Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I for one want Orpo to do it, if only because then SSS would become more appropriate SOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
A whole lot of season Kok actives really hate Stubb, so no wonder they're trying to get him kicked out now.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herman Merman posted:

No, you dumbo. The big thing is that she, as a minister, 1) tried to keep her connection to a perfectly legal offshore company a secret from the public for some strange reason, and 2) is dumb enough to lie about it in the parliament, and accuse other people of lying, one of the few things that can get a minister sacked.
To you, it's a massive lie designed to hide her connection to an offshore company. To people that matter, it was a response to a misleading argument that turned out to be technically true. Oh well.

quote:

What makes you think this? Do you e.g. need to convince yourself that nobody else here can know any basic facts about our society, in order to maintain a stiff upper lip in the face of nobody agreeing with you?
Well it doesn't seem like you know anything about company boards based on your posts about them...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mulli posted:

Do you really want to see a more competent Kokoomus?

I didn't really think about it like that...I really, really want to see Stubb to crash and burn though so I'm conflicted.

Nenonen posted:

I for one want Orpo to do it, if only because then SSS would become more appropriate SOS.

This would also be pretty great

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

I didn't really think about it like that...I really, really want to see Stubb to crash and burn though so I'm conflicted.

Ehhh... he has a cushy job lined up as a EU-something or as a board member in several corporations (who, as we know, don't have to know anything about the company), so it's not like he would lose anything.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

Ehhh... he has a cushy job lined up as a EU-something or as a board member in several corporations (who, as we know, don't have to know anything about the company), so it's not like he would lose anything.

Sure but he will have that anyway. At least this way we'd get a nice capstone for his continuing political and public humiliation. His own party metaphorically throwing coke on his face.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

DarkCrawler posted:

Sure but he will have that anyway. At least this way we'd get a nice capstone for his continuing political and public humiliation. His own party metaphorically throwing coke on his face.

Get high up enough in society, and the only thing that you can actually lose is face.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kemper Boyd posted:

Get high up enough in society, and the only thing that you can actually lose is face.

You can actually lose a lot if you are a "private party" (of course Nalle-level guys are exempt) but if you have been a high level politician, yup. "Oh no, I got fired from my public office, nobody will vote for me, I'll just have whatever EU offers me instead lol and the salary will be even better".

I know guys from the private sector (not in Finland though) who have ruined their business for being politically incorrect, but that doesn't happen to a stubb or his friends.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What kind of low level rear end in a top hat has all their wealth tied up in their own business?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmU2HopAa8

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Työmiäs

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Happy May Day, ligurs of the world.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Happy May Day, ligurs of the world.

Thanks, we're rockin' and a... something.

Just imagine something that rhymes with that, thread readers.

Anyway good May Day all of youse.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Champale and Alderman for all.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
only Sunday when I am this drunk

except for some of the other ones

happy kill the rich day

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Älkää pojat menkö jenkkien säikeisiin

Niissä tapahtuu pahoja asioita

:(

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

Älkää pojat menkö jenkkien säikeisiin

Niissä tapahtuu pahoja asioita

:(

What, did someone? :(

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sain uuden, "hienon" avataaran vaivoistani

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: if you are afraid to post somewhere.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

Sain uuden, "hienon" avataaran vaivoistani

Arvaus: ettet vain joutunut tilanteeseen jossa sanottiin, että olet hitlerrasisti, tai mikä pahmepaa, oikeistolainen? Tai ehkä et ole havainnut kuinka the literature explaining racial power structures blrrbllh.

En voi tarkistaa ja toivottavasti olen väärässä, nuo otti pois minun search -funktion koska olen pahis.

edit: voi jeesus mm. oot-roturealisti-ketjua sekä venezulean vastaavaa, miksi menin lukemaan, ensimmäinen on joku vitsi siitä miten sosiaalisten oikeistaistelujoiden ajatustenjuoksu voi syödä aivot, seuraavassa kerrotaan kuinka on ruoka ja muutkin asiat loppu - täysin sama juttu josta postasin jokunen vuosi sitten ja toki postaus ja postaaja lytättiin oikeistolaisena työläisten vihollisena joka puhuu paskaa, ei tiedä mistään mitään, ja jolla ei ole todisteita, sillä oikeasti siellä menee "tosi hyvin" koska kommunismi jne... tulee mieleen pari muutakin keskustelua

Ligur fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 1, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

Arvaus: ettet vain joutunut tilanteeseen jossa sanottiin, että olet hitlerrasisti, tai mikä pahmepaa, oikeistolainen? Tai ehkä et ole havainnut kuinka the literature explaining racial power structures blrrbllh.

En voi tarkistaa ja toivottavasti olen väärässä, nuo otti pois minun search -funktion koska olen pahis.

Valitettavasti kyse ei ole mistään näin jännästä, mitä olen nähnyt kyse on jonkun kaulaparran vihasta jenkkipolitiikkaketjun osallistujia kohtaan koska joku puhui rumasti jenkki-korkeinoikeus-ketjussa. Olen collateral damage.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

Valitettavasti kyse ei ole mistään näin jännästä, mitä olen nähnyt kyse on jonkun kaulaparran vihasta jenkkipolitiikkaketjun osallistujia kohtaan koska joku puhui rumasti jenkki-korkeinoikeus-ketjussa. Olen collateral damage.

Hyvä, pääasia on ettei kukaan puhu missään ketjussa väärin mistään mistä kaulaparta ei pidä.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

I know guys from the private sector (not in Finland though) who have ruined their business for being politically incorrect,

Lol, do tell

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

Lol, do tell

Gavin McInnes comes to mind as for losing his then business, space man Matt Taylor was under severe attack for having the wrong t-shirt and faced fierce backlash (though was just shattered, and probably still holds a job), Robert Klein Engler was fired though not an enterpreneur of course, Ray Honeyford is a classical example of a person who lost his job for angering justice warriors, Sir Tim Hunt was forced to retire, and so on and so on.
But weren't you the guy who posted this:

Herman Merman posted:

Hmm, maybe it's just me but it seems that when a refugee spouts out a known made-up story verbatim it'd be easier to deny his applicaition, not harder?
Or just fire up google street view and ask some new questions they don't have answers to.

As if the asylum seekers are some kind of retards. Of course they are not, why would they "spout" a made-up story verbatim when the results are not that awesome? For example Belgium and Netherlands simply froze accepting asylum seekers from certain areas for said reason.

The word carries out, and you can be sure, those guys are as much online as you or me. Perhaps this is why the term "iPhone-miehet"...

Ligur fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 1, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

As if the asylum seekers are some kind of retards. Of course they are not, why would they "spout" a made-up story verbatim when the results are not that awesome? For example Belgium and Netherlands simply froze accepting asylum seekers from certain areas for said reason.

The word carries out, and you can be sure, those guys are as much online as you or me. Perhaps this is why the term "iPhone-miehet"...

...Temporarily. And that article is just proof that they do catch the liars, and in detail enough to pinpoint the made up story on a city basis, haha! You got some unique special ability in making other people's point for them with the stuff you post.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Breaking news! People just don't want to do manual labor for a pittance like in the good old 50's! loving computer nerds making billions on anger birds instead of digging ditches, they have no character I tell you, no character!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

...Temporarily. And that article is just proof that they do catch the liars, and in detail enough to pinpoint the made up story on a city basis, haha! You got some unique special ability in making other people's point for them with the stuff you post.

That is not at all what was the case, said countries froze residence permits from people who said they were from certain area: nobody was able to tell who is lying and the officials certainly could not "pinpoint" anything due to their own efforts. They just noticed suspiciously many people claiming to be from place X had a similar stereotypish story. Asylum seekers are not making the same mistake in Finland these days.

But give it a rest ok? Your intense need to disagree with me pretty much makes it too difficult for you to understand the context let alone meaning of practically anything I type. You'll just read what ever you want, freak out, poo poo on the table and proclaim victory. Pulushakkia. Just ignore my posts if I'm not asking you something, do everyone a favour.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 2, 2016

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Darkest Auer posted:

Breaking news! People just don't want to do manual labor for a pittance like in the good old 50's! loving computer nerds making billions on anger birds instead of digging ditches, they have no character I tell you, no character!
I guess it would help if hard work actually would get you somewhere. Let's use something like a cleaner, since it's closest we've got to a minimum wage job since no such thing exists officially. Even if you were working two jobs, 16h days 6 days a week you'd still make less than someone in IT.

And lol if you think someone will give you even 30h/week regularly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you're poor, it's literally more likely to become not-so poor by playing Lotto than any other legal means in Finland.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

That is not at all what was the case, said countries froze residence permits from people who said they were from certain area: nobody was able to tell who is lying and the officials certainly could not "pinpoint" anything due to their own efforts. They just noticed suspiciously many people claiming to be from place X had a similar stereotypish story. Asylum seekers are not making the same mistake in Finland these days.

Actually they were able to tell people were lying. It says it right there. The procedure they put asylum seekers through discovered too many similarities in stories and stopped accepting asylums from people from that region until they could get more details. That's how investigation is supposed to work. Just like in criminal investigation, people who aren't actually guilty might still be suspected and even arrested, in this case they have to wait longer for their asylum to be processed and face increased scrutiny.

You don't get to claim the system is bad when the system is working as intended.

Until you have actual proof of widespread fraud in the stories of Iraqis who actually follow the asylum process, you don't get to say that this is happening. If you look at the actual statistics, some Iraqis get asylum, some not. They don't randomly choose the people who get through. A Shia from Baghdad is going to have a lot harder time claiming asylum then a Sunni from Mosul. Iraqis aren't some clones.

Ligur posted:

But give it a rest ok? Your intense need to disagree with me pretty much makes it too difficult for you to understand the context let alone meaning of practically anything I type. You'll just read what ever you want, freak out, poo poo on the table and proclaim victory. Pulushakkia. Just ignore my posts if I'm not asking you something, do everyone a favour.

Why don't you find a safe space where they let you make up things or just shut up? If you keep lobbing such soft balls don't whine when people hit them. If you're incapable of backing up what you say with something real, people don't just have to take you at your word. I'm surprised that this still is such a mystery to you.

And I get that you have a pathological persecution complex but look a few pages back and check again if you are the only one whose retarded lies get questioned

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 2, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

You don't get to claim the system is bad when the system is working as intended.

Even though they were not able to certainly determine who makes stuff up and who doesn't (considering they introduced a banket ban on everyone from place X) the system certainly worked ok in my books. I never said Belgian system bad, you made that up, I'm just using that as a proof that abusing the system is common in EU.

quote:

Until you have actual proof of widespread fraud in the stories of Iraqis who actually follow the asylum process, you don't get to say that this is happening. If you look at the actual statistics, some Iraqis get asylum, some not. They don't randomly choose the people who get through.

Cases like above should offer some proof of "widespread fraud" though. As does the fact so many Iraqis leave either own their own volition, or are Dublin cases (when someone follows the protocol). It appears this year roughly 1/3 of Iraqis have received residence permit, 1/3 did not receive, and 1/3 were never not processed at all. Remember, all of these arrived to Finland on the premise they face certain death and torture or some other personal caust which caused them to flee Sweden, and that they had not been registered anywhere else. If, and if we trust Migri officials only 1/3 really did so. The number might be more, it might be less, we can't know, but if this is not proof of widespread fraud, or misuse or abuse of the system, pick your word, then nothing is.

quote:

Why don't you find a safe space where they let you make up things or just shut up? If you keep lobbing such soft balls don't whine when people hit them. If you're incapable of backing up what you say with something real, people don't just have to take you at your word. I'm surprised that this still is such a mystery to you.

And I get that you have a pathological persecution complex but look a few pages back and check again if you are the only one whose retarded lies get questioned

Sigh. Did I not backup what I said with something real? I'm not even sure if you are just trying to be "provocative" and "edgy" or if you really think I'm one of the people on the internet and the campus who needs safe spaces. You are probably aware in your heart of hearts that I don't really give a poo poo if people try to insult me or unleash smug ad hominen attacks (I would be an unlikely canditate to post on a forum like DnD if I was), I just don't find it likely that people want to explicitly read more of your personal rants about me ITT, any more than my responses to them, I never said that I'm the only poster who gets yelled at. You also mistake "lies" with "reading comprehension" and "interpretation", from my POV you are the one who is lying in this case. I just don't freak out and have no pressing need to call you names either way.

This is just so futile, let's stop. There will never be a way to make you understand what I'm typing or where I'm coming from (apart from everything I type: lie). I'm fine with that. Send me a PM or something if your personal issues with me need to be processed further. Mine are disabled right now tho, but you can write about my devious lies, pathological persecution complexes and other things in advance, and I can give you a shout if they are enabled again at some point.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Even though they were not able to certainly determine who makes stuff up and who doesn't (considering they introduced a banket ban on everyone from place X) the system certainly worked ok in my books. I never said Belgian system bad, you made that up, I'm just using that as a proof that abusing the system is common in EU.

It's not proof that "abusing the system is common in the EU", that is again something that you have not proven in any way.

They introduced the blanket ban because they needed to recieve more information to determine who makes stuff up and who doesn't. They didn't blanket throw all of their applications out. What else would you want them to do?

quote:

Cases like above should offer some proof of "widespread fraud" though. As does the fact so many Iraqis leave either own their own volition, or are Dublin cases (when someone follows the protocol). It appears this year roughly 1/3 of Iraqis have received residence permit, 1/3 did not receive, and 1/3 were never not processed at all. Remember, all of these arrived to Finland on the premise they face certain death and torture or some other personal caust which caused them to flee Sweden, and that they had not been registered anywhere else. If, and if we trust Migri officials only 1/3 really did so. The number might be more, it might be less, we can't know, but if this is not proof of widespread fraud, or misuse or abuse of the system, pick your word, then nothing is.

If your problem is that people who don't even attempt to utilize the system leave of their own volition then I don't know what to tell you. I would think that is a positive thing for anyone. Also, like every news article on the issue mentions, the primary reasons for leaving are the tightened family unification rules or some other thing befalling relatives in Iraq.
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2015122220867429_uu.shtml
http://veikkohuuska.puheenvuoro.uusisuomi.fi/208599-yllattavan-moni-turvapaikanhakija-on-perunut-hakemuksensa

I'm not speculating on any concrete numbers because there are no hard ones (see how easy this is?) but they might have had cause for asylum (since most Iraqis who do apply do get it - fact) but didn't want to abandon their family. In fact it's pretty logical to assume if you want to cheat the system and stay you at the least bother to try to cheat the system. Why not stay in Finland for a few more months? It's not like we throw you in a jail for it. These people bought their way in and out and would have left faster if not for our bureaucracy making that another slow process, so I really don't see the issue either way.

Likewise, Dublin claimants being effortlessly caught before the process is even started seems to point towards the system working.

Of the actually addressed cases in the system, last year Iraqis received 85% positive answers, 61% thus far in this year. 73% total thus far. So no, the fraud (not claiming asylum at all and buying your own plane ticket home doesn't count as fraud) isn't widespread unless we have a different understanding of that word.

And EU-wide as said, over half of the claimants are Syrians alone.

quote:

Sigh. Did I not backup what I said with something real? I'm not even sure if you are just trying to be "provocative" and "edgy" or if you really think I'm one of the people on the internet and the campus who needs safe spaces. You are probably aware in your heart of hearts that I don't really give a poo poo if people try to insult me or unleash smug ad hominen attacks (I would be an unlikely canditate to post on a forum like DnD if I was), I just don't find it likely that people want to explicitly read more of your personal rants about me ITT, any more than my responses to them, I never said that I'm the only poster who gets yelled at. You also mistake "lies" with "reading comprehension" and "interpretation", from my POV you are the one who is lying in this case. I just don't freak out and have no pressing need to call you names either way.

Yeah, that is just more whining. You don't get to claim things that are not happening are happening. Or gently caress if you are ignorant enough that you don't know the real facts involved you still don't get to whine when you get corrected.

quote:

This is just so futile, let's stop. There will never be a way to make you understand what I'm typing or where I'm coming from (apart from everything I type: lie). I'm fine with that. Send me a PM or something if your personal issues with me need to be processed further. Mine are disabled right now tho, but you can write about my devious lies, pathological persecution complexes and other things in advance, and I can give you a shout if they are enabled again at some point.

