Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Correct. Same with bombs iirc.

Uh unless they introduced a new mechanic in the last year, you can absolutely warp off grid entirely and the bomb still applies damage. It's only if you do a session change (Lose ship/jump out) that the bomb applies no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How does this multiply isk? https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident
I read over it twice and I still don't get how this does anything for him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

you're the loving mbc step the gently caress up

They were promised the third Great Eve War by CCP and the ~gaming media~ this assymetric small gang bullshit is unironically boring to them.

Not enough dank frags and killmarks in entosis frigate gameplay

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

They were promised the third Great Eve War by CCP and the ~gaming media~ this assymetric small gang bullshit is unironically boring to them.

What are you even talking about?

My Astarte has 62 Killmarks.

It's the pride of the sNIGGERdly corporation.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Orange Red Bull posted:

like i don't get how we can continue to get away with the same strategy for fighting wars in this game

like for some of the people in PL and NCdot (ex-BOB) we've, in various iterations of ourselves, been doing this exact same thing for a decade

how do you not learn

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SperginMcBadposter posted:

How does this multiply isk? https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident

It's basically a huge scam using the skill margin trading and CCP's shoddy programming.

If you do it right, you get PLEX for free and whoever tried selling it to you gets a middlefinger

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Libluini posted:

It's basically a huge scam using the skill margin trading and CCP's shoddy programming.

If you do it right, you get PLEX for free and whoever tried selling it to you gets a middlefinger

I thought buy orders just get cancelled if there isn't enough money to pay the seller. So it cancels the order and gives the buyer the item anyways?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

how do you not learn

Xolve posted:

My Astarte has 62 Killmarks.

It's the pride of the sNIGGERdly corporation.

simple goals for simple folks :shobon:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

simple goals for simple folks :shobon:

This thread is essentially devolved into some weird circlejerk about how "my version of fun isn't open for criticism, only yours".

People are logging in (there was even a "PEOPLE STILL PLAY THIS GAEM" post by CCP), ships are dying, fun is being had (no matter how hard to understand) by people on both sides.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

reddit says they won and are still winning and will continue to win anyways so it must be true

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53716396/
The ghost of deklein past returns

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

reddit says they won and are still winning and will continue to win anyways so it must be true

I think it's time to stop focusing on what reddit may or may not say.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

I think it's time to stop focusing on what reddit may or may not say.

just tracking the movements of PL/MBC goalposts brotato

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MacPac posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53716396/
The ghost of deklein past returns

:swoon:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

just tracking the movements of PL/MBC goalposts brotato

They've moved almost as many times as the Imperiums, but that count doesn't matter, amirite?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

so it's twofold

part one: he used the crappy implementation of margin trading in eve to generate a nearly arbitrarily large number of buy orders by spending almost no isk, and did it before the patch so he paid the old lower tax rate

part two: he parked those buy orders at a price where it wouldn't be profitable for traders making new orders to pay due to the new higher taxes

so he was able to acquire plex at a superior margin

it's basically margin trading like normal, except abusing the tax changes and a Margin Trading skill trick to create a bunch of essentially unbacked buy orders

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

They've moved almost as many times as the Imperiums, but that count doesn't matter, amirite?

nah

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

pretty sure the only imperium goalpost this whole time was to hold, if not hold then retake lost lands and buttfuck all of yall even if it takes years

its pretty simple and doesnt leave much to interpretation

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

pretty sure the only imperium goalpost this whole time was to hold, if not hold then retake lost lands and buttfuck all of yall even if it takes years

So according to the sovmap you've made little to no progress and had little success holding systems- except for a handful of systems in Fade and dumpster space in Pure Blind.

Okay. Thanks for the update!

Xolve fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 2, 2016

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

i think this one is still my fave

quote:

Line 250: (5:55:48 PM) the_mittani: oh man
Line 251: (5:56:02 PM) the_mittani: i was running an errand and holy poo poo the twitter trolling
Line 660: (7:53:01 PM) the_mittani: at this rate they're taking a system of note at the rate of 2 a week
Line 661: (7:53:18 PM) the_mittani: so sometime in september they'll have dek

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fortress Goku remains strong, as long as we are on that real poo poo the Imperium still technically owns space

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

So according to the sovmap you've made little to no progress and had little success holding systems- except for a handful of systems in Fade and dumpster space in Pure Blind.

