Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Cyberventurer posted:

...Is this true?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4hijpm/beware_bug_the_physical_defense_stat_is_almost/

So not only poise does nothing, but neither does the physical absorption stat? It's basically nothing but "slug melee" resistance, according to the poster.

Player Weapons use it, but for PvE Standard Physical is only used by the slugs. This isn't a new thing, it was almost never used in the previous games either, everything did slash/thrust/strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Genocyber posted:

Anyone have a Twin Prince Soul they wouldn't mind giving/trading to me?

I can make you whatever weapon you want and trade that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My brother just got invaded by a man named Butcher Pete, who was using the butcher knife

Brother attacked him, got parried, and then the riposte. Two weak smacks "oh ok thats not too bad" and then WHAM, third smack destroys his health bar. He got hacked, whacked, and smacked into pieces, just like that, man.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

BillmasterCozb posted:

My brother just got invaded by a man named Butcher Pete, who was using the butcher knife

Brother attacked him, got parried, and then the riposte. Two weak smacks "oh ok thats not too bad" and then WHAM, third smack destroys his health bar. He got hacked, whacked, and smacked into pieces, just like that, man.

Someone who knows how to use the knife is a mean one to deal with, it's on a level 15 invader of mine and it defeats trios of players unless they're R1 spamming, A level scaling right from the start on the knife too.

I should build a list of weapons with three-hit ripostes because they are evil-awesome for PvP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

I can make you whatever weapon you want and trade that.

If you're on PS4 (should have mentioned that) then that works.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 3, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

NTT posted:

Estus soup is a specialty of his.
He says long may the sun shine.
Sunlight talisman AND sunlight covenant are near estus soup.
Farron Keep is on the way to Irithyll, where you meet him again.

Seigward is most likely a sunbro, and the room in the undead settlement is either A. his living space or B. a room of terrible torture and misery he, by complete coincidence, decided to use to hole up for the day before continuing on his unkindled journey.

...Well, that is definitely a theory. :stare:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

God fighting someone with an estoc and someone else with a darksword at the same time is aids town.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
counter with whips

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Genocyber posted:

If you're on PS4 (should have mentioned that) then that works.

Sorry I'm on PC.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

Sorry I'm on PC.

Dang. Thanks for the offer anywho.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I did it. Somehow I actually did it.

I loving platinumed Dark Souls III. :suicide:

My hard drive got fried and I don't start work for another two weeks so I literally had nothing better to do. Getting the rings honestly wasn't that bad but farming 30 ears for that loving miracle was a nightmare grind that I never want to contemplate again.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The one good whip in the game is the pyromancer one right? How does that work?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone please give me hot tips for using the Greatlance (in PvE). The R1 is hilariously slow (and has no super armor) and the R2 does less damage than R1 but somehow uses the entire stamina bar. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

net cafe scandal posted:

Annoyingly, since for some reason I can't transfer its weapon art onto other whips.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Someone please give me hot tips for using the Greatlance (in PvE). The R1 is hilariously slow (and has no super armor) and the R2 does less damage than R1 but somehow uses the entire stamina bar. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

It has high counterattack damage so what you want to do is stack poise and eat the opponent's first hit to nail them with a counterattack... :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

It has high counterattack damage so what you want to do is stack poise and eat the opponent's first hit to nail them with a counterattack... :v:

This would be a great strategy if poise actually did anything in this game :negative:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
using great chaos orb and vow of silence on aldritch with an int/faith pyromancy build makes him even easier then the deacons. the only difficult thing is getting one-shot by any of his attacks with my base 11 vigor. I also feel guilty whenever I mis-time the silence and the host gets arrowed to death :v:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

net cafe scandal posted:

From my memory using it very briefly, exactly like other whips but its AR isn't absolute garbage, provided you have the right stats for it, anyways.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Your Computer posted:

This would be a great strategy if poise actually did anything in this game :negative:

And enemy damage were lower. It was really good, if a bit one note, in DS2.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Hopefully the DLCs have some slower but heavier hitting (per attack) enemies to kinda make it a lil more like DS 1 and 2

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Hopefully the DLCs have some slower but heavier hitting (per attack) enemies to kinda make it a lil more like DS 1 and 2

If anything hits heavier than the base game you're just going to be one-shotted

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

NTT posted:

counter with whips

Too bad whips are poo poo outside of the endgame one on a pyromancer. RIP old whip, it was a pain in the rear end to get and broke constantly but I loved power stancing two of them.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Long shot but would anyone on PC be willing to trade away their Crescent Moon Sword or Dragonslayer Axe.. I've got a bunch of stuff I think that I could stand to part with

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 3, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I wish there was an ice whip.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Great Scythe's one-handed running attack is a 180 sweep that has the range of a spear, and all of its power attacks are amazing at tripping people up.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried turning on voice chat with a new character, I listened to one of my phantoms yell excitedly when we killed a purple phantom and I'll never forget his final words in the undead village as we entered that graveyard with the white birch tree, "What the gently caress is-"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Seems like a pile of crap to me

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Internet Kraken posted:

Too bad whips are poo poo outside of the endgame one on a pyromancer. RIP old whip, it was a pain in the rear end to get and broke constantly but I loved power stancing two of them.

i was kidding

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo, Luck builds are fun, hilarious, and strong as hell. I chumped on three invaders with the twinblades without breaking a sweat, and Anri's just took a huge poo poo on the Abyss Watchers.

Also that fight is still the best in the game. It's so cool!

e: Oh noooo I chumped too soon, I forgot about Patches and Siegward!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 3, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So what ice weapons are there other than the Irithyll straight sword and Vordt's hammer?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ice cubes in your freezer to throw at From

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Long shot but would anyone on PC be willing to trade away their Crescent Moon Sword or Dragonslayer Axe.. I've got a bunch of stuff I think that I could stand to part with

I can give both if you have an astora greatsword to give away. My steam name is the same as this one.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Iretep posted:

I can give both if you have an astora greatsword to give away. My steam name is the same as this one.

Sounds like a deal. Should be pretty easy to trade with a password. When and where is a good time?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the exiled greatsword is the strongest sword in the omniverse

net cafe scandal posted:

Sounds like a deal. Should be pretty easy to trade with a password. When and where is a good time?

give password to me. I will provide "security"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BillmasterCozb posted:

So what ice weapons are there other than the Irithyll straight sword and Vordt's hammer?

There's an Irithyll rapier I think.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Pontiff scythe has an ice buff and godlike DEX scaling if fortune favors you and it drops from the one enemy that carries it.. Hint: Be Christian.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Right now i guess. I have a red sign down now with the password dongs in undead settlement bonfire. If you cant see the sign it probably means our level diffrence is too big.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

net cafe scandal posted:

The Pontiff scythe has an ice buff and godlike DEX scaling if fortune favors you and it drops from the one enemy that carries it.. Hint: Be Christian.

It's a stylish weapon for sure.

Especially when fire buffed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Iretep posted:

Right now i guess. I have a red sign down now with the password dongs in undead settlement bonfire. If you cant see the sign it probably means our level diffrence is too big.

I'm coming. My name is Sun Watcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

RatHat posted:

There's an Irithyll rapier I think.

The Pontiff Knight Great Scythe can add frostbite with its weapon art. But that's all of them.