Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

CashEnsign posted:

If sure in the rest of SA.com, pubbie is still a revered term, but it has been a mainstream eve meme since like 2010. Beat to death.

I'm sure it has. It's been around a lot longer than that, and it didn't start on SA or with EVE.

Anyway the reason I posted about someone isk scamming in Jita local was because it was, verbatim, the same scan someone posted about running in one of the threads here (send me money, I'll double/triple it) with the added flavor of "I hosed gewns and now I want to give their money to YOU!" I thought it might actually be someone here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

SpaceDrake posted:

Does RVCMF take older pilots? I've had the EVE itch for a while now (I should have that examined) and a chill mine corp I could log in to help occasionally sounds like something I might be down with and could contribute to. I'm guessing yes but I saw in the politics thread that it was angled toward newer folks so I was wondering.

ofc I still need to see if my older character even exists or got hacked or something

absolutely. im in RVCMF on a pilot capable of flying a super... as rock said, its a place for people to chill when the galaxy has got you down. come chill and mine rocks with us!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I may have done a thing and bought a character because I am dumb

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi, I'm sitting in Jove space right now on singularity for this EVE NT thing. It's pretty boring and not as cool as you'd think Jove space would be :smith:. How are you chill thread?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CashEnsign posted:

If sure in the rest of SA.com, pubbie is still a revered term, but it has been a mainstream eve meme since like 2010. Beat to death.

i prefer pubtrash, it's a good word

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hi, I'm sitting in Jove space right now on singularity for this EVE NT thing. It's pretty boring and not as cool as you'd think Jove space would be :smith:. How are you chill thread?

The Jove are cloaking everything, but only when you're looking at it (to save power).

If you ship spin fast enough you can see it!

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
Anyone has an idea who disgroontled on reddit is?

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Hubbl3 posted:

He could be anyone, since the jabber chat log he is leaking is accessible by anyone, it's not the director only channel.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
Yeah, but it seems to me very high :effort: for reinforcing an negative image about goons on reddit.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

if you don't like it here, just leave? why would you stick around in a place you don't enjoy just to post logs to re

oh, karma. that's why. i understand now.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

All of the log posts they did are self-posts though. Those don't add any e-points to your account.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

SperginMcBadposter posted:

All of the log posts they did are self-posts though. Those don't add any e-points to your account.

either they REALLY don't like goons, they have martyr issues, or they're too stupid to put the logs in a pastebin and post a link to them

your call

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
A small update for those of you who love exploring: CCP plans to introduce a set of new storyline-analyzers.

The gist of it is: The two new analyzers will work like T1 and T2 analyzers, but you can use them on both data- and relic sites. They'll have the same virus strength like their normal counterparts, but less coherence. Also you lose one of your three utility-slots for the mini-game.

I'm not so sure about the application in NullSec and W-Space, but I guess for HighSec and LowSec (where losing the mini-game is almost impossible) exploration it's a neat little thing.

I don't know if they're worth the about 70 - 140 million ISK they will cost, though. The question is, would you pay that much for the convenience of gaining a mid-slot/spending less time fumbling around with mobile depots?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Hubbl3 posted:

None other than Digi himself, that's why no one has figured it out yet.

But seriously this is a topic for the other thread.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i prefer pubtrash, it's a good word

no -ie in it, unlike pubbie, iskies mommies toonies dessies and all those other deadtear trigger words.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ive been figured out, nooo

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Libluini posted:

A small update for those of you who love exploring: CCP plans to introduce a set of new storyline-analyzers.

The gist of it is: The two new analyzers will work like T1 and T2 analyzers, but you can use them on both data- and relic sites. They'll have the same virus strength like their normal counterparts, but less coherence. Also you lose one of your three utility-slots for the mini-game.

I'm not so sure about the application in NullSec and W-Space, but I guess for HighSec and LowSec (where losing the mini-game is almost impossible) exploration it's a neat little thing.

I don't know if they're worth the about 70 - 140 million ISK they will cost, though. The question is, would you pay that much for the convenience of gaining a mid-slot/spending less time fumbling around with mobile depots?

Make data sites worth as much as relic sites instead of 1/5th as much and I'd think about it.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Good Dumplings posted:

Make data sites worth as much as relic sites instead of 1/5th as much and I'd think about it.

No poo poo I'm not really gaining a mid because why the hell would I fit a data analyzer? I guess maybe if you're in a Stratios doing sleeper caches or ghost sites it would make sense but that's a pretty niche reason to be carrying around an expensive minesweeper module.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morris posted:

No poo poo I'm not really gaining a mid because why the hell would I fit a data analyzer? I guess maybe if you're in a Stratios doing sleeper caches or ghost sites it would make sense but that's a pretty niche reason to be carrying around an expensive minesweeper module.

