Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

gently caress archdragon peak.

gently caress it hard.

The place is rather nice, but it does make you wish that DS2's despawn mechanic was still in effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

(PS4) Today I have ceased getting all bluebro action on my level 25 (+3/10) despite it being the weekend.Wolfbro and Aldrich summons kick in within moments of returning to my own world. The gently caress.

Where you getting summoned for blues before? Some speculated that it might be a rich get richer situation with the bluecops at least. Characters that helped defeat an invader once might have higher priority and end up locking out others. Now that it's a good while after release the only way to get summoned for blue is to get a lucky summon that then gives you precedence for the next. But if it just stops even for people that did get summons it can't be that.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ilustforponydeath posted:

The place is rather nice, but it does make you wish that DS2's despawn mechanic was still in effect.

I mean the type of people who grind in these games should never be listened to ever.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

blakyoshi posted:

Dumping curses in a tree is an actual Shinto tradition. It's one of those Japanese culture things that show up in video games sometimes. The antagonist of Final Fantasy V is one of them too.
It's funny that you only hear about it when it goes wrong and yet it's still a thing

"Hey guys I hear that trees can be possessed by evil power if you do this, maybe we shouldn't" :ohdear:
"Naaah don't worry about it, it's fiiine" :cheers:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I mean the type of people who grind in these games should never be listened to ever.

Here's this excellent quote from reddit about this:

[–]SicWilly666 5 points 1 month ago
No offense but most of us are glad it's gone
It kinda ruined your ability for farming certain drops and if you're having trouble with specific enemies or a certain run up to a boss
You should learn their patterns and overcome that obstacle
That is one of the core principles of a SoulsBorne game
Basically Get Gud

These are the people who get to influence gameplay decisions.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ocerios does not gently caress around when you're level 40 :stare:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Domattee posted:

Where you getting summoned for blues before? Some speculated that it might be a rich get richer situation with the bluecops at least. Characters that helped defeat an invader once might have higher priority and end up locking out others. Now that it's a good while after release the only way to get summoned for blue is to get a lucky summon that then gives you precedence for the next. But if it just stops even for people that did get summons it can't be that.

Yeah, at worst it was five minutes to get mooning on the 25. At that level and with that build I got to help kill a lot of invaders too.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Perhaps the issue with bluecops is that there's almost no reason to be invaded in the game since you can ember right outside the boss door, let alone a reason to equip the blue baby covenant. So there's no one to help that isn't already fine in pvp, that or if they know enough to get the baby covenant, they won't use it.

Idk how all the covenants work, but it's weird that blue cop is essentially the gravelord covenant instead of the good old invade invaders from DS1

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Here's this excellent quote from reddit about this:

[–]SicWilly666 5 points 1 month ago
No offense but most of us are glad it's gone
It kinda ruined your ability for farming certain drops and if you're having trouble with specific enemies or a certain run up to a boss
You should learn their patterns and overcome that obstacle
That is one of the core principles of a SoulsBorne game
Basically Get Gud

These are the people who get to influence gameplay decisions.
They're right, though.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Wait till you try Nameless King :rip:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Einwand posted:

Having finished my first run I've decided to embrace fashion souls with the realization that armor is mostly pointless. I don't think I've ever seen someone else use the fire witch chest piece, I like it.

Lothric Greatsword is kind of absurd in the early game, heavy attack can two shot the evangelists in settlement.

yeah it's real good

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Monomythian posted:

Wait till you try Nameless King :rip:

I just want the MLGS :negative:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You can get the Moonlight Greatsword pretty early if you are willing to exploit bugs. If you want to rely on your own personal skill then its a bitch.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How do farm titanite shards?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

You can buy them from the handmaid when you pick up the ashes in Farron Keep. In High Wall of Lothric the Fat knight and the red eye balder near Emma have a high chance and the hollows have a low chance to drop them.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

How do farm titanite shards?

Get the Dream Chaser's Ashes from the Farron Watchdog's bonfire, and then you can straight up buy them from the Handmaiden at Firelink.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

alternatively: Stairway to anor londo

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Invading and killing six phantoms while the host scrambles around summoning more is just peachy. He summoned the same guy trice, probably his passworded guard dog since he was in full havel and dark sword. Just wish i could get a shackle from each one i kill.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Wow I got the lothric knight long spear. It's prohibitively heavy to use lol what a lovely game.

Also had anyone listened to the prayer the fire keeper chants while you level up?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You get in that dragon taint right now mister!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

Okay I am ready to agree with everyone who says Darkmoon autosummon is busted.

Level 30, +2 reinforcement at Undead Settlement? No way you shouldn't be summoned, come on.

It's still completely mind boggling to me that, out of every improvement DS2 made, the only thing From picked up mechanically from it (aside from VIT) is the atrocious Way of Blue system. Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Weapons with the Darkmoon enchantment look so sweet.. Feeling very swaggy atm.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

net cafe scandal posted:

Weapons with the Darkmoon enchantment look so sweet.. Feeling very swaggy atm.

