Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Capn Beeb posted:

Also I miss Woodhouse :(

daww, now i remembered :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Capn Beeb posted:

:(:hf::(

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Lana is wearing the Tsarina and CherylCarolCarinaCristalCherleneTanya is wearing very clown-like makeup

Also next episode is probably gonna have the scene from previews with Pam dressing down from her disguise like she's gonna fight someone and I'm happy with this. Pam being a rough n tumble street fighter has always been one of my favorite parts of her character.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Cheryl/Tania/Carol/Cyrilla is going harley quinn on the crew, isn't she.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hosed you on a blimp is a great line, in an episode with many great lines

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Also next episode is probably gonna have the scene from previews with Pam dressing down from her disguise like she's gonna fight someone and I'm happy with this. Pam being a rough n tumble street fighter has always been one of my favorite parts of her character.

I'm betting that she's dressing down to (unknowingly) pick a fight with Archer since he didn't tell anyone he was undercover (for obvious reasons).

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Cat Hatter posted:

I'm betting that she's dressing down to (unknowingly) pick a fight with Archer since he didn't tell anyone he was undercover (for obvious reasons).

This is honestly the most likely and best possible outcome

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm pretty sure Casper he Friendly Ghost is the Lindbergh baby.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought he was dead baby jesus

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Ego-bot posted:

This show really needs to drop Pam and Cheryl. They don't have any good interaction with the rest of the cast, just shout some stupid lines that get passed over easily.

You need to shut your god drat whore mouth! Cheryl narrating Mr. Rompers was amazing.

Dragonrah fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 30, 2016

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

There were so many good lines in this episode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the erection gag from last season is a good one that I hope keeps coming up (phrasing)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Capn Beeb posted:

That's okay, I'm pretty sure we all do.

double nine posted:

Cheryl/Tania/Carol/Cyrilla is going harley quinn on the crew, isn't she.

I'm 90% sure Cheryl is going to end up killing Mr. Rompers with her bare hands if he rejects her.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The "How's Nobody?" line made me laugh harder than any other show has in a long time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ego-bot posted:

This show really needs to drop Pam and Cheryl. They don't have any good interaction with the rest of the cast, just shout some stupid lines that get passed over easily. They remind me of Kristen Schaal's character from 30 Rock, only not quite as terrible.

Capn Beeb posted:

Also yeah I still like Pam and Cheryl/Carol/Crystaaaaalll/Taniawhatever her name is at any given hour. Didn't much care for Coke Pam and Charlene, though.
They're easy to overdo, and they were overdone in season 5, but they're pretty great when they're used well (as in this episode).

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I dunno if anyone watched Obama's last White House Correspondent's speech last night, but the Photoshop of Michelle Obama suspended on wires tending to her White House garden gave me Lana vibes.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Y-Hat posted:

I dunno if anyone watched Obama's last White House Correspondent's speech last night, but the Photoshop of Michelle Obama suspended on wires tending to her White House garden gave me Lana vibes.

Doing that stunt for real would certainly take her to the...

(wait for it)

DANGER

ZONE

:boom:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Placing money on chreryl transferring her Stockholm syndrome to archer by end of episode to Lanas disgust.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

"I hope I'm not allergic to clown blood."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Some people upthread were taking a moral inventory, which got me thinking. What's the worst thing Archer has actually done? He's a dickbag, but it's the other characters who are rapists, embezzlers and slavers. Well, okay, he enslaved Noah, but that guy was a total wiener. He blew the covers of all those undercover agents, bailed on protecting Jakov and crashed the space shuttle with everyone in it, but that was negligent incompetence rather than outright malice. The only really malicious thing he does is treating Woodhouse like poo poo.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

He stole that completely innocent guy's candy and flowers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Strictly speaking Noah was already enslaved, Archer just declined to grant him manumission.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

He kidnapped Burton Reynolds. He also had sex with some lady while she was on her honeymoon, but to be fair that marriage was doomed (her husband had left her all alone in a hotel room to go off and play 36 rounds of golf on their wedding night, not very thoughtful.)

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He kidnapped Burton Reynolds. He also had sex with some lady while she was on her honeymoon, but to be fair that marriage was doomed (her husband had left her all alone in a hotel room to go off and play 36 rounds of golf on their wedding night, not very thoughtful.)

Holy poo poo, you learn something every day. I looked it up and he actually was born Burton, I just thought you were being weird. But that response was highly appropriate and if Burton was diddling your mom you'd do the same thing.