There was that time I was travelling through the Drone Regions, that was a time where having a data analyzer was useful because the Drone Regions don't have any relic sites. (Drone relic sites don't exist.)

Of course, the regions I travelled through were really dusted clean, so I made more from occasionally dipping into W-Space then from drone data sites. And refitting with a mobile depot once in a blue moon wasn't that terrible. I can see some people fitting those things just because they're too lazy to use a mobile depot, though.

In the end, those new, expensive modules will probably end up being a stealth buff to gankers

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Hubbl3 posted:

Yeah, but it seems to me very high :effort: for reinforcing an negative image about goons on reddit.

it blows my mind that anyone gives a gently caress about A: Goons (unless we are rummaging through their corpses) or B: reddit (well, reddit.)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Have people been doing L5s in a solo carrier post patch? Have the fittings changed?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

Have people been doing L5s in a solo carrier post patch? Have the fittings changed?

How is fighter aggro managed now that they are expensive and die as soon as a NPC look at them ?

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Krogort posted:

How is fighter aggro managed now that they are expensive and die as soon as a NPC look at them ?

Fighters are dirt cheap. Sometimes you lose some if you do the missions where you have to kill battleships and can't be assed to juggle them. It's a quality of life nerf but the money is still there.

edit: actually gently caress this poo poo. I've lost close to 100 fighters now to bugs and the annoying clickfest this has become. Better wait a few weeks for ccp to fix their poo poo or find another teat to suckle on.

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 1, 2016

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
Is the Hyena worth upgrading to over the Vigil? Seems like its just a much bigger price tag for not much more utility. Yeah it gets web bonus but with the number of mids it has I feel it would have trouble doing both target painting and webbing. Any insight from you people who have been around more?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Fureil posted:

Is the Hyena worth upgrading to over the Vigil? Seems like its just a much bigger price tag for not much more utility. Yeah it gets web bonus but with the number of mids it has I feel it would have trouble doing both target painting and webbing. Any insight from you people who have been around more?

Hyena are very good for their long webs.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Are incursion groups very active? The big groups like TVP and WTM don't seem to have updated their sites in a long time.

I tend to like filling support roles in games so flying logi would probably be up my alley, and the fits aren't super crazy - a pimped out Basilisk is like 1/3 of the cost of a blingy incursion BS and the train isn't nearly as long. Not sure what applications logi cruisers have outside of PVE but if it's a semi-entertaining way to make isk to fund other stuff it I could see it being a lot better for me than shooting rocks, running missions, or trading.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Jazzzzz posted:

Not sure what applications logi cruisers have outside of PVE

Fly logi and people will love you forever. Problem is, though (if you're GSF), if you're running with a public incursion fleet you'll need a dedicated alt in an NPC corp or wardeccers will eat you alive. Plus half of your fleet will be enemy alts and will ring the dinner bell immediately.

I started training up a neutral Basi alt for much the same reason (easier to get in fleets, cheaper than a bling Vindicator, so many elitepvp types run highsec incursion on alts that it's guaranteed to never get nerfed) but things I've read about a lot of these public fleets have put me off. Apparently the highsec incursion groups take min/maxing super seriously and the level of sperg from bling-obsessed highsec dwellers with no concept or ROI is through the roof. Would be interested in hearing trip reports from anyone who's flown with TVP/WTM/TDF.

I'm honestly a little stuck right now as to what to do about income. I had just about finished training skills to rat when we lost our space, having run relic sites for my first 3 months or so. I can go rat right now in Fade but I'd rather not rely on it or keep my only PVP char too occupied with PVE. Everything reliable seems to require tons of time to sit around and wait (incursions) or a year+ of training up multiple alts (L4/L5 missions). Maybe once jump clones come to Citadels I can embrace the wormhole life while being able to shoot mans from Saranen on short notice.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I was looking at highsec L4s too, but just doing L1s-3s while I train up skills has been mind numbing. I guess blitzing L4s can be semi-decent if you find the right LP store and can blitz, but to your point it seems like it takes grinding rep on a few alts to pull missions so you're not stuck waiting for hours if you get a couple you have to decline back to back. Slowboating through L4s with a single raven doesn't sound too profitable or even remotely fun, but I guess it could be a start.

Not like incursions are mind-numbing isk but the notion seems a little better overall than missioning. If it doesn't work out I can always do exploration, I guess.

I haven't joined any player corps yet, I'm still trying to get my feet wet.

BTW, when I was playing eight years ago and we were out in Syndicate (I think) about the only isk making I did was belt ratting and shooting that sweet sweet krok/bist on a Hulk alt. What options are there in nullsec now (specifically for GFS)? I'm still in highsec in a noob corp but don't want to stay here much longer.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Niarja niarja tama tama niarja

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jazzzzz posted:

BTW, when I was playing eight years ago and we were out in Syndicate (I think) about the only isk making I did was belt ratting and shooting that sweet sweet krok/bist on a Hulk alt. What options are there in nullsec now (specifically for GFS)? I'm still in highsec in a noob corp but don't want to stay here much longer.

