Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Economy goes to the shitter and/or scary things happen, people flock to the new thing that promises to be different and fix everything, yep. Same poo poo, different bucket. And the AfD paints itself as "das Fieberthermometer einer Gesellschaft, die die demokratische Kontroverse wieder mühsam erlernen muss" (the medical thermometer of a society, which has to arduously relearn the democratic controversy).

I can't say I speak for everyone, but the only arduous thing I have to relearn is choking down my own vomit when I see the three-piece brownshirts paint themselves as the messiah of plucky little Germany.
Except their messiah wouldn't be brown.

Oh, and I presume they're not the type of medical thermometer that goes into your ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Basically the AfD is not the classical party for regressive losers, it's the party for people doubling down on being regressive because they're worried they might end up becoming losers. The revolution is three meals away etc.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Schröder literally is Hindenburg?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

Schröder literally is Hindenburg?

Merkel

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

People dumb enough to vote SPD are dumb enough to vote AfD. No surprise here. Keep on voting against your interests no matter which party you choose.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

People dumb enough to vote SPD are dumb enough to vote AfD. No surprise here. Keep on voting against your interests no matter which party you choose.

Who do you think people should vote for?

(People who don't own hotels, for those it's clearly FDP)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pidan posted:

Who do you think people should vote for?

(People who don't own hotels, for those it's clearly FDP)

Grün. The original protest party for people angry about change.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

blowfish posted:

But what if "angry about change" is NOT your main interest?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

MLPD, Linke or Grüne

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

APPD Die PARTEI found a new party that's not just a single issue reactionary splinter group i guess

az
Dec 2, 2005

assholes vote afd, doesn't require a study to figure that one out

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I think the SPD is crippled for at least another decade unless they do a 180° on their dumb end game plan to destroy themselves. I remember having a little bit of hope that Gabriel could be cool and good when he was mp of lower saxony and styled himself a fatter junior H. Schmidt and now look at this, look at this poo poo I can't even.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
As long as Siggy pop is in charge they're doomed.

Not unlike the Austrian version who is currently publicly tearing itself apart.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Why are social democrats so hell bent on self-destructing?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Because "wer hat uns verraten? Sozialdemokraten!" holds true even if you're a Sozialdemokrat.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Tbh if I were German I wouldn't really know who to vote for either. Your poo poo is hosed.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

blowfish posted:

New Labour.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

blowfish posted:

Because they are successful enough to actually get in power? That seems to be the death knell of most leftist parties.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Wengy posted:

Tbh if I were German I wouldn't really know who to vote for either. Your poo poo is hosed.

This is true, but I'm told our democracy is more functional than most democracies :wtc:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

blowfish posted:

This is true, but I'm told our democracy is more functional than most democracies :wtc:
Of course it is, what would you compare it to, Poland? We're really perfect at Jammern auf hohem Niveau here...

EDIT: Absolutely loving lol at this

quote:

In einer Einblendung wird es unter Anspielung auf die Bezeichnung für den typischen Humor der österreichischen Hauptstadt als "Wiener Schmäh-Gedicht" bezeichnet.

quote:

Einige zogen Parallelen zu Jan Böhmermanns Gedicht über den türkischen Präsidenten Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Halte ich ja für eher gewagt, den Vergleich.

quote:

Die österreichische Kronen Zeitung berichtete über Hassknechts Beitrag und sprach von einem "Schmähgedicht".
AH

GEH

WEIDA

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 2, 2016

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

blowfish posted:

Die Grünen haben sich so stark zur Bürger- und Biedermeierpartei gewandelt, dass ihr rückwirkend der Protestanteil aberkannt wird.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

blowfish posted:

e X posted:

New Labour.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Randler posted:

Die Grünen haben sich so stark zur Bürger- und Biedermeierpartei gewandelt, dass ihr rückwirkend der Protestanteil aberkannt wird.
Bündnis 90: Die konservativen Hipster :v:

Yeah, but this makes basically no sense if the party were actually trying to represent its supporters/members or even trying to stay in power in the long term.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

blowfish posted:

Yeah, but this makes basically no sense if the party were actually trying to represent its supporters/members or even trying to stay in power in the long term.

For your first point, the SPD dropped Marxist ideas of class conflict by the 1960s. Labor unions supported them for lack of any better options, not because they represented them faithfully. And for the second, Third Way parties have had pretty wildly different levels of long-term success in different countries. I think the difference lies in the character of the various right wing parties they're up against in different countries. The Republicans in the US would rather burn the country to thr ground than move an inch to the left, whereas the CDU is perfectly happy to eat the SPD's lunch of tepid centrism

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 2, 2016

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

blowfish posted:

Bündnis 90: Die konservativen Hipster :v:

What's conservative about the Greens? Sure, they don't care about workers or farmers, but their central topics still are environmentalism and social liberalism. So if anything, they're liberal. "Conservative" doesn't mean "anything I disagree with".

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pidan posted:

What's conservative about the Greens? Sure, they don't care about workers or farmers, but their central topics still are environmentalism and social liberalism. So if anything, they're liberal. "Conservative" doesn't mean "anything I disagree with".

Maybe not classically conservative, but similar to currently existing conservative parties on any issue that isn't feelgood politics for individuals and single households. Lots of NIMBY stuff, weird economics, going to war, ...

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Still looking here

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

wayfinder posted:

Still looking here

InDustriE

Maybe you should call here

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

wayfinder posted:

Still looking here

Wait, I'm confused. Was that supposed to be a DU or is it really that dumb?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Schurik posted:

Wait, I'm confused. Was that supposed to be a DU or is it really that dumb?

On one hand, it could be a moronic attempt to do the InDustriE thing. On the other hand, it could be an attempt to do the InDUstrie thing with the worst QA known to man. Either way it's really that dumb.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

The letter "D" is pronounced "de" and I think they are going for that. Full benefit of the doubt, though, because that is absolutely not how you'd use the "find the x in y" normally.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Other important words in "INDUSTRIE":

-Untried
-Ruined
-Urine
-Unrest

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

GaussianCopula posted:

InDustriE

Maybe you should call here

Bernd Lücke looking for creative ways to connect to the voters

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

blowfish posted:

On one hand, it could be a moronic attempt to do the InDustriE thing. On the other hand, it could be an attempt to do the InDUstrie thing with the worst QA known to man. Either way it's really that dumb.

Well, it comes from Siggi Pops ministry.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Drone posted:

Other important words in "INDUSTRIE":

Irised Nuts
Die in Rust
Nude I Stir

Neid Ritus
Dreist Uni

:shrug:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Böhmi is back

As for real politics, what's going on with the TTIP leaks? Is it finally going to not happen, or at least not happen now and secretly happen 5 years from now?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

pidan posted:

As for real politics, what's going on with the TTIP leaks? Is it finally going to not happen, or at least not happen now and secretly happen 5 years from now?

How have you missed Monday? http://www.ttip-leaks.org

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

blowfish posted:

JUST READ IT OUT LOUD

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Riso posted:

I know about the leaks, but what will be the effects?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Riso posted:

He's asking whether TTIP will finally (not) happen because of the leaks :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
It will come back with a different name.