I'm not challenging anything else here but your failure to critically read stuff others or you yourself post and false claims (pick your reason either way doesn't change the actual numbers), it's you who always turns these posts about me bullying you or whatever.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 2, 2016

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Ligur posted:

You also mistake "lies" with "reading comprehension" and "interpretation", from my POV you are the one who is lying in this case. I just don't freak out and have no pressing need to call you names either way.

basically this. it's pretty funny that you pretend to be the shining light of reason who has to deal with the heavy burden of educating idiots when in reality most of your arguments are just assumptions and interpretations you project through your worldview, just like about any poster in this thread, and expect people to come to the same conclusions. claiming your opinions are facts and dissenting opinions are lies and hounding like a rabid dog does not make your opinions any more true or relevant. so what i'm saying is that it's literally a FACT that you're a sack full of poo poo, just like me

also since you loving love international treaties and nitpicking, i'm sure you're aware that you are violating the 1st, 5th, 12th and 19th article of the universal declaration of human rights for verbally assaulting (people you deem as) ligur(s) :qq:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 2, 2016

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nauta posted:

basically this. it's pretty funny that you pretend to be the shining light of reason who has to deal with the heavy burden of educating idiots when in reality most of your arguments are just assumptions and interpretations you project through your worldview, just like about any poster in this thread, and expect people to come to the same conclusions. claiming your opinions are facts and dissenting opinions are lies and hounding like a rabid dog does not make your opinions any more true or relevant. so what i'm saying is that it's literally a FACT that you're a sack full of poo poo, just like me

Nice, I like it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nauta posted:

basically this. it's pretty funny that you pretend to be the shining light of reason who has to deal with the heavy burden of educating idiots when in reality most of your arguments are just assumptions and interpretations you project through your worldview, just like about any poster in this thread, and expect people to come to the same conclusions. claiming your opinions are facts and dissenting opinions are lies and hounding like a rabid dog does not make your opinions any more true or relevant. so what i'm saying is that you're a sack full of poo poo, just like me

Except that I never attack anyone's opinions. You are the people who constantly and consistently whine about people using the same tactics on you that you use as well. I only take issue when you bring that up.

I attack your lack of facts or misrepresentations of them. Like I have said repeatedly, you are more then welcome to believe that we shouldn't accept asylum seekers. However, you don't get to say that the asylum system is easy to cheat or that someone can pretend to be a Syrian without an effort or that most asylum seekers in Europe are economic migrants because none of those things are true.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Except that I never attack anyone's opinions. You are the people who constantly and consistently whine about people using the same tactics on you that you use as well. I only take issue when you bring that up.

this is a lie

quote:

However, you don't get to say that the asylum system is easy to cheat or that someone can pretend to be a Syrian without an effort or that most asylum seekers in Europe are economic migrants because none of those things are true.

you have no hard facts to back up this claim, or if you have, you haven't presented them.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nauta posted:

this is a lie

Saying that doesn't make it true. At no point have I attempted to say someone's opinion is factually wrong or rant about others legitimately addressing my posts. Neither concept even makes any sense.

Nauta posted:

you have no hard facts to back up this claim, or if you have, you haven't presented them.

I have, to you directly as well in few cases. You not even acknowledging them doesn't mean that is not true either. Do you want me to quote them back to you so you may pick up where you left off and attempt to respond this time? See there is another difference, I don't ignore the stuff you post only to return to rag you out of nowhere and pretend I've never even heard about what you wrote.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 2, 2016

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1462159535160?ref=hs-fprio-4-1

"Suomen valtion pitäisi siirtyä virtuaalivaluuttaan – siinä säästyisi miljardeja"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

vuohi posted:

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1462159535160?ref=hs-fprio-4-1

"Suomen valtion pitäisi siirtyä virtuaalivaluuttaan – siinä säästyisi miljardeja"

I tried to type up a post to describe how incredibly retarded this is, but in the end I think the best response is "lol"