Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What FC left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

There are then four other threads for four different goon groups in Eve who are all mostly at odds with one another. Except Groon. Groon are nice and good.

I'll just say that ISRAD has no ill will to groon or tenbux or really goonwaffe other than the fact we are 'fighting' them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

What FC left?

vily i guess?

Massasoit posted:

I'll just say that ISRAD has no ill will to groon or tenbux or really goonwaffe other than the fact we are 'fighting' them.

did penif get paid for the alliance or did he do it as a big troll for free

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Tuskers Co. ended up winning the series 3-1 to be crowned the season champions. They earned 45 of the rare Independent Gaming Commission [IGC] Typhoon skins. These were made specially for the Collides tournament in coordination with CCP.

We Form VOLTA, who took 2nd, received 30 skins. Warlords of the Deep, who placed 3rd, received 20 skins. Coming in 4th was Hard Knocks who received 15 skins.

Edit - Ullerm, what are your thoughts on the format for Collides versus the normal AT format? I know you used to be a big nerd about that stuff.

First, congrats to Tuskers, you guys are awesome.

I love the Worlds Collide format, although it's also super high stress for the team. Because you can't reuse any one hull for more than one format, it means you really need two things:

* A team of players that are extremely crosstrained and capable of flying many ships and many roles, which is hard to get without a bit of account-sharing.
* A really good tactical theorycrafter.

Something like the recent Amarr Championships, where you had standard-ish AT rules for the lower brackets but Collides rules for the finals, is really good IMO.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ynglaur posted:

It's deeply telling that we are more concerned over having a good forums mod than we are when FCs leave, than when allies backstab or abandon us, than when senior GSOL people leave, or even when Good Posters depart for r/eve (hi Endie). No, all of those things pale compared to losing the Forums Moderator.

:justpost: is very important to GSF. When this big war started in earnest last month, the posting/day in the old thread basically tripled. Admittedly most of it was terrible (and there wasn't much else to do thanks to the blueball meta) but that's how it goes.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Massasoit posted:

how bitter is salastil

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

how bitter is salastil

I hang with anyone that is willing. I wasn't mad at the schism, I was mad at the particular subset of people who rushed onto gf.com and here to spin a narrative that we were always planning to go gently caress goons and were literally making stuff up about us. ISRAD will always stir the pot a bit just for some amusement but we're not doing it out of malice against GSF or the people in it, drama is funny and Darius' antics have certainly produced a few laughs for all sides I'd think. I talk to people on the SA Discord in the EVE channel daily. If standings wouldn't obstruct it I'd even fly with GSF people. The idea someone floated of all the Goon corps banding together to kill FCON was a stellar idea.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Are we not talking about the Aeon we killed today? :v:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53696853/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Was he trying to rat in that? Ahahaha :getin:

Seriously though I've talked to dudes in the SA discord and Short Bus and SLYCE are notable pvp powerhouses responsible for great things such as

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Was he trying to rat in that? Ahahaha :getin:

Seriously though I've talked to dudes in the SA discord and Short Bus and SLYCE are notable pvp powerhouses responsible for great things such as

Actually he has been ratting in it all day. He was too easy to spook so we nabbed a thanatos instead. Then he warped the aeon in to save the thanatos, and well.

Note this is all second hand. But so far in the last week we've killed about five carriers, one dread, now a super, and a crapload of rattlesnakes.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and say these paisti syndicate guys stupid as gently caress and are going to get murdered by the bakers dozen and Horde has a better chance of keeping Fade than these jackasses do dek.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 2, 2016

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Actually he has been ratting in it all day. He was too easy to spook so we nabbed a thanatos instead. Then he warped the aeon in to save the thanatos, and well.

Note this is all second hand. But so far in the last week we've killed about five carriers, one dread, now a super, and a crapload of rattlesnakes.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and say these paisti syndicate guys stupid as gently caress and are going to get murdered by the bakers dozen and Horde has a better chance of keeping Fade than these jackasses do dek.

We were trying to snag 4 ratting carriers + him but were being slow and they all gated/jumped out. We tackled the last carrier on the other side of the gate and he cyno'd in 4 more carriers and then the Aeon warped over to help.

After we killed the first carrier and almost the second all the carriers pulled drones and started trying to bail. We killed one more and almost another before they gated out leaving the Aeon to die. The Aeon just sat there trying to smartbomb us while Travis Wells kept him bubbled.

