Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's just a game. Them going to go play with other people isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

My entire point is that the "grass is always greener" mentality people have about life outside the Imperium is honest to god kinda crazy sometimes. People are free to do whatever they want, doesn't mean they are immune from getting made fun of for doing it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i just posted that one!!

Guess where I got it from...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You just don't steal another goons webm. Thems fightin posts.

I mean, I guess I can see making fun if then going to PH. If your not good enough for PL that's gotta sting

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

how space important do you have to be to make an im leaving post

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Well, Thanks DT, I just saw it as the most appropriate response to Zephyrine's msg to me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Venom Snake posted:

My entire point is that the "grass is always greener" mentality people have about life outside the Imperium is honest to god kinda crazy sometimes. People are free to do whatever they want, doesn't mean they are immune from getting made fun of for doing it :v:

I doubt the grass is greener. Rather with the war turning the lawn is probably brown and black from being constantly on fire and people putting it out with buckets of gasoline. But it will probably be an interesting experience.

CainFortea posted:

I mean, I guess I can see making fun if then going to PH. If your not good enough for PL that's gotta sting

Such is life. Have to start somewhere.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/eyguMfo.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

how space important do you have to be to make an im leaving post

un, generally

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Why is Vyst and Deadtear doing so well at making me feel better? This has been a surprisingly rough evening. It's 2 at night and I can't sleep.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i am not trying to make you feel better, I'm just posting cute poo poo like usual

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Why is Vyst and Deadtear doing so well at making me feel better? This has been a surprisingly rough evening. It's 2 at night and I can't sleep.

You are too emotionally invested in this poo poo, but you kinda have to when you are doing the "high way to burn out" logistics things.

In other news, Leicester won the Title!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Altran posted:

You are too emotionally invested in this poo poo, but you kinda have to when you are doing the "high way to burn out" logistics things.

Probably. I do like a lot of the people though.

Altran posted:

In other news, Leicester won the Title!

Hey no GOT spoilers. I read the books and they aren't there yet!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

Probably. I do like a lot of the people though.

Hey no GOT spoilers. I read the books and they aren't there yet!

it's not game of thrones, it's harry potter

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jon Snow alive in Westeros

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

man you guys sure post on reddit a lot for not liking it

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

How are we supposed to resist a thread that deliciously tear-drenched?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
never not post

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

how about you address what they posted white noise boy :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

They make good points. Also was Querns as a username really taken?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's just a game. Them going to go play with other people isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

:agreed: :same: thanks for hauling so much of my poo poo to Saranen, you seem sincere about staying classy and not burning peoples' alts so :hfive: glhf

Name and shame the doxxers or you're just helping perpetuate the problem. Whatever it is has to be worse than what's already publicly known, since as far as I can tell we were way harder on the crasskitty assholes than the r/eve crew was on the guys who drove Yolo Swagtron to a literal breakdown. I like humor and pissing in Cheerios but I don't want to hang out with RL bullies either, and neither do a lot of goons I suspect.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

no i agree with what they posted, but they're in the echo chamber so i don't know what they're expecting

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

Also was Querns as a username really taken?

didn't try for "querns"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

it's a predator/prey thing, the predator doesn't hang around the fetid swamp because he likes it there

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

didn't try for "querns"

You should before someone else nicks it :p

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

it's a predator/prey thing, the predator doesn't hang around the fetid swamp because he likes it there

hahaha oh man

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cravius posted:

hahaha oh man

im a posting predator :furcry:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

You should before someone else nicks it :p

:effort:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Also GSF Querns is going to be really awkward in retrospect when DJ gets Goonfleet back and he hands it over to Mittens with Goonswarm. Before telling CCP and Eve in general to eat a dick as he rides into the sunset.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Glory of Arioch posted:

A predditor even

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the sleek and deadly querns nestles quietly in between two redpiller soliloquies, scanning the posting horizon for a slow or sickly member of the herd

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

the only predation you're involved in is the next box of hot pockets :c00l:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

Also GSF Querns is going to be really awkward in retrospect when DJ gets Goonfleet back and he hands it over to Mittens with Goonswarm. Before telling CCP and Eve in general to eat a dick as he rides into the sunset.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Have faith. DJ has not abandoned you. This is all a scheme of the Black Hand.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You're really loving stupid Globby. I feel like nobody has told you this before and you need to hear it.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

You're really loving stupid Globby. I feel like nobody has told you this before and you need to hear it.

Really rude. I feel like I should report this but I'm just going to admonish you for invading his safe space.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Are newbie tacklers still a necessary part of fleets? I figure if I can't find a goon group with which to small-group logi I can at least run something like that. I used to fly Griffins in Delve when I was new.

I was never good enough to solo pvp and I pretty much don't have a clue what null is like now. But while I wait for VideoGames to accept my app I figured I'd look around for something for my pvp guy. I can fly a whole lot of poo poo but I don't know what's popular or what works these days. I keep hearing that small gang is suddenly important and that's cool but I don't feel like bringing Rapiers and Scimitars and t3 poo poo when I'm this clueless.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Everyone loves newbie tacklers

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

I doubt the grass is greener. Rather with the war turning the lawn is probably brown and black from being constantly on fire and people putting it out with buckets of gasoline. But it will probably be an interesting experience.

Such is life. Have to start somewhere.

+Vouch

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."

Ad by Khad posted:

Are newbie tacklers still a necessary part of fleets? I figure if I can't find a goon group with which to small-group logi I can at least run something like that. I used to fly Griffins in Delve when I was new.

I was never good enough to solo pvp and I pretty much don't have a clue what null is like now. But while I wait for VideoGames to accept my app I figured I'd look around for something for my pvp guy. I can fly a whole lot of poo poo but I don't know what's popular or what works these days. I keep hearing that small gang is suddenly important and that's cool but I don't feel like bringing Rapiers and Scimitars and t3 poo poo when I'm this clueless.

It depends on what you mean by "newbie". Brand new players in t1 frigs are next to useless, but :shobon: as hell. A few interceptors are always welcome in fleets, but become a problem if the FC calls for a battleship doctrine and 1/4 of the members turn up in interceptors. Dictors are always good, as long as you don't bubble your own people.

If you want to fly with goons, atm they seem to be running a lot of interceptor fleets or bomber fleets. I don't know about logi, but as long as you fly something that qualifies for SRP, I guess you should be good. Or you could go to FW space and pvp in frigates until you get the hang of it. Just do whatever is fun for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You don't have to do so much hurf durf so you can use Horde standings to jump freighter poo poo out of trapped stations. We don't care.

• Locked thread