Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
PS. The cow died on the way back to his home planet

edit: a shameful snyep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
talk about moovin' on up

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

It really needs dead man's switches on both foot rests and handle bars and also rotors that cut off immediately when one of those switches is disengaged.

But like he said, they had to cut unnecessary weight.

If they added safety features, he wouldn't be able to wear his tie as he bounced onto the rotors.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Probably not OSHA since it isn't at work, but I found this in my apartment bathroom last night. Left an emergency maintenance message for my landlord as soon as I found it, and cut off the power at the breakers. Wanted to warn my neighbors but didn't want to get shot as I live in a poor area and it was 2 am. Tried calling the office today(they never answer, or even are there unless its rent paying day), went up there, door was locked but I was holding the rent check in my hand so the lady magically appeared out of nowhere to let me in. She said their voicemail wasn't working and only acted like I was a burden when I explained the ongoing fire hazard. So far they haven't done poo poo to fix anything today and I'm staying at a friends.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That is by far the most anatomically correct boob lamp I’ve ever seen.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Probably not OSHA since it isn't at work, but I found this in my apartment bathroom last night. Left an emergency maintenance message for my landlord as soon as I found it, and cut off the power at the breakers. Wanted to warn my neighbors but didn't want to get shot as I live in a poor area and it was 2 am. Tried calling the office today(they never answer, or even are there unless its rent paying day), went up there, door was locked but I was holding the rent check in my hand so the lady magically appeared out of nowhere to let me in. She said their voicemail wasn't working and only acted like I was a burden when I explained the ongoing fire hazard. So far they haven't done poo poo to fix anything today and I'm staying at a friends.

I'd never have imagined that ceiling boobs could lactate.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I briefly considered suckling it but I've already endured my threshold of electric shocks for the year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I briefly considered suckling it but I've already endured my threshold of electric shocks for the year.

you'll be fine as long as youre jumping and not touching the ground

or is it the other way around

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Next time if there's some nasty screw-up that's not fixed in a reasonable period of time, you may be able to hold your rent in escrow with your local court until they fix the problem, especially if it's a serious safety issue you've documented. Check your state/municipality's applicable laws on this. (I would only do that as a last resort as it's a very provocative move. I'd only pull that if you're not planning on staying there in the long run.)

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I thought about it, but I just wound up paying the rent. I'd assumed since it was a fire hazard they'd get on top of it, but last time I called the office for an update she said they were dealing with a broken A/C right now, so apparently it's not that high on their priority list right now.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I thought about it, but I just wound up paying the rent. I'd assumed since it was a fire hazard they'd get on top of it, but last time I called the office for an update she said they were dealing with a broken A/C right now, so apparently it's not that high on their priority list right now.

Hmm sounds like a good reason to do what that other poster said!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

Hmm sounds like a good reason to do what that other poster said!

it's true, but like I said I already gave them the rent. It was a money order so I can't cancel it. And I'm hoping even worse case, it's definitely fixed by next month.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

http://i.imgur.com/vqRorVp.gifv

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 3, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

it's true, but like I said I already gave them the rent. It was a money order so I can't cancel it. And I'm hoping even worse case, it's definitely fixed by next month.
lol yea I feel ya. Here's to hoping you don't have a lactating lamp for a month

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

It's a bitch attitude like that that's going to keep that titty weeping all month.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Three-Phase posted:

Next time if there's some nasty screw-up that's not fixed in a reasonable period of time, you may be able to hold your rent in escrow with your local court until they fix the problem, especially if it's a serious safety issue you've documented. Check your state/municipality's applicable laws on this. (I would only do that as a last resort as it's a very provocative move. I'd only pull that if you're not planning on staying there in the long run.)

That varies a lot by jurisdiction. In my state you have to have 2 years residence, 90 days non compliance and there's an annual limit that isn't a month's rent for anything but the shadiest country hovel.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Your lamp may have a hormonal issue. I’m referring you to an endocrinologist.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Protip: "definitely fixed by next month" isn't your worst case; it's your best case. Your worst case is that it's not fixed, and on top of that, something catches fire.

You can goon in a well about it, or you can start making phone calls and consulting your city office.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Depending on the terms of your lease and local ordinance you may be able to break the contract. I would check the lease and quote any provision allowing you to break the lease if they don't maintain livable conditions.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And you thought your harbor freight death wheel was :black101:

:stonk:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

H110Hawk posted:

Actual radial arm saws with guards and clamps, and proper handles are bad enough, that thing is just waiting for blood!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh my god, what the Christ, I mean.. it's not even saf... why would you do... it hurts
Like you can get the good ole standard craftsman RAS for about $200 on craigslist and keep all your body parts. I guess to some body parts are worth less than that.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

H110Hawk posted:

I had a BRAND NEW HF mitre saw break the lock pin and spring, and come on when I plugged it in. The fucker did a full backflip and came right for my throat.

I'll gladly take my chances with that thing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fyodor posted:

Growing up my mom was an x-ray tech and this was pretty standard stuff. She'd frequently find herself in the position of calming down an incredibly ashamed grown man saying "oh this happens all the time it's no big deal."

