Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Jumping spiders are adorable.

They wear raindrops as hats.

I used to have a jumping spider tgat lived inside my computer desk. I'd feed him drops of water and he chill on top of my monitor watching me game. We just bumped every time I owned a noob. I miss that guy.

BottleKnight posted:

I've never been near a spider that could kill me though. I'd probably change my mind about spiders pretty quick at that moment.

Not about all spiders, just the specific one with the potential to kill me that is is in my immediate proximity.
Good news for you, spiders can't kill you unless you are already dying!
I got but by a black widow, my ankle hurt like hell for a night but the next day u was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Tomm I would like to but Ive had to revert to laptop at the moment, hopefully have poo poo up and running soon though

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

busb posted:

Tomm I would like to but Ive had to revert to laptop at the moment, hopefully have poo poo up and running soon though

ur dead 2 me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey this isn't the Auspol thread :v:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 2, 2016

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

eSporks posted:

I got but by a black widow, my ankle hurt like hell for a night but the next day u was fine.

spoilered for australian murderspider

U FUCKIN WOT M8?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hasn't killed anyone since we had gun control.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
someone died to a redback like last week or something though right?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

eSporks posted:

I used to have a jumping spider tgat lived inside my computer desk. I'd feed him drops of water and he chill on top of my monitor watching me game. We just bumped every time I owned a noob. I miss that guy.

There are some that live outside and they come live on my windowsill because my screen is terrible and doesn't keep out anything. I like them because they don't make webs and they kill anything else that manages to make it through the screen, so I can have my window open in the summer without filling my bedroom with bugs.

Keep on keeping on little spider friends. You can hang out in my window as long as you want!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

busb posted:

someone died to a redback like last week or something though right?

First death* in 60 years from a redback, but it could be more so from the resulting infection than the initial bite. There was also an infant in WA a couple of days ago I guess.

*Not sure if it's deaths total or adult deaths.

Also: http://www.ibtimes.com.au/21-year-old-sydney-man-suffers-redback-spider-bite-penis-1513972

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

There are some that live outside and they come live on my windowsill because my screen is terrible and doesn't keep out anything. I like them because they don't make webs and they kill anything else that manages to make it through the screen, so I can have my window open in the summer without filling my bedroom with bugs.

Keep on keeping on little spider friends. You can hang out in my window as long as you want!

this is exactly why huntsman spiders are cool!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I somehow managed to seriously tweak my neck yesterday. I can hardly move and sleeping is mega hard. This sucks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MG3 posted:

I somehow managed to seriously tweak my neck yesterday. I can hardly move and sleeping is mega hard. This sucks

Quick there's something to your right!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

Ibuprofen, helps get the inflammation down and also with the pain

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
3 more for Monster Hunter Mafia

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

bowmore posted:

Ibuprofen, helps get the inflammation down and also with the pain

Thanks

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hoping that this gets stuck in someone's head like it's stuck in mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqMzmFSX_4

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Pubbies are really terrible in hots. Not as terrible as lol or dota pubbies but, still terrible. The community seems to be better and I bet that's part of Blizzard actually punishing terrible people.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Azuth0667 posted:

Pubbies are really terrible in hots. Not as terrible as lol or dota pubbies but, still terrible. The community seems to be better and I bet that's part of Blizzard actually punishing terrible people.

Yeah. The games go by faster, and screwing up a ton in the early game doesn't put your team out of the game, so there is less reason for people to get angry. They still will, but its less of a problem for sure. You win any of your first quick matches?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Me and my friend gently caress around in AI matches when we try out new characters and I feel like pubbies are way more angry about how we aren't playing optimally than they are in quick matches.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Me and my friend gently caress around in AI matches when we try out new characters and I feel like pubbies are way more angry about how we aren't playing optimally than they are in quick matches.

yeah I have experienced that its fun

I like when they congratulate you on a good game well played against beginner AI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

yeah I have experienced that its fun

I like when they congratulate you on a good game well played against beginner AI

One guy wrote an entire essay on how we sucked (after we won the match) and waited right until the end to paste the entire thing into chat so that we couldn't respond with a hearty "go gently caress yourself"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

One guy wrote an entire essay on how we sucked (after we won the match) and waited right until the end to paste the entire thing into chat so that we couldn't respond with a hearty "go gently caress yourself"

Yeah its a legit hots shittalking strat to time out your last message so no one can get in a reply without sending you a tell after the game

There is currently a Hots Goon tourny going on and one of the teams is basically cheating, by bringing in non-goon ringers as subs. They played TCJimbos team last night in the semifinals, and to ensure they did not need subs Jimbo tracked down contact information for one of that teams players, and called that player and a friend of that player to ensure he will be at the game.

He said that if that dude didn't want someone contacting him he shouldn't have his real information listed on the WHOIS for his server.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol tcjimbo is a crazy person.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

JakeP posted:

Yeah its a legit hots shittalking strat to time out your last message so no one can get in a reply without sending you a tell after the game

There is currently a Hots Goon tourny going on and one of the teams is basically cheating, by bringing in non-goon ringers as subs. They played TCJimbos team last night in the semifinals, and to ensure they did not need subs Jimbo tracked down contact information for one of that teams players, and called that player and a friend of that player to ensure he will be at the game.

He said that if that dude didn't want someone contacting him he shouldn't have his real information listed on the WHOIS for his server.

:stare:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

What the actual gently caress. This is crazy town

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

how is this dude not eating like fifty bans and a visit from the state police

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's actually awesome, git gud scrubs

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

He's actually a horrible person.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

He's actually a horrible person.

I get that, that's why I'm asking the question.

In other news, hot drat, Leicester City locked it up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

Mods don't patrol the MOBA threads

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

one of the people in my GBS game is now going to run his own game

they've become self-sustaining

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Guys why is dating so loving hard

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

one of the people in my GBS game is now going to run his own game

they've become self-sustaining

Amazing.

Now send in capps.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

because emotions are bullshit that never work properly

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Because you have to establish early that the sex life will be solid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Foxes bitch 🐺🐺🐺🐺

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
He received a lot of in game bans in dota when he used to play there. I don't know how strict hots is about their bans.

And yeah all of the moba threads are basically lawless wastelands until they inevitably get shut down.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

League thread is ok except the time they made my avatar something silly for no reason and now I throw spears into the skulls of my noob enemies so it will never happen again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Because getting things easily is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dunno, sometimes getting things easily is great. There are things that should be harder than others but a relationship doesn't have to be among them.