Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
With Lula climbing even more in the polls, and Temer signalling pretty heavily towards cutting down workers' rights and austerity, 190 members of congress have signed a proposal for a constitutional amendment that bans people without college degrees from becoming president.

Meanwhile, the right wing wave has just made it illegal for teachers in the state of Alagoas to express any opinions in the classroom, in a move to defend the "bons costumes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The biggest tragedy is that there's no one as good as Sergio Porto to chronicle a new Febeapá.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

joepinetree posted:

With Lula climbing even more in the polls, and Temer signalling pretty heavily towards cutting down workers' rights and austerity, 190 members of congress have signed a proposal for a constitutional amendment that bans people without college degrees from becoming president.

Meanwhile, the right wing wave has just made it illegal for teachers in the state of Alagoas to express any opinions in the classroom, in a move to defend the "bons costumes."

I'm not doubting any of this, but do you have links?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HardDisk posted:

http://educacao.uol.com.br/noticias/2016/04/26/al-vota-hoje-projeto-que-exige-neutralidade-de-professor-em-sala-de-aula.htm

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Is banning teachers from talking politics a bad thing? It's been illegal here for teachers to speak about religion or politics for decades and I think it's for the best tbh.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

HardDisk posted:

http://educacao.uol.com.br/noticias/2016/04/26/deputados-de-al-aprovam-lei-que-pune-professor-que-opinar-em-sala-de-aula.htm

In reality, the law had been approved and vetoed, and yesterday they overrode the veto.

As for the constitutional amendment proposal:

http://exame.abril.com.br/brasil/noticias/pec-proibe-candidatos-sem-diploma-e-pode-barrar-lula

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
lol veja is turning on Cunha. They did a pretty direct attack piece on him

of course, not before the impeachment vote

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Meanwhile, Temer has said that Cunha's faith gets him through his tough moments. And his plan literally talks about privatizing "everything possible."

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

joepinetree posted:

Meanwhile, Temer has said that Cunha's faith gets him through his tough moments. And his plan literally talks about privatizing "everything possible."

whoa I remember how PSDB (or at least Serra in the 2010 elections) was backing down hard from privatization politics.

where is this coming from now? the weird anti-red communism bullshit sentiment?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

whoa I remember how PSDB (or at least Serra in the 2010 elections) was backing down hard from privatization politics.

where is this coming from now? the weird anti-red communism bullshit sentiment?

http://oglobo.globo.com/brasil/programa-de-temer-preve-privatizacao-de-tudo-que-for-possivel-19193319

The great thing for PSDB is that Temer can take the burden of all unpopular policies, so you can pretty much expect the worst in the next 2 years.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Morality golem Cunha set vote for salary increases for the whole Judiciary branch...-after- the Senate vote for Impeachment. no impeachment vote, no raise.

Said raise increases the current deficit by at leas $1 billion more, but what the hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Morality golem Cunha set vote for salary increases for the whole Judiciary branch...-after- the Senate vote for Impeachment. no impeachment vote, no raise.

Said raise increases the current deficit by at leas $1 billion more, but what the hell.

Judiciary or legislative? Because my family works as bureaucrats on the TRT of my state and they are anticipating their salaries to be frozen for 2 years at least.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs13D9pmnfI

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Judiciary or legislative? Because my family works as bureaucrats on the TRT of my state and they are anticipating their salaries to be frozen for 2 years at least.

http://mobile.valor.com.br/politica/4539721/lewandowski-obtem-apoio-de-lideres-na-camara-ao-reajuste-do-judiciario

Best part?

quote:

Nos corredores da Câmara o convite feito aos deputados hoje por Lewandowski para o café é apelidado de “cobrança da fatura” após o STF não interferir nas votações do impeachment pela Casa. Alguns ministros saíram em defesa do processo para reforçar o discurso da maioria dos deputados de que não há o golpe acusado pelos petistas e movimentos ligados ao PT.

Supreme Court Justice invited congressmen for coffee, and said congressmen call the invitation "collecting a debt" because he is demanding the raise be approved as repayment for not stopping the impeachment proceedings.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 30, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Went to an anarchist/antifa/anticapital march here on the Fortaleza beachside, it was actually quite bigger than the pro-Dilma one nearby. I followed them and it was pretty cool and despite being on the heart of the bourgeoise there wasnt much opposition but i had to skip it when the cops came, and I heard some people were injured... But I guess the media won't say a loving word about it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Feliz primeiro de Maio camaradas Brasileiros :ohdear:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The last May Day this country will ever have. From 2017 onwards will skip from 30 April to 2 May.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm part of the fastest-growing group of Brazilians, 10% and rising every day!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Curious American popping in.

