Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rhyno posted:

And yet, only one has hosed a pig.

That the public is aware of. The real number is at least in the 7 figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fyodor posted:

That the public is aware of. The real number is at least in the 7 figures.

Nah, the rest of them were trying to gently caress kids while screaming up and down about the threat transgender people pose to women and children.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, the rest of them were trying to gently caress kids while screaming up and down about the threat transgender people pose to women and children.

Well, the Republicans anyways.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

David Cameron: liberal pig-fucker.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Strained my back doing God knows what. This sucks

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tide posted:

Strained my back from getting old. This sucks

ftfy

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Slavvy posted:

Politicians are scum simply because the systems we have in place for electing them select in favour of scum. Blame the game not the players.

Guess who set the game up?

Hmmm... yeah, politicans.

Rhyno posted:

Well, the Republicans anyways.

Kiddie loving isnt just a conservative value in a politician. But it does seem the more conservative, the more likely they get caught with their dick balls deep in a 10 year old.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wasn't it politicians who came up with "never be caught with a dead woman or a live boy"?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Guess who set the game up?

Hmmm... yeah, politicans.

Actually decades of public indifference and willful ignorance on the part of ordinary people did.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I cleaned leaves, moved rocks, shoveled dirt, and moved poo poo all day Saturday. Then Saturday night at the dirt track I leaned over to pick up my beer and threw my back out :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kiddie loving isnt just a conservative value in a politician. But it does seem the more conservative, the more likely they get caught with their dick balls deep in a 10 year old.

True, but the 'publicans seem to be the most frequent offenders. Other than Catholic Priests.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I wrestled an EJ25 for several hours yesterday and won. Felt fine.

Today I threw out my lower back sitting in a chair at work. Not sitting down or standing up or anything, just sitting there, now my lower left back feels like I threw it out. Hopefully just a cramp/minor pulled muscle.

Also we should have a cage match to the death for all politicians and then shoot the winner.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Actually decades of public indifference and willful ignorance on the part of ordinary people did.

And who has been making sure that is the case for the last 300 years or longer so they can get away with murder?

Rhyno posted:

True, but the 'publicans seem to be the most frequent offenders. Other than Catholic Priests.

Oh now that's true. Basically these days if I hear some politician making GBS threads on about family values, DEM GAYS!! or Think of the Children, I just presume they are either loving someone on the side (Which in politics is actually very common), they are gay or they shouldnt be allowed near children.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Damnit....

I did turn 43 today.

Awesome bday present. THANKS OBAMA

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My mother in law passed away on Wednesday night and I just got back from flying out there to see the extended fam. :(

It wasn't really a surprise that it was going to happen, but I really thought she would hold on for longer. Hug your loved ones, everyone.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

I wrestled an EJ25 for several hours yesterday and won. Felt fine.

Today I threw out my lower back sitting in a chair at work. Not sitting down or standing up or anything, just sitting there, now my lower left back feels like I threw it out. Hopefully just a cramp/minor pulled muscle.

Also we should have a cage match to the death for all politicians and then shoot the winner.

You threw it out yesterday, didn't find out till today

Condolences SSS :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

gently caress Blue Cross so loving hard. They were supposed to have this poo poo with my health insurance fixed by "Thursday, Friday at the latest". When that didn't happen, I sent them an email through the member website. Nothing aggressive, just "Can you please tell me what's going on? I have a doctor's appointment coming up next week, and his office is unable to verify coverage."

Got an email today saying I had a message on their member website. I can login, but just get a screen saying "This portlet is disabled", no matter what computer or device I use. When I try to call their 24/7 "technical support" line, as soon as I put in my member number I get redirected to a "we're closed, call back during the day" recording. Making it more fun, I got a loving dozen insurance ID cards in the mail today.

Apparently this is what I pay $300+ a month for.

Looks like I just added another notch to the state's list of complaints against BCBS. :fuckoff:

meatpimp posted:

Student skipped days totaling 6 out of 14 weeks so far. Skipped several major assignments. When he/she figured out that they were completely hosed in the class, pulled out the "I have ADD" card and is tying to unfuck themselves.

Not going to happen. He/she actively made choices over the course of the semester. There are consequences for those choices. In this case? The consequence is a big ol' F. You cannot make up the in-class lectures and material provided in them, by "getting an incomplete." I'll teach the same class next semester, feel free to re-register next semester, slacker.

