Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ppaarl's the only boss where the cameras fuckd up enough to make the fight bad, all ther est are fine as long as you know youc an target different parts or just go unlocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
unlocking in bborne gives you the dark souls roll instead of the quickstep which is an unacceptable concession

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

unlocking in bborne gives you the dark souls roll instead of the quickstep which is an unacceptable concession

it's like the opposite of that trick Steven Wright showed Patrick Swayze in the subway where they could ghost touch real things for a split second

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sometimes you need a roll

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Get this, you can quick step and roll locked on in ocarina of time

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ocarina of time is the worst souls game

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature
Bloodborne is pretty good, but frenzy is bullshit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

realizing I didn't have to lock-on to enemies, particularly with large bosses, was a huge revelation for me

yeah. ive done a no lock on run of it and it was the most fun of all of my runs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Get this, you can quick step and roll locked on in ocarina of time

i was playing oot yesterday and i couldnt get over how much it felt like dark souls lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mildly Amusing posted:

frenzy is bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i was playing oot yesterday and i couldnt get over how much it felt like dark souls lol

Wind waker even moreso because you can party attacks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Wind waker even moreso because you can party attacks

wind waker is too fast and ww link is too small.....oot has almost the same character model size (relative to the screen) and walk speed as dark souls, and even a similar atmosphere

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing like the remaster with the invisible redeads

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'd probably buy a legend of zelda game set in victorian england

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
While dark souls 3 is very good and has a large variety of weapons, replayability, and boss fights,

I think I still like bloodborne more

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Bloodborne is still my favorite too. It's something about that game man, aside from the brilliant combat/game mechanics all the lore and story and the atmosphere and other nebulous things that are hard to articulate hit all the right notes for me in a way I don't think can ever happen again. Bloodborne FTW

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they were made by different teams. anwyay i prefer bloodborne too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I think I"m going to end up playing Dark Souls 3 more than Bloodborne over the years though.. Idk it feels more conducive to replaying, theres already like 4 character builds I want to make in my brain

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
The bloodborne DLC might be the best thing I've ever played. Maybe it's because there are 2 factions actively fighting and you see the victims piling up, but it absolutely feels like a nightmare instead of just a big videogame dungeon.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm glad FROM learned at least and put like 6-7 rocks (slabs) I'm ds3

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
bloodborne is just stellar

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the souls games are probably more replayable due to the amount of different stats and equipment and other factors that go into a build

but I only have 1 month of psn plus left so I'm going to spend it attempting BB multiplayer and playing the ni-oh demo

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodborne is just stellar

astral, even

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is a good game but I've been stuck on a part for like 4 months and I take a break and when I come back it's some how even harder than it was last time.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Volume posted:

This is a good game but I've been stuck on a part for like 4 months and I take a break and when I come back it's some how even harder than it was last time.

where are you stuck friend?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i agree w/ what others said above: BB is my favorite of the series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here but I need to actually play DSIII. I may wind up starting over whenever I get back to it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Volume posted:

well, if you dont practise something, you get worse.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

however I find that taking a break after attempting a boss for a straight hour is a very good thing to do. calms your nerves and clears your head

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I couldn't beat orphan until I took a two month break. Then I got him on my third or fourth try.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I threw myself at Kos until it worked

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i beat it with a motherfucking hammer until it died

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
powerful technique

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't played the DLC.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's the best dlc ever.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Gigante posted:

you're in for a treat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's godlike

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What an experience that new bloodborne players get the DLC included and get that much more content

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It took me like 6 hours to beat orphan over a period of days

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
bloodborne's DLC had my favorite bosses, and added great weapons, so i guess you can't really judge the whole series until DS3's DLC cycle is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

It took me like 6 hours to beat orphan over a period of days

for some reason nameless king felt harder, even though he took fewer tries, and less chronological time overall.