations had shifted since then.

bongwizzard posted:

The thing we cant loose sight of is that the Finns were fuckin nazi lovers, and we can never let them forget that.

P. much. As Finland sought to better previously distant ties with Germany in mid-40 criticisms of Germany were censored in the press (the nazis loved this) and a former PM was made ambassador to Berlin iirc. German foreign ministry representatives started visiting around the time France folded and in August German arms dealers were making trips - eventually instead of using Swedish ports for troop transfers to Norway they were using Finnish ports and a formalized troop transfer agreement was made - it seemed like Germany was infringing on the Soviet's Sphere of influence now. It was at this point where Germany was willing to strain its relations with the USSR over a tiny potential ally, albeit one with a favorable staging area, for a war they were going to eventually wage anyway.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Mr. Belpit posted:

I imagine such an agreement would have, at best, merely staved off war between the two a little longer. They deffo wouldn't have acted like buddies or helped each other out in any meaningful way. Hitler was mad hell-bent on smashing the USSR and kinda staked a lot on that.

Some of my favorite books are What If? and What If? 2, and most of the counterfactuals about Germany winning (or similar) had nearly identical boilerplates about how, fundamentally, this or that would never happen because Hitler was so dedicated to certain actions that he'd never ever choose the alternatives.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

bongwizzard posted:

With good reason. The Germans were to the Finns, prior to the end of WW2, what the French are to the Americans. The Germans armed, trained, and organized the Whites against the Reds. Without German intervention, Finland would've ended up as a ASSR of the Soviet Union before WW2.

Even though Germany came very close to selling the Finns to the Soviets, in the end, it was the Finns who were forced to abandon the Germans. Finland got off waaaay cheaper than virtually every other Axis nation, excepting maybe Thailand. I would say that the sole reason they did was their very strong performance during the Winter War. Had it been over in just a few weeks, the Finns would've ended up being an SSR of the Soviet Union.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A White Guy posted:

Had it been over in just a few weeks, the Finns would've ended up being an SSR of the Soviet Union.

not if Simo Hayha had anything to say about it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

Dude was pretty good at shooting Soviets.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A White Guy posted:

With good reason. The Germans were to the Finns, prior to the end of WW2, what the French are to the Americans.

Why did the Finns think the Germans were dirty?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

He stopped being relevant the day he decided to stop a bullet with his face. :smuggo:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the war ended a week later, the day he woke up so i guess technically?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
In 1833 Finland unsuccessfully fought to include a reindeer on its national postage stamp.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the war ended a week later, the day he woke up so i guess technically?

Coincidence? Or the Soviets saying "He's back? gently caress it then."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Aug 25, 2018

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

rock rock posted:

Why did the Finns think the Germans were dirty?

No saunas.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Byzantine posted:

Then Germany goes up in nuclear fireballs.

Germanys air defence capabilities were so much more advanced than Japans that it was never going to be a viable target. Germanys policy on hostile aircraft was to scramble fighters and intercept immediately, and if that failed to use ground based air defences to down the aircraft. They wanted any sort of information or equipment (in the form of captured pilots/aircraft) that might give them an 'edge' and were prepared to do anything to obtain it. If they hadn't been at war with the Soviet Union those air defences would have been even stronger.

Japan on the other hand, particularly in 1945, had such little aviation fuel that fighters were only scrambled to attack incoming bombing raids and almost never for recon aircraft. In the weeks leading up to the bombing of Hiroshima the USAAF flew dozens of sorties over various Japanese cities consisting of only 2 - 4 aircraft and never dropping any bombs, partly to test Japanese reactions but also to trick them into thinking these missions weren't 'hostile'. Even on the day of the first bomb being dropped air raid warnings went off in several Japanese cities but in most were simply turned off again as these aircraft weren't deemed to be a threat. Even air raid gunners didn't bother firing on them to conserve their ammunition. When Japanese intelligence officers reached Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the days after the bombings they were astounded by how many eye witnesses could correctly identify the number and type of aircraft, having assumed that it must have been a raid by a far larger number of aircraft.

The aircraft itself (the B29) was far better suited to the Pacific theatre than the Japanese one as well. Few airfields in England could accommodate a B29 being mostly WW1-era grass fields, absolutely fine for a Spitfire or a Mosquito but not much use for anything bigger. The flat ground of Guam made the construction of a paved runway relatively straightforward, it's other advantages being more favourable weather and being more or less out of range of enemy attack. That's not to say that B29s didn't operate in Europe as they did, but not in large numbers as in the Pacific.

The bomb itself was an issue as well. Although the tests in the Nevada Desert had showed that the concept worked Hiroshima was the first time the bomb would be dropped over a plane, potentially whilst being attacked, and over territory vastly different to a desert. There were such serious concerns that it would simply fail to go off that the target they were originally planning to attack was a Japanese naval base in New Guinea. The plan was that if the bomb didn't detonate it would sink into deep water and make salvage more or less impossible for the Japanese, and the USAAF would flatten the place with conventional bombs afterwards anyway.

