Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The tournament arc was neat, but I'm really looking forward to the tournament arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HitTheTargets posted:

The tournament arc was neat, but I'm really looking forward to the tournament arc.

Toriyama remembers what sells Dragonball tankobans: tournaments.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If that means more weird rear end looking aliens then bring it on. Just hopefully not yet another Frieza.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So no one is going to mention how Saturn got eaten by Super Shenron?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
everyone got eaten by super shenron

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

everyone got eaten by super shenron

not me

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Meh. No one lives on Saturn so who cares?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He also flew past Jupiter an awful lot.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There were like 5 extra ones in that shot, it's OK.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The dramatic music with the King was amazing.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Goku's handshake with god was a calculated power move.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just realized we are now in uncharted territory were we have no idea of what is happening next other then the episode previews.

We knew the first two arcs of super would be based on the movies, we knew after that their would be a tournament against Champa and the manga got to the tournament first so we knew some of the fighters and details before it was animated. But we really have no idea about what's coming next.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 2, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is real "hold on to your butts" territory for Dragon Ball, then! I hope Universe 6 Gohan is a real warrior, one that Universe 7 Gohan can look up to

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just realized we are now in uncharted territory were we have no idea of what is happening next other then the episode previews.

We knew the first two arcs of super would be based on the movies, we knew after that their would be a tournament against Champa and the manga got to the tournament first so we knew some of the fighters and details before it was animated. But we really have no idea about what's coming next.

This is the first time in my 30 years that this has happened and I don't even know what to do with myself. I never thought this would happen and here I am, actually wondering what could happen in Dragon Ball next week.

Not related to DBSuper: My friend Cathy and I have been trading TV shows; when I met her, she wanted to watch all of Doctor Who, and like 2 years later we finished it. So it was her turn, she showed me Red Dwarf, and now we are simultaneously watching Star Trek and Dragon Ball. She's the type of insane person who (like me) needs to see things in chronological order to appreciate it. We are just got to Tao Pei Pei in Dragon Ball, and she says to me, Cathy says:

"OK, I don't get it. I mean, I like Dragon Ball, I'm willing to watch the majority of it," (I promised her we'd skip filler as long as it wasn't rad as hell) "but I just don't see why this is so popular. What is the mass appeal, like why did this take off all over the world? It's fun, but it's not like it's super revolutionary or hyper exciting. If I never saw another episode, I wouldn't be writhing on my death bed thinking 'but what happens when Goku drinks that water from Korin?"

So I actually have no idea. I told her, at least as I see it, this is pretty much every middle-schooler's power fantasy. Goku et al. and their constant rise to power, along with the constant slaying of endless waves of villains, is pretty much what every young boy fantasizes about and always have, whether it was zombies, aliens, robots, nazis, romans, it's kinda a universal thing and DB resonates with that. Otherwise I had nothing to say about why it was so popular other than "because it fuckin rules". So, really though, why is this such a popular show? Why DO we love this poo poo?

eta:

Carlosologist posted:

this is real "hold on to your butts" territory for Dragon Ball, then! I hope Universe 6 Gohan is a real warrior, one that Universe 7 Gohan can look up to

Oh poo poo it didn't even occur to me there could possibly be a Universe 6 version of the Son Family. Not bloody likely but it could be :allears:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

This is the first time in my 30 years that this has happened and I don't even know what to do with myself. I never thought this would happen and here I am, actually wondering what could happen in Dragon Ball next week.

Not related to DBSuper: My friend Cathy and I have been trading TV shows; when I met her, she wanted to watch all of Doctor Who, and like 2 years later we finished it. So it was her turn, she showed me Red Dwarf, and now we are simultaneously watching Star Trek and Dragon Ball. She's the type of insane person who (like me) needs to see things in chronological order to appreciate it. We are just got to Tao Pei Pei in Dragon Ball, and she says to me, Cathy says:

"OK, I don't get it. I mean, I like Dragon Ball, I'm willing to watch the majority of it," (I promised her we'd skip filler as long as it wasn't rad as hell) "but I just don't see why this is so popular. What is the mass appeal, like why did this take off all over the world? It's fun, but it's not like it's super revolutionary or hyper exciting. If I never saw another episode, I wouldn't be writhing on my death bed thinking 'but what happens when Goku drinks that water from Korin?"