As for Noah, he did make him first mate, so it wasn't as if he was still a slave he just couldn't leave the island. One thing I noticed in the "pre pre" episode is that as much as Archer bullies Cyril, he always protects him as he did when he made sure to pull Cyril out of the sniper's LOS.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dragonrah posted:

As for Noah, he did make him first mate, so it wasn't as if he was still a slave he just couldn't leave the island. One thing I noticed in the "pre pre" episode is that as much as Archer bullies Cyril, he always protects him as he did when he made sure to pull Cyril out of the sniper's LOS.

He protects him whenever he's not viciously picking on him. From things he says though, I feel like even though they clearly honestly dislike each other, Archer feels like maybe they're just horsing around. Like for him there isn't much of a line between 'teasing' and 'shooting in the chest'.

I think the worst thing he did to Cyril was blaming all that stuff in Vegas on him so he got arrested and beaten up. Or stopping his heart with that laser-gun thing on the space shuttle for no reason. It's funny because by contrast Cyril is really easy to dislike because most of his flaws are more relatable and human and the ways he's a dickhead are more recognisable. He's an ineffectual hypocrite and it's infuriating.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

taqueso posted:

He stole that completely innocent guy's candy and flowers.

That was clearly Cyril Figgis. Twice

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HopperUK posted:

He protects him whenever he's not viciously picking on him. From things he says though, I feel like even though they clearly honestly dislike each other, Archer feels like maybe they're just horsing around. Like for him there isn't much of a line between 'teasing' and 'shooting in the chest'.

I feel like this exchange from "Drastic Voyage part 1" encapsulates their relationship pretty well:

Cyril: Why do you constantly antagonize him?

Archer: Oh my God! Cyril, are you jealous?

Cyril: No, I'm -

Archer: I'm gonna make it up to you, buddy.

Cyril: Oh please don't.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Not telling Woodhouse that Dickie died.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Golem II posted:

Not telling Woodhouse that Dickie died.

Well he does basically own him.

I swear quoting this show is almost as fun as watching it.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

HopperUK posted:

I think the worst thing he did to Cyril was blaming all that stuff in Vegas on him so he got arrested and beaten up. Or stopping his heart with that laser-gun thing on the space shuttle for no reason.

Riding Cyril on the Vomit Comet, making his face go through every ball of Lana's puke.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Under the assumption he was a father, he switched his blood with Cyril's
That was a pretty dick move. Pawn off a lifetime of parenthood on someone else. Obviously, it backfired in the end...but the concept was pretty bad

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Victimless crimes, Mikey.

Archer wouldn't have pawned parenthood off on Cyril either way; all he would have accomplished was bailing out of his own responsibility if Cyril hadn't been the real father

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

He's a dickbag, but it's the other characters who are rapists, embezzlers and slavers. Well, okay, he enslaved Noah, but that guy was a total wiener. He blew the covers of all those undercover agents, bailed on protecting Jakov and crashed the space shuttle with everyone in it, but that was negligent incompetence rather than outright malice.
The space shuttle was definitely malicious. Sure, he didn't mean to paralyze Ray or send everyone else to the hospital, but he still put everyone in danger to fulfill his own childish, selfish impulse.

Same for the undercover agents. The simple fact that he tried to cover his own rear end is telling enough.

Kajeesus posted:

The only really malicious thing he does is treating Woodhouse like poo poo.
And the way he treats him is basically slavery. Just because he isn't aware that Woodhouse isn't really his slave (because Woodhouse is actually paid, Archer just doesn't realize it) doesn't make it okay. Not to mention, of course, Archer's endorsement of slavery ("What's to prove? It's free labor!") when it doesn't apply to him and his gross misunderstanding of it (he balks at working for free but sees no problem in owning another human being).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well sure, we all have our foibles. I throw cigarette butts out of the car window, for instance.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Stop doing that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

taqueso posted:

Stop doing that.

Do you not?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Archer talking about his tailor and cobwainer were always funny to me. Actually, all of Archer's comments on fashion and the like are pretty drat funny

"It's cashmere, Lana. There are rules!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Carlosologist posted:

Archer talking about his tailor and cobwainer were always funny to me. Actually, all of Archer's comments on fashion and the like are pretty drat funny

"It's cashmere, Lana. There are rules!"

To be fair, there really are. It's cashmere.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help me, I've started to integrate Ray's sardonic "You know..." into my irl speech patterns. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
IT'S AFTER, LABOR DAY

• Locked thread