Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sanguinia posted:

Hey, I can do drugs while I watch a crazy cartoon AND be a sperg about the super secret metaplot. Adventure Time taught me all the proper techniques.

Nice. I just wanted to be sure you guys were doing it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just got into this show. It's awesome. Funniest show in quite some time

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Pleasant surprise learning I only watched the first one before. Love finding little shorts and stuff when waiting for a new season of a thing.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Zaphod42 posted:

Ricks like the doofus-rick from J19-Zeta7 don't have their own Morty and are assigned one, that's already part of the show canon.
How many of them eat poo poo, though?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crossposting from the PYF Cosplay thread again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhh3ohJCcqA

Edit: a few more for the road

TINY RICK!!

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 1, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Why is lady Rick so sweaty

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

King Jellybean is suitably creepy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was at the festival in Maryland where the giant head in space tights was and she definitely had a bluetooth speaker bumping all the head's soundbites, it was cool.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bust Rodd posted:

I was at the festival in Maryland where the giant head in space tights was and she definitely had a bluetooth speaker bumping all the head's soundbites, it was cool.

Are those tights supposed to look like some sort of zombie gangrenous thing?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's space. That's a nebula.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Do you think those guys decided to dress up as Hamurai as a group or that they're just three guys who don't know each other who all decided to be Hamurai independently?

Either way, these are all great.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do you think those guys decided to dress up as Hamurai as a group or that they're just three guys who don't know each other who all decided to be Hamurai independently?

Either way, these are all great.

I'd like to think they were separate parties who found each other on the show floor, but the costumes are a bit too uniform for me to believe that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So Rick & Morty S3 might start airing by the end of May according to "lawyerherald.com" but way more interesting to me in that article was Harmon talking about how excited he was for S3 because they apparently hired a handful of very funny women to gender-balance the writers room.

I for one would adore it if Summer & Beth got a little more fleshed out to mirror/match Jerry's incompetence, and am also curious if they'd ever return to the Gazorpazorp setting with different jokes.

Like, I'm a really progressive guy with a lot of feminist views, but rerouting all traffic through sector 6 because of a spider and "I am here if you need to talk" are two of my biggest laughs from season 1. I believe women are inherently better at making fun of women than men, so I don't really know what to expect.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

So Rick & Morty S3 might start airing by the end of May according to "lawyerherald.com" but way more interesting to me in that article was Harmon talking about how excited he was for S3 because they apparently hired a handful of very funny women to gender-balance the writers room.

Dan talked about that on his podcast once; apparently they'd always had gender balance with Community writers, but R&M was all men. Once they started getting women writers in, I remember they had one big session where they learned about something feminine. Maybe it was periods.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Harmon also communicated how a lady in the writers room said something about how a dude thought something was hot and she was like "ughh how creepy, right?!!!" and roiland gave an awkward "hehe yeaa.. what a wierdo."

It was just typical man vs woman stuff, like Dating a woman 10 years younger than you, or being into boobs. I think it was actually being into boobs.

New season is gonna be good lol

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bust Rodd posted:

I for one would adore it if Summer & Beth got a little more fleshed out to mirror/match Jerry's incompetence, and am also curious if they'd ever return to the Gazorpazorp setting with different jokes.

Like, I'm a really progressive guy with a lot of feminist views, but rerouting all traffic through sector 6 because of a spider and "I am here if you need to talk" are two of my biggest laughs from season 1. I believe women are inherently better at making fun of women than men, so I don't really know what to expect.

"The War of Passive Aggression" is one of the best gags to me, and I don't know why. It just tickled me in the right way.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KoRMaK posted:

Harmon also communicated how a lady in the writers room said something about how a dude thought something was hot and she was like "ughh how creepy, right?!!!" and roiland gave an awkward "hehe yeaa.. what a wierdo."

It was just typical man vs woman stuff, like Dating a woman 10 years younger than you, or being into boobs. I think it was actually being into boobs.

It was about guys coming on women's faces and/or breasts.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I feel like if any of this matters to you you're probably not doing enough drugs while you watch cartoons.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I've been listening to Harmontown for way too many hours to think that there's any way this is anything but good news. The type of woman comedian/writer who gets the job of working with Dan and Justin Roiland, is not going to be the type to get rid of a rerouting all traffic because of a spider joke (which was, agreed, one of the best lines). Is it public who the new writers are?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
When you say the end of the May you mean this May, the month that it is right now? That's a look sooner than I expected.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

prefect posted:

It was about guys coming on women's faces and/or breasts.
Oh wow, what a wierdo to be into that

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

KoRMaK posted:

Oh wow, what a wierdo to be into that

While this is a very common fetish, and even as a man, I have to admit I find it weird and not attractive.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Blasphemeral posted:

While this is a very common fetish, and even as a man, I have to admit I find it weird and not attractive.

