Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you got a free av out of it? i would have held out for a gang tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

jre posted:

:allears:

Security Fuckup Megathread - v12.1.3 - drunken weekend anal leakage

i'm the white noise poster

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
imo the most frustrating thing about that guy is that he misspelled muaddib. can someone call him paul atriedes or kyle maclalchan and see if he notices

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

online friend posted:

:agreed:

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OSI bean dip posted:

I apparently interned at Symantec

Are you that much prouder of having a brief stint at Sophos on your résumé? Non-industry people have sometimes actually heard of Symantec.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

James Baud posted:

Are you that much prouder of having a brief stint at Sophos on your résumé? Non-industry people have sometimes actually heard of Symantec.

Whatever AV company I have worked for really doesn't matter as it is just different shades of poo poo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
1pasword: the case against

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Tayter Swift posted:

1pasword: the case against

if the designers in my dept ever start grinding i am going to hr

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

online friend posted:

I too am apparently a white noise poster

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Subjunctive posted:

I can't get to sleep without the sound of this thread.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

A/V Chat: Don't bother.

poo poo, when the company that used A/V to become a huge player says 'we're out' whats the point.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

A/V Chat: Don't bother.

poo poo, when the company that used A/V to become a huge player says 'we're out' whats the point.

well once the main OSs started doing everything your product does not much room to work.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

online friend posted:

Subjunctive posted:

i unironically think he was talking about me because i really enjoy reducing their posts like a good wine sauce so i'm not actually saying anything new

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Phuctor: The RSA Super Collider breaks gpg keys.

quote:

Under certain conditions, a public key modulus will share a common factor with an existing modulus belonging to someone else. This may happen if both keys were generated on a system with a thoroughly-broken entropy source, or if a particular GPG implementation has been back-doored.

the stats page is interesting

I guess we're about to see a whole bunch of code signing drama in the near future...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

I guess we're about to see a whole bunch of code signing drama in the near future...

did they submit like an entire key server or something, my public key was already submitted by someone else like a week ago :tinfoil:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Adix posted:

i unironically think he was talking about me because i really enjoy reducing their posts like a good wine sauce so i'm not actually saying anything new

or me because i keep trying to get him to show his cards but he'd rather instead contribute to the white noise by talking about my internship at symantec

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Rufus Ping posted:

i goatse'd patreon's slack engineering channel using their own api keys and all i got was a shoutout on risky.biz

The hero we need, not the hero we deserve

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Guys please

White Noise is my dj name

original content do not steal

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Paul MaudDib posted:

If they have professional experience, why don't they do more than ask me how antivirus works? I explained it to them, and they said "nah" and asked again. I read the thread they told me to read and their explanation was that the NSA was gonna blast right through consumer antivirus and I guess their edge filtering was gonna stop the NSA in their tracks or something.

lol OK

i'd love to know where the nsa stuff was talked about

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

quote:

Probably about the time you post an actual argument that isn't "trust me" or conspiracy theories or some clickbait poo poo.

i don't know where this dude is getting his whole "conspiracy theories" angle but i get the feeling it's right out of his rear end

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
well if you cannot argue without just devolving to calling people "idiots" what do you expect for reading comprehension skills?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
my favorite part about infosec is that if you so much as mention the NSA in conversation, even in passing, there are a whole lot of idiots who will start calling you a conspiracy theorist

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

online friend posted:

my favorite part about infosec is that if you so much as mention the NSA in conversation, even in passing, there are a whole lot of idiots who will start calling you a conspiracy theorist

The NSA? What are you, some sort of conspiracy theorist?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

The NSA? What are you, some sort of conspiracy theorist?

:vince:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
mods please wordfilter "nsa" to "lizard people :tinfoil:"

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
someone has convinced the board at work that we need to be more security conscious (good), so i stuck my hand up to be a 'security champion' for my delivery team

i got asked these questions today --

head of information security posted:

1. Are you using Java/JS, C#, Ruby and/or python for coding ?
2. In case you do NOT use any of the above languages, do you Know at least any one of the above languages very well?
3. Are you using Clojure or Delphi for coding?

the email had cyber in it more times than I would like, too

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

"Java/JS"

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

please, we have a perfectly good :nsavince:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
lizard people, dear reader

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

nsa -> lizard people
NSA -> Reptilian Overlords

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 2, 2016

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

atomicthumbs posted:

lizard people, dear reader

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

McGlockenshire posted:

Website's crashed but they did leave debug=true in their flask code

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

H2Eau posted:

someone has convinced the board at work that we need to be more security conscious (good), so i stuck my hand up to be a 'security champion' for my delivery team

i got asked these questions today --

the email had cyber in it more times than I would like, too

i'm trying to figure out what #2 has to do with anything

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

surebet posted:

as a long time reader and irregular poster in the secfuck threads, would it be a faux pas to grab the gangtag? i'm doing an av swap and i'd like to dual wield gangtags

you don't have plat and i'm just catching up on the thread since being off-shore but lol yeah go nuts just use it also didn't you buy the tag for a bunch of people?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Rufus Ping posted:

i goatse'd patreon's slack engineering channel using their own api keys and all i got was a shoutout on risky.biz

that plus the RSA conference goatse are gold-medal goatses

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/4914108 posted:

I’m not aware of problems with headers from any other companies or persons.
I see someone has never heard of xlib

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cheese-cube posted:

gold-medal goatse is a great phrase

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Rufus Ping posted:

goatseing silicon valley startups is its own reward

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

online friend posted:

Don't forget who sponsored the development of selinux :nsa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

the electronic billboard in atlanta deserves a spot on the podium too

• Locked thread