Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

I didn't die, thankfully. I'll be on the lookout for Detonate Dead stuff in the future.

I've never gotten hooked by a Diablo clone this hard before.

At this point it's moved beyond clone and into outright spiritual sequel to Diablo 2. Getting into it now was great timing, the game has received a tonne of QoL changes that make playing much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I decided to make a thread for my Poisonquake build on the poe forums if anyone wants to take a look. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Ultima66 posted:

Also make no mistake you're only making this build because the Witch's animation for using a 2H Sword is good and no one ever gets to see it.

Speaking of Witch animations, the animation for a Witch opening a Vorici chest is downright :laffo:

(She sits down, props on her elbows, and pokes at the chest with her goddamn foot)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh yeah, forgot to share this with you all. I made a utility that's not terribly useful this late in the league (because stable economy and gstash and your own drops and...), but come the start of the next one should be more handy. I present to you: an easier way to know when you can get gems.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bscfzjjkFEgU-jpWhtdtn7ArZpH2eAMaD7Uyxb_O8bQ/edit#gid=0

Pop in a class + gem, get which quest/vendor will offer it to you, if any. It's just that simple. I made this because it's kind of a pain in the rear end to go through that giant table on the wiki (which I recreated in the next tab anyway :shepicide:) and because I was really bored at work a couple days ago.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Doctor Goat posted:

I didn't die, thankfully. I'll be on the lookout for Detonate Dead stuff in the future.

I've never gotten hooked by a Diablo clone this hard before.

Detonate dead can be cast on bosses. Always kill Kole's buddies before you kill him, because an exploding Kole corpse is almost always a one shot kill.

:ninja: edit: This is the worst with twinned alira in maps, if she detonates the other alira, you are dead.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Katasi posted:

:ninja: edit: This is the worst with twinned alira in maps, if she detonates the other alira, you are dead.

Does Alira being the caster actually change the damage? I imagine any boss being detonated in a map would be extremely lethal just due to all the damage increases from map mods + how boss health scales with map tier, it's just enemies with detonate dead are extremely rare in maps.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Count Uvula posted:

Does Alira being the caster actually change the damage? I imagine any boss being detonated in a map would be extremely lethal just due to all the damage increases from map mods + how boss health scales with map tier, it's just enemies with detonate dead are extremely rare in maps.

I said Alira specifically because she's the only map boss that I know of that has detonate dead, and, while not impossible, ending up with a detonate dead trash mob in a boss room would be crazy rare. There might be other cases where this is possible, but I'm fairly certain this is the most common one.

Edit: A boss that summons adds in a beyond map could possibly spawn Bameth, and that would be worse.

Katasi fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 30, 2016

Todo88
Apr 16, 2016

I'm looking for a good projectile build for Perandus Hardcore. Anyone have suggestions for me? I asked in Global and CoC+Blastrain and CoC+KB got brought up. Not looking for anything specifically, just something really fun and durable for HC. I'll be running Tabula, Goldrim, Wanderlust et al for quick leveling, so that shouldn't be too big of a probem

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655064

a cool sword

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
GG race strat: level as champion, respec to slayer in the final few minutes. Or whatever gives the largest position advantage.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Katasi posted:

I said Alira specifically because she's the only map boss that I know of that has detonate dead, and, while not impossible, ending up with a detonate dead trash mob in a boss room would be crazy rare. There might be other cases where this is possible, but I'm fairly certain this is the most common one.

Edit: A boss that summons adds in a beyond map could possibly spawn Bameth, and that would be worse.

Yeah, thanks to clearspeed meta, DD trash mobs tend to die well before the boss dies. Also, I don't think summoned adds give XP nor drop beyond portal orbs.

Budgie posted:

GG race strat: level as champion, respec to slayer in the final few minutes. Or whatever gives the largest position advantage.

Ascendancy respecs have been disabled for this event.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Oh, bugger.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Budgie posted:

Oh, bugger.