So has anything changed over the past month?

Dias posted:

10% of what?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dias posted:

I'm trying to pass concursos since a year ago and everything looks like it'll get even harder. Ha ha.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Curious American popping in.

So has anything changed over the past month?

10% of what?

Brazil just hit 10% unemployment rates this month. Weirdly enough I'm actually not part of that 10%, because as a freelance A/V editor my job requires me to be a "company", but I'm getting so little work I might as well be off a job.

But nah, things have been eerily quiet after Dilma's impeachment got past the lower house. I think the first Senate vote is this week or next week, so we'll get some more commotion pretty soon. Most of us are just kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop, and government-wise Temer is already putting his agenda in motion.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Some economists talk a lot about how employment doesn't work in a "supply and demand" way and I've been feeling it a lot lately.

I'm a programmer in a company and we just CAN'T find candidates. It's really hard to even find trainees, it's ridiculous. We have job openings but there are no candidates because... Well, the country is in a recession. :psyduck:

There's this whole self-sabotaging aspect of unemployment that's so depressing.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Apparently Whatsapp is going to be blocked in Brazil for 72h. Again.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/mercado/2016/05/1766869-justica-determina-bloqueio-do-whatsapp-em-todo-o-brasil-por-72-horas.shtml

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

For gently caress's sake what's keeping people from switching to Telegram

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Negrostrike posted:

For gently caress's sake what's keeping people from switching to Telegram

If the supposed drug traffickers switch to telegram than it's next on the chopping block

Somehow I think the judges and prosecutors get their rocks off the same way a hacker does when he takes a big site off the air. Look how powerful I am!

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

tangent: it bothers me how folha's site is always pushing books like "why the left is wrong :smug:" and von mises

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

tangent: it bothers me how folha's site is always pushing books like "why the left is wrong :smug:" and von mises

Their publisher is now going big on both school books and literature in general. Hence the need to convince everyone that marxists are brainwashing your kids via evil books (so buy theirs instead!), to elects friendly governors that will pick their works for public school sillaby, and such.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Sephyr posted:

Their publisher is now going big on both school books and literature in general. Hence the need to convince everyone that marxists are brainwashing your kids via evil books (so buy theirs instead!), to elects friendly governors that will pick their works for public school sillaby, and such.

They'd need to change the PLND Edital first, and that seems like a hive of Marxist villany. Plus even if your books get approved the government takes literally years to pay. Sounds like a good way for them to blow a whole heap of cash.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Folha is weird, they land firmly on the conservative right side of things, but their online content hits everywhere, from Libertarianism to college-leftism and anywhere in between.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Best way to understand folha is that it is pretty much pro Serra. Which means solidly right on a number of issues, but will occasionally hit aecio, alckmin etc pretty hard. See last weekend's headlines on Doria having offshore accounts (Doria being Alckmins candidate while serra preferred Matarazzo.)

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
So the judge wants WhatsApp to turn over something WhatsApp doesn't have due to the way the app works? Or am I mistaken on how it works, and messages do get stored on a server before being sent out to the recipient?

Even if they had something to turn over it'd be encrypted since WhatsApp encrypts at the source, nothing is sent plain text. Even their voice and video chat is encrypted now.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the pro-Trump posts on Olavo de Carvalho's facebook page are hilarious. He's declaring that Trump already won this election when even Bernie would beat him. As if being a creationist astrologer wasn't stupid enough for most people.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PotatoJudge posted:

So the judge wants WhatsApp to turn over something WhatsApp doesn't have due to the way the app works? Or am I mistaken on how it works, and messages do get stored on a server before being sent out to the recipient?

Even if they had something to turn over it'd be encrypted since WhatsApp encrypts at the source, nothing is sent plain text. Even their voice and video chat is encrypted now.

Congrats, you understand this poo poo better than the assholes in charge.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

the pro-Trump posts on Olavo de Carvalho's facebook page are hilarious. He's declaring that Trump already won this election when even Bernie would beat him. As if being a creationist astrologer wasn't stupid enough for most people.

Doesn't that sub human live in Virginia?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Temer's favorite to become minister of science is an evangelical Bishop...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Marco Feliciano headed the human rights committee man are you still surprised by anything at this point

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It's one thing to become the chair of a congress committee. There is some power, especially to block things there, but it is still a congressional committee. A ministry is an executive, policy setting position.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGjajro43Oc

The Dark Times are a-comin'

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Did Moro really say the lava jato investigation would end next year? Just in time to bring down the PT but not actually fix anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The likely new minister of science and technology in the Temer government:

He is the host. At the bottom, it reads "Cured of tuberculosis, brain tumor and AIDS, Luis had only once cell in his body"