Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Everyone sticks together into the merge, Wedge in back so he can try to slow roll with BB8.. Then I try to block wth Biggs if he's still alive. In general I find people go for Wedge first after Biggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

General Battuta posted:

Everyone sticks together into the merge, Wedge in back so he can try to slow roll with BB8.. Then I try to block wth Biggs if he's still alive. In general I find people go for Wedge first after Biggs.

drat, General. That list sounds like it really kicks some rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9dUG3_KNA&t=2016s

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Poe cards are gone. 14 goons have sucked them up! For those Australians/UK people, I think shipping will be around $5. It should only be an envelope. I'll let you know after I go to the post office tomorrow.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Brunas posted:

Trip report? Just finished up at Stele. Anyone else here before I head out? Wouldn't want to miss it because I forgot to ask before the event.

Guess not. I can post an actual trip report if anyone cares, but the short story is I wanted to get my custom stupid ship on stream, mission accomplished boys.

Here's me getting absolutely assblasted in the RO8 (starts at around 53):

https://www.twitch.tv/steleenterprises/v/63945100

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Strobe posted:

Current TTS league interest:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate
Deviant
overdesigned
siggy2021
AndyElusive
Talas
Brunas
canyonero
Herux
De Rol Le
guts and bolts
Langolas
Major Isoor
Spiggy

This is the final sign up for the TTS League. I count 21, which means we will have three pools of 7 each. This is going to make matchmaking a liiiiiittle bit annoying to schedule, but it's okay because I am a masochist and the pain appeals to me.

I will have week 1's games ready by tonight. Phase 1 will be a round robin within your pools. Phase 2 will be a semi-swiss between pools (i.e. trying to match the upper level players against each other to help ensure games are competitive). Phases 1 and 2 will both be six games and seven weeks long, with a bye in each, for a total of 14 weeks. Phase 3 will be single-elimination at the end of the regular season. This does mean that the schedule for Phase 2 will not be complete until probably the week before those games start. I will, however, have the first seven weeks' worth of games schedules ready this evening.

Does anyone have any objections to this format?

Everyone who's name is on this list, if you have PMs please send me your list in PMs. If you do not, send them to me on Steam (I'm strobe213, handle Strobe in the group). Additionally if you are not in the group, please let me know and I will see if I can get you an invite or added.

Players are responsible for ensuring that their games are played. Use this space, or the Steam group to set-up your games. Once your games are complete, send the results to me either by PM, posting in this thread, messaging me on Steam, or posting the results in the Steam group, whatever you and your opponent are comfortable doing. Tell me the number of points destroyed, and who won. If a game does not take place, and one player made significant effort to contact the other to set-up the game, and the other did not respond or blew it off, that game will be considered a win for the player attempting to get the game started.

Since this is the first week, and there may be kinks to iron out, players will have until next Saturday, May 14th to report the results of their games to me. Please do not play for three games and then stop bothering, it's really loving annoying.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
WEEK ONE OF THE SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM TR-8R MEMORIAL X-WING LEAGUE

Pool 1:

The Gate vs Overdesigned
Langolas vs De Rol Le
ConfusedUs vs Deviant
Major Isoor BYE

Pool 2:

Brunas vs Herux
Talas vs ro5s
siggy2021 vs General Battuta
Spiggy BYE

Pool 3:
Strobe vs FinsterDexter
Chemmy vs Aramoro
AndyElusive vs canyonero
guts and bolts BYE

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Strobe posted:

This is the final sign up for the TTS League. I count 21, which means we will have three pools of 7 each. This is going to make matchmaking a liiiiiittle bit annoying to schedule, but it's okay because I am a masochist and the pain appeals to me.

I will have week 1's games ready by tonight. Phase 1 will be a round robin within your pools. Phase 2 will be a semi-swiss between pools (i.e. trying to match the upper level players against each other to help ensure games are competitive). Phases 1 and 2 will both be six games and seven weeks long, with a bye in each, for a total of 14 weeks. Phase 3 will be single-elimination at the end of the regular season. This does mean that the schedule for Phase 2 will not be complete until probably the week before those games start. I will, however, have the first seven weeks' worth of games schedules ready this evening.

Everyone who's name is on this list, if you have PMs please send me your list in PMs. If you do not, send them to me on Steam (I'm strobe213, handle Strobe in the group). Additionally if you are not in the group, please let me know and I will see if I can get you an invite or added.

