Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kay Kessler posted:

The Twilight Princess reaction was just embarrassing. People literally cried when they saw the trailer. As if they didn't get a console Zelda a year ago (and multiple handheld titles). One that was so much better than TP, at that. .

BUT CELDA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

The Twilight Princess reaction was just embarrassing. People literally cried when they saw the trailer. As if they didn't get a console Zelda a year ago (and multiple handheld titles). One that was so much better than TP, at that. .

Twilight Princess gave us Agitha as a playable character for Hyrule Warriors and I will never forgive them for this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Waffleman_ posted:

BUT CELDA!

The zelda cycle is a weird one. People hated Majora's Mask when it came out. Hail it as the best game now. Loved Twilight Princess when it came out. Hate it now. Hated Wind Waker, love it now. Though I don't think anything came between skyward sword that people loved for everyone to turn around on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Skyward Sword seems to be more divisive in general. Who knows, maybe we'll come to a consensus when Zelda U comes out.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This image is the closest we're going to get to artistic photography via screenshots.

Some reviewer gave Twilight Princess the low, low score of 8.8 upon release. People immediately wanted blood.

RareAcumen posted:

Twilight Princess gave us Agitha as a playable character for Hyrule Warriors and I will never forgive them for this.

Yeah, but on the other hand, we got Midna.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ramos posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand, we got Midna.

I will never forgive them for putting Agitha in Hyrule Warriors instead of one of the other cooler characters.

http://zeldawiki.org/Hero%27s_Spirit

http://zeldawiki.org/Dangoro

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

RareAcumen posted:

I will never forgive them for putting Agitha in Hyrule Warriors instead of one of the other cooler characters.

http://zeldawiki.org/Hero%27s_Spirit

http://zeldawiki.org/Dangoro

Neither of those are Groose, and as such, are wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NINTENDO LET THE GROOSE LOOSE

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That's because the cast is all of Link's girlfriends and his one gay fling with Darunia. The dude gets around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Then why is Saria not playable

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It got weird after Link hit puberty.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ramos posted:

That's because the cast is all of Link's girlfriends and his one gay fling with Darunia. The dude gets around.

Pictured: Link's girlfriend

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I scrolled past this thinking it was a screenshot.

Ninjas:

HGH has a new favorite as of 09:32 on May 1, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ramos posted:

Some reviewer gave Twilight Princess the low, low score of 8.8 upon release. People immediately wanted blood.

A game that nobody but press had played yet.

The score was still too high

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The 8.8 situation is child's play compared to a certain loving crazy forum.

You can skip most of this to read the very last line.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1sklmOR9E

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jeff gerstmann is a pretty cool guy.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

spwolf posted:

if your reviews constantly differ from the rest of the community, then you are simple not fit for the job

I am consistently amazed by how badly these gamers seem to actively want a homogenized corporate hellscape where Call of Duty is president of the United Nations and critics exist only to tell them that Assassin's Creed 24 is just as good as last month's Assassin's Creed 23.

e: It's almost as if they don't understand how opinions work.

Terrorforge has a new favorite as of 11:25 on May 1, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nuebot posted:

The zelda cycle is a weird one. People hated Majora's Mask when it came out. Hail it as the best game now. Loved Twilight Princess when it came out. Hate it now. Hated Wind Waker, love it now. Though I don't think anything came between skyward sword that people loved for everyone to turn around on.

I loved Majora's Mask when it came out and I love that now everyone else loves it too. I was right all along! It DOES hold up better than Ocarina of time!

I don't think peoples opinions on Skyward Sword are likely to change with time. It has some good parts, some REALLY good parts even, but it also has some bad parts and lots of annoying design choices and needless repetition.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Terrorforge posted:

I am consistently amazed by how badly these gamers seem to actively want a homogenized corporate hellscape where Call of Duty is president of the United Nations and critics exist only to tell them that Assassin's Creed 24 is just as good as last month's Assassin's Creed 23.

e: It's almost as if they don't understand how opinions work.

I feel it's something that has to do with gaming as a whole. The majority of gamers have very little in the way of critical thinking skills and get upset whenever something questions their idealized world where everything they like is flawless. Whether is be Anita Sarkeesian complaining about the sexism present in games (but generally only talking about the most obvious examples), to Roger Ebert claiming that games aren't art (which he later took back), to Jeff Gerstmann giving Twilight Princess an 8.8 (which he based on the system gamespot had been using since the 90s). This usually results in a storm of backlash that only simple-minded people with far too much time on their hands can create.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

I feel it's something that has to do with gaming as a whole. The majority of gamers have very little in the way of critical thinking skills and get upset whenever something questions their idealized world where everything they like is flawless. Whether is be Anita Sarkeesian complaining about the sexism present in games (but generally only talking about the most obvious examples), to Roger Ebert claiming that games aren't art (which he later took back), to Jeff Gerstmann giving Twilight Princess an 8.8 (which he based on the system gamespot had been using since the 90s). This usually results in a storm of backlash that only simple-minded people with far too much time on their hands can create.

I think you're mixing up majority and vocal minority.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

100% of people that identify as gamers are bad people.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

I think you're mixing up majority and vocal minority.

He's not, actually. Because

Internet Wizard posted:

100% of people that identify as gamers are bad people.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

They also still get up to it too.

https://twitter.com/relife_never/status/633953875905515520

https://twitter.com/PeerIGN/status/634038542616760320

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

HGH posted:

Ninjas:

Who is the third one?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Momohime from Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mikedawson posted:

I remember that people were literally rejoicing when Roger Ebert died because of his video games aren't art comment.

Speaking of the 8.8 Gate or whatever retarded name you want to give it I'm pretty sure Jim Sterling still to this day gets poo poo for giving Mario Kart 7 a 7.5. The comments section on his article for that was both hilarious and pathetic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am a gamer, I play video games on my personal computer and mobile phone. Here is fan art of one game that I like.

Furthermore, video games are art.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

1upclock posted:

Neither of those are Groose, and as such, are wrong.

Groose wasn't in Twilight Princess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gently caress YEAH.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Took me a moment.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
For those not in the know:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm glad that the Yellow Ranger isn't driving the car this time.

• Locked thread