Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MetaJew posted:

:stonk:

Also the home depot bolt for the shock.

It may very well be a higher grade than OEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

MetaJew posted:

Also the home depot bolt for the shock.

Is that a big nut used as a shock spacer?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Lime Tonics posted:

2nd Dumbest Vehicle Ever Made - Introducing Stupid Truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhIQlA9CzE

Anyone got a mirror for this? Link is dead

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Guy parks next to me every day. Just now noticed this.

Probably can't tell there's something wrong because they're rolling on two underinflated tires and the whole thing wobbled when new. Owners of Chinese scooters don't give a single poo poo.

Terrible car stuff:

Impressive, really.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

a primate fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 30, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I doubt that's a genuine Type-R. 5-6k is a little optimistic, rattier ones are at least 9k, but that depends on the market.

Local guy here sold his 2000 Type-R with 75k miles on it last year. He asked $16,500 for it and had no problem selling it. He was the 2nd owner, and had purchased it in late 2000 with 9000 miles on it. Was a really nice car.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Guy parks next to me every day. Just now noticed this.

What the hell kind of bike is that, anyway? Nothing about that swingarm makes sense. It looks like it's stamped. Also, what's that... whatever it is at the top right of the image? The silver thing with the hose going to it that looks like the top of a carb. Everything about that picture is equal parts :stonk: and :catstare:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Man that is nice as gently caress but holy jesus $34k

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

What the hell kind of bike is that, anyway? Nothing about that swingarm makes sense. It looks like it's stamped. Also, what's that... whatever it is at the top right of the image? The silver thing with the hose going to it that looks like the top of a carb. Everything about that picture is equal parts :stonk: and :catstare:

That's a pulsed air valve. It's an emissions thing, my Enfield had one, too. Same casting, looks like.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

As gnd pointed out it's a chinese scooter with an owner who gives the usual amount of fucks.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Geirskogul posted:

That's a pulsed air valve. It's an emissions thing, my Enfield had one, too. Same casting, looks like.

Huh. I've never seen that before. I live in Michigan though, and my bikes are all between 36 and 50 years old, so it's not like they have a lot of emissions stuff on 'em.

Slavvy posted:

As gnd pointed out it's a chinese scooter with an owner who gives the usual amount of fucks.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, sorry. I totally missed his comment.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Hello new thread title

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MikeyTsi posted:

Guys, that's not a Type-R.

You can be about 99% positive of that.

The one I posted? I'm 99% sure it is.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

dphi posted:

The one I posted? I'm 99% sure it is.

I believe you.. but mainly i like to believe that there are unfucked unstolen type r's out there that maybe one day i can buy

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

SneakyFrog posted:

I believe you.. but mainly i like to believe that there are unfucked unstolen type r's out there that maybe one day i can buy

There are, though they're sitting in garages steadily increasing in value.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

dphi posted:

There are, though they're sitting in garages steadily increasing in value.

Plenty of em in other countries that arent America....

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

MikeyTsi posted:

Guys, that's not a Type-R.

You can be about 99% positive of that.

Im not 100% sure but werent they the only ones that came with 5 lug wheels? That one has them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fart Pipe posted:

Im not 100% sure but werent they the only ones that came with 5 lug wheels? That one has them.

That's true, yeah. Standard DC2s were 4 lug.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Trouser Chili has a mint white one, or did.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Wrar posted:

Trouser Chili has a mint white one, or did.

Yea he does and I asked about it and he wanted 12k (AI price). Totally worth it cause its stock as stock gets. That was a bunch of years ago though.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

It's .... the Spiderman BMW!

e:

gallery: http://imgur.com/a/1x9Oq

ultrabay2000 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 1, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

That doesn't look so ba:stonk:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i dont know what yall are talking about its immacul.... :gonk:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kill it with fire

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Why.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It was bad enough before putting Dallas Cowboys stickers up the pillars.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you lean in close enough you can hear the car whisper faintly: "Kill. Me."

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fyodor posted:

If you lean in close enough you can hear the car whisper faintly: "Kill. Me."

Clearly it is already dead inside.

:rimshot:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Well it's just the colors from the ///M logo, right?

It's a bit silly but I don't see what's so awful about it, and at least it's a stick. Heaven forbid someone have some fun with his finely crafted Ultimate Driving Machine?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

It's a bit silly but I don't see what's so awful about it

He's trying to sell it to someone else like that. That's the truly awful part.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Throatwarbler posted:

It's a bit silly but I don't see what's so awful about it, and at least it's a stick. Heaven forbid someone have some fun with his finely crafted Ultimate Driving Machine?

BMW colors applied with all the grace and subtlety of a third grader making a chainsaw ice sculpture.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

fyodor posted:

BMW colors applied with all the grace and subtlety of a third grader making a chainsaw ice sculpture.

Speaking of things I would pay to see.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If it pretended to blend with the rest of the interior, like made it out of the same material they put in the engine bay, it wouldn't be so bad, just tacky. This is such a shock of shiny, ugly, washed out, plush mess that it makes me irrationally angry. Even the ignition is almost entirely obscured by the fabric!

I don't even care about the obnoxious COWBOYS wrap on the pillars, I hate the fact that everything that could conceivably be touched other than the steering wheel, shiftknob, and handbrake has that awful microfiber on it. Ignoring the horrible texture of that cheap, shiny, microfiber cloth, how the gently caress do you even clean the fabric installed around every single electronic component of the interior?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

If it pretended to blend with the rest of the interior, like made it out of the same material they put in the engine bay, it wouldn't be so bad, just tacky. This is such a shock of shiny, ugly, washed out, plush mess that it makes me irrationally angry. Even the ignition is almost entirely obscured by the fabric!

I don't even care about the obnoxious COWBOYS wrap on the pillars, I hate the fact that everything that could conceivably be touched other than the steering wheel, shiftknob, and handbrake has that awful microfiber on it. Ignoring the horrible texture of that cheap, shiny, microfiber cloth, how the gently caress do you even clean the fabric installed around every single electronic component of the interior?

Fire.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm starting an car upholsetering business specialized in muppet-fur interiors. Want to be my first client?

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!
Can you give the satnav a Cookie Monster voice? Or maybe the Count?

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

I think Grover is the correct muppet for this car.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The only muppet here is the PO.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

To paraphrase Stan Smith, "Looking at that car, I doubt I could eat the amount I want to vomit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

This Escalade's rims aren't painted orange, it's the rotors singing their swan song.