Goonswarm isn't in nullsec at the moment. They and their entire coalition live in Saranen which is lowsec. In a month or more they might manage to get an enclave set up but it's going to be dicey for a long stretch. There is a lot of flipping of uninhabited stations at the moment.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

YouTuber posted:

Goonswarm isn't in nullsec at the moment. They and their entire coalition live in Saranen which is lowsec. In a month or more they might manage to get an enclave set up but it's going to be dicey for a long stretch. There is a lot of flipping of uninhabited stations at the moment.

When do they move back to Poitot?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Jazzzzz posted:

When you join GSF join Theta squad, they're our active nullsec income group. The short version is that both mining and anomaly ratting are still pretty profitable, you just have to pay closer attention, since there are more hostiles near our territory than there used to be.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Morris posted:

Fly logi and people will love you forever. Problem is, though (if you're GSF), if you're running with a public incursion fleet you'll need a dedicated alt in an NPC corp or wardeccers will eat you alive. Plus half of your fleet will be enemy alts and will ring the dinner bell immediately.

I started training up a neutral Basi alt for much the same reason (easier to get in fleets, cheaper than a bling Vindicator, so many elitepvp types run highsec incursion on alts that it's guaranteed to never get nerfed) but things I've read about a lot of these public fleets have put me off. Apparently the highsec incursion groups take min/maxing super seriously and the level of sperg from bling-obsessed highsec dwellers with no concept or ROI is through the roof. Would be interested in hearing trip reports from anyone who's flown with TVP/WTM/TDF.

I'm honestly a little stuck right now as to what to do about income. I had just about finished training skills to rat when we lost our space, having run relic sites for my first 3 months or so. I can go rat right now in Fade but I'd rather not rely on it or keep my only PVP char too occupied with PVE. Everything reliable seems to require tons of time to sit around and wait (incursions) or a year+ of training up multiple alts (L4/L5 missions). Maybe once jump clones come to Citadels I can embrace the wormhole life while being able to shoot mans from Saranen on short notice.

You can make a decent amount of money blitzing L4 missions without burners (which require the extra effort, investment, and skills) or just doing missions casually on one character. Yeah it's boring, but if you're not willing or unable to do the other stuff then it works, is reliable, and you can pick it up and go at will. You can even do it with a relatively low skilled character in a T1 or Faction battleship with T1 weapons and a T2 tank.

As for Incursions, I've flown one round with WTM and I didn't find them particular spergy or elitist. Your fit will be reviewed, but they've got a wide range of acceptable fits and they work on a strict first come first serve basis so you'll get in even with a low end character. It does take time to wait in line though.

Speaking of Incursions, does anyone else do them as Logi? I enjoy Logi in nullsec fights, but flying a Basilisk in the incursion fleet was just stressful. The lower numbers and steady incoming DPS mean you spend a lot of time having to be 100% on the ball and since you're dealing with AI instead of players you don't have the buffer that human reactions on the other side gives you in a PvP environment. I might need to inject into a Scimitar because I could mostly handle it until it came to having to manage a spare capacitor transfer and all that entailed.

nessin fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 2, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

nessin posted:

Speaking of Incursions, does anyone else do them as Logi? I enjoy Logi in nullsec fights, but flying a Basilisk in the incursion fleet was just stressful. The lower numbers and steady incoming DPS mean you spend a lot of time having to be 100% on the ball and since you're dealing with AI instead of players you don't have the buffer that human reactions on the other side gives you in a PvP environment. I might need to inject into a Scimitar because I could mostly handle it until it came to having to manage a spare capacitor transfer and all that entailed.

I flew Scimi for 6-8 months while training up for my nightmare doing mostly Vanguard sites with Goonwaffe's Incursionsig, and during high influence, it definitely can be much more stressful than being in a big tanky 80,000 EHP battleship, which I ended up doing eventually. It can be absolutely nailbiting knowing that you and your scimi-buddy are the only things preventing your friends from dying in stupidly expensive PVE ships to rats. I've also flown both scimi's and basi's in HQs and Kundalini's, which is 200% more stressful, since those big 80,000 EHP battleships actually are at serious risk of dying.

The Basilisks that Incursionsig runs for HQs are actually only 3 reps and 3 cap xfers - two of the cap xfers are for your cap buddies, and the third acts as fleet-cap for when those vindicator's and megathrons are capping themselves out.

Also, Scimitars are super nice for those tracking links.

