Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

Settlement Keywords is useless now though because they upped the Keyword limit from 255 to something over 65k.

ahahahaha, well, thats better,

*continues to argue about beta or not stuff.

Edit: this is why I use a separate install from steam to play a game, because everything gets hosed with updates, this way I can choose when to upgrade junk.

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I posted this on the last page but if you're still struggling to get your mods working, at least those that are compatible with 1.5 it's as simple as:

Rasmussen posted:

You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Untill MO/NMM get patched can we get this:

Rasmussen posted:

:siren:You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.:siren:

In big ol' bold letters in OP?

Because editing those .ini files did poo poo for me, but this worked.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pound_Coin posted:

Yeah editing the files wasn't working for me either so I did some googling and came up with that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Odd barely any new SMG weapons on the Nexus.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

LumberingTroll posted:

Keywords are the categories, so things can just go back to the way it was before SK where people just made their own.
No as sub-categories are done by formlists. For example, 'Defence' has a list containing the keywords for traps, turrets and guard posts. If you want to add a new subcategory, you need to edit that list, which means that without SK any 2 mods trying to add subcategories to the same category will conflict.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Talkie Toaster posted:

No as sub-categories are done by formlists. For example, 'Defence' has a list containing the keywords for traps, turrets and guard posts. If you want to add a new subcategory, you need to edit that list, which means that without SK any 2 mods trying to add subcategories to the same category will conflict.

Which, while taking a couple of minutes to sort out in xedit for some people, generally makes most people have to choose between one or the other w/out sk.
I want to go play fallout, but I have a massive amount of mods to crunch into single esp's and I am just tired of that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I am having the hardest time finding neon signs in the Creation Kit, since they seem to have organized things there arbitrarily.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Pound_Coin posted:

WHen I press T to go into my library, nothing is listed...

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 1, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

LumberingTroll posted:

WHen I press T to go into my library, nothing is listed...

You still have to first enable your mods in MO like usual and they should be there. I've added almost all my old mods back, and it seems to work great for me. If .txt file editing works for you and this doesn't then that's cool.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 1, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Turns out Synths can wear almost any kind of outfit, which is excellent.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

SeanBeansShako posted:

That'll happen when there's gently caress all animations to work with :(

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al! posted:

Turns out Synths can wear almost any kind of outfit, which is excellent.

I'm looking forward to someone making an alternate start mod where you can be synth. It won't make sense for the story but who cares!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rasmussen posted:

I'm looking forward to someone making an alternate start mod where you can be synth. It won't make sense for the story but who cares!
Anything can make sense for the story through the magic of implanted false memories!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Here I am hoping that this mod gets updated to work with the latest patch. It's just a UI fix for 21:9 since Bethesda can't be hosed to do it themselves... and yeah the UI is hosed without it. I would do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea how to even approach it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

No honest man needs all that monitor

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Man Whore posted:

No honest man needs all that monitor

That's not what your mom said last night :iceburn:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Woebin posted:

Anything can make sense for the story through the magic of implanted false memories!

So simple and great, I didn't even think of that. You could wake up in the memory den and everything.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rasmussen posted:

So simple and great, I didn't even think of that. You could wake up in the memory den and everything.

poo poo, that's what should happen after you get pre-war frozen. Trying to figure out your own background, whether your memories are real or whether you're a robot or not, makes much more sense than the urgency of a lost kid as a character motivator in terms of whether the player wants to follow the main quest or ignore it and gently caress around killing raiders all day. In Act II you could decide if you want to follow up on the fate of whatever prewar schlub's memories you got or just want to go kill more raiders.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I feel like there wasn't even anything interesting done with the Memory Den at all in the game. There's the one quest with Kellog and that's it. No other interaction. The weird non-scientist lady doesn't have anything worthwhile.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

everyone's still traumatized from getting constantly wasted by Sulik's friendly fire.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I feel like there wasn't even anything interesting done with the Memory Den at all in the game. There's the one quest with Kellog and that's it. No other interaction. The weird non-scientist lady doesn't have anything worthwhile.

