Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Andrew's facial expressions are the cutest thing :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Hooray! The drought is over!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell, I'm impressed enough that he managed to bust $100k in three days, never mind the winning streak.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hell, I'm impressed enough that he managed to bust $100k in three days, never mind the winning streak.

Yeah, even Phillip didn't manage to do that before he flamed out a couple months back, and everyone was really impressed with him.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Well, Andrew "Boom Boom" Pau is gone. All it took to beat him was someone finding and answering every single DD while also betting big. So essentially, someone had to play the perfect game to best him and they did. It's just a shame that the person's name has to be "Buzzy".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That and there being no geography categories.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Give him a red and white striped shirt and knit cap, and Buzzy is the spitting image of Waldo. He's already got the hair and glasses.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Apex Rogers posted:

Give him a red and white striped shirt and knit cap, and Buzzy is the spitting image of Waldo. He's already got the hair and glasses.

He reminds me of that guy from the MST3K short about electric appliances:

"Hello, mother, I'm back from the 20s."

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Buzzy - name and all - kind of feels like he's just popped out of a Leave it to Beaver episode.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

HookShot posted:

Buzzy - name and all - kind of feels like he's just popped out of a Leave it to Beaver episode.
This guy definitely likes hand tools and WWII reenactments

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I kinda wanted Jerry to win just so I could watch him emote more, but seeing angry Jerry get final wrong was worth it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
a novel written in the late 1800s in which blood is somehow critical to the plot

how do you get that wrong Jerry? you were supposed to be somebody

the nerds over on jboards were predicting a reign of dominance for Jerry that would make Matt Jackson look like a bitch (i see you zakharov)

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 27, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Soothing Vapors posted:

a novel written in the late 1800s in which blood is somehow critical to the plot

the nerds over on jboards were predicting a reign of dominance for Jerry that would make Matt Jackson look like a bitch (i see you zakharov)

:ssh:

Man, two cupcake Finals in a row.

Also, hahahah at jboard hyping Jerry to no end based on quiz bowl. I know Matt Jackson was really good but the games are entirely different.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 27, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Soothing Vapors posted:

zakharov posted:

Man, two cupcake Finals in a row.

For some reason, I completely blanked on this Final. Had utterly no idea at all. I'm just bad at literature clues, I guess.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol Jerry had missed a few sitters even before the Final, so not sure why

also he looked like a pudgier Wil Wheaton which was tripping me out

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
He just could not work that "Of The" movie title category at all, either.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
It's proof that there's so much luck involved in this game. If my name card had gotten randomly picked a day later I am certain I'd be $20k richer at least. You can study and prep and blah blah, but then you can just plum run into stuff you don't know and another dude does and he's an autistic miracle buzzer man.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

lol Jerry had missed a few sitters even before the Final, so not sure why

also he looked like a pudgier Wil Wheaton which was tripping me out

It was people who knew him from Quiz Bowl, where he apparently was even better than Matt Jackson. Lots of former Quiz Bowlers have been champs. And yet...

mennoknight posted:

It's proof that there's so much luck involved in this game. If my name card had gotten randomly picked a day later I am certain I'd be $20k richer at least. You can study and prep and blah blah, but then you can just plum run into stuff you don't know and another dude does and he's an autistic miracle buzzer man.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Sir Lemming posted:

He just could not work that "Of The" movie title category at all, either.

Yeah, when he missed it the second time my wife and I both yelled at him through our TV. I also thought he looked like Fat Wil Wheaton.

Vulture Culture posted:

This guy definitely likes hand tools and WWII reenactments

:colbert:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
As a person who also on a quiz show (that thankfully only aired on a cable station) managed to forget the category and gave two completely non-sensical answers, I can't fault Jerry too much for that one.

But at least I was like 17, so that's my excuse.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

HookShot posted:

It's a little ironic his last name's "Cohen," because he's pretty much already Barton Fink.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
:master: ^^^

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Wow I didn't think Final was THAT hard.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

This was like a Slumdog Millionaire moment for me and it's a shame it was wasted on the easiest FJ in recent memory :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxIJmUAudI&start=99

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zakharov posted:

Yeah, I got this one pretty drat quick. Buzzy still manages to pull off the win despite missing it though.

Anyway, was it just me, or did Ellen seem really twitchy on the podium and looked like she almost couldn't control herself when she missed Final? Maybe I was seeing too much because I watched this episode while super tired because of poor sleep...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 28, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zakharov posted:

Yeah, I got it and I completely whiffed on the apparently easy Dracula clue last night.

It's 'cause I like airplanes more than books :v:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I got this one pretty drat quick. Buzzy still manages to pull off the win despite missing it though.

Anyway, was it just me, or did Ellen seem really twitchy on the podium and looked like she almost couldn't control herself when she missed Final? Maybe I was seeing too much because I watched this episode while super tired because of poor sleep...
Nah, she definitely seemed super-nervous (she consciously stopped interjecting "ums" halfway through her interview), and she did look a little embarrassed at the end.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Buzzy luckboxes into another won after trailing all game

Gonna be the weakest TOC eligible champ ever

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

Buzzy luckboxes into another won after trailing all game

Gonna be the weakest TOC eligible champ ever
At the rate we've been going most of the season we're likely to have 2-game winners in it this year, so who even knows?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtyWD9QpFME

This was a surprise -- despite the original NBC run of Jeopardy lasting over 2000 episodes, there's only about a handful or so of episodes still in existence. When it was cancelled on NBC, Merv Griffin decided to try a syndicated version that managed to work in a much bigger budget. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time one of those syndicated episodes has been found and put online.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 1, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtyWD9QpFME

This was a surprise -- despite the original NBC run of Jeopardy lasting over 2000 episodes, there's only about a handful or so of episodes still in existence. When it was cancelled on NBC, Merv Griffin decided to try a syndicated version that managed to work in a much bigger budget. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time one of those syndicated episodes has been found and put online.

Cool. I like how fast they whipped those dollar cards out.

Ha! A Vega.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 1, 2016

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Buzzy Cohen is a time travelling thumb right?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He looks like a lesbian Ken Marino.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

It's a little ironic his last name's "Cohen," because he's pretty much already Barton Fink.
If he's a John Turturro character he better hope he's Barton Fink and not Guy from Quiz Show.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

CPColin posted:

He looks like a lesbian Ken Marino.

She wants to dip her balls in it!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hmm. The winner clearly misspelled the answer, and bet enough that it would've made a difference. Wonder if there will be any dispute over this. Especially when the category is Word Origins.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you mean 'panorama' vs 'panarama?'

eeeehhhhhh...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Hmm. The winner clearly misspelled the answer, and bet enough that it would've made a difference. Wonder if there will be any dispute over this. Especially when the category is Word Origins.

true, but the o in panorama is a schwa, so I can't see them docking any vowel there.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Bad wager, Lauren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I hate how because ooooh its the teacher's tournament Alex can't passively-agressively call them all morons for missing that FJ clue like he normally would because holy poo poo was that ever a $200 clue.