EDIT: Most stressful thing is FCing incursion sites while flying logi. Combine the normal watching watchlist and repping people who start flashing red with tagging targets in the correct order while not being able to view their current HP to see if people are shooting out of order while also watching intel channels like a hawk and keeping eve-hunt up in the background trying to guess what ships neutrals who come into the system are flying and mashing d-scan while hovering over the fleetwarp button for the safepos.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 2, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Morris posted:

I used to do a lot of ratting until I got completely turned off by it. Then one day I realized that the price of 1 plex is worth 1 or 2 work hours in real life, while making as much ISK as a plex gives, will take a few hours of ratting.

If you can afford an extra 20$ per month, I highly recommend buying a plex and selling it off for 1b. This way you can use your play time for other things than boring PVE content. As for ratting in Fade, I wouldn't recommend it right now. I went around Fade this week just to have a look and there's plenty of reds in most systems. It would be very risky and you'd probably have to stop ratting once every 10min while people are going through the system.

Maybe make an alt and make lowsec income? Or go mine with Videogames in his fun mining corporation.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jazzzzz posted:

I was looking at highsec L4s too, but just doing L1s-3s while I train up skills has been mind numbing. I guess blitzing L4s can be semi-decent if you find the right LP store and can blitz, but to your point it seems like it takes grinding rep on a few alts to pull missions so you're not stuck waiting for hours if you get a couple you have to decline back to back. Slowboating through L4s with a single raven doesn't sound too profitable or even remotely fun, but I guess it could be a start.

Not like incursions are mind-numbing isk but the notion seems a little better overall than missioning. If it doesn't work out I can always do exploration, I guess.

I haven't joined any player corps yet, I'm still trying to get my feet wet.

My recommendation with level 4 missions is to do them with Ministry of war (Amarr). There's a few skills which don't take much to train which will allow your standing to go up faster/higher. Ministry of war have a nice lvl 4 agent in Taru which never takes you to low sec. You have agents lvl 1 to 3 in the systems right beside Taru making it very easy to grind since you don't have to move around too much.

But lvl 4 missions is not great income tho, so make sure you use that LP to buy good stuff you can then go sell for a profit.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Dalael posted:

I used to do a lot of ratting until I got completely turned off by it. Then one day I realized that the price of 1 plex is worth 1 or 2 work hours in real life, while making as much ISK as a plex gives, will take a few hours of ratting.

If you can afford an extra 20$ per month, I highly recommend buying a plex and selling it off for 1b. This way you can use your play time for other things than boring PVE content. As for ratting in Fade, I wouldn't recommend it right now. I went around Fade this week just to have a look and there's plenty of reds in most systems. It would be very risky and you'd probably have to stop ratting once every 10min while people are going through the system.

Maybe make an alt and make lowsec income? Or go mine with Videogames in his fun mining corporation.

If I ever got down to just one account then I'd probably plex for isk as well. Just seems less of a benefit when you're paying for 2 or 3 subscriptions instead of one. Actually I should probably really look into considering that, it might keep me playing Eve longer if I'm not juggling 3 accounts, which I really don't need because I found having a capital (just a regular carrier) to be largely blah, at least pre-citadel patch. Although a really bad time to be having those thoughts considering I just spent over half a million on burner ships to try out missioning in between incursions for isk.

Edit:
Also I'd love to fly a Black Ops or Marauder for PvP, and the thought of losing a ship that costs upwards of 2x the value of a PLEX is much harder to swallow than 2b isk earned in game even if it took me several hours.

nessin fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 2, 2016

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Ok, so it's been like a year since I played this poo poo awful game.

Tell me about the current political situation in EVE, or alternatively, why I should spend :20bux: a month to humor my deep seated sense of masochism.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nessin posted:

If I ever got down to just one account then I'd probably plex for isk as well. Just seems less of a benefit when you're paying for 2 or 3 subscriptions instead of one. Actually I should probably really look into considering that, it might keep me playing Eve longer if I'm not juggling 3 accounts, which I really don't need because I found having a capital (just a regular carrier) to be largely blah, at least pre-citadel patch. Although a really bad time to be having those thoughts considering I just spent over half a million on burner ships to try out missioning in between incursions for isk.

Edit:
Also I'd love to fly a Black Ops or Marauder for PvP, and the thought of losing a ship that costs upwards of 2x the value of a PLEX is much harder to swallow than 2b isk earned in game even if it took me several hours.

If you have multiple accounts but nothing to train on a couple of them you could remap to get really fast training on a long random skill and then extract the SP twice a month and sell the injectors. Works out to around 800m per character in profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Joined RVCMF, went exploring in my little astero, mined some pyroxeres in some blood raider site.

Those SoE ships look awesome.

Gotten myself a Stratios now.

Think i might get a Nereus just to have them all, but can't figure out what that one is supposed to do, wish they would've given it the ability to warp cloaked aswell.

• Locked thread