Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm coming. My name is Sun Watcher

My character is lvl 91 so if its outside your range then i suggest sending an friend invite so we can ignore the level restriction by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Iretep posted:

Right now i guess. I have a red sign down now with the password dongs in undead settlement bonfire. If you cant see the sign it probably means our level diffrence is too big.

Btw the Astora Greatsword is +6, is that alright. I don't want to gently caress up your level bracket

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Btw the Astora Greatsword is +6, is that alright. I don't want to gently caress up your level bracket

doesent matter. the char its for is at that point anyway.
oh and forgot to say that the chracter its for isnt the same one thats giving your weapons so dont bother to drop it yet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are you Magroth Ironbane? You look like a drat badass

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Aldrich spoiler I'm fine, this is fine

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Are you Magroth Ironbane? You look like a drat badass

yes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Iretep posted:

doesent matter. the char its for is at that point anyway.
oh and forgot to say that the chracter its for isnt the same one thats giving your weapons so dont bother to drop it yet.

👍

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ty. Let me know when/where you want the GS

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Ty. Let me know when/where you want the GS

same place as last time, ranya darkseeker or something this time.
Edit: thanks

Iretep fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 3, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Ixjuvin posted:

If anything hits heavier than the base game you're just going to be one-shotted

Well to be fair a lot of the attacks in this one are super quick for a buncha little damage, I'm thinking more stuff like the cathedral knights (maybe put some time between their combos heh)

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I feel like a goofball admitting this but picking up the hints about Aldritch's backstory (and his relationship to Horace, Anri, and Gwyndolin in particular) was the first time in ages I found myself emotionally invested in hating a video game character.

In a surprise twist, the cannibal poopmonster is a huge jerk.

Super true, honestly, I keep feeling like an idiot because caring about fictional poo poo, but yeah.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It has been a pleasure, Ranya Darkseeker.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Holy poo poo, Luck builds are fun, hilarious, and strong as hell. I chumped on three invaders with the twinblades without breaking a sweat, and Anri's just took a huge poo poo on the Abyss Watchers.

Also that fight is still the best in the game. It's so cool!

e: Oh noooo I chumped too soon, I forgot about Patches and Siegward!

As someone keen on doing a luck/bleed build what's your stat spread? Do you just go all in on Luck and rely on Anri's until you can Hollow gem something with bleed?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got poisoned in Farron Keep while invading, and after I won and returned, I was still poisoned. That's kind of weird.

quote:

As someone keen on doing a luck/bleed build what's your stat spread? Do you just go all in on Luck and rely on Anri's until you can Hollow gem something with bleed?

I cranked Vigor to 27, then enough points in str/dex to use whatever, then after that put endurance up to 100 stamina, then all luck from there. Raw infuse until you can Hollow it out. The twinblades build up bleed so fast it's crazy.

Also the higher level I invade the less cheaters I see. Just as many handhold phantoms though so it's still a wash.

e: The downside is there's literally nothing you can do about estoc poking.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 3, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Did I miss anything important in the last 1000+ posts?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Did I miss anything important in the last 1000+ posts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Oh I saw that, that's closer to 3-4k posts ago.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A hacker is traveling to people's homes and shooting them in the brain.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The deacons of the deep were a fun fight.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish not literally every weapon in the game could stunlock me.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish not literally every weapon in the game could stunlock me.

EnablePlayerPoise=0

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Oh I saw that, that's closer to 3-4k posts ago.

Oh, I'm sorry then, there is nothing to report.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Man I really hope From releases a patch soon that enables poise and fixes absorption. I mean, I'm going to play the game for the rest of my life anyways, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to be nicer

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Let's all go back to playing Scholar in protest until they add poise.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Also, can we take a moment for this massive foreshadowing?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I did it. Somehow I actually did it.

I loving platinumed Dark Souls III. :suicide:

My hard drive got fried and I don't start work for another two weeks so I literally had nothing better to do. Getting the rings honestly wasn't that bad but farming 30 ears for that loving miracle was a nightmare grind that I never want to contemplate again.

Wait wait wait.... there are miracles/spells that are locked behind PVP hand-ins?

My dreams of getting all the achievements..... :negative:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The deacons of the deep were a fun fight.

