Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

It strikes me that none of those fairly numerous and involved steps to take in the Crimestopper's Textbook would actually prevent you from being a victim, but they would aid authorities in determining a close to exact time when you were brutally murdered, which I guess is something at least.
That's either an awful cut & paste or she's awkwardly standing on his foot.

F Minus engages in passive resistance

Mary Worth

Uh oh...:siren:OTHER THINGS:siren:

Rex Morgan MD

Terry Beatty: "Great artists are all good at drawing hands" eh? Well I'll show you, Woody Wilson! I'm gonna draw the hell out of a hand here just you watch...

GOD DAMMIT!

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

She'll make a fine housewife!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Kids do that poo poo all the time. My little sister did that while I was trying to carry her across a loving zebra crossing with a bunch of cars waiting. Then when I finally dragged her to the other side she threw her loving shoe into the crossing and cried till I went and fetched it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Tambaloneus posted:

Kids do that poo poo all the time. My little sister did that while I was trying to carry her across a loving zebra crossing with a bunch of cars waiting. Then when I finally dragged her to the other side she threw her loving shoe into the crossing and cried till I went and fetched it.

In fairness, I've done as much as an adult. It's quite effective.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

treasureplane posted:

Lil' Abner (October 19, 1936)

Selachian posted:

Edge of And Now Something for the Ladies

It's like Caravaggio in the comics.

comix!

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darkest Auer posted:

I know, but there's still no way a kid's going to ask for seafood instead of a steak or a burger or pizza though.
This is so incredibly wrong

goatface posted:

Didn't someone accurately identify Gil's setting location from an off the cuff reference to shellfish?
That was me and it was clamcakes sold at the beach.

Del's was also a dead giveaway as someone else mentioned.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set like to live it up when vacationing.

Working Daze is going to be a terrible parent.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix sticks to a winning formula.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

This cartoon is based on a true story.

Pogo (May 5, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (October 7-10, 1954)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is going to be a terrible parent.

how the gently caress do you break up after one date

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Is it even widely known that Blaze has moved in with Notta? I'd think that would be inconvenient for her current plan. But if no one knows Blaze is living with Notta, why would she need to keep a low profile?

Not to mention Notta's odd living arrangements. She has a backyard hot tub, but not a washing machine?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Everybody knows Twilight Princess was poo poo on toast though.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I wanted to see what it looks like to do 82 pushups in a minute and finding a video that actually contained the attempt and didn't just talk about it was a lot harder than it had any right to be. It definitely wasn't worth the effort. But here it is, effort free, for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u57PCK-pe8

SA is determined to take my time code out, so start it at 50 seconds to skip some Indian dude talking. My favorite part is the supportive audience start clapping to help pump Dr. Joseph's spirits up, but they underestimated how long 60 seconds is so you can tell when they start feeling really awkward about how long this is taking and by the time the minute is up the crowd is just done with this clapping thing and Joseph just finishes to uncomfortable silence.

Calaveron posted:

Everybody knows Twilight Princess was poo poo on toast though.

I liked it! :shrug:

Not gonna say it was the best Zelda, but it sure as poo poo wasn't Ocarina.

Luann

That's great. Poison the well for him before he even gets a chance to start. You're wonderful people.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Xandu transported MJ to the Tentacle Dimension. :ohdear:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Well, this just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

Instead of firing another shot, he

Deep Dark Fears

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Instead of firing another shot, he

I think this is confirmation Alfie doesn't actually exist, and maybe none of Inspector Danger's cases at all.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I think I'll try bringing Garbage Ape and Friends back into the thread.

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

3D printers, noted for their numerous applications in an office setting.

Aw, I ran out of paper clips. OR DID I

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

"Yup, time to wash my undercover outfit, and my regular police outfit"

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Well, this just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Fifty Shades of Eve.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

That hairstyle (?) is really distracting. I'm looking right at those panels and all my brain registers is "grey wedge". It's the single most standout graphical element in the strip and Bettwy is bad at visual jobs.

Pointylips either has the mother of all combovers or is wearing a shooting poopstar but at least it stays in the background.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think I've managed to read a single Tinkersons because I'm always distracted by how loving awful the art is.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Ew.

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Why so glum, Troy Haupt illustration?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

That hairstyle (?) is really distracting. I'm looking right at those panels and all my brain registers is "grey wedge". It's the single most standout graphical element in the strip and Bettwy is bad at visual jobs.

Pointylips either has the mother of all combovers or is wearing a shooting poopstar but at least it stays in the background.
Her hair is an avocado skin.

The worst offender is the dog, it has brown forelegs except when they're white. It's a depressing strip.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Darthemed posted:

Why so glum, Troy Haupt illustration?

He's got pretty good reasons. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/sports/football/super-bowl-i-recording-broadcast-nfl-troy-haupt.html

tl;dr He owns the physical tape, but the NFL refuses to pay for it and has made it clear that they will sue the poo poo out of him if he ever tries to sell it to somebody else. They've also been threatening to pull advertising from media outlets trying to interview him. Serves you Right for Trying Comix.

This right here is why Poncho isn't just a species-swapped Garfield. If The Garf tried to murder somebody, it would be a big deal. For Poncho, it's just a Tuesday.

Ballard Street

That last one is a pretty good example of the Just World Fallacy. I hope some parents somewhere took this as an opportunity to talk to their kids.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Intelligent Death

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

RandomFerret posted:

He's got pretty good reasons. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/sports/football/super-bowl-i-recording-broadcast-nfl-troy-haupt.html

tl;dr He owns the physical tape, but the NFL refuses to pay for it and has made it clear that they will sue the poo poo out of him if he ever tries to sell it to somebody else. They've also been threatening to pull advertising from media outlets trying to interview him. Serves you Right for Trying Comix.

The NFL is run by dicks, but that shouldn't come as a surprise for anybody who's been following how they've dealt with concussion science.

Skippy knows what he means. (March 5, 1929)

Peanuts (May 3, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft is just loving with us now.

Rip Haywire: And speaking of screwing around with people...

Out Our Way (March 15-16, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 20, 1929)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Irony, or something.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

It's a movie, not a documentary. You hire actors to play students, you don't just film an actual graduation and splice it into your film or, even worse, try to film actual scenes with a real graduation ceremony going on in the background. Also, Mason here is an actor. Not a producer, or anyone who would have any part in lining up locations or extras. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hahahaha! If only this silly old woman knew how terrible Lynn's Ellie's family is, and how they never appreciate the way she works and slaves and gives up all her hopes and dreams for them! She doesn't even realize what a blessing it was for her old husband to die while there was still a shred of happiness in the relationship! What hijinks!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Is this to the point at which Johnston was aware that her husband was having an affair?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Is this to the point at which Johnston was aware that her husband was having an affair?

According to Lynn, she didn't learn about the affair until 2007, which is about a year before Foob ended/rebooted/went into reruns.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

It's a movie, not a documentary. You hire actors to play students, you don't just film an actual graduation and splice it into your film or, even worse, try to film actual scenes with a real graduation ceremony going on in the background. Also, Mason here is an actor. Not a producer, or anyone who would have any part in lining up locations or extras. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

You can't afford poo poo like extras, producers or locations staff operating on an Asylum budget.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 10, 1951)

Barnaby (September 15, 1942)

Nancy (May 25, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (February 5, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 6, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 20, 1936)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

RandomFerret posted:

tl;dr He owns the physical tape, but the NFL refuses to pay for it and has made it clear that they will sue the poo poo out of him if he ever tries to sell it to somebody else. They've also been threatening to pull advertising from media outlets trying to interview him.
Does Ripley's have what it takes to take on an organization like the NFL, or is this the last we'll see of this strip?

F Minus

Donald Trump's America.

Mary Worth

"Go back to eating your globs."

Rex Morgan MD

"What the gently caress is wrong with you people today?"

Secret Agent X-9

I would say this is big business using their influence with the government to keep new competition in check, but I'm sure these will be honest businessmen being shaken down by someone named "Lucky" who has kidnapped a daughter of one of them to get them to cooperate with this scheme.

Apartment 3-G

Women!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"Go back to eating your globs."

Yeah, "as well as"

Stuccojeff
May 2, 2009

Wow . . .

Is the joke here that Lynn's wedding was terrible from the beginning and she doesn't have the heart to break that news to a dying old lady who selling her last possessions/memories before she kicks it?

If so, she may have out-Batiuk Batiuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just an experiment to see how little effort it would take to make Bleeker less dull.

And a couple other specimens, since I had five free minutes.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 3, 2016

• Locked thread