The dread we got yesterday was my first cap kill ever, two carriers and a super today, black ops is pretty fun.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its good that the dumbest people got dek

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Killing dumb ratters in dek is fun, I gotta get some ships into bridge range and go do stuff. If I can find the login button :effort:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

did penif get paid for the alliance or did he do it as a big troll for free

I will never reveal is ISRAD secret

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly, I've been wanting to kill ratters in Dek for years now so I'm basically living the dream right now.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Massasoit posted:

I will never reveal is ISRAD secret
u monster

Rhymenoserous posted:

Honestly, I've been wanting to kill ratters in Dek for years now so I'm basically living the dream right now.

so it's exactly like hunting goonfleetswarm

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Since we've lost our SOV we don't want to push too hard and break them before we kill everything they have to rat with, so if the retaking of dek takes a long while I wont mind as long as there are ratters to kill. What's the minimum comp that can roam and gently caress ratters up? Do Sa Matra Specials work still?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Since we've lost our SOV we don't want to push too hard and break them before we kill everything they have to rat with, so if the retaking of dek takes a long while I wont mind as long as there are ratters to kill. What's the minimum comp that can roam and gently caress ratters up? Do Sa Matra Specials work still?

there was that neut stratios that one guy flew a lot in deklein and killed some nerds, that probably still works on subcaps

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm thinking I'll put one pilot on a malediction or w/e for initial tackle and the other be in a stratios. Can a stratios take down a ratting Rattlesnake?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I like stratios's with an interceptor for scout/initial tackle. Makes you hard to catch and you should be able to kill virtually anything. You'll want two at least though if you're hunting rattlers or you risk dying if the guy is helltanked.

If you are willing to take more risks when travelling but be safer when on grid and require less pilots I've used this, it's tanked solo rattlesnakes easily (just don't forget to turn off your MWD) and I've also gone toe to toe with a nightmare with it. You should be able to solo pretty easily with it but absolutely do not fly without a scout.

code:
[Legion, double neut self rep]

Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II
Corpum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Legion Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Legion Electronics - Energy Parasitic Complex
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization
Legion Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Legion Propulsion - Chassis Optimization
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52979704/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52978911/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I need to get back into J-space because if we're stepping up anti-ratter ops, whole squid will be the place to be, because most holes wind up in Dek/Tenal/Branch/etc. Is Goku bumpin' yet or is it still dead?

E: Also gently caress staging from Saranenene because god dammit I didn't like staging from Dek for PVP poo poo, staging from Saranen to roam Dek is a pain in the dick.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rhymenoserous posted:

Being able to farm retards in Deklein without going gently caress Goons might be what gets me to resub tbh.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Is Goku bumpin' yet or is it still dead?

we deported our structure-management incompetence to groon (rip groon guys, please come back, we still love you) and successfully set up a citadel while destroying all who dared gaze upon Mi Mi Coleslaw's Beach Resort

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Holesquad on that citadel poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

we deported our structure-management incompetence to groon (rip groon guys, please come back, we still love you) and successfully set up a citadel while destroying all who dared gaze upon Mi Mi Coleslaw's Beach Resort

Holy poo poo this is the thing i needed to push me back into wormholes, this should be in the holesquad recruitment OP.

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Holy poo poo this is the thing i needed to push me back into wormholes, this should be in the holesquad recruitment OP.

I've been loving with the citadel all day and haven't really gotten around to updating the recruitment thread yet

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Praise Mi Mi for she is love you

also catface

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How much do the various sizes of citadel cost?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

CainFortea posted:

What FC left?

Clay hakaari :v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

:toot: :toot:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Of course this happens on a day when I don't have time to play

:madprops:

E: why isn't that an emote here :mad:

JanIrvam
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

The forum is only visible after you've accumulated enough posts, or bought platinum.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well, that and you need to post your introduction thread in FYAD. Once accepted they will press the button to reveal the goon subforum

Lordbaldur
Apr 25, 2016

JanIrvam posted:

this guy is like the guys ive been talking about, fkin dox him....

DumbAzRocks
Sep 5, 2013

JanIrvam posted:

The Eve intel is so secret, we hide it through five different threads.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

JanIrvam posted:

You should be ashamed of yourself. There is no need to substitute Freaking for loving these days.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Came back and mined for about 3 hours before eating a suicide gank. I don't care about money and it's within the rules so it's whatever, fair play, I'm just kinda hoping Videogames doesn't get jumped similarly upon reaching mining barges.

My pvp guy can do all kinds of t2 stuff but I pretty much just want to fly around in something like a navitas or scythe, are there any goon groups suited for this?

Is upgrading your clone no longer a thing?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Came back and mined for about 3 hours before eating a suicide gank. I don't care about money and it's within the rules so it's whatever, fair play, I'm just kinda hoping Videogames doesn't get jumped similarly upon reaching mining barges.

My pvp guy can do all kinds of t2 stuff but I pretty much just want to fly around in something like a navitas or scythe, are there any goon groups suited for this?

Is upgrading your clone no longer a thing?

I kind of hope he does get ganked because according to CCP, those who get violenced early tend to stick around longer. Gank VG if you love him. :3:

Also yes, clones are dead (and good riddance).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Also rename the sqwidadel Fhloston Paradise god dammit Dod I shouldn't even have to say this. :argh:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

JanIrvam posted:

jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fix Lag posted:

Best thing is we dropped right after a bunch of elite pvp wormhole people came into system and made fun of us for not having one. The ultimate :condi:

• Locked thread