Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I don't want to make fun of Bill, but you know they cut away from him speaking when he was checking his notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Negligent posted:

bring back Toned Abs

I miss tones

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Sportsbet
Coalition 1.33
Alp 3.25

Centre bet
Coalition 1.30
Alp 3.50

Ladbrokes
Coalition 1.30
Alp 3.30

Bill shorten will never be prime minister

Put your money where your mouth is if you disagree

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

anidav post a screenshot of your awful gambling habits

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tithin posted:

I miss tones

If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad prime minister is a little bit like a bad employment services provider or a bad real estate agent. Not withstanding all his or her faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad prime minister but at least he’s blaming someone else while he is in fact the prime minister.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Negligent posted:

Sportsbet
Coalition 1.33
Alp 3.25

Centre bet
Coalition 1.30
Alp 3.50

Ladbrokes
Coalition 1.30
Alp 3.30

Bill shorten will never be prime minister

Put your money where your mouth is if you disagree

BBJoey posted:

anidav post a screenshot of your awful gambling habits

Yeah that's kind of a dumb dare given who you're arguing with.

Besides don't you need to show some sort of proof you'll move to Cambodia if Blair Witch becomes prime minister?

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

Let me hear you balalaika's ringing out, come and keep your comrade warm!
How the hell did Dutton ever make it this far in politics? Even the Coalition must consider him one of their worst performers. I mean he's managed to successfully keep ScoMo's concentration camps open, but aside from that he's been a massive liability for them. Gaffe after gaffe, potato like expression after potato like expression.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

:haw:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

DNQ posted:

How the hell did Dutton ever make it this far in politics? Even the Coalition must consider him one of their worst performers. I mean he's managed to successfully keep ScoMo's concentration camps open, but aside from that he's been a massive liability for them. Gaffe after gaffe, potato like expression after potato like expression.

he's a rising star

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DNQ posted:

He's the great white hope, especially after Morrison threw his lot in with Turnbull.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I was watching a replay of the 2015 leadership challenge and whenever Duttton was brought up as candidate for deputy leader someone would crack up.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
My theory was that with the refugee crisis going on in Europe and things being up in the air there that they would leave dutton so if poo poo goes south for them he could be the scape goat being one of the last remnants of team Abbott. But now he just seems to be an albatross hanging around the LNPs neck.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

katlington posted:

Video footage of Masoumali at Nauru hospital shows him clearly conscious as he paces up and down while screaming – with severe burns apparent to his arms, legs, chest and back – while distressed friends plead for him to be given assistance.

A second clip shows doctors and nurses struggling to administer painkillers, as Masoumali, still standing, continues to scream. People watching nearby are vomiting.

Forget that, it's BUDGET NIIIIIIGHT! Who's with me fellow politics nerds :iamafag:

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Do we have a budget bingo card

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Snod. posted:

"Negligent thinks it's good for the LNP's election chances" is the free square.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

How long until the budget speech
Will it be on ABC24?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Snod. posted:

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Anidav posted:

How long until the budget speech
Will it be on ABC24?

7:30 and supposedly yes

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Big Willy Style posted:

My theory was that with the refugee crisis going on in Europe and things being up in the air there that they would leave dutton so if poo poo goes south for them he could be the scape goat being one of the last remnants of team Abbott. But now he just seems to be an albatross hanging around the LNPs neck.

The way I remember it, the albatross brought good luck until some idiot killed it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You know what is going to be in the budget tonight??

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
http://sarah-hanson-young.greensmps..._medium=twitter

quote:

The Australian Greens have slammed the Labor and Liberal parties for teaming up to defeat a motion (below) calling on the Government to acknowledge Adnyamathanha traditional owners' opposition to a radioactive waste dump in the Flinders Ranges and refusing to remove Barndioota as a nominated site for such a facility.
"The Adnyamathanha traditional owners have long campaigned against nuclear waste being housed on culturally significant land near the beautiful Flinders Ranges. The Labor and Liberal parties have thumbed their noses at these traditional owners who want nothing more than to preserve this land they have occupied for tens of thousands of years, for future generations," Greens Senator for South Australia Robert Simms said.
"The Greens will stand with the Adnyamathanha traditional owners to get this land struck from the Government's list of proposed sites. It's time for all opponents of this nuclear waste dump to rally around their support for the traditional owners as they enter this fight for this precious, culturally significant land."
Senator Sarah Hanson-Young said the Labor and Liberal Parties joint ticket on an SA nuclear dump was especially concerning with the state government's Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission due to hand down its report on Friday.
"The Labor and Liberal Parties are happy to turn South Australia into the nation's nuclear waste dump," Senator Hanson-Young said.
"At this election, only the Greens will stand with South Australians and against dumping nuclear waste in our precious Flinders Ranges."

Media contacts
Simms - Amy Moran 0417 173 508
Hanson-Young - Noah Schultz-Byard 0427 604 760

NOTICE OF MOTION 2 May 2016
I give notice that on the next day of sitting I shall move that -
The Senate -
1. Notes that
a. On the 27th of November 2015 the Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners released a statement outlining their opposition to the nomination of Barndioota station to host a National Radioactive Waste facility; the statement details environmental conditions in the area including flooding and yarta ngurra-ngurrandha (earthquakes and tremors) the importance of ground water and many mound springs close to the proposed site
b. On the 29th of April press releases were issued from three different organisations that represent Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners detailing their opposition to the nomination of Barndioota station
c. The area is of cultural significance to Adnyamathanha
d. Yappala was declared an Indigenous Protected Area (IPA) by the Federal Government in 2014
e. There is extensive archaeological evidence of occupation in the surrounding area
f. There has been a lack of consultation with Adnyamathanha
2. Calls on the Government to:
a. Acknowledge the opposition from Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners
b. Respect previous commitments on non-imposition and the importance of community consent and remove the Barndioota site as a nominated site
SENATOR SCOTT LUDLAM

Labor_values.txt

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Someone do a gif of Captain Kirk screaming CAAAAAAAAARRRP. No, wait, make it Barnaby looking like Kirk. I'm bad at this.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Carptain Barnaby

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
C
A
A
A
R
R
R
P
P
P
P

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

what spot on the ticket did Sarah Hanson Young get? Is there any possibility we can get rid of her?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

what spot on the ticket did Sarah Hanson Young get? Is there any possibility we can get rid of her?

Could we infect her with carp herpes?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

https://vine.co/v/ixmhxDruUzZ

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Could we infect her with carp herpes?

I will not be infected with carp herpes by this man.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Negligent posted:

Depends where she is on the ticket in a DD, how well NXT go.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Haha, Scomo's got a new proposal for JOBSEEKERS

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

37B deficit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

RRRRRRRROADS.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Magog posted:

I will not be infected with carp herpes by this man.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Haha what

decrease to a 9bn deficit by 2019...BY CUTTING TAXES?

TELL ME MORE VOODOO ECONOMIST?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I'm impressed with how loving unimpressive this budget is.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

He's a fixer Mr Speaker

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

yesssss i get a tax cut :smuggo:

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Did someone say jobs and growth?

Edit: lol at "taxism"

loving idiot can't even talk mr speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

"This isn't the time to be splashing money around"

does.. does he know how economies work?

• Locked thread