So in a nutshell: an atomic raid against Germany in the summer of 1945 would have been possible as the Allies had complete air superiority. If the Germans hadn't been at war with the Soviet Union it would be unlikely that they would have had the same dominance in the same time period; combine that with Germanys policy of trying to shoot down anything that flew and a far more sophisticated observation network (it's far easier to spot aircraft coming over a thousand miles of land than a thousand miles of sea) and it becomes a very tricky prospect, to say the least.

The only way an atomic raid would have worked against a far stronger Germany would have been a large scale bombing raid, using B29s and specially constructed runways (which would be harassed constantly by German raids during their construction). You then run the risk of the plane carrying the bomb being shot down or crashing, either detonating the bomb in the air - and wiping out a few hundred B29s in the process - or potentially gifting an atomic bomb to the Germans. And the more raids that are undertaken the greater the risk of either of those things happening.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

This is mostly way too alt history to meaningfully respond to but all of the 8th AF's heavies operated off of hardball fields that could have easily accommodated a B-29; the B-29 could have flown above German surveillance radar detection ceilings, generally speaking the Luftwaffe didn't try to intercept single aircraft raids, and atomic bombs don't work like that.

bewbies has a new favorite as of 15:56 on May 2, 2016

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

duckmaster posted:

The only way an atomic raid would have worked against a far stronger Germany would have been a large scale bombing raid, using B29s and specially constructed runways (which would be harassed constantly by German raids during their construction). You then run the risk of the plane carrying the bomb being shot down or crashing, either detonating the bomb in the air - and wiping out a few hundred B29s in the process - or potentially gifting an atomic bomb to the Germans. And the more raids that are undertaken the greater the risk of either of those things happening.

Wouldn't the allies just prioritise rocket development, in that case?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

When Mao visited Soviet in 1949 Stalin had special toilets installed in order to secretly collect and analyze Mao's excrement. If they for example found high levels of Tryptophan the conclusion was that that person was calm and approachable. The result of the analyzes of Mao's excrement isn't known but Stalin refused to sign an agreement with him.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

duckmaster posted:

Germanys air defence capabilities were so much more advanced than Japans that it was never going to be a viable target. Germanys policy on hostile aircraft was to scramble fighters and intercept immediately, and if that failed to use ground based air defences to down the aircraft. They wanted any sort of information or equipment (in the form of captured pilots/aircraft) that might give them an 'edge' and were prepared to do anything to obtain it. If they hadn't been at war with the Soviet Union those air defences would have been even stronger.

Japan on the other hand, particularly in 1945, had such little aviation fuel that fighters were only scrambled to attack incoming bombing raids and almost never for recon aircraft. In the weeks leading up to the bombing of Hiroshima the USAAF flew dozens of sorties over various Japanese cities consisting of only 2 - 4 aircraft and never dropping any bombs, partly to test Japanese reactions but also to trick them into thinking these missions weren't 'hostile'. Even on the day of the first bomb being dropped air raid warnings went off in several Japanese cities but in most were simply turned off again as these aircraft weren't deemed to be a threat. Even air raid gunners didn't bother firing on them to conserve their ammunition. When Japanese intelligence officers reached Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the days after the bombings they were astounded by how many eye witnesses could correctly identify the number and type of aircraft, having assumed that it must have been a raid by a far larger number of aircraft.

The aircraft itself (the B29) was far better suited to the Pacific theatre than the Japanese one as well. Few airfields in England could accommodate a B29 being mostly WW1-era grass fields, absolutely fine for a Spitfire or a Mosquito but not much use for anything bigger. The flat ground of Guam made the construction of a paved runway relatively straightforward, it's other advantages being more favourable weather and being more or less out of range of enemy attack. That's not to say that B29s didn't operate in Europe as they did, but not in large numbers as in the Pacific.

The bomb itself was an issue as well. Although the tests in the Nevada Desert had showed that the concept worked Hiroshima was the first time the bomb would be dropped over a plane, potentially whilst being attacked, and over territory vastly different to a desert. There were such serious concerns that it would simply fail to go off that the target they were originally planning to attack was a Japanese naval base in New Guinea. The plan was that if the bomb didn't detonate it would sink into deep water and make salvage more or less impossible for the Japanese, and the USAAF would flatten the place with conventional bombs afterwards anyway.

So in a nutshell: an atomic raid against Germany in the summer of 1945 would have been possible as the Allies had complete air superiority. If the Germans hadn't been at war with the Soviet Union it would be unlikely that they would have had the same dominance in the same time period; combine that with Germanys policy of trying to shoot down anything that flew and a far more sophisticated observation network (it's far easier to spot aircraft coming over a thousand miles of land than a thousand miles of sea) and it becomes a very tricky prospect, to say the least.

lol

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

A White Guy posted:

With good reason. The Germans were to the Finns, prior to the end of WW2, what the French are to the Americans. The Germans armed, trained, and organized the Whites against the Reds. Without German intervention, Finland would've ended up as a ASSR of the Soviet Union before WW2.

It's understandable why they did what they did, but their punishment is to be teased about it in bars for at least an other generation or two.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Canada's Yukon territory was formalized in 1898. It still has only one city, Whitehorse.

It also has seven towns. The rest are municipalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa is responsible for the allies ending wwii as quickly as it did. You're welcome goons.