I agree, it looks especially good on the Moonlight Greatsword.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Domattee posted:

Where you getting summoned for blues before? Some speculated that it might be a rich get richer situation with the bluecops at least.

That would be interesting. It doesn't seem like Contribution Rate is concord contributions alone, since to test this theory I just threw 79 concords at Yorshka and that value didn't move.

That, or they made it so that Contribution Rate only updates after a successful Darkmoon summon, exactly like Sin in DS1. That's why lowering Sin in CE didn't seem to work in DS1: it actually did, but you had to get killed by a Darkmoon for a decrease to take effect.

Why would I not be surprised.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I'm loving the boss designs and fights in this so far. Just did High Lord Wolnir last night. When I walked up to him and his bracers lit up I yelled out and my wife laughed at me :(

The cutscene before his fight, I just wasn't expecting it at all.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just want the MLGS :negative:

I have some bad news about the MLGS this time around, friend. :smith:

(The news is that it's poo poo because they loving eradicated the scaling)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Kanos posted:

I have some bad news about the MLGS this time around, friend. :smith:

(The news is that it's poo poo because they loving eradicated the scaling)

I thought it was pretty good, even though DS3 balance is retarded. I'm on my low SL character now and sequence broke the game with the swordsman bug so I'm trying to get the end game stuff :ohdear:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I forgot how fun Souls can be without a shield.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I forgot how fun Souls can be without a shield.

Top-notch Guts.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Non canon warrior of sunlight guts What The gently caress. Is the GS at least dark infused?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I thought it was pretty good, even though DS3 balance is retarded. I'm on my low SL character now and sequence broke the game with the swordsman bug so I'm trying to get the end game stuff :ohdear:

It tops out at 144 phys/242 magic at +5, with D STR/E DEX/C INT scaling. It can't be infused or buffed, and it's quite slow. It's simply extremely mediocre since it's riding split damage except without crazy scaling or buffing to help it out.

It's not unusable crap or anything but it's not great.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man on each of my no death attempts i've died to something that's never killed me before gg.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BombiTheZombie posted:

He summoned the same guy trice, probably his passworded guard dog since he was in full havel and dark sword.

i love invading as purple mound pound and if i can tell someone has a guard phantom it becomes my sole goal to only kill that phantom to complete my required number of phantom kills. i will let them resummon their buddy however many times they want because it is loving hilarious to me. even better is in a big zone like road of sacrifices where you can get a decent melee going with like 7 people and you still go out of your way to make sure you're ignoring everyone else to hunt down the host's summon buddy.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

homeless poster posted:

i love invading as purple mound pound and if i can tell someone has a guard phantom it becomes my sole goal to only kill that phantom to complete my required number of phantom kills. i will let them resummon their buddy however many times they want because it is loving hilarious to me. even better is in a big zone like road of sacrifices where you can get a decent melee going with like 7 people and you still go out of your way to make sure you're ignoring everyone else to hunt down the host's summon buddy.

That blue icon seems to scream "KILL ME AND ONLY ME" to all phantoms involved, from what I've seen, too.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Aside from getting tongues, is there a good reason not to invade as a mad phantom instead of a regular red? Reds are hostile to each other anyway, but get nothing out of it, and purples can fulfill their duty with phantom kills. I've had Mound-Maker invasions where I never even saw the host, but between cops and a summon that was more aggressive than his master I easily met my quota and hosed off back where I came. Meanwhile a lot of times I'm a red the other red just gets in my way or hits me. If everybody's gonna try to kill me I may as well be in the covenant where literally everyone is my enemy so the kills all count.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nakar posted:

Aside from getting tongues, is there a good reason not to invade as a mad phantom instead of a regular red? Reds are hostile to each other anyway, but get nothing out of it, and purples can fulfill their duty with phantom kills. I've had Mound-Maker invasions where I never even saw the host, but between cops and a summon that was more aggressive than his master I easily met my quota and hosed off back where I came. Meanwhile a lot of times I'm a red the other red just gets in my way or hits me. If everybody's gonna try to kill me I may as well be in the covenant where literally everyone is my enemy so the kills all count.

THe shade of purple is unpleasant.. Plus you can probably accidentally kill monsters that you're using as backup.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you can invade as a sunman to get medals. which is far more appealing to me than carrying people through boss fights.

net cafe scandal posted:

THe shade of purple is unpleasant.. Plus you can probably accidentally kill monsters that you're using as backup.

when you invade as a purple the monsters don't care about you for some reason. its only when you're summoned, that they are hostile.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theres also this: Invading as a Mound Maker will prioritize worlds with many players, allowing for maximum chaos. (from officialPrima guide) No idea if its true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

you can invade as a sunman to get medals. which is far more appealing to me than carrying people through boss fights.

when you invade as a purple the monsters don't care about you for some reason. its only when you're summoned, that they are hostile.

Youc an still hurt em I think. Or no? Im not sure. Havent done that much mounding.