High roaded!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah the Gazorpazaop episode felt like 90s gender humor and fairly out of date, and we mentioned previously how it was one of the weakest episodes of the show. "I am here if you need to talk" was actually pretty funny, but the whole like "women don't fart" thing and etc. was just dumb, that's been played out way way long ago. Same with a few of the other jokes that failed.

I do feel like the show has fleshed out Summer a LOT, and while at first it was just Rick & Morty & Supporting Cast, they've actually started to bring in Summer on the same level as Morty for adventuring with Grandpa. He does make a big deal out of how he can't take female companions on adventures with him because their vaginas cause problems, which is kinda a funny throwaway joke but also kinda awkward sexism.

I'm definitely down for having more female writers and fleshing out Summer even more.

Beth I feel should always be more of a supporting character like Jerry, although both of them have been fleshed out more as well. And some of their moments, like the end of rixty minutes, are really amazing.

gregday
May 23, 2003

"Is anyone else cold, or is it just me? And that's the weather report" got huge laughs in my home.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

All the characters are good, no one is annoying or bad. Any X-centric character episode is good, I never feel like "uhg a summer episode!" They're all idiots in their own ways but also quite enjoyable.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Baronjutter posted:

All the characters are good, no one is annoying or bad. Any X-centric character episode is good, I never feel like "uhg a summer episode!" They're all idiots in their own ways but also quite enjoyable.

The one thing about the show I kind of roll my eyes at are the "Jerry and Beth are having relationship problems" episodes. Either get divorced or kill each other already!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The one thing about the show I kind of roll my eyes at are the "Jerry and Beth are having relationship problems" episodes. Either get divorced or kill each other already!

It's definitely a worn out premise, but they do some really good things with it. Them at the alien marriage counselling place was amazing.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

When you say the end of the May you mean this May, the month that it is right now? That's a look sooner than I expected.

The only thing I found claiming this is a robot written article, and even that just had it as the title, and says "late 2016" in the body itself.

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/40932/20160401/rick-morty-season-3-premieres-2016-upcoming-4-more-episodes.htm

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

rydiafan posted:

The only thing I found claiming this is a robot written article, and even that just had it as the title, and says "late 2016" in the body itself.

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/40932/20160401/rick-morty-season-3-premieres-2016-upcoming-4-more-episodes.htm

This website say the strangest concept of "law" and "lawyers" I have ever seen.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I don't think there are any instances of, "It was actually a Rick and Morty from another dimension!" because their names are in the title, it's a very character-driven show, and Dan Harmon is dead-set on not giving anybody a sci-fi cop-out from having to deal with personal problems, except when that cop-out also involves crushing nihilism and psychological scarring.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Poopy Butthole was a normal memory parasite. He made a lot more baby memory parasites, and he was freaking out and trying to think of a way out while his progeny were being slaughtered. His escape route was to find a loophole in the 'good memories' rule by generating a false memory of him getting shot and bleeding normally, which reflected badly on Beth, but still had him as innocent and sympathetic. Considering that another parasite generated a torrid hidden affair with Jerry and convinced him that he was probably a parasite, that kind of mind-fuckery isn't out of their league.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh god we're back to this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

I swear on a recent Harmontown Dan said they just finished writing episode 4. So May is probably a tad optimistic

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
If it were premiering this month, we'd probably already have an airdate and a trailer. I'm guessing it's not going to be until after July at least.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baronjutter posted:

Sorry, but Jerry is human garbage, and when he ends up as the "winner" in an episode, it makes me sad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I was gonna say earlier that Jerry is the worst character. But the thing is even though that's true, they do a good job of making him somebody you love to hate.

Its not like Ted Mosby on HIMYM where every single episode you're just like "shut the gently caress up, Ted!". He's annoying, but you laugh at the annoying things he does. And he's often the butt of jokes and getting put into horrible circumstances. Having him bungle his way through the virtual reality universe completely oblivious (even having the "best day of his life") was loving hilarious.

"Is it Taddy Mason?"

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

I was gonna say earlier that Jerry is the worst character. But the thing is even though that's true, they do a good job of making him somebody you love to hate.

Its not like Ted Mosby on HIMYM where every single episode you're just like "shut the gently caress up, Ted!". He's annoying, but you laugh at the annoying things he does. And he's often the butt of jokes and getting put into horrible circumstances. Having him bungle his way through the virtual reality universe completely oblivious (even having the "best day of his life") was loving hilarious.

"Is it Taddy Mason?"

Also the Jerry daycare was just hilarious and pathetic at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

He does make a big deal out of how he can't take female companions on adventures with him because their vaginas cause problems, which is kinda a funny throwaway joke but also kinda awkward sexism.

It's funny how Summer makes the same argument but then we immediately see how Rick was right with Summer's near-rape like 30 seconds later.

Even if later Rick blames Summer's boobs for ice cream now having flies in it, which is a very weird sentence to type.

• Locked thread