:cripes:

Every college I've ever attended will let you re-take the class once and replace the grade entirely (at UNT you had to submit a request in writing to records to get it done, but it was still very doable), so it's like you never even failed the class the first time. Except for financial aid purposes anyway.

That's how I took my GPA from <0.5 to 3.3 over about 2 years. The only reason it wasn't higher at the end is some of the classes were no longer offered.

I could see an incomplete if, say, he had a sick family member and had to care for them - but only if they stayed in touch. And they should have dropped that class a long time ago anyway. I'm ADD as gently caress, previously medicated. Unmedicated, I pulled off two 4.0 semesters back to back (12 hours each term), and the others were all 3.5 or above (except for the semester my grandmother passed, I think I finished with a 1.9 - took a bullshit mayterm class and nailed a 4.0 in it to get off of academic probation). ADD isn't a viable excuse once you're in college.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Cat chat - I dont care who you are, if you declaw a cat you are a flaming cuntrocket that needs to die in a dumpster fire. God Almighty, that sends cats insane

What if you adopt a cat that's already declawed? :ohdear:

I would never declaw a cat, but mine was sans front claws when I got him.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Tide posted:

Damnit....

I did turn 43 today.

Awesome bday present. THANKS OBAMA

Yesterday I was cycling and stopped at the lights that just so happened to have a pub. Some fat barely able to waddle boozo yells out "Where's your car?" and all his fat boozed up mates laugh. Not feeling entirely sociable, I asked "So how old are you?"

"53, why?"

"I'm 47 and I don't need a car. Or a wheelchair. Later!"

Umm....what was the point I was making again?

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Geirskogul posted:

I get it. Sorry, thought the PMS'ing was spreading.

I'm just a drunk man wandering SEA-TAC.

Dude are you in Seattle? I can come say hi.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

What if you adopt a cat that's already declawed? :ohdear:

I would never declaw a cat, but mine was sans front claws when I got him.

You didnt do it so..... that's fine, you didnt mutilate it. Love your kitty

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yesterday I was cycling and stopped at the lights that just so happened to have a pub. Some fat barely able to waddle boozo yells out "Where's your car?" and all his fat boozed up mates laugh. Not feeling entirely sociable, I asked "So how old are you?"

"53, why?"

You won.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This guy rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNKJJ8d_GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0MWZFKRRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJ45ZQKnGc

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

You won.

Oh. Ummm... yeah, that too.

Honestly tho, maybe I'll do myself in with an early heart attack anyway but I am noticing a widening gap between other men around my age and myself as to physical condition. I'm nothing special to say the least but still......

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"53, why?"

I always love the assumption that the guy on the bike that cost more than whatever the redneck in question is driving can't afford and doesn't own a car. gently caress you, I own 2 cars I barely drive (that are still better than your 2001 Focus).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh. Ummm... yeah, that too.

Honestly tho, maybe I'll do myself in with an early heart attack anyway but I am noticing a widening gap between other men around my age and myself as to physical condition. I'm nothing special to say the least but still......

I'm 45, 6 foot 160lbs. Old fat dudes give me poo poo for being skinny and I just loving laugh at them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My dad is pushing 70, 5'10 and 155 lbs.

He inhales every bit of food he runs across, in massive quantities, and he claims this is the most he's ever weighed. Me, on the other hand... 5'7 and 200, and I really don't eat much (nowhere near what he does, even with the :420: munchies added). I could probably toss him over my shoulder though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 3, 2016

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And who has been making sure that is the case for the last 300 years or longer so they can get away with murder?

Oh now that's true. Basically these days if I hear some politician making GBS threads on about family values, DEM GAYS!! or Think of the Children, I just presume they are either loving someone on the side (Which in politics is actually very common), they are gay or they shouldnt be allowed near children.

I have hopes for the priesthood improving, assuming the Cardinals don't throw Pope Francis out a window in the next year or two.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Liquid Communism posted:

I have hopes for the priesthood improving, assuming the Cardinals don't throw Pope Francis out a window in the next year or two.

Abolish abstinence and let priests be normal family men and women, maybe in 70 years it'll have improved.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Have you noticed the more sexually repressed your culture / religion is the more violent you are?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CharlesM posted:

Have you noticed the more sexually repressed your culture / religion is the more violent you are?