Dammit I don't see a red one :tinfoil:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HnK416 posted:

Man I really hope From releases a patch soon that enables poise and fixes absorption. I mean, I'm going to play the game for the rest of my life anyways, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to be nicer

:yeah:

Still, From haven't exactly been known to drastically change anything post-lauch. Maybe in a year or two we'll get Dark Souls III: Scholar of the Poise Boyz.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

How the hell are arrows magic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They arent real arrows.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so if you use a password can you even summon friends in as mad phantoms? It would be fantastic in setting up an Abyss Walkers gank squad

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Jerusalem posted:

Wait wait wait.... there are miracles/spells that are locked behind PVP hand-ins?

My dreams of getting all the achievements..... :negative:

30 swordgrass for wolf ring, 10 ears for darkmoon ring and another 20 for darkmoon blade. Aldritch has a sorcery for like 10 dregs but thats easy to farm.

It's really, really loving terrible and I don't recommend it to anyone. Again the only reason I bothered is because I don't have anything to do right now.

Edit: Almost forgot, Rosaria also has a ring for 10 pale tongues. Basically every covenant except way of blue and technically blue sentinels has something you have to grid for if you want 100%.

Internet Kraken posted:

How the hell are arrows magic

ALL his attacks are magic, at least the ones where he isn't physically whacking you. Vow of Silence is even better, it completely trivializes the fight.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 3, 2016

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

turtlecrunch posted:

Oh, I'm sorry then, there is nothing to report.

So my first run through the game was with my Trusty Greataxe and Greatsword (depending on whether I needed to kill one guy REALLY HARD, or a couple guys PRETTY hard), with my usual STR sword-and-board dude, but now on NG+ I'm trying to figure out some alternate builds that could be fun to PvP / PvE with without being TOO gimmicky. Currently, I've invested most into STR and VIT (for fashion souls), with END at 30 and I'm currently dropping points into DEX whenever I level up now.

One I'd I've had is to make a quality build around multi-hit combos, using Lloyd's Sword ring, Pontiff's right eye ring, and Carthus Beacon on a refined Ricard's Rapier. I could get some pretty obscene damage out of this, but I doubt anyone would stand still long enough in PvP for it to actually be effective. In this case, would it possible be worth exchanging a refined RR for a hollow RR? I don't really get how hollowing affects weapons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Invading's going good besides being an insanely tedious chore to actually get to the host in Farron Keep, but holy poo poo is that seriously 360 degree tracking on the zweihander? You cannot avoid it in the swamp it's brutal.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 3, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

:yeah:

Still, From haven't exactly been known to drastically change anything post-lauch. Maybe in a year or two we'll get Dark Souls III: Scholar of the Poise Boyz.

they've made bigger changes than just making poise better before. just look at the massive difference between the way magic was at launch and the way it was after the dlc in dark souls 2

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Yo that looked cool as gently caress. You always put out some of the best stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I only just now noticed that all those hollow corpses on the Lothric HighWall aren't impaled on stakes. They are turning into loving trees. I don't know how I missed details like this.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

they've made bigger changes than just making poise better before. just look at the massive difference between the way magic was at launch and the way it was after the dlc in dark souls 2

That was just number tuning though. They've done a bunch of that in both previous games, but the closest thing to changing a game mechanic was probably creating a weight limit for the Dark Wood Grain Ring unless there's something else I'm not remembering.

Enabling/disabling poise is huge and I just don't think they'll go "oh woops, let's turn that back on".

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Your Computer posted:

That was just number tuning though. They've done a bunch of that in both previous games, but the closest thing to changing a game mechanic was probably creating a weight limit for the Dark Wood Grain Ring unless there's something else I'm not remembering.

Enabling/disabling poise is huge and I just don't think they'll go "oh woops, let's turn that back on".

The invisible ring that outright prevented you from being targeted by lock-on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

30 swordgrass for wolf ring, 10 ears for darkmoon ring and another 20 for darkmoon blade. Aldritch has a sorcery for like 10 dregs but thats easy to farm.

It's really, really loving terrible and I don't recommend it to anyone. Again the only reason I bothered is because I don't have anything to do right now.

Edit: Almost forgot, Rosaria also has a ring for 10 pale tongues. Basically every covenant except way of blue and technically blue sentinels has something you have to grid for if you want 100%.

Shiiiit, yep that ends my dreams of a complete run then. I don't really enjoy PVP at all and certainly don't want to grind my way through a collectathon for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Shiiiit, yep that ends my dreams of a complete run then. I don't really enjoy PVP at all and certainly don't want to grind my way through a collectathon for it.

They can be farmed offline from certain enemies but the drop-rates are loving abysmal.