Players are responsible for ensuring that their games are played. Use this space, or the Steam group to set-up your games. Once your games are complete, send the results to me either by PM, posting in this thread, messaging me on Steam, or posting the results in the Steam group, whatever you and your opponent are comfortable doing. Tell me the number of points destroyed, and who won. If a game does not take place, and one player made significant effort to contact the other to set-up the game, and the other did not respond or blew it off, that game will be considered a win for the player attempting to get the game started.

Since this is the first week, and there may be kinks to iron out, players will have until next Saturday, May 14th to report the results of their games to me. Please do not play for three games and then stop bothering, it's really loving annoying.

Ok cool. I didn't see anywhere, is this standard 100pt format? Also I'm gonna have to learn to TTS from whoever I play.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Had a nice win against a buddy of mine doing Thug Life, with two of the four Ywings sporting ion cannons. I ran this list (title is a Mitch Hedburg reference):

You Sure Like TIE/D (100)

Rexler Brath (51) - TIE Defender
Predator (3), Ion Pulse Missiles (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

"Howlrunner" (23) - TIE Fighter
Swarm Tactics (2), Hull Upgrade (3)

Academy Pilot (13) - TIE Fighter
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Academy Pilot (13) - TIE Fighter
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

I lost just one academy TIE before going to time. I was wasted two Y-Wings with one on deaths door and the other with no shields. I think I might drop Ion Pulse Missiles to give Howlrunner shields or something. She's great to run in a mini pack.

Maybe pair her up with some TIE Bombers...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

want that poe case

Yeah it'a v colorful. When i go home i'll look around for more. the small Q-tip tins are amazing. I can't break the habit of using tins to hold all my stuff but maybe one day, when I play a list that's too large to fit in a lunch box, I'll use those 3d-printed plastic things I made. Double ghost :evilbuddy:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Deviant posted:

Ok cool. I didn't see anywhere, is this standard 100pt format? Also I'm gonna have to learn to TTS from whoever I play.

Yes. Thanks for the reminder.

All TTS League games will be 100 point format, with all the trappings that entails (modified wins, MOV, etc.).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

Thanks for your hard work, Strobe! (and hopefully I can play matches against Australians/people in my region too, to make organizing times significantly easier..) I look forward to actually playing with goons! Fortunately I'm on a slightly earlier shift, so I should be available for a chunk of extra time during the afternoon (oztime), which'll hopefully help my otherwise-slightly restricted availability somewhat. (Free on Saturday though, which is US Friday afternoon-night)

Also, what time on Saturday 14th May will it end, by the way? At the start of the day, or the end?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Major Isoor posted:

Thanks for your hard work, Strobe! (and hopefully I can play matches against Australians/people in my region too, to make organizing times significantly easier..) I look forward to actually playing with goons! Fortunately I'm on a slightly earlier shift, so I should be available for a chunk of extra time during the afternoon (oztime), which'll hopefully help my otherwise-slightly restricted availability somewhat. (Free on Saturday though, which is US Friday afternoon-night)

Also, what time on Saturday 14th May will it end, by the way? At the start of the day, or the end?

Please, if possible, finish by 2359 GMT on the 14th of May so I can post the schedule for the next week on time that evening before I go to bed.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah it'a v colorful. When i go home i'll look around for more. the small Q-tip tins are amazing. I can't break the habit of using tins to hold all my stuff but maybe one day, when I play a list that's too large to fit in a lunch box, I'll use those 3d-printed plastic things I made. Double ghost :evilbuddy:

The tins come with the poe case? If so thats awesome and i doubly want one. If you find another one ill buy it off you

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Is it a national dollar store chain?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Brunas posted:

Guess not. I can post an actual trip report if anyone cares, but the short story is I wanted to get my custom stupid ship on stream, mission accomplished boys.

Whats on that deci? A hat and what else? Pics?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

The tins come with the poe case? If so thats awesome and i doubly want one. If you find another one ill buy it off you

No, the smaller tins are for Q-tips and are only $1 (some dollar stores will have them for $2). The larger Poe tin is supposed to be a pencil case, as I recall. There's a variety of them, but the ones I've seen have first order and phasma graphics. Try looking around any dollar store or convenience store in your area. I can only imagine shipping something like this would cost $5 itself, negating the cheap price you should be able to get it for.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Poe cards are gone. 14 goons have sucked them up! For those Australians/UK people, I think shipping will be around $5. It should only be an envelope. I'll let you know after I go to the post office tomorrow.

