Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ekusukariba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cwWkGh1TCI its literally nothing but wacky hijinks

Goons using their imagination to see the thing they are creeped out by says a lot more about them than it does about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

You didn't like the incredibly long and tedious sex pervert minigames in Killer Is Dead? Your fedora is showing goon sire.

Man these controversies are really strange to remember in retrospect. People defended the hell out of that game and they didn't even like it that much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mycot posted:

Man these controversies are really strange to remember in retrospect. People defended the hell out of that game and they didn't even like it that much.

It's pretty much the same thing it always is. "If I criticize one thing then literally everything must be criticized ever and I lose."

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

You know for some reason i actually liked that dumb quiz in megaman legends 2, it was just a weird set of random questions that just had aboslutely nothing to do with anything. Was that a localization thing or were the questions in the japanese version just random funfacts as well?

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 2, 2016

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

It's really embarrassing how someone trots out weird arguments like this anytime someone even slightly criticizes some creepy anime bullshit in a video game. You didn't like this scene where a 50 year old man steals a child's panties? How very goony of you. You didn't like the incredibly long and tedious sex pervert minigames in Killer Is Dead? Your fedora is showing goon sire.

Yes, Killer Is Dead is a good example to bring up in a discussion on Mega Man Legends 2

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
QUESTION: Which is the best PSX era stage select theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZL6oZTomY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjNuVvLZUiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONo5MG-a8_k

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

WDIIA posted:

QUESTION: Which is the best PSX era stage select theme?

MM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0fk2bKIZU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

X6. X5 is listenable but boring, the latter half of X6's breaks up the monotony in a pretty fun way.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mycot posted:

All I remember is the really bad Matt Lees video.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Out of these three, I like X5 more. I remember playing a cracked copy of Capcom Vs SNK 2 alot where the music was changed, and they had X5 stage select for groove select, and X6 for the prematch vs. I think that's the only reason they stuck out the most for me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I liked the X4 Stage Select theme and the MM8 stage select theme the most.

Edit: The MMX5 stage confirmation theme is baller, though.

On a related note, which MMX game has the best 'Got a New Weapon' theme?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 2, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pureauthor posted:

On a related note, which MMX game has the best 'Got a New Weapon' theme?

X3 wins that easily.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mighty No. 9 is gold,
Release dates are June 21st in North America & Asia and June 24th Worldwide.

Portable versions are still MIATBA.

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

-e-
And the Kickstarter version:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1563763

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 2, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well it's about time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It even managed to precede Gunvolt 2 by a whole two months!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They're going gold and there's still some aspect of the whole shebang that's being delayed. Amazing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ChaosArgate posted:

They're going gold and there's still some aspect of the whole shebang that's being delayed. Amazing.

The handheld versions are being made by a different studio and they were always going to be troublesome, even before all the other bullshit transpired. They've been saying they'd come later for a while now, too.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 2, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It took long enough!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The handheld versions are being made by a different studio and they were always going to be troublesome, even before all the other bullshit transpired.

Yeah, I genuinely am not surprised by them being late. I'll honestly not be super-surprised if they don't develop at all.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The handheld versions are being made by a different studio and they were always going to be troublesome, even before all the other bullshit transpired.

The 3DS version is gonna be so bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

The 3DS version is gonna be so bad.

Maybe they can make it take advantage of the New 3DS or something? S'all I got.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe they'll DKC that poo poo and use pre-rendered graphics from the other versions.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
June is packed with games I want. Oh and Mighty's coming out then too? With so much time to polish it up, which platform will it run the best and worst on? Ignoring the handhelds for now.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I honestly can't tell if they really mean it this time since the game's been delayed so many drat times beyond the point where the joke stopped being funny

But on the other hand that release date is close to my birthday so between this and #FE it's looking like a good week to play video games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I honestly can't tell if they really mean it this time since the game's been delayed so many drat times beyond the point where the joke stopped being funny

But on the other hand that release date is close to my birthday so between this and #FE it's looking like a good week to play video games

I'm pretty sure they really do mean it this time, they're not dumb enough to delay the release date a third time after two hard dates.

They're releasing on the same day as No Man's Sky though but I guess that isn't too big a deal.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Going gold means they pass cert, it's for reals this time. Yeah games had release dates before *looks at Arkham Knight* but I don't recall them saying it went "gold". In fact not alot of companies really use that term these days (unless it's a really hyped up title that everyone wants) but I think with MN9 it was more of no seriously we mean it this time.

edit: It turns out Comcept did kinda use it before but, three times the charm right?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 2, 2016

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Until the game is on my computer or PS3's hard drive, I will refuse to believe it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No matter what anyone says about the Art Style. I will probably enjoy the game quite a bit. As I gennerally enjoy pretty much any Mega man like game. (I enjoyed X6 even though it did frustrate the hell out of me.)

I do hope it does well enough to get a sequel. And they proceed to show they realized what they did wrong last time and fix their mistakes. Improving stuff like the art style and stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It'll probably be better than Mega Man 8, but fall well short of the expectations the kickstarter set up.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

They're releasing on the same day as No Man's Sky though but I guess that isn't too big a deal.

Oh good, I won't even be tempted out of boredom to buy this. Preordered that poo poo so hard, sounds like I'll be busy upon release. Let me know if Mighty No.9 lives up to the hype, guys.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There isnt a port of legends for pc is there?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Uncle Wemus posted:

it exists

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Exists but really hard to find legally. Came out several years after Legends 2. 2001 I think?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh good, I won't even be tempted out of boredom to buy this. Preordered that poo poo so hard, sounds like I'll be busy upon release. Let me know if Mighty No.9 lives up to the hype, guys.

There is not too much hype. So pleasantly surprising is what I expect.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm the one person on earth that likes Mega Man 8.

But nearly all of my favorite video games are on the PSX.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Megaman 8 was a good game that isn't given the respect it deserves. It had a lot of fun customization options, great music, beautifully animated sprites, and a lot of personality. Its biggest drawback is its lack of difficulty, but it's meant to be a kid's game, not Dark Souls.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Star Man posted:

I'm the one person on earth that likes Mega Man 8.

But nearly all of my favorite video games are on the PSX.

My only issue with MM8 is "JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! JUMPDUCKDUCKSLIDE SLIDESLIDEJUSLIJU--!" (sound of Mega Man dying)

Love it otherwise.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Andrigaar posted:

My only issue with MM8 is "JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! JUMPDUCKDUCKSLIDE SLIDESLIDEJUSLIJU--!" (sound of Mega Man dying)

Love it otherwise.

I haven't been frustrated by either jet sled sections since 1998. I don't care for them, but I also don't have the vitriol for them that others do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I really liked those sections. The jet sled and the shmup sections in Tenguman's stage really freshened up the formula without becoming onerously gimmicky like the nonstandard sections in, say, MMX8.

gently caress Gigabolt Man-O-War's stage, by the way. Dynasty can eat a hot, steaming bowl of my rear end.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Huh, never noticed this page on MMHP.
http://www.mmhp.net/GameHints/GameCounter.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Motto posted:

Huh, never noticed this page on MMHP.
http://www.mmhp.net/GameHints/GameCounter.html

I like this page. It's missing Battle Network 5 Double Team DS, but that isn't missing much.