So I actually have no idea. I told her, at least as I see it, this is pretty much every middle-schooler's power fantasy. Goku et al. and their constant rise to power, along with the constant slaying of endless waves of villains, is pretty much what every young boy fantasizes about and always have, whether it was zombies, aliens, robots, nazis, romans, it's kinda a universal thing and DB resonates with that. Otherwise I had nothing to say about why it was so popular other than "because it fuckin rules". So, really though, why is this such a popular show? Why DO we love this poo poo?

eta:

Oh poo poo it didn't even occur to me there could possibly be a Universe 6 version of the Son Family. Not bloody likely but it could be :allears:

Not sure, but the original comic was well drawn, well paced, and invented a winning formula for comics of its genre. Could be that. Sometimes, success is just the result of a lot of random factors outside the text and, while I think that has some reason here, I think it mostly has to do with being a well done superhero series that resonated with people in their youth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want universe 6 Goku to be the mightiest saiyin Lawyer whose wife, Chi-Chi demands their child not study and instead spend his time prize-fighting much to Goku's disappointment. Vegeta is, of course, founding partner at his family law-firm, Vegeta, Vegeta, & Vegeta.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Barudak posted:

I want universe 6 Goku to be the mightiest saiyin Lawyer whose wife, Chi-Chi demands their child not study and instead spend his time prize-fighting much to Goku's disappointment. Vegeta is, of course, founding partner at his family law-firm, Vegeta, Vegeta, & Vegeta.

I would watch an entire series about this.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
Prince Vegeta, Attorney of Law featuring Son Goku. Episode 1: Vegeta's Big Bang.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Better Call Saul but with Raditz as Chuck and Goku as Jimmy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

B

eta:

Because it was the first show of its kind that was kicking rad with a plot that carries between episodes instead of each episode doing its own thing. The plot was more mature, you saw guys dying going to the next dimension. It's the seinfeld effect or whatever its called. Also DBZ (specifically the Frieza saga) is when it really became a cultural fad thing AFAIK, which you're not up to.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

universe 6 gohan is future gohan from trunks' timeline, except actually strong

Kild posted:

Better Call Saul but with Raditz as Chuck and Goku as Jimmy

better call cell

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

all the fanfics are going to have to be rewritten

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cq80QOC7v4

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So the next arc really is just going to be Dragon Ball Multiverse? Alright, I'm down for that. Hopefully more people than just Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo get to fight.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

there's no way they'll just do two straight up tournament arcs back to back, so there's either going to be something that happens between them or the tournament will get hijacked by some evil guy's plans halfway through

but im pretty hype for more tournament arc action

didn't toriyama tease the return of Future Trunks too? what if he's part of the tourney

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

there's no way they'll just do two straight up tournament arcs back to back, so there's either going to be something that happens between them or the tournament will get hijacked by some evil guy's plans halfway through

but im pretty hype for more tournament arc action

didn't toriyama tease the return of Future Trunks too? what if he's part of the tourney

Universe 7 and 6 are mirror universes.

Universe 6's humans were wiped out.

Future Trunk's timeline had a heart virus and Androids wipe out nearly all human life.

Future Trunk's saved his timeline.

Future Trunks only stopped Cell and the Androids.

We don't know what happened with Majin Buu in Future Trunks timeline.

Universe 6's Earth and its people were just restored.

Future Trunks was teased to return.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Future Trunks comes from a different timeline, not a different Universe. His world has a Freeza, Saiyans are from planet Vegeta, etc.

Covok
May 27, 2013

-Fish- posted:

Future Trunks comes from a different timeline, not a different Universe. His world has a Freeza, Saiyans are from planet Vegeta, etc.

lol Goodpoint. Forgot about that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Universe 7 and 6 are mirror universes.

Universe 6's humans were wiped out.

Future Trunk's timeline had a heart virus and Androids wipe out nearly all human life.

Future Trunk's saved his timeline.

Future Trunks only stopped Cell and the Androids.

We don't know what happened with Majin Buu in Future Trunks timeline.

Universe 6's Earth and its people were just restored.

Future Trunks was teased to return.

Future Trunks would be 10. The same age as current Trunks.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Does his timeline have its own 12 universes?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rhonne posted:

So the next arc really is just going to be Dragon Ball Multiverse? Alright, I'm down for that. Hopefully more people than just Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo get to fight.

its possible, i mean dbs is already doing really good about other people getting to fight and win (goku was only able to beat winnie the buu this tournament)

i also wonder if we'll see any villians from earth 6. maybe the just created humans will dig up the weapons they used to destroy themselves the first time?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Earth 6 is revived. Red Ribbon returns.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Garlic Jr. is makes his comeback!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

Future Trunks would be 10. The same age as current Trunks.

actually he'd probably be younger or non existant depending on when the earth killed itself

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

future trunks would be the same age as this time line's trunks because they are the same person in different timelines

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It'll be a different future Trunks from a different horrible alternate future. The horrible future of Dragon Ball GT!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was expecting Super Shenron to be big, but I didn't think he would be as big as a galactic supercluster! I am very impressed by Dragonball Super keeping up with the latest in actual cosmology, most shows wouldn't bother.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I really hope New Earth in Universe 6 has some battle-hardened Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha analogues from their war with the Red Ribbon Army and King Kamiccolo that just got revived by the Dragonballs. They'll be the link to making the humans demi-gods.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want the krillin of each universe to fuse together into one ultimate krillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want the president of Earth 6 to be a cat person.

• Locked thread