Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lo Pan got old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Iocane powder killed Roose, Walda and Roose Jr.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Direwolves of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I would be happy to never see or hear of Brann and tree wizards ever again. Just give us Willis' backstory and have him kill them all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tortuga posted:

I would be happy to never see or hear of Brann and tree wizards ever again. Just give us Willis' backstory and have him kill them all.

He and Lil' Ned end up sparring and Ned whacks him pretty hard in the head.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Elephanthead posted:

Iocane powder killed Roose, Walda and Roose Jr.

There will be great suffering in Guilder if Sansa dies!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who was more psycho, Ramsay or Joffrey

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Ramsay

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Yeah it's not a suspension of disbelief thing it's "who is this guy/girl/tree-wizard again?" I admit my memory for details over long periods of time stinks but I only vaguely recalled some little frozen nymph types helping out Bran and whatever her name is and they sure as hell weren't around Sunday.

But for me this show is entertaining as all hell week to week like no other even if character recognition is a problem occasionally.

Also I loved the Cersi dong flasher braggart scene. drat this show does crude humor so well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

monster on a stick posted:

Direwolves of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

:golfclap:

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors"

"You keep saying that. I don't think it means what you think it means."

Somebody photoshop the "to the pain" dialogue over Ramsay torturing Theon, hah.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ross Angeles posted:

Ramsay, and in fact I thought Joffrey was one of the best characters on the show whereas Ramsay sort of sucks. Because Joffrey was raised from birth being told he was the next king, and as such he's totally spoiled and bratty. And at the same time it seems like there might be something sort of broken in him that makes him an out-and-out sadist. And then that's about it, hosed up kid, hateable villain, done very well. Probably shot Ros with a crossbow to get a boner because he sees people as his own playthings to treat as he wishes.

Ramsay is like a super-powered psychopath, who despite being a regular lord's bastard, is able to get away with everything, from his 20 good men to his lifetime torture programs and on and on. Roose says something like, "If you act like a mad dog you'll get put down like one," yet if that's the case I don't really understand how Ramsay hasn't been put down long ago.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Fast Luck posted:

Ramsay, and in fact I thought Joffrey was one of the best characters on the show whereas Ramsay sort of sucks. Because Joffrey was raised from birth being told he was the next king, and as such he's totally spoiled and bratty. And at the same time it seems like there might be something sort of broken in him that makes him an out-and-out sadist. And then that's about it, hosed up kid, hateable villain, done very well. Probably shot Ros with a crossbow to get a boner because he sees people as his own playthings to treat as he wishes.

Ramsay is like a super-powered psychopath, who despite being a regular lord's bastard, is able to get away with everything, from his 20 good men to his lifetime torture programs and on and on. Roose says something like, "If you act like a mad dog you'll get put down like one," yet if that's the case I don't really understand how Ramsay hasn't been put down long ago.

I think the pretty clear implication is that Roose has been protecting him.

That, and the general vastness of the North and the sort of stern and silent mentality of the northerners.

The war has also given him a lot of room to expand his activities. Flaying the iron born was probably the first time he did a big public thing.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

He's pissed off half the North and kingmaker Frey. Littlefinger marches on him with the Vale's army. He is himself marching on a Wall that he doesn't know is staffed by wildlings, including a massive fuckoff giant.

The odds have never been higher against him, and it's all due to his own mad doggery.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ramsay has survived specifically because the North is in Chaos. If the Starks were in control and in Winterfell, that poo poo wouldn't have lasted even a few days.

His father being in charge and everybody else being busy fighting somebody else mean that he could get away with literal murder, but as soon as a new authority takes the North (Littlefinger?) or as soon as an army shows up, he's properly hosed. He has no chance.

Roose was trying to tell him to cool his jets and instead he stabbed him. He's just going to be full on crazypants until somebody has enough and goes and puts him down like the mad dog he is.

E:FB

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Ramsay is the best because he doesn't wade in murky morality bs or try to show any redeeming qualities that would make him somewhat sympathetic ever.

A villain's villain.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I think Ramsey is going to be ripped in half by a giant. Also Jon snow will no longer be a crow in the next episode.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Watching the same conversation over and over again about an actor getting replaced and what and why and huh is absolutely stunning to see

Parachute
May 18, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

Watching the same conversation over and over again about an actor getting replaced and what and why and huh is absolutely stunning to see

It's a pro-troll maneuver by the showrunners.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

turtlecrunch posted:

No he's just faking it so he could get that sweet throne with handles and wheels on it. :frogdowns:

His legs work, which is why he was strolling around the Water Gardens with Ellaria before she stabbed him. Walking is slow and painful from the gout, but Doran wasn't a full blown paraplegic or anything.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MG3 posted:

I think Ramsey is going to be ripped in half by a giant. Also Jon snow will no longer be a crow in the next episode.

Ramsay should be fed to his own dogs, but they're probably trained too well for that to happen.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Ramsay should be fed to his own dogs, but they're probably trained too well for that to happen.

