Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KC in AW was epic , because 90% of the time tags were floating in mid-air and you had to put yourself in a real bad position to get the confirm. Very tense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

I'm so happy Nioh is coming out so people can realize fast dark souls sucks. From was just going to slowly destroy its credit by make the games faster.
actually slow combat sucks which is why the Ys games are the best action rpgs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Phantasium posted:

I'm glad it's coming out because it's a good game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Redneck Rampage 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqs5l7IWdcc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
shazbot

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Yeah. called that one. The game is mediocare at best judging from the beta. it doesnt help that its coming out in the same month as overwatch which while a different kind of fps, is a much better game.

FEAR 2 was loving weird. 1st fear was great, 2nd was ok but weird. and 3rd was an abortion. Thats not even counting all the weird side games/dlc.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I have the enemy flag!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Looking forward to Overborn and Battlewatch this month.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

KC in AW was epic , because 90% of the time tags were floating in mid-air and you had to put yourself in a real bad position to get the confirm. Very tense

u should play blops 3 bcos its similar to AW but the movement system is even better and theh game is even faster. also better maps.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

setafd posted:

I like TF2 a lot and I don't really expect Overwatch to fill that void for me but my buddy got me a beta code so I'll see how it goes

i liked TF2 before it turn into a hat cash shop and i love overwatch, it feels like the closest thing to a team fortress 3 but by blizzard so you can talk to your friends playing hearthstone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have played quite a bit of BLOPSIII but all TDM, because, as I mentioned before, it's where 90% of the player base is sadly. well most of time you can't even find games because even COD is dying now (playing on PC here)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cyron posted:

i liked TF2 before it turn into a hat cash shop and i love overwatch, it feels like the closest thing to a team fortress 3 but by blizzard so you can talk to your friends playing hearthstone.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare OP.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I have played quite a bit of BLOPSIII but all TDM, because, as I mentioned before, it's where 90% of the player base is sadly. well most of time you can't even find games because even COD is dying now (playing on PC here)

oh well isee ur mistake now. u should be playing on ps4 where all the playlists are popoulated and there are plenty of friendly goonens to play with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

oh well isee ur mistake now. u should be playing on ps4 where all the playlists are popoulated and there are plenty of friendly goonens to play with.

I am physically incapable of playing FPSes with a controller

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah. called that one. The game is mediocare at best judging from the beta. it doesnt help that its coming out in the same month as overwatch which while a different kind of fps, is a much better game.

Battleborn, being a MOBA, completely deserves bad reviews. Being a Gearbox game it also deserves bad reviews

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

FEAR 2 was loving weird. 1st fear was great, 2nd was ok but weird. and 3rd was an abortion. Thats not even counting all the weird side games/dlc.

Fear 2 had a weird fov setup. Fear 3 was a coop game. Fear 1 was odd but made sense after I realized they were the company that tried to bring anime right robots to the American fps genre.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jon Do posted:

I have the enemy flag!
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.
Our flag is mined.

I need an APC pickup.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I am physically incapable of playing FPSes with a controller

practice mak perfect!

or u can buy a xim like some of the losers i play with

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they are actually cool buty inexplicably still bought a xim

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stux posted:

they are actually cool buty inexplicably still bought a xim

Hey don't make fun of the destiny thread.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a xim would own but that feels like a level of grognard I'm not prepared to sink to

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Battleborn, being a MOBA, completely deserves bad reviews. Being a Gearbox game it also deserves bad reviews

pretty much, the fact that is basicaly pg-13 borderlands humor except somehow worse also makes it poo poo. Plus the art design is just loving ugly. like i was never the greatest fan of borderlands art design but at least it was consistent in design and had some cool ideas. this just feels weird and ugly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

don't buy public domain books unless they're really swanky

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So yesterday I posted some videos I made of me playing the Nioh demo. I'd like to thank everyone who checked them out. I know some of you did because I got some views. They were my first effort at making videos like this, and I know they lacked interesting or entertaining commentary, so I won't be offended if people didn't like them.

I would like to ask a few questions to those of you who took a look at them, though:

Did anyone watch the entirety of either video? If so, what did you think of the audio/video quality?

While the second video is pretty aimless, the first video I made with a more clear goal in mind: demonstrating a playstyle and progression through the level. However, I did almost no editing of the footage. If you watched the first video, how would you rate the content versus the length? The video is almost 20 minutes in length, and I feel like that would be acceptable if it was an entertaining "let's play", but the actual content is more like a quick demo, and I think it probably would have been more suited to a 5-10 minute video. What do you guys think?

And finally, anyone who started watching one of my videos and then didn't finish, do you have any constructive criticisms?

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm just making videos for fun for myself, but I think it would be cool if I could make something that other people found entertaining.

