Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

[S-004: Tapping Animals]
Let's Play Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

This game is loving adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
I think I have a better explanation: after years of experiencing the phenomenon known as ? And !, Big Boss has developed the ability to instantly detect all of them, hence the sense indicator and, because MGS3 and PO's alerts were basically instant, the reflexes to just IMMEDIATELY go NOPE and shoot a man in the face.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Agreeing with Grace. The Sow Joan joke is obvious.

I take it Amiibo Festival is pass the controller play? At first I was disapointed there were no puns for catching fish, but then I remembered the puns in New Leaf were mostly lackluster. This game looks fun but you can't create a character like in the regular AC games, nor use the amiibo cards as your character. It was bad enough HHD didn't let you change out of your work jacket even after hours but this is a new low. Aside from that AF looks to have really kept the spirit of Animal Crossing games.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

pick-e posted:

Agreeing with Grace. The Sow Joan joke is obvious.

I take it Amiibo Festival is pass the controller play? At first I was disapointed there were no puns for catching fish, but then I remembered the puns in New Leaf were mostly lackluster. This game looks fun but you can't create a character like in the regular AC games, nor use the amiibo cards as your character. It was bad enough HHD didn't let you change out of your work jacket even after hours but this is a new low. Aside from that AF looks to have really kept the spirit of Animal Crossing games.

You could change out of your clothes in HHD. You use the Amiibo figures as your character in board game mode, there are like six or seven minigames you use the cards for, as well, you can use the cards to roll for you if you like, since each amiibo card has a specific dice roll associated with it. I just didn't bring my cards with me to the hotel because I have like, 300+ of them.

Amiibo Festival cute and relaxing, which is the spirit of Animal Crossing. It's just a nice way to spend some time, don't hate at it because it's not ACWiiU. It never was meant to be after all, it's just cute harmless fun.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Three moth old Red Panda cubs Pumori and Rohan.

Saw this and immediately though of you two.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[S-005: Crossover Hazard Assessment]
Let's Play Super Smash Bros modern warfare

Enjoy this video where Grace totally helps me understand the mechanics of this game I've played maybe twice before :colbert:

We recorded a bunch of episodes while I'm still here in America :v: The booze gets heavy.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 4, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dan wins this match
Congratulation Dan, you deserve it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[img]http://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1][/img]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 1 - A RAY of Hope

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/726964908865282048

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
YES

Edit: Oh dang, did you just call Sam Spanish? I can't believe you're so culturally insensitive Dan! :ohdear:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 2, 2016

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
:getin:

EDIT: I loving lost it at "That train is carrying a prime minister. :downs:"

Edward_Tohr fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 2, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You should play Bayonetta, Dan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Disappointed that the episode title isn't "Grace Fights A Giant loving Robot"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

YEA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :tem: :tem: :tem:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 2, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Waffleman_ posted:

Disappointed that the episode title isn't "Grace Fights A Giant loving Robot"

I didn't want to ruin the surprise :v:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You should play Bayonetta, Dan.

I had it in the hotel but we didn't get around to it. I showed off a bit of the prologue too him but he was so tired he fell asleep :v:

Maybe next time

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man MGR:R really owns a lot huh

For months after playing it I was disappointed every time a videogame didn't have a badass dynamic soundtrack

That game spoiled me for like half a year on anything else

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Monkey Fracas posted:

For months after playing it I was disappointed every time a videogame didn't have a badass dynamic soundtrack

Yeah, it's going to be one hell of a treat for those of you who haven't seen this game before, because the sound design is a motherfucking thing of beauty. :rock:

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Wait, did your two say Big Zam? Nice job on the prologue, I take it Graces Bayonetta skill translated over to Rising? I like how in some of the action scenes prologue Raiden gives off a Dante feel. That voice acting of his though... yikes. That Ray clearly wasn't your standard MGS2 Ray with all the damage it took. It kept on going yet you still shat on it. MG Ray's can't get any love. :(

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

pick-e posted:

Wait, did your two say Big Zam? Nice job on the prologue, I take it Graces Bayonetta skill translated over to Rising? I like how in some of the action scenes prologue Raiden gives off a Dante feel. That voice acting of his though... yikes. That Ray clearly wasn't your standard MGS2 Ray with all the damage it took. It kept on going yet you still shat on it. MG Ray's can't get any love. :(

see, a lot of the controls and actions Raiden can perform actually feel a lot like Bayonetta to me. It might be the fact that he's blading with all his limbs, but he has that sorta sleek and elegant way about slashing men into thousands of bits and vapors that just reminded me of Bayonetta the whole time.