Thanks dude! You're awesome!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brunas posted:

I'm not surprised. Steve is v good and he's one of the guys I normally talk to about cool strats and tips and tricks. I heard my friend Jason won something and came home with a giant nebulon B ship. I love the #yoloswag on the decimator though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:tipshat: Thank you good goon! You rock and I look forward to having a fancy Poe. May need to find that case Chill got too. :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Brunas posted:

Build a wall and make the Rebellion pay for it.
That is inspired. :golfclap:

I still want to paint up brobots as Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Here's my mspaint artist's rendition, with giant aviator sunglasses, goatee, and big beefy arms (with streamers for Macho Man)
OHHH YEAHH

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant posted:

That'd be me. Some tutorials have been linked in this thread, so that's a good place to start.

You good some night this week? Say around 9pm central?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Otisburg posted:

Is it a national dollar store chain?

I think it was Five Below. I was just glad that they can fit the maneuver templates. Here is my lunchbox, an L5R tin, with triple jumpmaster. Fits flush with other tins below Poe:

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 2, 2016

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

zVxTeflon posted:

Whats on that deci? A hat and what else? Pics?

I'll post some picks in a sec, let me see if I can get this poo poo camera to work

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm not surprised. Steve is v good and he's one of the guys I normally talk to about cool strats and tips and tricks. I heard my friend Jason won something and came home with a giant nebulon B ship. I love the #yoloswag on the decimator though.

He's a good guy, was glad to see him with the thing. He almost blocked Tel off the edge of the board in the last turn of the finals, it was beautiful.

Also, it didn't make the stream, but the little dance he did after one-shotting the inquisitor was hilarious.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Brunas posted:

whaaaa?? the gently caress did you do to that decimator?

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

whaaaa?? the gently caress did you do to that decimator?

Great things. Yuge things! We're tired of the Empire not winning anymore. Soon we're going to win so much we'll be sick of winning! Please note the epic base + large peg to make sure he's always the tallest ship on the table. Also, the toupee and hat weren't attached to the ship in any way so it was falling off constantly to add to the effect.

Here's the paintjob, a nice ugly spray tan orange with red/white/blue stripes:

With the toupee and hat:

Ship base w/ wall:

Banner view:

Also, I can take almost none of the credit for how well this turned out. A few local people around here helped out and really went the extra mile to make it awesome.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

^^^
Edit: holy poo poo it's the TRUMPimator

Speaking of Decimators, I took this list to Regionals in Tulsa this weekend.

Rear Admiral Chiraneau
Predator
Darth Vader
Rebel Captive
Gunner
Engine Upgrade

Inquisitor
Push the Limit
TIE/v1
Autothrusters
Proton Rockets

Final record was 4-2, and ended up 19th out of 60.

My favorite match of the day was against this rebel Z95 munitions swarm that had been cleaning up all day. He'd tabled three opponents in a row before me. This guy had 5x talas and blount. Two with thread tracers, one with ion pulse, three with concussion. I wiped him out, hard without giving him the chance to shoot a single missile. Dragged the swarm through a debris field, double-stressing several, then dodged blount's arc and killed him in one volley with the decimator.

I did something similar to a crack swarm the previous round. It was beautiful.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Brunas posted:

Great things. Yuge things! We're tired of the Empire not winning anymore. Soon we're going to win so much we'll be sick of winning! Please note the epic base + large peg to make sure he's always the tallest ship on the table. Also, the toupee and hat weren't attached to the ship in any way so it was falling off constantly to add to the effect.

Here's the paintjob, a nice ugly spray tan orange with red/white/blue stripes:

With the toupee and hat:

Ship base w/ wall:

Banner view:

Also, I can take almost none of the credit for how well this turned out. A few local people around here helped out and really went the extra mile to make it awesome.

glorious

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Brunas posted:

I know space lasers.

I have the best space lasers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Seismic Charges (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Predator (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Rebel Captive (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Too many eggs in one bomber-shaped basket? I dunno, I just don't want to not do anything with the bomber half of Veterans.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Seismic Charges (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Predator (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Rebel Captive (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)

Too many eggs in one bomber-shaped basket? I dunno, I just don't want to not do anything with the bomber half of Veterans.