I imagine some people just won't ascend until last day of the race to make sure they're in the top 25. Also, there will the tally be more than 25 level 100 scions of people go hard.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you can go 99 levels without ascension and get ahead of people who do, then you deserve a demi's.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

funmanguy posted:

I imagine some people just won't ascend until last day of the race to make sure they're in the top 25. Also, there will the tally be more than 25 level 100 scions of people go hard.

This is a good idea.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

If you can go 99 levels without ascension and get ahead of people who do, then you deserve a demi's.

all famous streamers deserve demi's, agreed

J
Jun 10, 2001

soscannonballs posted:

I decided to make a thread for my Poisonquake build on the poe forums if anyone wants to take a look. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864

How does this build hold up versus physical reflect at an early-mediocre level of gear (say, 5l marohi or so) when you don't really have a decent weapon to switch to for an elemental EQ gem setup? Is it real bad or workable with all the endurance charges and a granite flask?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Physical reflect is no problem at lower gear levels, just swap out your Inc Aoe/Conc effect gem for Physical to Lightning, and if necessary swap out Melee Physical for Added Fire Damage.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Jesus christ Labyrinth is dangerous.

I'm up to King Kaom and I don't want to fight it because I don't know if it will instantly own me or whatever. The easy days of game-blind genre-blind hardcore have ended. :(

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mortimer posted:

all famous streamers deserve demi's, agreed

well, someone who can wrangle together 12 bitchboys to feed them maps and items is getting an easy 100 anyway, delayed ascension or no delayed ascension

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

Jesus christ Labyrinth is dangerous.

I'm up to King Kaom and I don't want to fight it because I don't know if it will instantly own me or whatever. The easy days of game-blind genre-blind hardcore have ended. :(

Kaom isn't bad if you don't let him leap slam you.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rip

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Yep, Daresso is orders of magnitude more dangerous than Kaom, especially for non-armor builds. Whatever your build or class, always bring a granite of iron skin flask when you fight Daresso.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I finished normal difficulty!

The closest I got to dying was in the Labyrinth where I swear my orb was empty for a second before I paniced out a town portal. Doedre was also really hard.

Piety's laser hurt like a bitch, but ticked slow enough not to be a problem!

edit:

all advice is welcome:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...rName=RangeGoat

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DrGoatMD/characters

i'm pretty survivable now outside of things like standing inside traps or lasers and i do pretty ok damage but i want to survive even more and damage way more

I need to move Frenzy into the bow and put nice stuff on it, I just got that 5l armor

right now my plan is to use the Drillneck once I can afford it using the Drillneck tree that's in https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 1, 2016

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
How active is the goon guild? I just got back into this after not having played since Forsaken Masters and my friends guild is 100% inactive so would be nice to have a place to stash 1 million scrolls of wisdom.

Also for all the QoL changes and improvement it still took me 20 minutes to find and reclaim my cosmetics. :mad:

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 1, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Foxhound posted:

How active is the goon guild? I just got back into this after not having played since Forsaken Masters and my friends guild is 100% inactive so would be nice to have a place to stash 1 million scrolls of wisdom.

Also for all the QoL changes and improvement it still took me 20 minutes to find and reclaim my cosmetics. :mad:

Super active at the start of every league. Active enough there'll probably still be 10 people on at most times of the day now.
The cosmetics thing is a loving hassle, but you can email support and they'll manually find them for you (those poor fucks). Their description ("Has seraph sword skin") also counts as part of the item, so you can put Has or the specific mtx you're looking for in the search and it'll highlight anything that has cosmetics -- along with every potion and a couple uniques.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is Intuitive Leap ever really amazing?

there are like a billion things that seem like weird gimmicks I don't understand yet

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Doctor Goat posted:

there are like a billion things that seem like weird gimmicks I don't understand yet

No. Intuitive Leap is trash (as are most unique jewels) just because when it could be useful, the usefulness is severely overshadowed by any common jewel you rolled to have life%. Good jewels include static electricity, ones that modify Vaal skills, and the one that makes your totems fire two projectiles. All of which require specific builds to use.

