Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

God this poo poo makes me sad. She and others like her are walking(waddling) strawmen that actively hurt the causes they say they are fighting for. Whether it's legitimate echo chamber misunderstanding of reality or just a cry for attention doesn't really matter- all it does is destroy the possibility of actual discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that looks like Roz from Monsters Inc.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Just Offscreen posted:

God this poo poo makes me sad. She and others like her are walking(waddling) strawmen that actively hurt the causes they say they are fighting for. Whether it's legitimate echo chamber misunderstanding of reality or just a cry for attention doesn't really matter- all it does is destroy the possibility of actual discourse.

That's the worst part. People like that are actually helping the assholes they are protesting.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Just Offscreen posted:

Whether it's legitimate echo chamber misunderstanding of reality or just a cry for attention doesn't really matter- all it does is destroy the possibility of actual discourse.

That's the point. They don't want actual discourse. They want you to shut up and obey.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Look at those bingo wings go!

The comedian who says "gently caress my set" and just rips into them for 5 minutes was fun

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Just Offscreen posted:

Its just people with no real world experience whatsoever who can't understand why things aren't just being bent to their whim and it's slowly going to get to a point where everything is offensive to someone. It was like that article about people studying law who were allowed to not participate in anything to do with sexual violence because it was 'Triggering'. And it's like well what the gently caress are you going to do when you leave school, put your fingers in your ears the moment someone says something you don't agree with? Unfortunately in life people are going to say things you don't like, and things are going to happen that you don't agree with and that's sadly how life works.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrVenkman posted:

Its just people with no real world experience whatsoever who can't understand why things aren't just being bent to their whim and it's slowly going to get to a point where everything is offensive to someone. It was like that article about people studying law who were allowed to not participate in anything to do with sexual violence because it was 'Triggering'. And it's like well what the gently caress are you going to do when you leave school, put your fingers in your ears the moment someone says something you don't agree with? Unfortunately in life people are going to say things you don't like, and things are going to happen that you don't agree with and that's sadly how life works.

The kids who hardened the gently caress up in the upcoming generations are going to have it so easy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
8 thought everybody learned as a small child that people won't always agree with you. Guess not.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

whiteyfats posted:

I thought everybody learned as a small child that people won't always agree with you. Guess not.

This is the 21st century in the 1st world- the exact opposite is true across the board.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I wonder how much this hypersensitivity to anything that offends them correlates with with income level. I'm guessing it's mostly pampered upper middle class people who have the sort of worldview that the world should accommodate them while people who grew up working class realized that the world's response is generally "tough poo poo."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

whiteyfats posted:

8 thought everybody learned as a small child that people won't always agree with you. Guess not.

Well yeah, but in truth we always hold our opinions to be the better ones, otherwise we wouldn't hold them in the first place. This is just a terribly over the top reaction to it.

In truth a great deal of Social Justice is valid and useful at a great deal of the ideas that it contains are important for people. The problem, as much as anything, is the fact that any movement attracts a certain number of complete nutbars and, especially on the internet, they can be used to accuse people of guilt by association.

Also to say that everyone just needs to "get over it" is kind of daft considering the human capacity for holding grudges and the way in which there are still a lot of things that ordinary people do that dicks over others.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

whiteyfats posted:

Sure, everybody learns that. The difference is, some people get older and start to think that "disagreement" is the same thing as "oppression."

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That lady is gonna get torn up. Begging to be edited into a neil peart drumkit.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Rabble posted:

Too many favorites to pick from but gonna have to go with the free speech, "I have the right to say whatever I want and interrupt the panel" hypocrisy. They don't get free speech because it's "bad."

Bye fatlicia

I love that whole mentality of "<x> only works if it benefits ME and nobody else", especially with free speech. What an idiotic fat troll of a woman, surprised she didn't keel over and die from heart failure.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DrVenkman posted:

This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

lol, real life is a better parody than all the fictional parody

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Canemacar posted:

I wonder how much this hypersensitivity to anything that offends them correlates with with income level. I'm guessing it's mostly pampered upper middle class people who have the sort of worldview that the world should accommodate them while people who grew up working class realized that the world's response is generally "tough poo poo."

The poorest people I know are the most entitled.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Cool pics guys, I mean grade school discussion on political correctness

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

BANME.sh posted:

Cool pics guys, I mean grade school discussion on political correctness

Great picture contribution.

http://imgur.com/FHlubxF

Field Mousepad has a new favorite as of 19:08 on May 2, 2016

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Philly journalism is on a roll lately.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I didn't know that they made a QWOP game just for hand holding!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Phanatic posted:

That's the point. They don't want actual discourse. They want you to shut up and obey.

I can relate, because I sure would love it if you babies would shut the gently caress up about how awful the SJWs are and post some funny pictures.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I can relate, because I sure would love it if you babies would shut the gently caress up about how awful the SJWs are and post some funny pictures.

Where's your funny picture?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Krinkle posted:

Already done for you

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bitchin!

e: geddit? gedddit? "chin"? aaaaaahahahahahah

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

I would joke that it's unfortunate someone doxxed TinTower but I don't want them to gain any self awareness.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

It's already happened I'm sure. I've heard rumblings that people found this lady's dating profile (and who knows what else), which is getting from general mockery into creepiness. There's a point where the mockery outweighs the magnitude of the original thing. It's not something I feel like taking part in.

Maybe I'm just tired after all the hours I wasted spent following GamerGate and all the dickishness that came with and after it. Maybe it's the time staring at comment sections and tweet threads after every little SJ thing catching up with me. Maybe I'm still trying to figure out my place in the grand scheme of things when it comes to not being a cock. Or maybe I am triggered by the triggering. Probably a bit of everything; best left for an E/N thread.

Picture:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

My god, no one likes this guy. How is he this popular??

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rabble posted:

He isn't. He just isn't Donald Trump.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rabble posted:

A rich dad paying people to be your friend can make you seem a lot more popular than you actually are.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Never eating again, thanks.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Goddamnit now the internet is ruining ramen. The purest, most beautiful thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This image is way funnier considering that this is Egypt and this snow was the first snow they got in 112 years.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nondcav4HL1tfckbs.mp4#_=_

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7DKHlxU2j4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's a sailboat.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No fingers OR ring, what is this garbage posting?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I love that the fumble continues even after they hold their hands aloft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread