Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I had the bike up on the rack, I was trying to chase a small oil leak. After failing to fix the leak, I notice one of the pipes are Loose. Upon inspection the bolt broke, and it's easily an 1/8 of an inch into the block.

There is no way to get any bolt removing tool known to man into the space needed, I'm gonna have to pull the entire engine.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not even a small left-handed drill bitch?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

Not even a small left-handed drill bitch?

Well, there is no need to resort to name calling.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That bitch plus this rear end in a top hat:
http://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-90-angle-drill-attachment-69337.html

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Z3n posted:

Unless, of course, you own a BMW S1000XR and all that setting it up for a passenger involves is mashing a little button and riding the tiniest elevator as it changes the preload for you. If you do that, then I had no problem running as fast as you'd want to run on the street with a passenger.

Electronic preload is the tits. Even if you're just adjusting for luggage.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coydog posted:

Well, there is no need to resort to name calling.

lol. phone autocorrect + posting on the go, I guess. I'm leaving it as is.

bitch

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

My niece got permission from her dad to go on motorcycle.

She has fun for about 5 miles at a time and under 50mph.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I take my son on the elite, he stands on the floorboard between my legs and arms, and we cruise down the sidewalk at a jaunty 5mph and he laughs his head off the whole time. :3:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

malal posted:

I had the bike up on the rack, I was trying to chase a small oil leak. After failing to fix the leak, I notice one of the pipes are Loose. Upon inspection the bolt broke, and it's easily an 1/8 of an inch into the block.

It's funny; I did the exact same thing.

The bolt extractors have not worked for me at all. What do y'all think of welding a nut onto the sheared end of the bolt and trying to use that to loosen it? I can't think of anything else.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

My niece got permission from her dad to go on motorcycle.

She has fun for about 5 miles at a time and under 50mph.

That's adorable! :3:

I plan on taking my children eventually. I also plan on giving them more to wear than a helmet.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I take my son on the elite, he stands on the floorboard between my legs and arms, and we cruise down the sidewalk at a jaunty 5mph and he laughs his head off the whole time. :3:

Aww. :3:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

I plan on taking my children eventually. I also plan on giving them more to wear than a helmet.

My son always prefers two wheels to four. The other ones aren't old enough for more than parking-lot rides yet, but someday...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
My earliest biking memory is when i was three and my dad bringing home his new (to him - I'm the first and only member of my family to have owned any motor vehicle from new) CX500 and taking my mum and each of my siblings around the block on the pillion, leaving me sulking because I wasn't old enough. Then as soon as my mum went in he grabbed me, plonked me on the fuel tank, and ran me round the block too.

No gear of any kind, of course, but we weren't going any faster than a light jog because he knew all the gear in the world wouldn't protect him from what my mum would do to him if we got so much as a scratch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

My earliest biking memory is when i was three and my dad bringing home his new (to him - I'm the first and only member of my family to have owned any motor vehicle from new) CX500 and taking my mum and each of my siblings around the block on the pillion, leaving me sulking because I wasn't old enough. Then as soon as my mum went in he grabbed me, plonked me on the fuel tank, and ran me round the block too.

No gear of any kind, of course, but we weren't going any faster than a light jog because he knew all the gear in the world wouldn't protect him from what my mum would do to him if we got so much as a scratch.

The dude in my picture was hitting 40 in East San Jose, which is notorious for pretty inattentive drivers. :ohdear:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

That's adorable! :3:

Also if one of them throws up you can just leave him/her by the side of the motorway for a few days and the problem will sort itself out!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Also if one of them throws up you can just leave him/her by the side of the motorway for a few days and the problem will sort itself out!

I will buy them a helmet with a neck gaiter. :toxx:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Also if one of them starts spurting fluid out the front end it's no biggie just let them walk it off.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Are you sure it's the front? Maybe check the back end for leaks.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I still have a scar on my chin from my father taking me on a ride when I was very young - possibly an infant? He was supporting me with his left hand and apparently there was a dip or something coming up. He released me to deal with the road hazard and I split my chin open on the tank.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have a patch of grey hair where I hit the ground falling off of the garbage can as my mom wheeled it out to the road :(

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

I have a patch of grey hair where I hit the ground falling off of the garbage can as my mom wheeled it out to the road :(

At least the fall made her feel guilty enough to bring you back inside.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

PCOS Bill posted:

At least the fall made her feel guilty enough to bring you back inside.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So both of my motorcycle wheels have now been curbed, with big chunks (probably little scratches, but I was really mad when I was looking at them) taken out. They're holding air a few miles later so it's likely all cosmetic.

I had just changed lanes from one ramp to another when the guy behind me in the lane I had just changed into decided to pass me on me left in my lane despite me having passed him quite quickly while getting to the spot I changed lanes at, I went with an "Okay gently caress it I'm moving over to the gravel" to avoid getting hit he was so close (I think he actually tapped my elbow with his mirror) and apparently there's a ~4" drop from blacktop to gravel that I clunked the rims on moving over.

On the plus side, I didn't crash or get hit by an rear end in a top hat. On the downside they're scratches on the left side I'm going to see forever/until I do something about them.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
If you thought Craigslist was full of the biggest idiots, try selling something on a Facebook buy/sell group.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey I snagged my $100 Elite 250 with 90 original miles off Facebook. Although I might be the only buy/sell success story to come from there.

I feel your pain though, I'm a member of the SV650 group on FB, which is very active, and generally filled with idiots asking the same idiot questions over and over, although there are some knowledgeable people lurking it that show up from time to time.

The Versys group was worse though, imagine "what luggage should I buy" posted over and over and over on facebook forever. Time works the same way.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I find it hard to believe that there's somewhere worse to sell something than Craigslist. Atlanta has a set of "Professional Craiglisters" that call/text/email you every day about the most mundane poo poo and yet they never, ever show up to look at it. Not to mention the serial-text-and-email shitposters that send you a "wud u take [half the amount you posted the ad for]" every day in hopes that, gosh darn it, you'll hand-deliver the goods to their door for half the price. Oh, and every single person on CL is a hard-working American that is in a tight spot and works for various charities, etc. etc. so you just gotta cut them a deal. poo poo, when I sold my CB750 the guy rode it for like 50 miles then called me 2 hours later to tell me he wanted to sell it back, and was pretty adamant about it.

The guy who sold me the Monster told me that it took him literal months on CL before someone showed up that actually understood what a motorcycle is, let alone the pitfalls of Italian air-cooled bike ownership. I shudder to think of what the process will be like when I try to sell the Monster, eventually. :ohdear:

Outside of dumb questions, what could possibly be worse about Facebook? Is it the ubiquitous "WILL TRADE GUN 4 BIKE" thing amped up to 11? How many assault rifles were you offered?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

This is why I think you should never sell bikes. Just use them up.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

If you thought Craigslist was full of the biggest idiots, try selling something on a Facebook buy/sell group.

Well at least on the facebook groups you can get and idea of the idiot trying to low-ball you before you text and/or meet them. Harder to do that with Craigslist.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Ripoff posted:

Craigslist Rant

Holy poo poo - yes.

I was trying to sell a bicycle rack for $5 on craigslist. My idea was that this is a way to buy me a hamburger or a beer, and someone gets a cheap bike rack for scootin' around town. Win-Win situation, right?

People were so angry that I wouldn't drive 30 miles to deliver this bike rack to them. I'm selling this loving thing for $5. I'm not burning 2 gallons of gas + time to hand deliver this piece of poo poo to you out in the suburbs. Another person wanted to pick it up at 2am at my house after they got off work.

No way.

I ended up leaving it outside for someone so they could pick it up at their convenience. They dropped the $5 in my mailbox and it finally worked out after 3 weeks of dealing with this bullshit.

I am terrified to sell my motorcycle on craigslist.

Edit - forgot to mention that they paid me the $5 in four $1 bills and four quarters. gently caress craigslist.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Ripoff posted:

Outside of dumb questions, what could possibly be worse about Facebook? Is it the ubiquitous "WILL TRADE GUN 4 BIKE" thing amped up to 11? How many assault rifles were you offered?

I have a car posted on a couple of them but I'm kind of fly on the wall.

People selling used makeup, half a bag of cat food, lots of obviously stolen stuff. I watched this happen when a car got posted:

"how much"
"$1600"
"I'm in college"

So is he asking for a break on the price or what?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Fishvilla posted:

Edit - forgot to mention that they paid me the $5 in four $1 bills and four quarters. gently caress craigslist.

Did you sell it to a pimp, hooker, or a 12 year old with a clandestine paper route?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KARMA! posted:

Did you sell it to a pimp, hooker, or a 12 year old with a clandestine paper route?

What kind of hookers are you associating with that deal in quarters?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The key to Craigslist is being very clear with what you have and your expectations and then just don't play any games. The last time I sold a phone on there I basically said:

iPhone 4 black
Good condition
100 dollars

The store will only give me 60 but the phone is worth 100-120, so buy it from me instead of the store. 100 firm. No trades. Don't message me lowballs, don't ask if I want something else. If you want the phone, here is what you do: email me and say "I want the phone I have 100 dollars, where can we meet"?

It filters out the nonsense and I got a guy that said "I want it if it works on verizon" to which I told him that it does, and we met at target. Done.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
This is usually my experience with Craigslist but I'm also kind of half trying to trade the car away to some old Harley dude who can't ride it anymore but still wants something stupid, loud, and American.

If i'm looking for something I take your approach but I post a want ad.

I got my last bike from a guy who responded to:

"Wanted to buy: 2008 or newer Buell Ulysses."

with

"$5000 no less"

saw the bike, brought cash over, brought it home.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Worst experience I ever had on craigslist was when I gave away two poo poo bikes for free. I specifically said first come first serve no I will not hold it for anyone I just want them gone with no hassle. Every single person who contacted me wanted me to hold them and wanted to drive from 4 hours away to get them. Ruined two days of my life dealing with that poo poo.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I should list my 240sx just to see what happens.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

You're all making me nervous about listing my Ninjette. I'd sell it here if it wasn't in terrible shape.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fifty Three posted:

You're all making me nervous about listing my Ninjette. I'd sell it here if it wasn't in terrible shape.

:ninja:

.......hey buddy. I don't suppose you live in..... California?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Fifty Three posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of CA folks ready to make a terrible decision to your advantage

Edit: There it is

Chichevache posted:

:ninja:

.......hey buddy. I don't suppose you live in..... California?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hah, sorry. Pittsburgh. Bit of a hike.