Well not me personally but yes theres a correlation to that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CharlesM posted:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cakefool posted:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I listen to a lot of "Last Podcast on the Left" so this isn't new, but in a big list there, this one right here stands out. The rest are like "okay, yes, mm, yes" and then BAM.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah if I was to rewrite that for me I'd say if you achieve something by chance alone don't make anyone yourself included think it was due to skill.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Seeing as this is the AI forum, can I have opinions on the film Speed Racer? Personally I feel it's a massively underrated film, pure joy from start to finish, and oh what a finish it is.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My sinuses are so hosed right now my teeth hurt. :(

Edit: Lol the other guy who got hired at the same time as me has called outta work every single time it has rained. You work outside dude.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 3, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

And here it is, 3rd May or the 3rd anniversary I got 100% serious about cycling as marked in Strava and just never stopped

Started on a Specialized Roubaix that died in a car altercation after 10,393 kms

Got a S-Works Venge

Also a Epic Marathon for mountain biking

After the Roubaix, came the S-Works Tarmac I called the Assassin for it's ridculous silence and road vibration killing. 9386 kms and sadly it cracked.

That brings me up to the S-Works Tarmac Assassin Mk II that got some upgrades at the same time as the new frame - now up to 10,950 kms in just 10 months!

So at the end of three years I'm now up to 40,573 kms since I rode off from Jet Cycles on the then new Roubaix. I said I was never going to stop and I havent.

And I wouldnt swap any of those kms for just about anything in the world.

(Lets see... the Tarmac
S-Works Tarmac 2016
S-Works Power saddle with rear carbon bottle mount
Other carbon cages
Xentis 4.2 Silver Squad wheels / hubs
3T Aeroroad Stealth carbon bars
S-Works stem
Ultegra 9000 shifters
Dura-Ace 9000 brakes
Dura Ace 11 spd mech front / rear
S-Works 52/36 spider
Quarq power meter
S-Works carbon cranks
SPD MTB pedals to troll

One day I'll upgrade to DuraAce shifters. Meh, it's not like the Ultegra ones are poo poo)

quote:

I always love the assumption that the guy on the bike that cost more than whatever the redneck in question is driving can't afford and doesn't own a car. gently caress you, I own 2 cars I barely drive (that are still better than your 2001 Focus).

Yeah, the road bike I just added it up and drat near had a heart attack how much it would be to replace - The wheels alone are 3000 and this is a bike I commute with. Granted my commute is rather long and a good bike makes that a lot nicer....... The TT bike wasnt cheap to say the least either.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 3, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Seriously are any of y'all going to EDCNY?
Because you should.
Also we should chill.
Was thinking about it but too much poo poo going on at work and other people being out of town. Also no go for me picking up the project car and visiting you this weekend :( Dang people taking time off. Any chance you're headed to Imagine in late August?

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I used to have dreams toward the tail end of semesters that I had a class that I had just forgotten to go to for months. Fortunately that was never real.
poo poo I still have those from time to time and I graduated almost eight years ago.

meatpimp posted:

Edit: I know nerds are going to poo poo an eggroll about this, but I just got a Google OnHub router to play with. Easiest loving setup of any router I've ever seen. Basic app to control it, up an running in less than a minute. Signal range seems pretty good and strong... better than I had expected... and I haven't even started to play with the IFTTT integration that they just added (and the reason that I got it). It may even replace my main router (and older Netgear R6300) if it keeps making me happy.
I saw the IFTTT mention for this a couple days ago, hadn't even heard about it before but now I'm kind of thinking of buying one. Not sure what I would actually use it for though. I use IFTTT on my phone but so far only to change backgrounds and auto turn off my hue lights.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

poo poo I turned 30 this year and the physical condition gap of friends and peers is scary. I'm not in perfect shape and never will be but I'm not 300lb and can run up a flight of stairs without getting winded. Not going to lie I love it and it makes dating pretty easy. Have a date with a hot doctor tonight who seems really excited to meet me!

Time to go load a truck, yay!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Slavvy posted:

Does anyone here know how to collimate a newtonian telescope with anything resembling accuracy? I've tried every bullshit cut a piece of paper peer through a pinhole pile of absolute loving horseshit on the net and nothing works, I Just Can't Do It. If I could pay someone to do this I would but there doesn't appear to be anything like that in this country and I'm out of ideas.

They sell laser collimators that plug into the eyepiece. There's really no other way to do it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Was thinking about it but too much poo poo going on at work and other people being out of town. Also no go for me picking up the project car and visiting you this weekend :( Dang people taking time off. Any chance you're headed to Imagine in late August?

No worries yo.

I dunno about Imagine but I'll be at Moonrise (with literallyafish and AcidRonin) in early August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So at the end of three years I'm now up to 40,573 kms

I need to ride more. Wow.

• Locked thread