You have six missiles/torps and two bombs. Do you really think there's any reasonable chance you get *all* of that off before Tomax dies?

Because I don't.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I dunno, I just don't want to not do anything with the bomber half of Veterans.

Part of me wants some sort of boarding-action design space where you can put stormtrooper squad on your TIE/Lambda/Kylo shuttles, but it really can't exist sensibly in X-Wing scale and really belongs in Armada, which just didn't grab me.

...I recently watched the episode of Rebels where they use a stolen TIE shuttle to attempt to commandeer an entire Imperial fighter/bomber carrier, and it was fairly good.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

quote:

Pool 2:
Brunas vs Herux

I'm free to play whenever after Wednesday basically. Desperately need a mental break after this weekend

Otisburg posted:

I know space lasers.

I have the best space lasers.

Yep, this is what I was doing the whole time. Well, at least until the like 5th round when things got more serious as people were concerned about the cut. Nobody wants to hear "I KNOW RED DICE! WE ROLL THE BEST RED DICE!" or "OUR SITH LORDS DELIVER THE BEST CRITS" when he murders whatever imp ace they brought knocking them out of the cut. Got a few people to lose it when he blocked with a "The wall just got 10 feet higher", those were the best.

The salt would have been real, though.

Brunas fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 2, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Otisburg posted:

Part of me wants some sort of boarding-action design space where you can put stormtrooper squad on your TIE/Lambda/Kylo shuttles, but it really can't exist sensibly in X-Wing scale and really belongs in Armada, which just didn't grab me.

...I recently watched the episode of Rebels where they use a stolen TIE shuttle to attempt to commandeer an entire Imperial fighter/bomber carrier, and it was fairly good.

Load some troopers into the torpedo tubes, smash them through the glass.

ConfusedUs posted:

You have six missiles/torps and two bombs. Do you really think there's any reasonable chance you get *all* of that off before Tomax dies?

Because I don't.

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Predator (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Rebel Captive (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 2, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Seismic Charges (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Predator (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Rebel Captive (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)

Great post/username combo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Brunas posted:

I'm free to play whenever after Wednesday basically. Desperately need a mental break after this weekend

Yep, this is what I was doing the whole time. Well, at least until the like 5th round when things got more serious as people were concerned about the cut. Nobody wants to hear "I KNOW RED DICE! WE ROLL THE BEST RED DICE!" or "OUR SITH LORDS DELIVER THE BEST CRITS" when he murders whatever imp ace they brought knocking them out of the cut. Got a few people to lose it when he blocked with a "The wall just got 10 feet higher", those were the best.

The salt would have been real, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

At least watch until the ESB Rebel Base discovery on the Executor scene redub.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

Pool 3:
Strobe vs FinsterDexter
Chemmy vs Aramoro
AndyElusive vs canyonero
guts and bolts BYE

Are there any rules? Do we need the same list every week or are the six of us going to fist gently caress Strobe's XXX list with hard counters?

edit: lmao you're Strobe and I'm awful at xwing but nonetheless it's a reasonable question

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 2, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

one day i guess ill get TTS and play the wangs on it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

Are there any rules? Do we need the same list every week or are the six of us going to fist gently caress Strobe's XXX list with hard counters?

edit: lmao you're Strobe and I'm awful at xwing but nonetheless it's a reasonable question

Normal tournament style games, but you can change your list from week to week. Since this is week 1 and deliberately netlisting hard counters for your opponent is a Dick MoveTM, plus I didn't give a lot of warning to that effect, I'm not too concerned about it right now. Before the next match pairings are posted, I'm going to ask everybody for their list sent to me by whatever message service works best that isn't public (unless you don't give a poo poo what your opponent knows about your list before they play you). I was going to ask for those once matches were reported this round, but this sounds like as good a time as any to mention it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I mean, we're all dicks or we wouldn't be here, but are you saying whatever we fly week 1 is what we're stuck with?

I'm ok with that, I just want clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

I mean, we're all dicks or we wouldn't be here, but are you saying whatever we fly week 1 is what we're stuck with?

I'm ok with that, I just want clarity.

Strobe posted:

Normal tournament style games, but you can change your list from week to week.

:v: I guess this is my cue to be a dick, because that was literally the first sentence of my post.

• Locked thread