You pretty much just gotta ask whether something is a good gimmick or not, the developers create new weird gimmicks to take advantage of with every major patch and 75% of them are garbage. Examples from the newest patch: Varunastra is extremely powerful and weird, Trypanon is trash and weird (but combining it with Marylene's Fallacy makes it on par with a decent dagger for Cast on Crit).

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Is Hidden Potential any good or is it a huge trap? I'm attempting a CoC poison cyclone build with flamesurge, firestorm (and BV when I get a 6L) as the spells, with Vaal MS and Scold's Bridle (with the Juggernaut synergy) for the single target. I have all of the gear but my damage is really quite low with my only crit being the dual Consuming Dark, the melee crit nodes on the left side of the tree, 5 power charges and Assassin's Mark. Would switching to diamond rings fix this or is it a lost cause? I can't really get crit on my jewels because they're all used for resistances, with maybe a little area damage.

Hidden Potential seemed like it'd be REALLY good since it's a huge amount of damage (140% assuming that you run Scold's, 2x Consuming Dark and then all magic items) that double-dips with the poison but if I have to compromise on crit and life too much then I guess there's no point?

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 1, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
No, CoC can be scaled on many of your pieces of gear with uniques and rares, and trying to do something tricky like replace your rares with magics will leave you weak and undercapped. Hidden potential is for skills that are hard to scale with gear, such as caustic arrow.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Doctor Goat posted:

The witch power charge jewel slot is pretty great, the templar slot and shadow ones are good for it too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

No. Intuitive Leap is trash (as are most unique jewels) just because when it could be useful, the usefulness is severely overshadowed by any common jewel you rolled to have life%. Good jewels include static electricity, ones that modify Vaal skills, and the one that makes your totems fire two projectiles. All of which require specific builds to use.

You pretty much just gotta ask whether something is a good gimmick or not, the developers create new weird gimmicks to take advantage of with every major patch and 75% of them are garbage. Examples from the newest patch: Varunastra is extremely powerful and weird, Trypanon is trash and weird (but combining it with Marylene's Fallacy makes it on par with a decent dagger for Cast on Crit).

Trypanon is hadly trash, it makes for amazingly easy leveling with zero spec on tree and no other required gear. Intuitive leap is also pretty great for a couple rather specific builds, and not remotely replaceable with a randomass life jewel.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Intuitive Leap is very good in the few situations where it's used. Basically it allows fakener builds to take the Templar power and endurance charges without all the extra travel nodes, and it's rare, so any use in a common build makes it expensive.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
My friend didn't want to buy Diablo 3 a few weeks ago and now I'm running maps trying to stack tier 5 ones

Pretty good game 👍

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Unique jewels can be good in very sprcific circumstances. Like Izaro's Turmoil in my Whispering Ice cold to fire build.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd say Intuitive Leap is a pretty good jewel because I sold mine for >20C :v:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
So I made 60c75c, thank u RNGsus, in a few days just grinding out stuff, what's the thing to aim for considering I'm kind of a mediocre (few uniques, no real great items) geared lv 70-something arc-spamming Templar? A 6-link is way expensive but is that the first thing to go for? Right now I can't get through most tier 7 maps but the ones before those are going fine.

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 1, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Count Uvula posted:

No offense but literally everything in this post is wrong except for Varunastra.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

nightwisher posted:

No offense but literally everything in this post is wrong except for Varunastra.

Fair enough :shrug: I'd certainly say there's more bad unique jewels than ones that could even arguably be better than a magic jewel you rolled with like 60 alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Hooray, I finished the labyrinth. I wish I'd been able to open all the chests at the end.

Getting two skill points per difficulty is harsh.

• Locked thread