I'm planning to make 1-2 more videos with footage I've already captured, but for my next one I'm going to cut it up more for pacing. No one needs to see me hmming and hawing in the menus and running around describing loot or whatever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mEFqxOxBzk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
SHAZBOT

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just remembered there was some multiplayer mining game thing where it looked real weird, you went around on a tram or whatever and you were an individual worker looking for gems or crystals or something in a mostly white blank space and I think the structures you mined from were objects and stuff, not just mountains and poo poo

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snak posted:

Did anyone watch the entirety of either video? If so, what did you think of the audio/video quality?

I didn't notice anything but I also may have left it at the poo poo quality I default Youtube to so I don't actually remember.

quote:

If you watched the first video, how would you rate the content versus the length?

I wouldn't really see a problem with either way. I could see it being cut down but it wasn't necessarily long winded at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

So yesterday I posted some videos I made of me playing the Nioh demo. I'd like to thank everyone who checked them out. I know some of you did because I got some views. They were my first effort at making videos like this, and I know they lacked interesting or entertaining commentary, so I won't be offended if people didn't like them.

I would like to ask a few questions to those of you who took a look at them, though:

While the second video is pretty aimless, the first video I made with a more clear goal in mind: demonstrating a playstyle and progression through the level. However, I did almost no editing of the footage. If you watched the first video, how would you rate the content versus the length? The video is almost 20 minutes in length, and I feel like that would be acceptable if it was an entertaining "let's play", but the actual content is more like a quick demo, and I think it probably would have been more suited to a 5-10 minute video. What do you guys think?

And finally, anyone who started watching one of my videos and then didn't finish, do you have any constructive criticisms?

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm just making videos for fun for myself, but I think it would be cool if I could make something that other people found entertaining.

I'm planning to make 1-2 more videos with footage I've already captured, but for my next one I'm going to cut it up more for pacing. No one needs to see me hmming and hawing in the menus and running around describing loot or whatever.

the tech thread in lets play would be a good resource for you to read and also post your vids in for feedback probably

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

the tech thread in lets play would be a good resource for you to read and also post your vids in for feedback probably

Yeah I will head over there. Thanks, I remembered they existed at some point after my original post here, and then promptly forgot again. Thanks for reminding me! I pretty much only posted those videos here, so that's why I came here for feedback.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

setafd posted:

a xim would own but that feels like a level of grognard I'm not prepared to sink to

honestly not neeeded either. theres plenty of pad playeres who do well (me for exammeple)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I just remembered there was some multiplayer mining game thing where it looked real weird, you went around on a tram or whatever and you were an individual worker looking for gems or crystals or something in a mostly white blank space and I think the structures you mined from were objects and stuff, not just mountains and poo poo

Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Only know because I wondered wtf was up with that myself a week or two ago and dug around a bit. Also had trouble remembering the somehow thoroughly unmemorable name.

The game is The Tomorrow Children, which is currently in some sort of extended dev hell/limbo after that one beta they did with no announcement of another, or anything really, other than what trade shows they're bringing it to.

Their twitter trundles on every now and then with another cryptic screenshot but that's about all I could find.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/infinity-ward-wants-you-to-live-the-top-gun-fantasy-in-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare

If this is true. It could be cool.

CrashCat posted:

Only know because I wondered wtf was up with that myself a week or two ago and dug around a bit. Also had trouble remembering the somehow thoroughly unmemorable name.

The game is The Tomorrow Children, which is currently in some sort of extended dev hell/limbo after that one beta they did with no announcement of another, or anything really, other than what trade shows they're bringing it to.

Their twitter trundles on every now and then with another cryptic screenshot but that's about all I could find.

Did anyone play the alpha? i know their was a closed one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Call of Duty is about having a gun in your hand, ducking behind cover, and shooting guys." that guy gets it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

If only it turned into a mech as well

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Did anyone play the alpha? i know their was a closed one.
I did watch a few streams while it was on, nobody was having much luck making progress though. You'd go out, get a bunch of resources, come home, barely be able to do anything, someone would spend it on useless crap, then a monster would come along and burn half your buildings. It was in need of some reworking for sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so wait call of duty is an open world space sim now?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Thanks!

I don't even know if the alpha was good or not, I wasn't even thinking about the game or anything but it suddenly popped into my head like "wait was that a real thing and not just a weird dream I had"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

so wait call of duty is an open world space sim now?

From what i am getting from the article. it sounds like they are taking away the level breaks. Basically the game is one long continuous mission with out loading screens or cuts to mission briefings. but it might be partially open. who knows.

CrashCat posted:

I did watch a few streams while it was on, nobody was having much luck making progress though. You'd go out, get a bunch of resources, come home, barely be able to do anything, someone would spend it on useless crap, then a monster would come along and burn half your buildings. It was in need of some reworking for sure.

So basically communist minecraft without the fun. sucks.

• Locked thread