If you go there before the Kellog quest you can get traumatized by re-living your spouse's murder.
And the Silver Shroud quest starts with the guy who's hanging out in the side room there.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Entropic posted:

everyone's still traumatized from getting constantly wasted by Sulik's friendly fire.

Somebody had to take up the mantle from Ian after he got cooked.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Also Doctor Amari and the Memory Den get involved if you do Railroad quests, or follow up on Curie's loyalty quest.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I'm curious, what happens during that part of the quest if you just butchered all of Goodneighbor beforehand? Does the doctor (who I am sure is flagged Essential) even acknowledge it?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I've run headlong into a problem with bringing FDI to the Bethesda platform (and by extension, to consoles). I'm trying to find a solution, but any help would be much appreciated. Shamelessly copying from another post I made on the official GECK forum:

I've hit a snag I can't seem to get around: .strings files, even when included in an archive with an uploaded mod, do not override the .strings files in the Strings folder. Meaning that even if changes are made to .strings files in the archive, it doesn't amount to a thing because the game appears to prioritize the contents of the Strings folder. In any other circumstance this wouldn't be a problem - just put altered .strings in the folder directly - but on this platform that obviously isn't an option.

I've taken a look at other mods available on this platform that alter strings of text, but all those alterations seem to be hard-baked into the related .esp rather than using a .strings file.

Is there any way to force the .strings files in a BA2 archive to override those in the Strings folder, as everything else in an archive seems to behave?

--

The thread itself is also worth a look, as modders with similar issues are weighing in (along with having an internet slapfight over whether editing .strings files is worse than rabies, but what can you do): it's right here.

An assist with this would be much appreciated, gang. It looks like a minor oversight on Bethsoft's part, but it's thrown a wrench in the prospect of any mods that edit .strings files, not just FDI - and threatens the ability of such mods to come to consoles.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seeing as melee weapons now come in slow, medium and fast variety I am sort of hoping somebody does a deeper 18th century swords project for melee weapons now.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm hoping beyond hope that they include a lever-action rifle in Far Harbor.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gonkish posted:

I'm hoping beyond hope that they include a lever-action rifle in Far Harbor.

A default looking alternate assault rifle that fits the older art styles is what I am hoping for myself. Also, a Luger dammit come on!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SeanBeansShako posted:

A default looking alternate assault rifle that fits the older art styles is what I am hoping for myself. Also, a Luger dammit come on!

I just want a goddamn pump-action shotgun :argh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Far Harbour looks like basically Stephen King: The Expansion Pack so expect poo poo like reanimated animals, intelligent monster dogs, spooky clowns, sentient suits of power armor that want to murder your dick, etc.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

Far Harbour looks like basically Stephen King: The Expansion Pack so expect poo poo like reanimated animals, intelligent monster dogs, spooky clowns, sentient suits of power armor that want to murder your dick, etc.

The Pint Sized Slasher is actually a ghoul

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Babe Magnet posted:

Pretty sure it will be more Cthulhu based than Stephen King, but I could be wrong.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Where is the loving GECK, I just want mods to be slightly less lovely ok.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sylink posted:

It's out dude.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LumberingTroll posted:

Pretty sure it will be more Cthulhu based than Stephen King, but I could be wrong.

it'll probably have a little of both, this is Fallout after all, reference density of the primary M.O.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sylink posted:

download the bethesda.net launcher to get the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (also known as the Creation Kit: Fallout 4)

also from the Dumb rear end 4 leaks it seems Snapmap will work the same way

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, I'm gonna ask you goons for help because I have no idea what's going on here.

I've got an armor retex mod. Exactly one person using is is having this bug:

http://imgur.com/a/j3DAh

Why the living gently caress is half of it darker than the other half? They're wearing pieces from different sets and it seems to happen to all of them.

I really don't know what could even potentially be causing this.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pound_Coin posted:

Keep in mind that if you do this you will have to do it every single time you start the game because it apparently doesn't remember that you enabled mods, and if, like now apparently, bethesda.net is down you can't even click the mods button on the menu.

*'s in plugins.ini ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm able to click the mods button, I just get a login error.

Edit: Also just noticed that apparently having mods enabled also disables achievements.

• Locked thread