The amount of salt that is pouring out of the ostentatiously "winning team" sure is a thing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Orange Red Bull posted:

even if it takes years

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I know PL has attention deficit disorder but drat

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Long story short: he has used the patch change mechanics to capture the plex flipping market (put up buy orders for plex, sell the plex you get for a higher amount, pocket the profit) until all of his cheap buy orders expire. His prices are set so nobody can compete with him with the new broker prices until his orders expire. By controlling that market, he'll earn a specific amount of money per day until all of his orders expire.

If someone happened to have a massive pile of plex though, they could ruin it by dumping plex to his buy orders until he ran out of money on-hand, which would cancel them all. Short of that, he's pretty set.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

even if it takes years

You don't have dudes that will ride out 45 days without ratting, but yeah- years, sure thing buddy!

Rhymenoserous posted:

The amount of salt that is pouring out of the ostentatiously "winning team" sure is a thing.

Orange Red Bull posted:

I know PL has attention deficit disorder but drat

The Mittani said it! It must be true!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Considering the call to evacuate Deklein has not been made yet then I suppose the current standing orders is to consolidate in the impregnable fortress Deklein and let the peasant hordes break themselves on the walls.

Xolve posted:

You don't have dudes that will ride out 45 days without ratting, but yeah- years, sure thing buddy!

The Mittani said it! It must be true!

To be fair you have been madposting a bit lately.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I thought buy orders just get cancelled if there isn't enough money to pay the seller. So it cancels the order and gives the buyer the item anyways?

Huh. Looks like I didn't really understand how this works either, others have explained how it works far better.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

He doesn't have enough money to back ALL the orders, but as long as he keeps enough money to back a few days of the orders and keeps reselling he's fine. If he goes afk for two weeks though he'll run out of money and they'll pop.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Uh unless they introduced a new mechanic in the last year, you can absolutely warp off grid entirely and the bomb still applies damage. It's only if you do a session change (Lose ship/jump out) that the bomb applies no damage.

Yep, I'm wrong about bombs.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Xolve posted:

This thread is essentially devolved into some weird circlejerk about how "my version of fun isn't open for criticism, only yours".

People are logging in (there was even a "PEOPLE STILL PLAY THIS GAEM" post by CCP), ships are dying, fun is being had (no matter how hard to understand) by people on both sides.

For what it's worth, my Astarte doesn't have 62 killmarks and I kinda wish it did. Well, I mean, if I had an Astarte it wouldn't have 62 killmarks, but I still wish I had one and it did.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

removing the ability to jump FROM highsec would make boney extremely happy though, so many dudes who he'd get to murder the poo poo out of

Truth. Fact of the matter is that counter logistics is a joke and has v. little impact on anything in the game VB besides the personal finances of the target. But this'll all be moot "late summer" anyway when fozzie delivers his coup d'grace to ganking anyway.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Truth. Fact of the matter is that counter logistics is a joke and has v. little impact on anything in the game VB besides the personal finances of the target. But this'll all be moot "late summer" anyway when fozzie delivers his coup d'grace to ganking anyway.

I thought the 3 min timer was already in. Did that not make it with the Citadel patch? Or are you referring to even more changes?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if paco and his headmate or whatever the gently caress are allowed to post freely, you can deal with a quoted redditbaby post

What's Paco poopos SA name?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Syndic Thrass posted:

What's Paco poopos SA name?

Syndic Thrass

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Xolve posted:

You realize you are a big time offender of that circle Jerk mentality right?

Side note: if the word narrative were used less a lot of those people wouldn't sound like such mad babbies.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

Contrast with DayZ, where the zombies were often as dangerous as the players were.

the dayz zombies are only scary because they clip into and through walls, and invisible zombies kill you and bleed you all the time.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
My goal post has been, since day 1, to blops camping and murder ratters in Dek and I'd invite anyone to call me on having stated otherwise.

:smuggo:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

Syndic pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

He went from chillposting about a bad videogame that probably isnt worth playing to parroting En24 talking points as soon as he joined up again :cripes:

• Locked thread