One thing that I can say is that in this prologue, the quick time events were a very nice easy break after the Bayonetta 1 ones.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

pick-e posted:

That voice acting of his though... yikes.

What exactly is your issue with the dialogue? The thing is Raiden, the character not the voice actor, is trying really, really hard to sound cool and doing a bad job of it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The thing you have to remember is that Raiden is basically what would happen if you took Leon from Resident Evil 4, turned him into a cyborg, and dropped him in a Hideo Kojima universe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Also he sounds like he has a speech impediment going forward because he does, he's missing his lower lip.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Grace posted:

see, a lot of the controls and actions Raiden can perform actually feel a lot like Bayonetta to me. It might be the fact that he's blading with all his limbs, but he has that sorta sleek and elegant way about slashing men into thousands of bits and vapors that just reminded me of Bayonetta the whole time.

One thing that I can say is that in this prologue, the quick time events were a very nice easy break after the Bayonetta 1 ones.

Having played all 3 of DMC, Bayonetta and MGR, I prefer MGR the most since Raiden kind of hits a balance of Dante's sheer ferocity (leading to overextending and getting hit HARD) and Bayo's more defense-focused play (wherein Witch Time turns everything into easy mode as long as you can maintain it). Not to mention the parry mechanic is hard to learn but satisfying as gently caress when mastered, enough that there's a difficulty setting based entirely around parrying. On Revengeance difficulty, you deal piddly damage and get one or two-shot by everything, but a perfect parry deals like 50% of a boss life bar.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[S-006: Platform Competence]
Let's Play Super Mario World Episode 1 - A Shameful Display

So hey I planned to edit the last two Ground Zeroes episodes yesterday and finish that before continuing side ops, but my kokoro was brokoro because of airplanes so I spent most of the day binge watching Archer and playing Civilization Beyond Earth.

As penance, here's an LP that might surpass Ghost Babel with regards to being a complete loving wreck. I hope y'all love Donut Plains 1.

I also updated the OP, which I haven't done since near the end of Peace Walker. Whomp.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I uh, I got stuck on Donut Plains 1 a whole lot as a kid too.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
Dan, why do you pronounce "Mario" wrong?

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Skrewtape posted:

Dan, why do you pronounce "Mario" wrong?

THANK YOU.

I have asked this since the day we started dating, he's never provided a good answer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh I'm not about to stand for this disrespect :colbert:

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.
our house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwL4MqTJok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IZrYh2ppEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chl4m-mW5pc

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
SMB3 has the powerup 'healthbar' where you only lose a stage upon hit -- unless you're playing the Japanese release, which reverts you all the way to small always.

They also backported the mechanic into rereleases, such as the GBA version of Mario World.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I don't normally check out the Side Ops, but I was bored so I watched the SMW one, and that was a fantastic decision. When Grace is crying out for Yoshi at the 25 minute mark I literally laughed so hard I farted. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

[S-006: Platform Competence]
Let's Play Super Mario World Episode 2 - Donut Plains 1

Grace recalls the story Mother Angelica told us for everyone. Also I get bit in this episode more than I usually do.

Hey you might notice a sudden cut around the five minute thirty seconds mark you guys should ask Grace about that

EDIT: also grace and I played mario party 2 it goes exactly how you expect

Danaru fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 6, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

And my diligence is instantly rewarded with a new episode! :worship:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dan sassing Grace is the best.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Air is lava! posted:

Dan sassing Grace is the best.

Nah, Grace drunkenly biting Dan.

The side ops are really turning the gay up a notch.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

NAT-T Ice posted:

Nah, Grace drunkenly biting Dan.

The side ops are really turning the gay up a notch.

still somehow less gay than substance despite the fact that we were literally on top of each other filming all those side ops

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Grace posted:

still somehow less gay than substance despite the fact that we were literally on top of each other filming all those side ops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk

:v:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
well there haven't been any pandas yet...

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Krysmphoenix posted:

well there haven't been any pandas yet...

raw unedited footage because dan couldn't be assed to install premier on my computer :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Grace posted:

raw unedited footage because dan couldn't be assed to install premier on my computer :v:

Danaru posted:

Also I get bit in this episode more than I usually do.

Hey you might notice a sudden cut around the five minute thirty seconds mark you guys should ask Grace about that

What horrible things are you doing to that poor man.