It would be hilarious if he pulls a Mr. Potter and survives, uncomeuppanced, to the finale.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Disco Salmon posted:

So if that is true...then Jon Snow was only mostly dead and got the nice chocolate covered pill shoved down his throat.
Goddammit, how do you embed tweets? Someone on twitter did this exact joke and I wanted to show you :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Goddammit, how do you embed tweets? Someone on twitter did this exact joke and I wanted to show you :(

Just post the URL of the tweet itself and it should magically take care of itself

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Madurai posted:

It would be hilarious if he pulls a Mr. Potter and survives, uncomeuppanced, to the finale.

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. (This would make me happy)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

CapnAndy posted:

Just post the direct URL of the tweet.

E: not paying attention.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Should have known I didn't come up with it lol I don't even do twitter, so no clue on how to do any of that stuff.

Oh well...great minds I guess and all that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
https://twitter.com/ViceRoyMinstra/status/726953874150559744

Oh, cool. It doesn't work on preview post, that's why I thought there had to be tags or something.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think the Frey's retribution is coming soon, if at all. There is an official story, it's believable that Roose Bolton has enemies, the truth of Bolton's death is witnessed by only two living people while Walda's (Who Lord Frey MIGHT be upset about) was witnessed by no one, the other denizens of Winterfell who might have suspicions are probably afraid and/or loyal enough to keep heir mouths shut, these unsubstantiated rumors have to travel half a continent away for stuff to happen, and everyone's starting to hole up for winter.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Ramsay is going to go on a mad violence spree and improbably integrate them all into his network of dogs.

Jon, White walkers, Lannisters, Sparrows, Ironborn, Sandsnakes, Dragons and Dothraki are just alpo in the end.

Ramsay chills on the iron throne for a few weeks and then one day Arya shows up like Marky Mark in the departed.

Fin.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

AwkwardKnob posted:

It's not the fact that roles were recast that bugs me. Like, when Dumbledore changed actors in the Harry Potter movies, it didn't really matter that much because the new guy continued to act and dress like Dumbledore. My only gripe about the tree wizard recast was the fact that they changed his appearance up QUITE a bit, and I thought that was unnecessarily confusing.

I mean, look at that old wizard. Dude had a pretty distinctive look going on. And now the season starts and he's gone and gotten a haircut and shaved off his entire Wizard Beard. That doesn't seem like something you'd shave off on a whim. But what do I know haha
I watched the episode with a mate and he said "does this tie into Force Awakens then?"

nopants
May 29, 2004

Call Your Grandma posted:

Ramsay is going to go on a mad violence spree and improbably integrate them all into his network of dogs.

Jon, White walkers, Lannisters, Sparrows, Ironborn, Sandsnakes, Dragons and Dothraki are just alpo in the end.

Ramsay chills on the iron throne for a few weeks and then one day Arya shows up like Marky Mark in the departed.

Fin.

Nah. Hopeful speculation based upon the preview for next week's preview below.

In the preview for next week, An Umber tells Ramsey that he has a surprise for him. The surprise will be that the Umbers brought Rickon. Rickon's surprise for Ramsey is that he promptly feeds Lord Bolton to Shaggydog.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AwkwardKnob posted:

It's not the fact that roles were recast that bugs me. Like, when Dumbledore changed actors in the Harry Potter movies, it didn't really matter that much because the new guy continued to act and dress like Dumbledore. My only gripe about the tree wizard recast was the fact that they changed his appearance up QUITE a bit, and I thought that was unnecessarily confusing.

I mean, look at that old wizard. Dude had a pretty distinctive look going on. And now the season starts and he's gone and gotten a haircut and shaved off his entire Wizard Beard. That doesn't seem like something you'd shave off on a whim. But what do I know haha

Why is everyone complaining about this when they turned the Children character from looking like a 9 year old elf into looking like an X-Man Mutant?

I mean the old look was kind of hilariously goofy but I'm STILL not sure if that's the same character..

-

vs

Is this supposed to be a different character? Are they even the same fantasy race?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 3, 2016

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Why is everyone complaining about this when they turned the Children character from looking like a 9 year old elf into looking like an X-Man Mutant?

I mean the old look was kind of hilariously goofy but I'm STILL not sure if that's the same character..

-

vs

Is this supposed to be a different character? Are they even the same fantasy race?

The director shooting those episode ran out of money before filming The Three Eyed Raven and the Child of the Forest so they had to cheepo it up.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

The true tragedy of Game of Thrones is they didn't get to meet and become total BFF murderbros

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They should have left out the forehead prosthetics.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I hope we get some children of the forest that are actual, i don't know, characters with names and personalities for a change.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deakul posted:

I hope we get some children of the forest that are actual, i don't know, characters with names and personalities for a change.

I want one to shoot a fireball at a dark souls skeleton again.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Is everybody really hung up on actor changes? They changed actors, it's super obvious, it was likely outside of their control. For the Drowned God's sake, complain about bad writing or inappropriate character motivation, things that have happened as recently as last episode. If it bothers you that much, just pretend the magical forest people older than the loving first men who can apparently choose to look like children, decided to start looking like Mystique. Headcanon solves everything.

I'm just happy this episode was so much better than last week's.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I enjoyed last week's episode and thought the criticisms were unfounded. Some people even thought it was garbage personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Just a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzWo97BBeOs

Histories and Lore of Season 5, in case anyone didn't see it.

The actors do a fantastic job narrating these. Harry Lloyd, Mark Addy, Charles Dance and Michael McElhatton are superb doing in-character narration.

• Locked thread