:(
I'm pretty sure that every year near Christmas Gawker posts a "What did we get stuck up our asses this year?" compilation and as much as I hate Gawker it's pro-click stuff.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

I'm pretty sure that every year near Christmas Gawker posts a "What did we get stuck up our asses this year?" compilation and as much as I hate Gawker it's pro-click stuff.
Found a sampling from one year...

Penis

HALF A PENCIL
PENCIL ERASER
PEN CAP
PEN
MARBLE
COAT HANGER
“PUT A PLASTIC STRAW IN HIS PENIS WHILE HE WAS HIGH ON CRYSTAL METH”
PLASTIC TUBING
SCREWDRIVER
MAGNETS

Vagina

MAKEUP BRUSH
FOLDED UP PAPER CUP AND STICKERS
CELL PHONE
HUSBAND’S PENIS RING
PERFUME BOTTLE
TWO TAMPONS
TOY PLASTIC SPOON
MAKEUP SPONGE
GOLF BALL—“WANTED TO DO PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES”
A JINGLE BELL
PIECE OF PLASTIC REINDEER
WET WASHCLOTH
EARRINGS
VIAL OF FENTANYL
TOY TEAPOT
SNORKEL

Rectum

“THINKS HE HAS TOOTHBRUSH CASE IN RECTUM, DOESN’T KNOW HOW B/C HE WAS DRUNK”
TOY BABY BOTTLE
GLASS BOTTLE
“THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS AFTER HIM SO HE PUT PLASTIC BAG/PILL BOTTLES UP RECTUM”
“CRAYONS AND COINS”
DICE
HANDLE OF TOILET PLUNGER
TOILET BRUSH
“7 YEAR OLD MALE WATCHING A VIDEO INVOLVING ALIENS RECTAL PROBING PEOPLE AT HOME, DECIDED TO TRY IT, PUT PLASTIC TOY SCREW IN RECTUM”
SALT SHAKER
SMALL TOY
LARGE TOY
PLASTIC “SQUINKY” TOY
“CONSTIPATION—DILDO STUCK IN RECTUM”
SCREWDRIVER
WATER GUN
BATHTUB DRAIN PLUG
BOBBY PIN
LARGE ELASTIC STRING
“ENTERTAINING GUESTS BY INSERTING THE WOODEN LEG OF A CHAIR INTO HIS RECTUM”
MARKER IN A GLOVE
“HAS 2 GOLF BALLS UP RECTUM AND WANTS TO HAVE REMOVED”
FLASHLIGHT AEROSOL CAN
SHAMPOO BOTTLE
CAN OF HAIR MOUSSE
HOMEMADE DILDO
TOY SHARK
“WAS AT A ‘FISTING PARTY’ AND HAS A SPIKEY RUBBER BALL THAT LIGHTS UP STUCK IN RECTUM.”
EGG

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shoving an egg up your rear end and getting it back out without breaking it should be an olympic sport

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Shoving an egg up your rear end and getting it back out without breaking it should be an olympic sport
I'm worried about the child who does his own rectal probes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

EugeneJ posted:

No it shouldn't.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EugeneJ posted:

Hard boiled or raw? This is an important piece of information.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

Hard boiled or raw? This is an important piece of information.

raw

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Okay but shell or no shell.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

Okay but shell or no shell.
What kind of egg? Farm egg? Ostrich egg?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Crazy Ted posted:

What kind of egg? Farm egg? Ostrich egg?

Elephant Bird

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Glossing back over that list, I've very intrigued by: “ENTERTAINING GUESTS BY INSERTING THE WOODEN LEG OF A CHAIR INTO HIS RECTUM”

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/national/toilets+light+federal+workers+will+issued+with+headlamps/11891762/story.html

quote:

The arrangements will affect 15 military and civilian staff working their regular shifts at a communications centre at National Defence headquarters over the May long weekend. The building will be without electricity as part of regular maintenance.

Generators will be used to temporarily power the communications systems, which is used to keep in touch with overseas military missions.

The workers will be issued with headlamps and batteries so they can find their way around the darkened building. A floodlight will be used to illuminate one area of the communications centre.

“Without electricity, the fire alarms and suppression system will not work but it is also nearly impossible there will be an electrical fire,” a Canadian Forces officer told staff in an email.

The workers on the 11th floor won’t have access to water or toilets during the shutdown because of low water pressure.

They will be given bottled water. Toilets up to the sixth floor of the building will continue to function.

“This is absolutely ridiculous,” said John MacLennan, national president of the Union of National Defence Employees. “Everything about this violates every health and safety law there is.”

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Flash in training for new justice league movie.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

quote:

“Without electricity, the fire alarms and suppression system will not work but it is also nearly impossible there will be an electrical fire,” a Canadian Forces officer told staff in an email.

Thank goodness electrical fires are the only kind of fire!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Buildings pretty much never caught on fire prior to the late nineteenth century.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

H110Hawk posted:

Niiiiice.